Roosh V Forum
Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Playa del Carmen Data Sheet (/thread-5976.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - ElJefe - 08-14-2011

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Venues: Playa has a smaller version of nearly everything in Cancún. Manderlay, Coco Bongo being the first to cross my mind.

Most places are located along 5a avenida, where girls drink for free most nights. Men can pay just for entry or for open bar, and they give you a bracelet.

I didn't explore much else, but by 2AM all the action is going on here - either at the Blue Parrot (which seems to cater more to the younger crowd) or Manderlay, which aims for a more upscale vibe - but it's all show - no real class, shitty cocktails. But fuck it, that's not why we're here.

Coco Bongo was, for me, a fucking waste of time. You pay at least $50 bucks to get in to see a show I really didn't give a shit about. I tried to make up for it by pounding rum & cokes. The reviews they advertise are all for the Cancun show, so don't bother with CB here.

Also, it's not any good for meeting people. The music and lighting work against you as all attention is at the stage. So if you want to a girl to pay attention, go somewhere else. Like Blue Parrot, which became my preferred spot.

I was backpacking btw. If I was rolling in light-colored custom suits, I would've hit Manderlay and chatted up the dope Russian babes.

Cheapest spot is the Argentine bar on 5a, think the names is Pura Vida. Buena onda. Good place to spend the night if you like hippies.

Difficulty Level: Seriously, you can go for anything. Easy pick-ups are the backpacker chicks who are in constant festival mode. Yeah, you'll get some other guys sloppy seconds - you want a madonna go to church.

Manderlay you'll run into the inflated ego crowd we all know so well from back home. Granted, a lot of the girls will be down-to-earth and everyone is approachable. The underlying deal with PLaya is people come here fuck. They sunbathe, drink and party. But everyone wants to fuck. Even the hottest babes will be easier than back home.

Watch out for Jewish girls who don't put out for gentiles. Fucking prudes.

Quality Level: Again, huge spread. I banged two Argentine girls in two nights, but the quality was thereafter. These girls don't get laid at home, and I am admittedly a good-looking guy so I didn't need much game. With more skills I could definitely have done better.

Loads of mexicans come here, too - and their deal is the same. Get laid. Upper class chicks have got their bitch-shields up. You'll have to nuke the vaj from orbit.

The mestizos are easy pickings.

Also loads of Scandinavians - mostly Danes and Norwegians. They come in groups of 50-80 young girls (ages 19-22) to "learn" Spanish. They end up wasting 10,000 dollars getting hammered. They roll in large groups and are enternally grateful to meet a normal guy - watch the booze - all you have to do is not screw up and you can be tuggin some blonde mane and beating that pussy by the end of the night. She's rolling in a group, remember, so make sure to work her friends too. WHo knows, you might even get a threesome. They're on vacation, after all. The social pressure is off.
Logistics: You can't bring girls back to the hostel. This is the deal throughout central america. So I ended up doing it in some deserted bar down by the beach - kinda paranoid the cops would find us, they patrol the beach for exactly that kind of stuff. I'd recommend if you ahve the money, get an apartment. With decent game, you can pick up girls on the beach, invite em over for pre-party/after-party at your place and get down to business. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours effort, max.

Cultura: None. Whatsoever. Playa is not even that great for windsurfing, but it'll do. It's expensive as fuck (if you like your alcohol), so you can do better "living" other places if costs are a consideration. On the same token, if money is not an issue, this place has the best girls of all "backpacker" spots.

Tulum I haven't seen, but that's supposed to be beautiful. The entire Quintana Roo coastline down to Chetumal has plenty of beautiful spots, some place an hour north of there - begins with a B, looked great - an old white fort on a cliff overlooking the amazing beaches and gorgeous water.

Isla Mujeres is a great backpacker spot, cheaper and more chill than Playa - about an hour or two from Playa. Easy to get to with public transport - avoid tourist transport if you can - they rip you off. Mexicans are very polite and extremely friendly and helpful if you speak Spanish to them. Not unlike Guatemalans. Nicaraguans are fat and ugly and swear all the time.

I'm sure there's more, but I hope you guys can get something out of this. Don't hesitate to ask. I'll do write-ups on the rest of what I saw in CA soon.

For the rest of you boys who like to roll with a low mileage on wheels of cash, I wish I could say more on the nicer accomodations @ Playa, but alas. But the paragraph on the tougher girls is still pertinent.

