Roosh V Forum
Is the NFL racist? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Is the NFL racist? (/thread-58143.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is the NFL racist? - SoloEastWood - 09-09-2016

I would say there is a real agenda being pushed by ESPN and Sportscenter.

Everytime I turn on Sportscenter there is some talk of the Colin Kaepernick situation. Everyday, every segment, of every new show of Sportscenter they are drilling this into the minds of their viewers. They update each time there is another player taking a knee in protest during the national anthem. They highlighted the Hockey coach of the USA national team for his comments saying he would sit any player for the game if they refused to stand for the National Anthem.

They talked about the anonymous NFL executives who are most likey "white" that said they wouldn't want Kaepernick anywhere near their team.

Now today, after Cam Newton took a beating in last nights game and was kept in the game, Sportscenter seems to me implying that the NFL and it's referees aren't treating Cam Newton equally. That the elite, white, QB's would have gotten those calls for lesser hits. They might as well come out and say that the NFL is racist because most owners, executives and league officials are white and they are treating players of color unfairly.

I know ESPN is owned by Disney so it's not hard to believe that they are trying to further fuel the racial tension in our society.

Is the NFL racist? - MMX2010 - 09-09-2016

Which anchors specifically mentioned race as a reason that Cam didn't get calls? I watched the Scott Van Pelt SportsCenter immediately after the Broncos won, and they (Scott and two Black anchors) suggested Cam's large size plus his "Superman" nickname causes referees to miss calls. But they said nothing about race.

Quote: (09-09-2016 11:09 AM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

Which anchors specifically mentioned race as a reason that Cam didn't get calls? I watched the Scott Van Pelt SportsCenter immediately after the Broncos won, and they (Scott and two Black anchors) suggested Cam's large size plus his "Superman" nickname causes referees to miss calls. But they said nothing about race.

There was an interesting exchange between Tim Hasselbeck and Carrie Champion(the black lady)

Her and Louis Riddick (also black) were talking about how elite QB's usually get calls that are ticky tacky (specifically mentioned all white QBs - Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Manning). They said that if Cam is Elite then he should be getting these same calls that other Qb's get but it seems like he is not being treating equally.

Then they ask Tim Hasselbeck's opinion and he said he doesn't think that is the case. He doesn't think that Ref's are meeting before games and discussing how to call more in favor of these QB's.

It pans over to Carrie, who looks pissed that he didn't go a long with the narrative and she kind of scolds him. I don't know if you can find it but it was a very weird exchange.

I know who Carrie Champion is, and that sounds like something she would instigate.

Is the NFL racist? - AboveAverageJoe - 09-09-2016

Ever heard of Marge Schott?

Quote: (09-09-2016 11:22 AM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

I know who Carrie Champion is, and that sounds like something she would instigate.

If I were to view the interaction using my Liberal College Education which included Minority Relations and Gender Studies classes, I would say that Hasselbeck was trying to "Whitesplain" the situation and Carrie looked at him as if she was offended and that he wasn't allowed to have his viewpoint because he is white and has privilege and he doesn't know what it's like to be treated unjustly.

However, I recognize how this is bullshit and just apart of the brainwashing that our Academia has put in place.

I just can imagine all of the people who aren't red-pilled, eating this shit up and adding to their Liberal Bias. I can also imagine all the minorities using this as reinforcement to push social inequalities. People always talk about how there are social injustices and how people have the right to protest however they wish. But there is never any solutions offered or any evidence besides police brutality? Yet, they still continue to regurgitate the same rhetoric each and every day, constantly trying to divide us. When a white person says that they don't think social inequality is as prevalent anymore, these people will say that their opinion is where the problem starts.

It's a lose-lose situation and there is no one offering real solutions.

Is the NFL racist? - DamienCasanova - 09-09-2016

Fuck the NFL & ESPN. After seeing players on the 49ers, Broncos, Seahawks etc decide to sit or kneel for the National Anthem and not be reprimanded or suspended, i'm taking my business elsewhere. There will probably be traitorous assholes on every team doing it by the end of the season now thanks to ESPN gaslighting the situation. I'd rather watch sports like NCAA football, Soccer, MMA, Hockey, Baseball, Rugby or any other sport that doesn't tolerate, participate in or support this Anti-American propaganda anymore. And i'm sure as more sports get behind the SJW agenda in the near future, my viewing will be decreased and replaced with more reading, writing, music playing and exercise.

