Roosh V Forum
Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? (/thread-58296.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Killarmy - 09-16-2016

Hello guys !

I am already in Latin America for 2/3 years now and have been most of the time on Argentina and Colombia. Damn, I loved my life in these two, especially the latest, and got to say I never been so successful with ''chicas'' than there. Before going back to Colombia in November, I have settled for a new experiences and ''signed-up'' for 3 months in Rio de Janeiro, until 1st November. So far, I am REALLY regretting having done so if we speak about the women. Probably it doesn't help that I don't really speak Portuguese (while I speak almost perfect Spanish) but well..

Internet game seem horrible, 99% of the girls are flakey as fuck, in the contrary of Colombia/Argentina, it doesn't seem like an advantage to be 32y old, etc. etc. etc. I tried to look up for information's in the forum but god, to my biggest surprise, there is almost nothing about RIO, or pretty old information.

So please... Would any of you be nice enough to:
- Give me some online game advice ?
- Most important: Where to go in the city for ALONE day game and especially, where to go in the city by night ALONE and meet easily people (not especially only girls but at least groups with girls) Places with girls eager to meet people talking french or/and english ? Aren't there ''parties'' organized for language exchange or something ?
I insist about a place good to go alone since, for example, there are a lot of bars where only big groups of people go and it's really not motivating to go alone.
- Well, last but not least, if any one is in Rio at the moment, would be cool to meet ... I find it not so easy to meet people here.

Cheers !

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Killarmy - 09-17-2016

1436 views but no comments ? Damn lol.. I guess this tells a lot.

Went out again yesterday, to Lapa area.. A fun night but god, almost all the girls I tried to speak to, in a way that worked very well always in any other Latin American country... was a total waste of time again yesterday. Most Carioca (from Rio) seem to give absolutely no fuck about you (Well, it's so full of foreigners for ages and ages... I guess this explains a lot), it's pretty sick. The only very nice contact I had yesterday were 3 girls from another State (Minas Gerais) ..
I should never have stayed here after the Olympics .... :/
Avoid Rio at all prices if interested about the women side of things, that's my #1 advice. If I could go back to the past, I would 100% go in Belo Horizonte or a city like Porto Alegre, where your foreigner status is appreciated.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - LINUX - 09-17-2016

I only have a phone to type so bear with me here.

I don't use tinder anymore but for your situation , you should.

Rio is very simple man. I don't know why you are having trouble.

Delete your tinder , create a new Facebook, create a new tinder. Use auto like

You should get well over 1000 matches. Rio is the easiest city in the world for tinder. Write the girls everyday and say the same thing, " beach today ? what post are you going to be at "

Go post to post in ipanema and Leblon meeting the girls. Don't do any dates apart from this. . After a few minutes take them back to your apartment. Tonight hit up Bar Bukowski

If you still can't get laid after this , the problem is your attraction. You may want to consider hitting the gym or getting better photos. Don't waste time on Brasil cupid.

Good luck and stay safe. Post olympics isn't an excuse , I cleaned up there after the World Cup and mid September is a good time for Rio

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - superschalk - 09-17-2016

For me Rio was hundred times better than Colombia. Much better scenery and way better girls. The last time I was there was two years ago so my advice might be outdated but back then the best place to go out for me was a bar called Emporio 37 in Ipanema. The whole street there has some cool bars and people hanging around outside. Very easy to chat up girls and while some people might say that Ipanema and Leblon girls are snobbish many of them speak decent English. What I also liked about Rio is the fact that girls usually chatted me up. There are quite a few pros hanging out at this bar but overall that place was always busy from Wednesday till Saturday. The place has quite a few pros but there are plenty of normal girls too.

Another cool thing to do is going to favella funk parties on Sunday night. Hostels are organizing a guided tour including transportation. I always had a blast at these parties.

I am planning going back to Rio in January. Only problem is that apartments on Airbnb in Leblon or Ipanema are horrible expensive. If I may ask in which area are you staying and how much are you paying? And what are the general prices at the moment? For example whats the price for a beer in a bar?