Hostels are about 10-12 bucks a night. You can eat expensive (more expensive than the US, tips are not included in the price) or you can grab the street chow, which I friggin loved ($1 tacos) - no stomach problems. Street chow in Guate was shit. Nica street chow was great.

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - redneckpunk - 08-14-2011

Quote: (08-14-2011 07:49 AM)ElJefe Wrote:  

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Venues: Playa has a smaller version of nearly everything in Cancún. Manderlay, Coco Bongo being the first to cross my mind.

Most places are located along 5a avenida, where girls drink for free most nights. Men can pay just for entry or for open bar, and they give you a bracelet.

I didn't explore much else, but by 2AM all the action is going on here - either at the Blue Parrot (which seems to cater more to the younger crowd) or Manderlay, which aims for a more upscale vibe - but it's all show - no real class, shitty cocktails. But fuck it, that's not why we're here.

Coco Bongo was, for me, a fucking waste of time. You pay at least $50 bucks to get in to see a show I really didn't give a shit about. I tried to make up for it by pounding rum & cokes. The reviews they advertise are all for the Cancun show, so don't bother with CB here.

Also, it's not any good for meeting people. The music and lighting work against you as all attention is at the stage. So if you want to a girl to pay attention, go somewhere else. Like Blue Parrot, which became my preferred spot.

I was backpacking btw. If I was rolling in light-colored custom suits, I would've hit Manderlay and chatted up the dope Russian babes.

Cheapest spot is the Argentine bar on 5a, think the names is Pura Vida. Buena onda. Good place to spend the night if you like hippies.

Difficulty Level: Seriously, you can go for anything. Easy pick-ups are the backpacker chicks who are in constant festival mode. Yeah, you'll get some other guys sloppy seconds - you want a madonna go to church.

Manderlay you'll run into the inflated ego crowd we all know so well from back home. Granted, a lot of the girls will be down-to-earth and everyone is approachable. The underlying deal with PLaya is people come here fuck. They sunbathe, drink and party. But everyone wants to fuck. Even the hottest babes will be easier than back home.

Watch out for Jewish girls who don't put out for gentiles. Fucking prudes.

Quality Level: Again, huge spread. I banged two Argentine girls in two nights, but the quality was thereafter. These girls don't get laid at home, and I am admittedly a good-looking guy so I didn't need much game. With more skills I could definitely have done better.

Loads of mexicans come here, too - and their deal is the same. Get laid. Upper class chicks have got their bitch-shields up. You'll have to nuke the vaj from orbit.

The mestizos are easy pickings.

Also loads of Scandinavians - mostly Danes and Norwegians. They come in groups of 50-80 young girls (ages 19-22) to "learn" Spanish. They end up wasting 10,000 dollars getting hammered. They roll in large groups and are enternally grateful to meet a normal guy - watch the booze - all you have to do is not screw up and you can be tuggin some blonde mane and beating that pussy by the end of the night. She's rolling in a group, remember, so make sure to work her friends too. WHo knows, you might even get a threesome. They're on vacation, after all. The social pressure is off.
Logistics: You can't bring girls back to the hostel. This is the deal throughout central america. So I ended up doing it in some deserted bar down by the beach - kinda paranoid the cops would find us, they patrol the beach for exactly that kind of stuff. I'd recommend if you ahve the money, get an apartment. With decent game, you can pick up girls on the beach, invite em over for pre-party/after-party at your place and get down to business. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours effort, max.

Cultura: None. Whatsoever. Playa is not even that great for windsurfing, but it'll do. It's expensive as fuck (if you like your alcohol), so you can do better "living" other places if costs are a consideration. On the same token, if money is not an issue, this place has the best girls of all "backpacker" spots.

Tulum I haven't seen, but that's supposed to be beautiful. The entire Quintana Roo coastline down to Chetumal has plenty of beautiful spots, some place an hour north of there - begins with a B, looked great - an old white fort on a cliff overlooking the amazing beaches and gorgeous water.

Isla Mujeres is a great backpacker spot, cheaper and more chill than Playa - about an hour or two from Playa. Easy to get to with public transport - avoid tourist transport if you can - they rip you off. Mexicans are very polite and extremely friendly and helpful if you speak Spanish to them. Not unlike Guatemalans. Nicaraguans are fat and ugly and swear all the time.