Is the NFL racist? - MY DETROIT PLAYAS - 09-09-2016

Exiting Thread
[Image: me-leaving-work-on-a-friday_o_564297.gif]

SoloEastWood,

I would interpret the exchange as the not-smart, rather pretty, SJW-for-life Carrie Champion trying to manufacture drama between the White Tim Hasselbeck and the Black Louis Riddick. (Louis Riddick was one of the anchors last night who suggested that Cam doesn't get any calls because he's so big.) When no drama ensued, Carrie got mad.

If you want to troll your liberal friends, tell a nice story about how unhappy Carrie must be because she's so beautiful, but has no children despite being 35. "I'm not saying that I think her life is a waste, but I am saying I wouldn't be surprised if she thinks it is."

Quote: (09-09-2016 11:38 AM)DamienCasanova Wrote:  

Fuck the NFL & ESPN. After seeing players on the 49ers, Broncos, Seahawks etc decide to sit or kneel for the National Anthem and not be reprimanded or suspended, i'm taking my business elsewhere. There will probably be traitorous assholes on every team doing it by the end of the season now thanks to ESPN gaslighting the situation. I'd rather watch sports like NCAA football, Soccer, MMA, Hockey, Baseball, Rugby or any other sport that doesn't tolerate, participate in or support this Anti-American propaganda anymore. And i'm sure as more sports get behind the SJW agenda in the near future, my viewing will be decreased and replaced with more reading, writing, music playing and exercise.

I'll continue to watch because I like to see how they continue to push their blatant agenda as the time passes. It does upset me but I know a majority of Americans don't buy this bullshit at all and they are being silenced by this Liberal, SJW, PC crap. It all goes hand in hand with Trump and the silent majority. A lot of people are being quiet about their support for Trump but I believe when the election comes, barring any tampering, Trump will win in a Landslide.

Quote: (09-09-2016 11:53 AM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

SoloEastWood,

I would interpret the exchange as the not-smart, rather pretty, SJW-for-life Carrie Champion trying to manufacture drama between the White Tim Hasselbeck and the Black Louis Riddick. (Louis Riddick was one of the anchors last night who suggested that Cam doesn't get any calls because he's so big.) When no drama ensued, Carrie got mad.

If you want to troll your liberal friends, tell a nice story about how unhappy Carrie must be because she's so beautiful, but has no children despite being 35. "I'm not saying that I think her life is a waste, but I am saying I wouldn't be surprised if she thinks it is."

I did watch Van Pelt last night and I agreed with what he and then Louis Riddick said. You know that as soon as the producers had time to start thinking about where they wanted to conversation to go, they had to tie it to social inequality.

If the Panthers would have made the game winning field goal, I believe the conversation would have been more about Cam's late game heroics than how he may be treated unfairly.

Cam is a different type of QB. His size, speed and style of play cannot be compared to any other QB in the game. The guy has designed power running plays implemented in his offense. I don't think a guy like Brady or Rodgers would put themselves in the same position to get hit the way Cam does. They would either get rid of the ball quicker or try and protect their bodies (the way Peyton Manning and Brady sometimes fall down before getting sacked). Newton doesn't do that because there are few defenders on the field that are bigger than him.

Is the NFL racist? - NewDayNewFace - 09-09-2016

I've never seen so many helmet to helmet hits on a qb ever. If it was Peyton or Drew Brees they would have got that call every single time.

For me it's a bad decision for Colin to sit out of the anthem. He isn't even a star player and to bring so much attention to him isn't the best for his NFL career. But for people to say he is unpatriotic I think is unjust. He isn't saying screw America, he is saying screw the racism.