As I pointed out, the very same logics/game/tinder profile/etc I have been using VERY well in Colombia and Argentina (supposed to be very difficult..) seem to completely fail here.
More than 1000 tinder matches ? Well, there must be something wrong with me then, I don't know. I get less matches here than anywhere else in Latam.
''What beach you go, etc. ?''. I like the idea. But I have been matching like 30 girls and all of them seem are either working or studying in the week. ''Only the weekend please''. Makes things not that easy.

You make it looks like this city is a complete dream but please let me have doubts even though I really appreciate your advices. I have personally very big doubts about the city of Latin America with most tourists in the history of human-mankind can be a ''dream-roosh-destination''.
And I won't say again the flakey level/last minute excuse which seems huge here.
And, the little information/interest shown by the community in general about Rio must come from somewhere IMHO.

That said, once again, thanks for the advices. Will probably hit Bar Bukowski tonight. If you have other places to advice, let me know. I am not giving-up for sure.
And actually, regarding night-game, I have been mostly hanging-out in Lapa, which might explains some ''fails'' I experienced, which wouldn't happen in other neighborhoods.

Cheers

Quote: (09-17-2016 12:24 PM)superschalk Wrote:  

For me Rio was hundred times better than Colombia. Much better scenery and way better girls. The last time I was there was two years ago so my advice might be outdated but back then the best place to go out for me was a bar called Emporio 37 in Ipanema. The whole street there has some cool bars and people hanging around outside. Very easy to chat up girls and while some people might say that Ipanema and Leblon girls are snobbish many of them speak decent English. What I also liked about Rio is the fact that girls usually chatted me up. There are quite a few pros hanging out at this bar but overall that place was always busy from Wednesday till Saturday. The place has quite a few pros but there are plenty of normal girls too.

Another cool thing to do is going to favella funk parties on Sunday night. Hostels are organizing a guided tour including transportation. I always had a blast at these parties.

I am planning going back to Rio in January. Only problem is that apartments on Airbnb in Leblon or Ipanema are horrible expensive. If I may ask in which area are you staying and how much are you paying? And what are the general prices at the moment? For example whats the price for a beer in a bar?

Hey mate !

Damn, I personally I wish I was doing half as good as I did (especially after you left though) in Medellin in Rio. I am back in Medellin pretty long term in November though.

Will check the places you mentioned as well (Emporio 37). As for the brazilian funk parties, would probably love this. Can you give one hostel name that is organizing these?

As for where I am living: Renting a very nice little studio with a stunning view (The Christ) in Centro. That neighborood as a bad reputation but it's not true at all, actually, all the rich South-Zone barrios are much more dangerous. No criminals think about doing their stuff in Centro because there are almost no foreigners. But the food is nice and cheap, people are pretty cool and regarding the price: I managed to have this place for 7 weeks for 750 euros all included. But I was given a good price after negotiating. Price @ Airbnb was more than 1000 euros for the same amount of time. My advice: if staying more than 4/5 weeks, the Airbnb users are almost always willing to charge 20/30/40% less than what you will be given in the website. Give it a chance.

Yesterday Caipirinha @ Lapa bar/night club: 22R$
A good beer (Bohemia) (600ml): 12R$

Funny story though.. They give you cards at the entrance that the barmen check when you order something. And when you get out, you give the card and you pay what you owe to the bar.
Yesterday, I was 100% sure that I was not given a card at the entrance so they gave me one later, where I checked for like 100R$ of drinks. When I went to pay .. I realized I actually had 2 cards. I gave the one that I did not use and went out of the bar without paying like what the fuck.
Not so proud of that one but it's a pretty easy trick though... (Not to repeat at the same places over and over again for sure!)

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Bateman - 08-18-2017

I need some accommodation advice in Rio and this seemed to be the most relevant thread.