I'm sure there's more, but I hope you guys can get something out of this. Don't hesitate to ask. I'll do write-ups on the rest of what I saw in CA soon.

For the rest of you boys who like to roll with a low mileage on wheels of cash, I wish I could say more on the nicer accomodations @ Playa, but alas. But the paragraph on the tougher girls is still pertinent.

Hostels are about 10-12 bucks a night. You can eat expensive (more expensive than the US, tips are not included in the price) or you can grab the street chow, which I friggin loved ($1 tacos) - no stomach problems. Street chow in Guate was shit. Nica street chow was great.

nice report, we are lacking info on Mexico on this forum, and i dig mexican girls.

Anything you notice different in the vibe of the Yucatan than the rest of mexico (assuming you went anywhere else)? More polite in southern Mex vs north Mex? I've heard that before.

This is not real Mexico. It's a disgusting piece of soulless American non-culture super-imposed on some of the most beautiful beaches I have seen in my not-so-extensive travels. It might as well be in California except people here are willing to spend more money on crap because it's part of their vacation budget.

That said, it's a good place to go if you want to meet tons of attractive young women.

Many of the hottest Mexican girls here come down from DF (the capital) to have a good time. They can be pretty dismissive, but if your game is tight and you have a witty remark ready to disarm the bitch-shield, you're good to go - but I doubt there'll be fucking involved. The ethnic mestizos are often middle-class, and much more DTF with blonde gringos.

didn't mean Playa de Carmen specifically. I realize it is Mexico with training wheels or a classier version of Cancun.

Toss up some info in Central America if you got it, we are lacking info there too.

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - thegmanifesto - 08-14-2011

I always thought Playa del Carmen was all about swooping high end Mex girls from Mex City and Guada.

Any more insight than they "got their bitch-shields up"?

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - Gunner - 08-14-2011

Quote: (08-14-2011 01:01 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I always thought Playa del Carmen was all about swooping high end Mex girls from Mex City and Guada.

Fresa girls, high end, travel in groups but there's always a zorra(slut) in thr group, they prefer Europeans than Gringos though. I love Playa, promise to write more about it later.

Playa del Carmen datasheet:

So, I might be a little biased because I love the place, is not as wild as Cancún though, is more like laid-back, hippie, weed, european so I really like the vibe.

The locals are only maya fisherman and ex-pats, for example, "El Asador de Manolo" is a steakhouse owned by an Argentinian named Manolo, it has some of the best bifes that I've had in my entire life, there are restaurants owned by Spaniards, Frenchs, etc.

Hotel:
I stayed at "Reina Roja" in a semi all inclusive plan, the alcohol was horrible, the only whiskey included was Passport, the food was good though, is a minimalist hotel so you get only small samples of food, the service was so so because it was so crowded. The rooms are awesome, they seem like a whore house or something like that, all the hotel is in red tones. The pool bar at the roof is perfect to daygame. The lobby bar at night is perfect to pregame at night too.

Here's the webpage: http://www.reinarojahotel.com/
The rooms: http://www.reinarojahotel.com/habitaciones-todas-2.html

Would I stay again there? Probably because it's well located but I would choose another plan and bring my own booze and eat outside.

Beach: Playa Mamitas is the top Beach, is located 5 blocks away from Reina Roja, if you want to have service there is expensive and by mexican standards is expensive as hell. Lots of people from everywhere, perfect for beach game, the sea is calm, like a pool in the ocean. White sand and turqoise-teal water. If you're cheap bring your own ice, plastic glasses and booze, there's an OXXO(like 7 eleven) at the entrance of the beach, they say that it's the OXXO that has more revenues in all Mexico so you can imagine the lines just to buy a coke. The lines are good to meet people though.

Mind that the competition is tough. There are some Europeans ripped as hell, once I saw a douchebag jersey shore type(buffed with no definition) trying to get a girl unsuccesfully just to be beaten by a ripped French guy.

http://www.mamitasbeachclub.com/

At day, you can walk all the 5th avenue, go to restaurants, bars, etc. to meet people and plan something for the night.

Nightlife: As I said earlier, nightlife in Playa is not as wild as in Cancun. You can get any kind of drugs at the street, lots of people are going to offer you weed/extasis/coke/etc.