Is the NFL racist? - TravelerKai - 09-09-2016

Quote: (09-09-2016 12:08 PM)NewDayNewFace Wrote:  

I've never seen so many helmet to helmet hits on a qb ever. If it was Peyton or Drew Brees they would have got that call every single time.

For me it's a bad decision for Colin to sit out of the anthem. He isn't even a star player and to bring so much attention to him isn't the best for his NFL career. But for people to say he is unpatriotic I think is unjust. He isn't saying screw America, he is saying screw the racism.

Need to stop you right there.

Cam not getting calls is the same issue Mike Vick and others like him have. If you are a dual threat quarterback that likes to run as well as pass in the pocket, you will not get most calls when you get hit. Steve Young was not the only white guy. Even some of the younger white QBs in the league like Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Case Keenum, Andrew Luck, just to name a few have gotten clobbered with no flags in the past 2 seasons. Those guys scramble inside and outside the pocket from time to time, but still pay the price like a running back.

The NFL needs to fix the rules and bias on that, but I would not count on that until next year. The competition committee meets only at the end of the season unless it is an emergency or something like that.

If anything, Elite QBs are the ones getting all the calls. Aaron Rodgers runs from time to time but if he got hit like that, that player would have gotten ejected no doubt. We don't even need to bring up Tom Brady who invented the last few rules on QB hits.

I personally do not like what Kap and others like him are doing. The flag represents all Americans. All colors and personally for me, almost all of my ancestors fought for this country, even if they did not like the way they were treated as black people. When I was a little kid I used to think like Kap, but my parents and uncles used to tell me that you should be grateful to be here and to show appreciation for what you have and those around you. Be Christlike and love even those that do not love you. This country is not what any of us want it to be, but you have to be willing to work hard towards making it the country you want. You cannot do that by showing division in public and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

In wanting to permanently get out of this country in the past few years, struggling with red-pill truths, etc. I have come to realize that this place will always be home and even if you do not like living in it, you cannot speak curses over it. We have what we speak. If you speak negative things about whites or blacks, they will continue to get worse in any direction.

All the older black NFL players are trying to do is help guide the angry young men into being positive and striving for unity. That's all. They might not be very articulate about it, but that is where they are coming from. Most of them grew up with worse experiences than the younger guys and know what it is like and then some. I know it bothers me alot to see this, and I have been chased and jumped by klansmen as kid more than once. This is still the best time ever to be a young black man in America. Don't let George Soros and liberals with no values trick you into feeling like it is not.

Martin Luther King would continue to stand for the pledge because he believed in this country and it's people, even if it did not look like things would change. His faith and his sacrificed saw it through. If it was good enough for him, it's still good enough for me.

EDIT: The NFL likes money. They are already under investigation for their donations to the military, which they have a very strong relationship with. They do not want unpatriotic displays being common because that will screw up the relationship with the Armed Forces and they use the NFL platform for recruiting kids for the military. It there is any bias from the NFL on this free speech issue, it's obvious because of the money trail.

Is the NFL racist? - MajorStyles - 09-09-2016

I made a comment about this in the NFL thread. The NFL is the new SJW target. And it’s not just about race…it’s the pink field in October, the domestic violence commercials in November, the Katy Perry “guuurlll power” halftime show at the Super Bowl. It’s so obvious at this point, that I’m surprised that anyone can miss it.

I’m boycotting the NFL this year. As long as I continue to watch, it’s tacit support for this nonsense. And I say this as somebody who was a star player back in High School and that watched consistently since 1978. The NFL has been my favorite sport.

I might tune in for some college games, even though I never was a big fan. We’ll see.

Is the NFL racist? - bigrich - 09-09-2016

The whole Kapernick situation is overblown. Kap has an interesting position that is being largely ignored by both sides. From my understanding, he called the USA a lawless country, where crooked Hillary can be president and the bankers can stay rich and out of prison. This is all happening while regular people are being prosecuted and sometimes shot for their crimes.

The press and SJW types are making this only about BLM, instead of his broader point about lawlessness and institutional corruption. They are trying to score political points by crying that Kap is somehow being persecuted. He is getting paid millions and having his voice heard across the nation, that is not persecution that is power. Unfortunately for Kap, his message is being twisted. They are treating him as a useful idiot.