Im spending 8 days in Rio in October. I´ve booked a hostel for the first two nights in Leblon, just to meet some people to hang out with. My plan is to have as much fun as possible, meet girls and experience the diversity of Rio.

I understood that Leblon and Ipanema are the more upper-class neighbourhoods, with probably the highest percentage of English speaking girls. This is relevant for me, since I don´t speak Spanish or Portuguese. No sure if it´s relevant, but Im mid 20s and Scandinavian looking.

Non the less, I don’t want to visit Rio ending up spending all my time in the same area. For the remaining 6 days, Im renting airbnb so the question is where should I stay. Proximity to the beach, bang logistics and lively areas are my first priority, willing to sacrifice on security and/or cost.

Im arriving on a Monday in Leblon, and leaving Tuesday the next week. For instance, I can Imagine that some areas are better on for instance Thursdays, and others during the weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Smooth Operator - 08-18-2017

Quote: (08-18-2017 11:55 AM)Bateman Wrote:  

I need some accommodation advice in Rio and this seemed to be the most relevant thread.

Im spending 8 days in Rio in October. I´ve booked a hostel for the first two nights in Leblon, just to meet some people to hang out with. My plan is to have as much fun as possible, meet girls and experience the diversity of Rio.

I understood that Leblon and Ipanema are the more upper-class neighbourhoods, with probably the highest percentage of English speaking girls. This is relevant for me, since I don´t speak Spanish or Portuguese. No sure if it´s relevant, but Im mid 20s and Scandinavian looking.

Non the less, I don’t want to visit Rio ending up spending all my time in the same area. For the remaining 6 days, Im renting airbnb so the question is where should I stay. Proximity to the beach, bang logistics and lively areas are my first priority, willing to sacrifice on security and/or cost.

Im arriving on a Monday in Leblon, and leaving Tuesday the next week. For instance, I can Imagine that some areas are better on for instance Thursdays, and others during the weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Leblon and Ipanema are good areas the stay in. They are good place to be based. Wherever you go out at night, it's easy to get there by uber.

Better rent an airbnb instead of a hostel. Hostels can cockblock you if you bring girls there.

You still have about 1,5 months to learn Portuguese, do it. No excuses.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Bateman - 08-18-2017

Quote: (08-18-2017 12:39 PM)Smooth Operator Wrote:  

You still have about 1,5 months to learn Portuguese, do it. No excuses.

Absolutely true. Will learn the basics, memrise is quite good for fast basic progression.
It´s pretty stupid not putting in an effort on the language training.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Mr.Carry - 08-18-2017

Quote: (09-16-2016 03:50 PM)Killarmy Wrote:  

Hello guys !

I am already in Latin America for 2/3 years now and have been most of the time on Argentina and Colombia. Damn, I loved my life in these two, especially the latest, and got to say I never been so successful with ''chicas'' than there. Before going back to Colombia in November, I have settled for a new experiences and ''signed-up'' for 3 months in Rio de Janeiro, until 1st November. So far, I am REALLY regretting having done so if we speak about the women. Probably it doesn't help that I don't really speak Portuguese (while I speak almost perfect Spanish) but well..

Internet game seem horrible, 99% of the girls are flakey as fuck, in the contrary of Colombia/Argentina, it doesn't seem like an advantage to be 32y old, etc. etc. etc. I tried to look up for information's in the forum but god, to my biggest surprise, there is almost nothing about RIO, or pretty old information.

- Most important: Where to go in the city for ALONE day game and especially, where to go in the city by night ALONE and meet easily people (not especially only girls but at least groups with girls) Places with girls eager to meet people talking french or/and english ? Aren't there ''parties'' organized for language exchange or something ?
I insist about a place good to go alone since, for example, there are a lot of bars where only big groups of people go and it's really not motivating to go alone.
- Well, last but not least, if any one is in Rio at the moment, would be cool to meet ... I find it not so easy to meet people here.

Cheers !

