Roosh V Forum
Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Indirect requests for money in poorer countries (/thread-61297.html)

Pages: 1 2

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Salsero - 02-16-2017

I'm sure we've all experienced this....
You're in some third world country and find a nice chick at the mall.
She works at the mobile phone accessories stand and earns $3.50 per day.
You take her to a bar where a soda costs more than her daily wage.
She sees you living an apparently rich lifestyle with 40 countries under your belt.
You're banging in a fancy apartment, in a neighbourhood that she's never ventured to, with piped air conditiong and cable; comforts and conveniences she doesn't have at her Mom's two bedroom house, which she shares with 7 others.

She might have a kid, who she struggles with on her own. She absolutely has bills to pay and $3.50 doesn't cut it.
.... she's not a ho, but is surely conflicted about a present opportunity (you)... so she drops subtle hints about money....
She would love to visit the salon but can't afford it.
She'd love to dress in a skimpy Chanel dress for you, but doesn't have the money.
"Hey, let's go to Punta Cana for the week."

This has been a common scenario throughout my travels in Latin America.

Here in Santo Domingo and I've met quite a few really nice non pro chicks with jobs.
In one case, in reply to a second date request, she said she'd would need to visit the salon and buy clothes..... with money she doesn't have.
It feels like a roundabout request for cash, which I've ignored.

Another case here.... my first Dominican flag is studying and currently unemployed.
She has never asked for money straight out but tried to pin me down on a weekend trip to Panama City, clearly expecting me to pay.
Again - she saw my apartment and listened to me rap about extensive travel and enabled lifestyle... then heard "ka-ching"

I'd be interested to hear whether this is perceived as a grey area, or simply requires ruthlesness.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Akwesi - 02-16-2017

If I'm fucking a girl from some shithole country over a period of time I don't mind spending 20 bucks on a new weave or whatever. But Chanel dresses and trips abroad?

[Image: gtfo.gif]

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - kaotic - 02-16-2017

Quote: (02-16-2017 05:18 PM)Salsero Wrote:  

Again - she saw my apartment and listened to me rap about extensive travel and enabled lifestyle... then heard "ka-ching"

Well....yeah.

[Image: agree2.gif]

Women love men who are well off, it's as simple as that, anywhere in the world.

You definitely have the advantage but maybe tone down bragging about traveling and showing off your apartment.

Or not worry about that at all, and kick those bitches to the curb.

It's not unheard of paying a taxi for a girl leaving or coming from your place.

But these girls see you well off, want a taste of it, and put you into the provider/boyfriend category.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Shimmy - 02-16-2017

Any girl that hints/asks for it sees you as a mark, simple as that. I always pay when we go out or pay for a girls taxi if she needs me to, but as soon as a girl hints at trips or shopping she's using you.

If it's not a problem and you don't see anything long term just roll with it. If it bothers you that much and it's a deal breaker start screening. Get a girl to talk about relationships early on and ask about her past then she will ask you the question back. Respond with something along the lines of "I was dating a girl but then she started asking me to take her shopping and on vacations so I stopped talking to her. I guess there's guys that do that sort of thing and she thought I was one of them and could take advantage of me". Obviously work it into the conversation and try to be as subtle as possible but that should do the trick.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Fortis - 02-16-2017

Hmm, never really experienced this. I had a chinese girl once ask to borrow a few hundred RMB which she promptly paid back. That said, I'm nearly 30 and she was on the side of 20 so I didn't really see that as odd. I was broke at 20 too.

I don't really brag about money or anything and I live in a pretty unassuming Chinese neighborhood and keep a very low profile so I don't think she was trying to fleece me.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Shimmy - 02-16-2017

Quote: (02-16-2017 07:34 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I don't really brag about money or anything and I live in a pretty unassuming Chinese neighborhood and keep a very low profile so I don't think she was trying to fleece me.

It's not very common in Asia like it is in South America.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Fortis - 02-16-2017

Depends on where you go. In a place like SZ, China? Nope, they probably have more money in their family than your money does. I'm serious. Those ratty-looking old chinese dudes you see walking around in NYC and other spots are loaded more often than not.