Is the NFL racist? - rudebwoy - 09-09-2016

NFL is rigged.

Is the NFL racist? - DamienCasanova - 09-09-2016

Great article from Quintus Curtius about Kap

https://qcurtius.com/2016/09/06/anatomy-...nt-egoist/

So the 49ers tried to make this issue some sort of political one. Kaepernick’s refusal to stand for his country’s national anthem is cast as a form of protest.

I don’t see it that way. I think that’s bullshit. This is nothing but arrogance and immaturity masquerading as “protest.”

Let’s leave aside for a moment Kaepernick’s (false) assertion that the US is systematically oppressing people of color. It is a lie, but let us leave it aside for the moment.

This is a guy who is a multi-millionaire many times over, a man who sits at the very top of the economic pyramid. Is he talented at his job? Sure. But there are many athletes all over the world who don’t earn a tiny fraction of what he earns. He got what he got because he’s a US citizen.

And to disrespect one’s country this way is nothing but shocking ingratitude. It shows bad character. It shows a man who has no respect for his fellows. If I were his boss, I would fire him immediately. No team needs such people. They are poison, and their self-centered, egoistic poison has a way of infecting others.

All he’s trying to do is justify his egoism and his arrogance. I’m not buying it.

And the fact that no institution will call him out on it says volumes also. His own team was too chickenshit to speak the truth. What they should have said was this:

"We are deeply disappointed that Mr. Kaepernick demonstrated such a fundamental lack of respect for his obligations as a citizen. We find it to be a revealing incident.

We will not be continuing our contractual relationship with Mr. Kaepernick, and wish him the best of luck in his political activist career."

Even President Obama tried to massage away Kaepernick’s inexucusable conduct. He suggested that it could be some sort of form of protest.

To me, the issue here is one of respect. It’s not complicated. It all comes down to common human decency.

It’s like if someone invited you over to their house for dinner and you pissed in the punchbowl. How do you think people would react?

How can we expect young people to show any basic respect for their country, when people like this have such obvious contempt for it?

When you have the chance to earn untold riches, you’re expected to show some fucking respect for the country that made it possible for you and your family to prosper. You’re expected to be a team player, and stand with your teammates. You want to be a social activist? Fine. Do that shit on your own time.

You’re expected to display some class, some dignity, and some common human decency. It’s got nothing to do with politics, with issues, or with anything like that. Don’t justify Kaepernick’s actions by pointing to some political bullshit. The black activism bullshit is just a pretext to justify his arrogance and egoism.

Because black people are not being institutionally oppressed in the United States in 2016. That’s bullshit, pure and simple.

This issue is a simple one: it’s all about respect, and common courtesy for others.

Kaepernick is not a man of good character. He’s an arrogant egoist. He thinks the rules that everyone else has to play by are not the same rules he has to play by.

He’s not a team player. He should be fired immediately. But no one has the guts to do something like this in 2016. It’s revealing of the times we live in.

Old-school class acts like Jackie Robinson, Bill Russell, and many others would never have dreamed of doing anything like this. And those guys sure as hell suffered a lot more than Colin Kaepernick’s spoiled candy ass. Russell and Robinson lived through actual discrimination, not the fantasy oppression in Kaepernick’s mind. Those guys knew what oppression and discrimination really was.

The 49ers should get rid of him now, and not ignore a warning sign like this. A good man doesn’t do this sort of thing.

His actions show him to be an unstable, arrogant, directionless ingrate.

[Image: clap2.gif]

Is the NFL racist? - MY DETROIT PLAYAS - 09-09-2016

The whole 'Cam is bigger than everyone else argument'...that's bullshit

If you take a blow to the head from a fully accelerating 250 lb defender you will drop no matter your physique.

I've even seen bloggers compare it to Lebron and his relative size advantage...still doesn't equate. If the refs don't call it it only creates a slippery slope that could outright affect the outcome of the contest down the line. Not to mention the dude's health when he hangs up his cleats. (Think Ali)

The rules are the rules no matter the size of the player.