1. Online game is over here. Don't even bother.

2. Day game ? In Rio ? Veeery diffucult. People are too afraid to being stopped at streets. The city is living a hidden "civil war" atm. Lots of crimes happening. I'd suggest to not be doing this: ur chances of getting robbed is too high. Try to have a look on the Couchsurfing website.

3. I have no idea. I think cariocas are too attached to their group. We barely see an outsider breaking through a group and doing well. I would try Lapa and some places near to university like "Baixo Gávea" or "Praça da Canteira" in Niterói on Thursdays.

I suggest you to have strength and patience cuz most people here doesn't speak english and they can't be bothered.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Mr.Carry - 08-18-2017

Quote: (08-18-2017 11:55 AM)Bateman Wrote:  

Thanks in advance.

I'd suggest you to stay where you really want. If you like to go to the beach stay near one. Just don't book anything in the Barra or Recreio area. Far as fuck from everything.

About bang logistics don't worry. You WILL get an uber/taxi. Hanging around Rio during the night doesn't seems like a good idea. I'd suggest you to get a cab/uber even thou ur apartment is like 500m away.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Travel Museums - 09-08-2017

I've found the touristy areas of Rio to be safe. But there are dangerous areas! Several days ago in Rio state I witnessed a man die. Today was almost killed myself.

I was filming the kids surfing the escorrega at Cachoeira Penha in Paraty. A carioca tourist (black guy) tried and smacked his head. We tried CPR but couldn't save him. If you go there slide on your ass. Those little kids practice for years and make it look easy. It's not. I fell twice and that was enough for me. I had a photos of the dead body and the guy being shocked by the medics. This may have saved my life today. I was asked what this was by the gang leader.

Today I had a gun pulled on me at a viewpoint near a favela. Inadvertently recorded drug dealers. Reacted defensively. Situation escalated. I became outnumbered quickly. Respectfully surrendered my possessions.

Had some back and forth with the leader. He was amused at my reaction and curious.. He flipped through my entire camera roll. Ran my ID over his walky, looked at all my social media, scanned every whatsapp message. He asked me questions which I didn't understand. Last time I was in a situation like this was as a kid in NY. Same rules apply. I remained calm and communicated purpose and respect.

I had a few girls messaging me in both English and Portuguese while all this was going on. He let me answer them and read the responses. Strange. Suprisingly everything was returned to me, including the several hundred dollars in my wallet. I was shown where I could record from and allowed to make another video after they were sure the first had been deleted along with photos.

Everyone tells me this is extremely unusual. That in most cases I'd be dead or at least robbed. Out of respect I'm not going to say where this happened but it was near very touristy areas. The view wasn't worth it. I shocked myself at remaining calm in the situation. Playing it over now in my head I'm almost sick thinking about how different the outcome could have been.

Save yourself the hassle and stick to Cristo and Sugarloaf. Theres a few other viewpoints you can taxi to. Later my date showed me a much better viewpoint in Botofago mall's foodcourt. If you really want something special I guess do the helicopter. Just steer clear of the favelas, guys. This shit was scary.

Oh and golden touchdown achieved. And two in one day for day two today. Quality mediocre.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Jagnum - 09-09-2017

That's crazy Travel Museums. Glad you made it out okay.

As for the OP learning the language, I went to Brazil in 2013...long before I started game.

I was working a 60-hour a week job, and so I didn't have a lot of time, but I got a bootleg copy of Rosetta stone, and worked for maybe 5 hours a week on it for a month before going. So 20 hours in total.

By the end of 10 days in Brazil - I felt reasonably confident in my Portuguese, enough to have a conversation with total strangers on the street. I remember asking one woman if I could take a photo of her in Portuguese.

If you already know Spanish, it isn't that hard to learn Portuguese, especially if you're fully immersed in Brazil right now.

The other piece of advice is to make flashcards where you write sentences you'd normally say in Spanish/English when on a date or approaching. On the back, write and practice the Portuguese translation for that phrase.