Blue Parrot: Located on the beach, both bottle service and bar, 90s and modern music, laid-back, lots of international tourists and some upper clase mexicans. I like the place but I don't like the service(plastic glasses). 17-26 crowd. http://www.blueparrot.com/beach-club/

CocoBongo: A bad copy of the Cancun's one, skip. 50-75bucks for a show. http://www.cocobongo.com.mx

CocoMaya: Electronic-Trance. Not my style of music. Hot girls, they all appear to be on some kind of chemical trance so I would say it's easy to hit.

La Santanera: After 1am, dance floor and bar roof top. If you have a little bit of spanish I would be here, more Latin crowd than Anglo. http://lasantanera.com/online/home.html

Los Danzantes: Bad copy of La Santanera, cheap booze.

El Cielo: Fresa city club, bottle service, loads of mexican fresas from DF(capital), only social circle, not recommended if you don't know anyone, however, if you met a fresa chilanga at the beach and she invites you...

OM, Mushroom, Deseo, La Fe. Never been to those but all the nightlife is in the same area so you would be fine following the walking crowd, you can easily meet people drinking at night and just asking: ¿Dónde es la fiesta hoy?(Where's the party tonight?)

Difficulty: If you just want to hit, you're going to hit, open mind mestizos are easy target, foreign tourists are easy too but the fresa, bitchshield, mexican daddy girls are going to be a little harder.

Culture: Chichén Itza is like 3hours away bus ride, one of the new 7 wonders of the world. Tulum was a virgin beach(not anymore) with some maya ruins on the shore.
Plase don't buy any "mayan" artesania, most of them are chinese.

FYI: This is a fresa(mirrey):
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/...jYsMNXE%3D

They travel together, that's why is hard to isolate.

Quote: (08-14-2011 09:22 AM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

nice report, we are lacking info on Mexico on this forum, and i dig mexican girls.

Anything you notice different in the vibe of the Yucatan than the rest of mexico (assuming you went anywhere else)? More polite in southern Mex vs north Mex? I've heard that before.

That's true, in general, norteños(north) are more caucasian looking, wealthy, stuck up. It's just a different culture, if you travel to San Pedro in Monterrey, NL you're going to feel like San Antonio, TX. The north of MX is not the "real Mexico"

Sureños, are more lazy, laid back, they enjoy life, polite, much more latinos.

Of course this is a generalization, as a gringo tourist, most people are going to be glad to help you is just that your value as a foreigner in northern MX is much lower than in the south.

Quote: (08-14-2011 01:01 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

You can definitely find that there. I took care to point out I'm a young traveler and Playa is a younger, chilled spot.

Playa is popular with Mexicans, from what I could tell. But it's even more popular with Caucasian tourists - Russians, Israelis, Argentines, Scandinavians and some Americans.

I ran into a bachelorette party from DF - it was VERY hard to get a foot in, and not just because it was a bachelorette party. The attitude was more like, "if you're not part of this social group, you have no business talking to me."

But with tight game, obstacles like that can be overcome.

bars' report seems to fit my own experiences very well.

@bars

if ur throwing down mexican slang like "fresa" then u got some more intel on Mexico. Dish it out buddy.

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - rdp - 08-15-2011

Very correct info on Playa del Carmen ElJefe.