If you head into "real china" i'm sure the questions about money would come up more.

I was once sitting in the lobby of an apartment complex with my ex and this old dude strikes up a convo with her. Turns out he's from the SAME province, SAME village and even knows her fucking aunt. Anyway, the guy looks at me and goes, "ah, american. He must be rich. You should marry him."

The point i'm making is that this old dude is from real china and money is often the first thing these people think when they see an obvious american like myself. That said, they probably won't outright ask for it, but they may try and snare you.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - MongolianAbroad - 02-16-2017

No.

Hard next.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - BallsDeep - 02-16-2017

Bro you're getting played.

It's one thing to buy her dinner. Quite another to fly her to Panama City, or even Punta Cana.

Stop calling them subtle hints because she clearly sees you as a mark--and if it's happening to you with multiple girls you need to fix what you're doing.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - LeavingAmerica - 02-17-2017

I would only give girls a few free meals, bus/taxi rides and maybe cellphone minutes. Girls begging for luxury items, rent or loans are probably hustling other guys on the side. There are girls like this even in developed countries.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - mpr - 02-17-2017

Women who ask for luxury items are worse then whores. They don't respect you, and they see you as a sucker. At least a whore is honest, you know what you're getting, and how much your paying for it. I mean it would be one thing for her to ask for food or cell phone minutes or something. Not that I'd give her that either. But money to get their nails done, or designer clothing?! GTFO!

If a woman outed herself as a blatant gold digger I'd keep my guard up, and try to get a bang or two out of her. Assuming she isn't too much of a pain in the ass. But if she scams you, or constantly starts nagging you for things; then kick her ass to the curb. And for gods sake don't give her anything!!! Paying out just encourages more of that behavior in the future.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - John Michael Kane - 02-17-2017

That's why I'm not a fan of dating the absolute poorest of the poor women for a LTR. It is best to aim for the middle-class (even if it is middle-class by the standards fo her country) than it is to date the absolute poor. If she isn't starving, she's less likely to latch on to you just for money, but actually because she likes you. If you are going to get a girlfriend from the 3rd world, just make sure she has her basic needs met by her own income would be my advice.

Having said all that, I see no harm in little meals or trinkets here and there in a relationship. I certainly won't be dropping major dimes on luxury goods just so she can take instagram pics. Respecting yourself as a man means learning the difference between buying your girlfriend a boba drink and buying her a Bulgari.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - pressplay - 02-18-2017

Quote: (02-16-2017 05:18 PM)Salsero Wrote:  

She works at the mobile phone accessories stand and earns $3.50 per day.
You take her to a bar where a soda costs more than her daily wage.

Why would you take a phone stand girl to a fancy bar? Keep your dates simple in the DR. You can show her your "rich" lifestyle, just make it clear from the beginning that you are conscious about money. Don't let her assume that it's perfectly normal you are paying for everything, even the little things.

Quote: (02-16-2017 08:14 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

It's one thing to buy her dinner. Quite another to fly her to Panama City, or even Punta Cana.

Note that the OP is in Santo Domingo, so Punta Cana is just a 3h bus ride away. Actually not that bad of an idea to go there for a few days with a nice girl from the city.

Now I would never go on a trip "requested" by the girl though. It's all a matter of frame. You can spend money on a girl, but you should be the one to come up with the idea. You make the rules and give a chosen girl the chance to take part in your trip.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - DoctaWho - 02-20-2017

Nobody can answer the question of when/if you should pay but you. We all have different lines in regards to how far we'll go. I once met a guy who almost got sliced up because he refused to give a chick $5 for a mototaxi the next day. The reality is that you need to do the following things:

1. Manage her expectations. That means that even if you're a wealthy guy you show restraint in where you take her based on how long you've known her and what you want from her. The one caveat is that if you're passing through town and trying to just blow through women then the better lifestyle you can show the more success you will have with most women willing to take a chance on "dating" the foreign dude who will likely leave in a week

2. Figure out what you want from the chick. Throwing a few bucks or maybe a salon day at a chick you slept with and vacationed with a for a week is ok to me, but I will never send money to anyone I don't know I have a kid with unless we have a really really strong rapport and it's likely going directly to their mom and not them. If I like a chick I won't give cash but buying her shoes or clothes that are reasonably priced or a toy for her kid is again ok to me.