But yes, I agree Belo Horizonte or Porto Alegre you could rely on your foreigner status more. You being a foreigner in Rio isn't that exotic. If that's your linchpin for your game, well, you aren't going to stand out.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - scrambled - 09-09-2017

^ why is online app dating dying? Was it just a fad, or did the uglies take it over? What replaced it?

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Mr.Carry - 09-10-2017

Quote: (09-08-2017 09:09 PM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

I've found the touristy areas of Rio to be safe. But there are dangerous areas! Several days ago in Rio state I witnessed a man die. Today was almost killed myself.

I was filming the kids surfing the escorrega at Cachoeira Penha in Paraty. A carioca tourist (black guy) tried and smacked his head. We tried CPR but couldn't save him. If you go there slide on your ass. Those little kids practice for years and make it look easy. It's not. I fell twice and that was enough for me. I had a photos of the dead body and the guy being shocked by the medics. This may have saved my life today. I was asked what this was by the gang leader.

Today I had a gun pulled on me at a viewpoint near a favela. Inadvertently recorded drug dealers. Reacted defensively. Situation escalated. I became outnumbered quickly. Respectfully surrendered my possessions.

Had some back and forth with the leader. He was amused at my reaction and curious.. He flipped through my entire camera roll. Ran my ID over his walky, looked at all my social media, scanned every whatsapp message. He asked me questions which I didn't understand. Last time I was in a situation like this was as a kid in NY. Same rules apply. I remained calm and communicated purpose and respect.

I had a few girls messaging me in both English and Portuguese while all this was going on. He let me answer them and read the responses. Strange. Suprisingly everything was returned to me, including the several hundred dollars in my wallet. I was shown where I could record from and allowed to make another video after they were sure the first had been deleted along with photos.

Everyone tells me this is extremely unusual. That in most cases I'd be dead or at least robbed. Out of respect I'm not going to say where this happened but it was near very touristy areas. The view wasn't worth it. I shocked myself at remaining calm in the situation. Playing it over now in my head I'm almost sick thinking about how different the outcome could have been.

Save yourself the hassle and stick to Cristo and Sugarloaf. Theres a few other viewpoints you can taxi to. Later my date showed me a much better viewpoint in Botofago mall's foodcourt. If you really want something special I guess do the helicopter. Just steer clear of the favelas, guys. This shit was scary.

Oh and golden touchdown achieved. And two in one day for day two today. Quality mediocre.

U have balls.

I'd never go to a favela here. Never.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Travel Museums - 09-10-2017

Tinder is mostly ugly overweight women in Brazil.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Justvibe - 10-15-2017

Planning on heading to Brazil in December, been learning the Portuguese basics online on my Duolingo app .

Any advice for me fellas ? I'm a black guy from Miami . Planning on staying in Rio for a total of 5 days , near the beach .

The other 5 not so sure yet , I've been hearing that Sao Paolo is more of a working city

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Travel Museums - 10-15-2017

Too hot already in São Paulo and Rio. Go to the south.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - NextStop100 - 10-15-2017

Not sure why Tinder in Brazil gets hate on here. Thought the girls were pretty attractive. Only issue was the high level of flakes

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Justvibe - 10-15-2017

Where would you recommend? I met this chick a while back . She's staying in Curitiba . Not sure where else would you recommend?

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Titus - 10-16-2017

Quote: (10-15-2017 10:48 AM)Justvibe Wrote:  

Planning on heading to Brazil in December, been learning the Portuguese basics online on my Duolingo app .

Any advice for me fellas ? I'm a black guy from Miami . Planning on staying in Rio for a total of 5 days , near the beach .

The other 5 not so sure yet , I've been hearing that Sao Paolo is more of a working city

Could you please provide more details about yourself and/or preferences?

Some general tips about Rio:

1) Best beaches to go are Ipanema and Leblon. Fewer tourists and much safer than Copacabana. Beautiful local girls and wonderful landscape (http://imaginariodejaneiro.com/wp-conten...lon2.jpg).