If going to Yucatan, I would easily go to Cancun as to Playa del Carmen.
Cancun has much more going on, it's bigger, more beautiful beaches, better choices of hotels/hostels/guesthouse and you will see more mexicans having fun at the beaches (the tortugas beach was always full of mexican families enjoying "missiles").
Stay out of the Zona Hotelera, this place is where all the "all-inclusive" american tourist comes for the weekend or the week. The clubs (like Coco Bong) are too expensive (50$ last time I was here), and it is not even worth it. Too crowded, and only tourists. But you would have no problem scopping girls (or elderly women traveling with girlfriends looking for young "meat" and fun) in these places.
My best advise is to stay downtown, around the bus station area. Plenty of accomondation options (any range), alot of restaurants and bars. And the best thing; you will met mexicans. And its not dangerous. Only thing you need to worry about is the police, stopping you after dark, wanting some pesos - this is specially if you are walking alone.
There is a place called "Tonys sports Bar" downtown, here it is good to met mexican chicas. Cheap booze. Big dance floor in the middle, tables around so you can sitt and talk or just enjoy. They play alot of that reaggeaton shit and mexican "ompa-ompa" music (horrible shit, but fun to watch the mexican hit the dance floor to). Of all the times I visited this place, I did not meet a single other backpacker or western traveler (they all go to the big ass clubs at Zona hotelera or stay at the guesthouse).
A tip (I can confirm this) I got from a mexican is; most mexican girls are shy, they almost feel alittle intimidated to foreginers. So you have to do the approaching. So better learn some spanish phrases. English is bad.
Around this street there is also alot of other bars and clubs, just ask. But be careful of the dirty ass prostitues hanging around the street corners in these places...some of them are "packing nuts"!
I have been to mexico three times, and I always come back to Cancun....mostly beacuse of the beaches, parties and offcourse easyness of getting girls.
As for the bringing girls to youre hotel/hostel; some will not allow this, some will just look the other way (meaning they can give you a hard time about this), but mostly it was not a problem. They might ask you pay extra for having a girl stay over! Just make sure you know what counts...you do not want to be standing in the lobby four in the morning with a girl and a hard-on arguing over this!!

-rdp

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - thegmanifesto - 03-09-2012

Anyone been here recently?

Any updated sheets?

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - Qwest - 04-29-2012

Anyone been there recently with new intel we can use?

Me and InternationalSwagger are hitting it hard this coming weekend. Knowing Mexico, its probably the same venues possibly with different names, same general pool of drunk chicks looking to get tapped.

Being Cinco De Mayo weekend (being what I consider one of the lamest holidays and not at all why we are going), I'm hoping that there is NO evidence of it there and we can just line 'em up and knock 'em down.

Updated and detailed data sheet is promised to follow.

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - Veloce - 04-29-2012

I was there in august '11, and find the OPs account to be accurate. I didn't spend as much time in PDC as he but what I experienced matches up. I suggest skipping Cancun and going straight to Tulum and PDC. If you're feeling chill, check out Isla Mujeres, really beautiful place but your options will be more limited since it's so small.

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - Qwest - 04-29-2012

Quote: (04-29-2012 04:49 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

I was there in august '11, and find the OPs account to be accurate. I didn't spend as much time in PDC as he but what I experienced matches up. I suggest skipping Cancun and going straight to Tulum and PDC. If you're feeling chill, check out Isla Mujeres, really beautiful place but your options will be more limited since it's so small.

Ok, cool. Yeah, we are only there for 3 nights and have a nice apartment at the end of 5th Ave. which should make for perfect logistics so we may not make it anywhere else in that time, we'll just play it by ear.

We may try to do some diving (into something other than purple speckled starfish) but that will entail an early morning after staying out late.

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - whoisGalt - 08-01-2012

Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Data Sheet (July 2012)

I've been aware of pickup since 2006 ("The Game" anyone?), so I'm definitely not a newb. Been reading Roosh for awhile now. I was researching out places to go for a two-week “vacation” (ie Game-fest) and found the Playa data sheet previously posted. I’d been there before and was excited that a lot of what the sheet said coincided with my own memories. It was an easy sell to my wing, and we booked two weeks in late July.

The other data sheet covered things pretty well, so I’m just going to bullet point lessons learned from my experience.

• Logistics logistics logistics: we had an apartment literally on the beach, 25m from 12th (the main nightlife stretch). That alone probably accounted for 50% of the effort for both my lays SNLs.

• My wing and I are both 6ft+, ~180 lbs with sixpacks, blond haired, blue eyed, late 20’s and good looking. This helps, particularly with Hispanic chicks on vacation. This probably accounted for 40% of the effort of my SNLs. I’d say only 10% of it was game, and even that was mostly of the logistic-solving, obstacle-avoiding, persistence variety.

• The attractive girls you want to hit on will fall into 4 main groups: Mexicans on family vacations, working girls using their freetime (either a vacation or day off), Northern European students, and backpackers. If possible, focus your attention on the young working girls (girls with jobs, not prostitutes) and backpackers. Those groups are the easiest.

• It’s incredibly rare for super hot chicks (8.5+) to travel alone. 95% of the ones we saw were with families and/or boyfriends. The rest were Northern Europeans…which meant they sucked (unless they were like 18). Plenty of opportunities in the 6-8 range though, and hands down one of the easiest pickup environments I’ve ever experienced (and I’ve traveled to 30+ countries, lived on 4 continents).