3. Be strong enough to cut her off if she get's demandy. Worst case you jack off or take the direct p4p route. Best case she straightens out (many do and just start asking later) or you find someone else.

4. Take some time to consider what she wants from you. Let's be honest most women who date foreigners are looking for something. In some cases it's anonymous sex, sometimes it's a night in A/C, sometimes it's direct cash or long term cash...The reality is that all women and all men want something from each other and the hard part is figuring out what that is and if you're willing to pay the price.

5. If you're catching feelings or looking for something deeper take a long hard look at her lifestyle and try to get a window into her past. I remember talking to a guy who thought he had found the Vietnamese love of his life so he took her on a week long vacation with him thinking she was a good girl. He deluded himself into thinking he was special until he realized she's dated and was actively talking to other foreigners. The reality is that most poor people can't randomly take a week off work. There's other signs too such as belongings she can't afford at her income level, living not with family in some countries, kids with multiple foreign guys, a profile that says she only dates white guys, pictures of her travelling the world despite having no visible means of income...

I'll part by saying that at the end of the day it's about managing your expectations and figuring out what best fits with the lifestyle you want to lead. Some might but I'll never judge a man who spends money when he enjoys a woman's company or takes a woman places since I'm old enough to realize that eventually we all pay one way or another. My best advice would be that if you want to keep a chick long term make sure she invests something in you as well.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Cambodian Creamsicle - 02-20-2017

If you're going to game in the third world this is one of the consequences. When I was in Africa recently I ended up hanging out with a couple Swedish chicks that actually bought me a beer and a shot. Quite refreshing. I don't think in my years of travel through the third world a single girl has bought me anything.

I've been seeing a Ukrainian chick off and on for years that is used to guys taking her shopping and on vacations abroad. She tells me to buy her shit regularly but I've never bought her a single thing. Yet when I text her to come over she shows up to get banged out regardless.

Point is, don't buy them shit and keep fucking them. If they won't fuck unless you're buying them expensive shit, next. If she turns into a gf onviously things change, but she shouldn't be asking for much before commitment.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Yeti - 02-20-2017

For mini-relationships with a poor girl, to me it seems natural that you'd hook her up with some meals, nights out, simple hotel rooms, etc.

But for a long-term relationship, my general advice is that guys only date middle class girls who have gone to university. These are the girls who don't live with that desperate look in their eyes, and won't see you so much as a dollar sign.

I'm afraid to say that travel has somewhat lost its wonder for me and this is one of the reasons why. Poor shitholes the world over are basically the same - people see you as a dollar sign, and so there's nothing really different about one place from the next. Everywhere you go, people are hustling to make that cash, obsessed with their phones, etc. When I travel now, it's not to see something to DO something, like go surfing, learn a language, etc.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Rossi - 02-20-2017

Quote: (02-16-2017 08:14 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

Bro you're getting played.

Stop calling them subtle hints because she clearly sees you as a mark--and if it's happening to you with multiple girls you need to fix what you're doing.

What's so harmful flying girl to few hours away for mini weekend getaway, especially if you love banging her out and hanging out?

It's not like, you're flying her to Monaco for 5 star resort.

I met Swedish girl going to university in Florence few years ago. She was tight in terms of money, I took her to Sardinia for 3 day weekend. We went to party Friday, Saturdan and Sunday, plus we banged every day couple of times. It was pretty good.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Rawmeo - 02-20-2017

If I haven't got anything from her (no bang), she will get zero. If she's a single mom, she also gets zero, because she shown that she just can't make decisions intelligently.