2) Copacabana, although been the most famous beach in Rio, SUCKS. Basically, packed with horny tourists, people selling things, pros and thieves. Worst place to chill. Actually, very dangerous (both the beach itself and the neighborhood).

3) Best neighboorhoods to look for a place to stay are Ipanema, Lagoa or Leblon. If you want something cheaper, look for Botafogo, Flamengo, Humaitá or Leme. As it will be summer, hotels may have fewer rooms or be very expensive, so looking for apartments in Airbnb or Couchsurfing should be better options.

4) Rio in December has a very good party vibe, as it´s hot, sunny and packed with tourists from other parts of Brazil (lots of people get vacation in this month). Although daygame is almost inexistent in Rio during most of the year, during summertime you can hit girls in beaches or in bars (as people start drinking very early during those days).

5) Don´t go to clubs in the Southern Area of the city. They are extremely expensive and very hard to game. Basically, full of bitchy young upper class girls who are opened to social circle.

6) Nightgame is the real deal. Places to go:
- Bars in Baixo Botafogo, Baixo Leblon and Baixo Gavea: They´re basically streets full of nice bars in those neighborhoods. They get packed everyday, with lots of small group of girls to open set. You can go there for nightgame, for afterbeach chill or a prenight spot.
- Clubs in Lapa: Although Lapa itself is a neighborhood you need to be aware (similar to Copacabana, tourist, street sellers, pros and thieves), the samba clubs there are very good to game, even if you don´t know shit about dancing (samba usually is not danced in couples). Try Lapa 40 graus or the smaller ones, such as Carioca da Gema. Also, there´s a nice hip hop scene there. Don´t know the name of the clubs (as a usually don´t go) but whenever there are concerts, they´re in a place called Fundicao Progresso, also in Lapa. You may do fine being an african american there, if you´re into it.
- Parties: During summer, there are some nice parties in downtown or in the Southern Area. They´re expensive, but upper class girls get drunker and more aproachable (not attached to social circle) in those events than in the high end clubs.

7) I´d say that the first impression you give is the most important thing in Rio regarding gaming girls:
- Try to look as the locals (basic jeans and T shirt). Dressing too sharp or too lazy will give you the "horny gringo" tag that you need to avoid at all costs.
- Wear a nice cologne, smelling fine is very important in Rio.
- Being athletic and musculous will be killing, especially for a black guy.
- Be very flirty. Eye contact is a REAL indicator if the firls in into you or not.
- Always try to open girls in a creative and funny way. Try to say something clever related to the situation or about her. Saying standard silly things such as "Hi, you´re pretty" or "Hi, what´s your name", won´t work.

Some general tips about Brazil (for the other 5 days):

1) December is hot as hell all over the country. People like that and even take vacation to travel to the hottest areas, such as Rio and Northeast. So avoid the coldest areas (such as Curitiba), because they´ll be hot anyway and empty.

2) If you want a pussy paradise, try the Northeast. Girls are very opened to gringos there. During some days in December there´s a festival in Natal that is very similar to Carnival, you can easily get new notches daily and party a lot: http://www.carnatal.com.br/

3) If you want to chill in beautiful beaches, you can go to Rio de Janeiro state coastal towns, such as Angra dos Reis, Paraty, Buzios, Arraial do Cabo... just check in google, very beautiful and 1 to 2 hours by car from Rio.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Travel Museums - 10-21-2017

On my way to the airport after 4 months. Hit most of SP state and pretty much all of Rio.

Itatiaia National Park is worth a visit. Particularly the north area on the Rio Preto River bordering Minas Gerias. Getting up to Maromba for The Weekend is worthwhile. Some great waterfalls for jumping and sliding. The south entrance is OK with some Ok waterfalls and swimming holes and a few longer hikes. If you hire a guide the north section off the 4wd road has some good peaks.

I also tried Vassouras which you really need a car for. The old coffee fazendas are ok but not worth the effort. I had a girl driving too and I’m still thinking wasn’t worth it. Would rather have had the extra time in Itatiaia.