• We ran into a ton of rich Mexican girls on vacation, Argentines, and Northern Europeans. By far the Northern Euros (Norwegians and Danes) sucked the hardest. Young Mexican girls on vacation from their families can be logistical drama. If they’re really young (21 and under), there’s a good chance they’re virgins. We ended up pulling a total of 3 virgins back to our place over the course of the vacation.

• Have a phone. I repeat, HAVE A PHONE. You don’t even need a SIM card for it, as long as you have a smartphone with wifi. Your only alternative is to carry around a pen and paper, because giving a chick your info is a sure way never to hear from them again. Everyone here uses an app called WhatsApp. If you want to bang a Mexican chick, get it.

• If you’re going for 2 sets with a wing, avoid sisters. Think about it: Sally acts slutty around her friend Susy? Whatever; Sally won’t even talk to that bitch Susy after the trip is over. Family though; that’s for life. You’ve made your work far more difficult if you have to overcome a lifetime of a sister’s judgment. *Note: we did pull cousins, one of whom was one of my virgins I didn’t bang.

• Drinks in bars are not Mexican cheap. You’ve been warned.

• This might require a larger sampling, but we had much better success contacting a girl same day than waiting a day or so after getting a #/email/fb. I suspect it’s the vacation mindset, but I recommend contacting day of.

• Two best places for daygame: on the beach in front of Quinta (Avenida 5), and on Quinta itself. If you go much further north than Constitucion you run into all the “all inclusive” resort family types, and if you go much further south than McDonalds you run into the poorer (read: SpongeBob Squarepants bodies) Mexicans. If you need to choose however, go north. We did find some decent tail up there.

• Daygame Indirect Beach Opener (following the Daybang methodology): “Hey, do you know where the concert is? [wait for reply] Yah I was talking to some Mexican girl a couple nights ago and she was going on and on about a concert, but my Spanish isn’t so good. Well, and there was some alcohol involved…the concert might have been a month ago for all I know.” Then you can keep rambling about the concert or ramble about the nightlife, your choice. This opener never failed us. It worked on chicks walking on the beach and laying out on the sand. Ironically, one day there actually WAS a concert, which threw off my ramble.

• Daygame Indirect Street Opener (Daybang methodology): “hey do you know where xyz is?” xyz was either Senor Frogs or Starbucks, depending upon our relative proximity to each. It was then followed up with a (true) story about how I get my mom a souvenir when I travel and blah blah blah. Also always worked.

• Best hours to do daygame on the beach: between noon and sunset.

• Best hours to do daygame on the street: lunch and early afternoon were ok. Pre-dinner and dinnertime were best, but all the families come out around then as well and the streets are PACKED. Super rare to find a decent set between 8pm-11pm (probably because the party girls are getting ready, and the rest are staying in after dinner).

• The best/easiest way to get decent ass is to do daygame on the beach. It’s a triple bonus: if they’re party chicks, they’re WAY more likely to be into you than if you met them in the club. If they don’t go out, then you would never have met them in the club. Oh, and they’re wearing bikinis, so you know exactly what you’re getting yourself into. I hit the nightlife twice while I was in Playa, and both times I was up until 5-6am trying to pull. Compare that to spending an hour or two cruising the beach/Quinta, 20-30 min for a conversation, and then an hour or two of conversation over a beer at a quiet bar somewhere. Which sounds better to you?

• Word on the clubs: lotsa cocka. Like a shitton. So again: do daygame.

• If you’re an allergy sufferer, bring your Claritin. I got destroyed and basically didn’t do anything for 2-3 days. Funny result though: I was feeling better, so I took a walk down the beach. I saw two girls (one very thin, the other normal. And no, not American “normal”. European normal) I’d talked to before and waved. They said “ah yes you looked familiar”, to which I responded “yeah, I recognized you guys too. You’re the thin one and…um…uh…you’re the tan one”. A couple days of near isolation really kills the social lubrication.

• There are some solid restaurants a block up from Quinta (5th) on 10th. They’re also substantially cheaper.

Learn from the above. We had 3 nights in a row where we went out with girls we had met, pulled them back to the apartment and then things didn’t go down. My apathy grew like a monster, especially since the girl I’m dating back home is smoking hot. Add to that the fact the first couple chicks I banged were high 6/low 7, and I just started not caring about putting in the work. Did get my Mexican flag though.