When it comes to other girls, it depends. The general rule is: The better you act with me, the more you'll get from me. If I bring a girl to my place, and there's extreme LMR, she's going straight home by bus after. If she gives me a good bang, she'll get more. I have absolutely no problem paying a $200 dinner to one of my plates who has always been loyal, never did LMR, and acts nice.

It goes both ways, and not just about girls. I often greet my plates with presents, and sometimes invite them to sky bars and other fancy places if they deserve it. But for girls asking me for things, I have a problem with that. I would not bring a girl on a trip unless she's a REALLY good plate.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Cambodian Creamsicle - 02-20-2017

^ LMR is par for the course on the first bang so I wouldn't penalize to harshly for that, but if there's resistance on subsequent bangs, yes, bus it is.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Off The Reservation - 02-20-2017

Its not indirect, its direct prostitution. 60℅ of Dominican women are some form of prostitute, its embeded. 100℅ of ue ones talking to you are.

What you dont see that is do obvious is that she doesnt expect you to say yes to trips to Panama.

You will say yes to something smaller, still scratching your head about Panama, and she will have whatever it is she planned.

Next up on this channel: Papi I was just thinking about how nice it would be in Panama with you. But it ok. Can we do ____ instead?
To which you reply in the affirmative and jump to the chance to correct your previous rejection of her requests.

LOL classic sales tactics. Not sure your average dirt poor girl has this level of manipulation in her arsenal.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Rawmeo - 02-20-2017

Quote: (02-20-2017 12:35 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

^ LMR is par for the course on the first bang so I wouldn't penalize to harshly for that, but if there's resistance on subsequent bangs, yes, bus it is.

Some token LMR can be acceptable, and I'm always more tolerant on the first date. However when I already banged her once, there's no reason to throw LMR again.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Off The Reservation - 03-20-2017

So how was Panama?

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - norberts - 03-21-2017

I wouldn't underestimate any DR chica, most live for today not tomorrow, it is about survival and they will go for whatever they can get. It comes down to whatever one is looking for personally. It is contradictory, but the ones really good at it, can also have a long term game, pull you in for a LTR and get you on the hook, in some cases the family is in on it and they will play along for the real end goal: $$. There are no moral hangups about it. The guy she introduces to you as her cousin could be her boyfriend or husband! The gringo is always fair game, there is no conscience involved. When in doubt ask yourself how a local Dominican dude with the same means as you would handle the situation.

Machismo is what those chicas know and expect. Show them a good time, and until you know them well, know how they live and who they hang out with, I'd think twice before you pay for non-essentials because the end result will be they will see you as a pendejo, a situation difficult if not impossible to recover from. Saying yes to things that don't logically make sense (Panama when it would take years of savings to buy a ticket) puts you on a fast track to attaining that status and opens the floodgates to all kinds of requests.

Indirect requests for money in poorer countries - Off The Reservation - 03-21-2017

Quote: (03-21-2017 01:10 AM)norberts Wrote:  

I wouldn't underestimate any DR chica, most live for today not tomorrow, it is about survival and they will go for whatever they can get. It comes down to whatever one is looking for personally. It is contradictory, but the ones really good at it, can also have a long term game, pull you in for a LTR and get you on the hook, in some cases the family is in on it and they will play along for the real end goal: $$. There are no moral hangups about it. The guy she introduces to you as her cousin could be her boyfriend or husband! The gringo is always fair game, there is no conscience involved. When in doubt ask yourself how a local Dominican dude with the same means as you would handle the situation.

Machismo is what those chicas know and expect. Show them a good time, and until you know them well, know how they live and who they hang out with, I'd think twice before you pay for non-essentials because the end result will be they will see you as a pendejo, a situation difficult if not impossible to recover from. Saying yes to things that don't logically make sense (Panama when it would take years of savings to buy a ticket) puts you on a fast track to attaining that status and opens the floodgates to all kinds of requests.

Plus one from me. This is so important and so hard for outsiders to comprehend. I know, I fell for it at one time,