My Detroit Players,

I agree that the rules should be uniformly enforced, but I also know that large athletes don't get calls. Shaq would complain about this all the time.

Is the NFL racist? - Space Cowboy - 09-09-2016

Quote:Quote:

Newbies under 250 posts are not allowed to participate in race or political discussions.

Crap thread, more race crap that this forum doesn't need.

Is the NFL racist? - achromaticmike - 09-09-2016

Quote: (09-09-2016 12:08 PM)NewDayNewFace Wrote:  

No. He's saying "look at me."

Is the NFL racist? - realologist - 09-09-2016

Quote: (09-09-2016 02:27 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

The whole 'Cam is bigger than everyone else argument'...that's bullshit

If you take a blow to the head from a fully accelerating 250 lb defender you will drop no matter your physique.

I've even seen bloggers compare it to Lebron and his relative size advantage...still doesn't equate. If the refs don't call it it only creates a slippery slope that could outright affect the outcome of the contest down the line. Not to mention the dude's health when he hangs up his cleats. (Think Ali)

The rules are the rules no matter the size of the player.

Can't even come close to comparing Cam to LeBron. In the NFL they actually hit.

The reason he doesn't get many of these calls is because the scrambling aspect though. If he slid, he would get the call every time but that's not his game nor should it be.

Scramblers are lucky to have long careers. The only scrambler I can think of that lasted a long time was Steve Young. The next longest was Vick to put it in perspective.

Cam will last long as a scrambler probably only due to his size.

Is the NFL racist? - DamienCasanova - 09-10-2016

I realize now why this National Anthem "protest" pissed me off so much, it's the Ultimate Bitch Move

Every Man just wants to sit down and have a beer, and relax, and forget about all your life's problems, and have a good fucking time and just watch the game

But then, your woman wants to have.... a conversation

This is exactly what these NFL bitches are doing, they are trying to hijack your good time, and hold you hostage until you talk about your...RELATIONSHIP!

These supposed alpha male football bitches, making millions of dollars, are pulling the Ultimate Bitch Move on millions of Americans... who are just trying to go watch a fucking Football game and escape from reality for a couple hours, but they won't even allow you that respite, they want to invade your escapism and destroy your entertainment too.

NFL players are acting like women now

Is the NFL racist? - wi30 - 09-10-2016

Fuck ESPN. They are a failing company that's been trying to stay relevant for years despite the shitty product they are offering to consumers. I haven't been able to watch SportsCenter for years now. It's simply unwatchable. Part of the reasons I rarely follow sports now is because of the shit ESPN has been pulling.

Does anyone actually prefer assholes like Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith bitching about racial and social issues over some of the qualified dudes on NFL Network?

No one cares. They just want to crack a beer and watch the game. ESPN would've already gone under if it weren't for the exclusive broadcasting rights of things like Monday Night Football.

Hell, they even made up a bullshit statistic called QBR. No one even knows how they calculate it. I always assumed it was a real statistic until my boss told me to google it and explain what it actually was. I still can't describe it in a sentence. It's a complete joke.

Is the NFL racist? - Aquiles_Baesta_Parada - 09-10-2016

I love football for what it is! 11 vs 11 on the field.
Fuck everything else. I haven't watched ESPN in ages, side-reporters are useless, I mute the commercials or change the channel. I don't watch pre-game, half-time or after-game programs...

I don't need to know who's fucking tweeting what!

Last year's super bowl (Panthers are my team) I got invited to many parties and I didn't go to any of them. I went home and watched the game with my dad. I couldn't care less about the super bowl commercials, I didn't watch the halftime show, what for? I don't like coldplay and I can't stand Beyonce or her fucking dancers.

DamienCasanova said it all, sports were supposed to be 2 hours where men could escape reality, have a drink and shut the fuck up for a while.

Now I have Sheryl Sandberg telling me that I have to wash dishes so I can get laid more.
Fat fuck Amy Shummer selling me piss beer
and Kap and other people (well within their constitutional rights) trying to tell me to check my privilege or something....

un-fucking-real