Stats: lost track of how many girls we approached and #/fb closed. Between the two of us, we got 15 chicks back to the apartment for a total of 4 full lays (3 mine, 1 for the wing). However, my wing got 6 girls total down to panties or less (including an 8.5 and a 9), while my number was 4 total (and one of those was a virgin). ¾ of the bangs were same day (both my SNLs were 30 min or less). I personally same-day pulled 2 chicks who were down to make out and mess around…but turned out to be virgins. WTF.

Bottom Line: It’s a vacation spot. Just like anywhere, the 8.5+ chicks are hard to find and rarely available, but there are plenty of 6/7 chicks down to bang. If you’re into racking up numbers and/or getting flags, this is a great spot to be.

And do DAYGAME.

Note: Attached is a map giving you a breakdown of Playa (well...I'm trying to insert it as an attachment at least)
[Image: attachment.jpg7033]   

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - Gunner - 08-01-2012

What clubs did you go?

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - reaper23 - 08-01-2012

http://www.designhotels.com/basico

This is where I stayed when I was there. Awesome easy going vibe. high end clientele. Its a world famous boutique hotel that is absolutely bad ass. Bartender got us a bunch of weed. Steady stream of girls coming through the bar areas. And it was located right in the middle of everything.

That said, I dont have much more intel than that because I was in a big group and was married at the time.

The hotel is the bomb and highly recommended. reasonable as well. like $150/night.

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - whoisGalt - 08-20-2012

Quote: (08-01-2012 01:34 PM)bars Wrote:  

What clubs did you go?

If you get on 12th, you can walk to every single club within 2 minutes. They're all literally right there. Just show up and pick which one seems best to you.

That being said, I hit Mandala (open air bar on the corner that is always packed). Coco Maya is better late night. Blue Parrot seemed hit or miss. All the decent places have cover, which is annoying. I really couldn't tell you the name of any other bars because we purchased a 3 liter bottle of tequilla our first day there...

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - Wayout - 08-21-2012

Fantastic report whoisGalt!

Can you clarify what was the cocaine problem in the clubs? Isn't that a social lubricant and makes it easier to pull? I don't know,that's what I would think.
How was the ratio in the clubs and on the streets in general? Cancun was a total sausage fest everywhere I went!

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - germanico - 08-21-2012

Quote: (08-01-2012 10:29 AM)whoisGalt Wrote:  

Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Data Sheet (July 2012)

• Daygame Indirect Beach Opener (following the Daybang methodology): “Hey, do you know where the concert is? [wait for reply] Yah I was talking to some Mexican girl a couple nights ago and she was going on and on about a concert, but my Spanish isn’t so good. Well, and there was some alcohol involved…the concert might have been a month ago for all I know.” Then you can keep rambling about the concert or ramble about the nightlife, your choice. This opener never failed us. It worked on chicks walking on the beach and laying out on the sand. Ironically, one day there actually WAS a concert, which threw off my ramble.

Your opening line is genius. Might try it out.

Based on your map, Playa del Carmen is not a place I would visit.

A few years back, Playa del Carmen was the place where mexicans would go to avoid Cancun, that is, to enjoy the mexican beaches without the drunk gringos. From what I read, real state development has caught up.

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - thegmanifesto - 02-26-2013

Anyone been in March?

Any pitfalls to go during that time?

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - gsinplaya - 02-26-2013

Quote: (02-26-2013 06:00 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Anyone been in March?

March is a good time to visit. The only time of year I don't recommend to people is during the BPM Festival in January.

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - thegmanifesto - 02-26-2013

Quote: (02-26-2013 08:29 PM)gsinplaya Wrote:  

Anyone been in March?

March is a good time to visit. The only time of year I don't recommend to people is during the BPM Festival in January.

Does it get lame and "American Spring Breaky" though?

Playa del Carmen Data Sheet - gsinplaya - 02-26-2013

Quote: (02-26-2013 09:00 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (02-26-2013 08:29 PM)gsinplaya Wrote:  

Anyone been in March?

Does it get lame and "American Spring Breaky" though?

Normally spring Break Crowd goes to Cancun and very few end up in PDC.

The only noticeable change is maybe a few more scandanavians than usual.