The Lagoa Region is overrated. Particularly Buzios. Though maybe in summer weekends it has better nightlife. I think it’s holding on to a bygone Beach glamour like copacabana. Better off staying in Cabo Frio and busing over to there and Arraial.

Ilha Grande is so so. I was bored even though I got laid twice in four days. Ilhabela in SP is much better especially in summer I’d think. Though the mosquitos will destroy you from what I’ve heard.

Man I stand by my earlier statement about the heat. Unless you’re coming for carnaval I just can’t get why you’d but up with Brazilian Summer. That’s the time to be on easy street mopping it up in SEA. You’re nuts coming here anytime but June-Sept

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - Travel Museums - 10-21-2017

Though if you do come in Brazilian summer report what the surf is like in Ubatuba. I thought it was pretty decent in August.

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - CrackerDaddy - 10-21-2017

Well.....wish I could help you; but, I'm arriving there in two weeks for my first visit there. Wish you weren't already going to be gone; otherwise, we could meet up.

Having said that, when I made the decision to travel to Brazil back in July, the first thing I did was join BrazilCupid. I've gotten lots of play there.....especially once I booked my plane tickets on 10/1 and booked my apartment the week after. As it stands, it looks like I have at least two women who are wanting to meet me at the airport when I arrive. I have 5 pearls solidly on the string now and others that I'm working.

One thing that all of the Brasileras seem to like is that I am learning Portuguese and not afraid to use it when I chat with them. I have been using Pimsleur and am currently finishing level 2. By the time I arrive, I should be halfway through level 3. If I may venture a guess, maybe the reason you aren't having the same success you did in Argentina and Colombia is not speaking Portuguese? Just my $.02.

I am a 56 yo white dude from the states....assuming you are younger. The women I am currently working run from late 20's to early 50's......none of them are ugly in their photos or on Skype/WhatsApp video-chat. Maybe the younger 20's are harder to crack/more flaky? I guess I'll find out when I arrive and start venturing out.

I'll be there for 4 weeks in an apartment in Copacabana very near Posto 3. Again, wish our trip times coincided to some and I wish the best when you go back to Colombia.

I'll post a follow-up to this thread when I get there and let you and the others know how it's going. Tschau!

Quote: (09-16-2016 03:50 PM)Killarmy Wrote:  

Hello guys !

Cheers !

Rio (Brazil) -> Advices ? - CrackerDaddy - 10-21-2017

The esteemed James Maverick of Maverick Traveler spent a couple of years in Rio and had this advice about the women there. To paraphrase, there are two types of women in Rio: those that speak English and know foreigners.......have traveled to the US/Europe....and those that don't speak English and don't have any contact with foreigners.

According to him, the ones who don't have any exposure to the world outside Brazil ignore us because we are dirty sex-tourists and we are basically invisible to them. The ones who will see us are the ones who have traveled or at least desire to travel and see the world outside of Brazil.

Maybe you should aim for more of the upper class girls in Impanema/Leblon? Maybe around the university. Two of my pearls now (32 yo and 52 yo) are taking English lessons at he university. Play up your English-speaking, foreigner cred there.

Just my $.02 FWIW. Best of luck to you!

Quote: (09-17-2016 11:08 AM)Killarmy Wrote:  

1436 views but no comments ? Damn lol.. I guess this tells a lot.

Went out again yesterday, to Lapa area.. A fun night but god, almost all the girls I tried to speak to, in a way that worked very well always in any other Latin American country... was a total waste of time again yesterday. Most Carioca (from Rio) seem to give absolutely no fuck about you (Well, it's so full of foreigners for ages and ages... I guess this explains a lot), it's pretty sick. The only very nice contact I had yesterday were 3 girls from another State (Minas Gerais) ..
I should never have stayed here after the Olympics .... :/
Avoid Rio at all prices if interested about the women side of things, that's my #1 advice. If I could go back to the past, I would 100% go in Belo Horizonte or a city like Porto Alegre, where your foreigner status is appreciated.