Roosh V Forum
The date outfit thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: The date outfit thread (/thread-55130.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The date outfit thread - JWLZG - 04-13-2016

Let's talk about what we wear to dates, especially first ones, so that we can get a feel for what we should or shouldn't be rocking.

Style seems to come as second nature to me, even if I hadn't always noticed that. I get complimented on it routinely, so it's a field I think I've got locked down.
On the surface, Australians don't appear to be natty dressers, but a huge subsection of my city takes style seriously, and this is evident once we're overseas.

Furthermore, my city, especially the inner city set, tends to be pretty judgemental about appearances; wearing skinny jeans in a certain crowd or a shirt with your top button undone in another will get you looked down on.

I feel undressed these days in just a T-shirt, doubly so for dates; so I almost always start off with a button up shirt, in a smart casual pattern, such as this Ben Sherman tattersall print:

[Image: 304511770_zm_1.jpg]

If it's someone I already know, say through social circle, I might eschew that in favour of a knit top, like this one:

[Image: 42346_230911_124179.jpg]

I have a merino one like this without such a low V-neck.

Nights here are cool even in summer, so I'd wear a leather jacket in a cut like this:

[Image: 3306223700_1_1_17.jpg?t=1453801946376]

Except that mine has a self-belt, 4 buttons and no epaulettes.
I've recently gotten a leather double rider jacket for a more casual alternative.

[Image: schott-perfecto-jacket-with-no-one-inside.jpg]

Below that, either black or red jeans. Mine are corduroy for extra detail, and skinny:

[Image: hugo-boss-brown-cotton-alabama-corduroy-...e16b8a.jpg]

To round it off, boots (kind of necessary as I've added an inch to my height on Tinder/OKC). I like the differing details to be subtle, so I usually rock blue Dr Martens 1460s:

[Image: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=77071819]

Or Gore-Tex and leather combat boots slightly different to these:

[Image: MilitaryBootBlack,0.jpg]
Would dressing up any further be overdoing it? I have a naval jacket exactly like this but without the collar tabs that I'd like to wear in place of the leather:

[Image: leoX8YF.jpg]

I don't think it's as stiff as a suit, especially as I wouldn't be wearing a tie. I'd like to experiment with different jackets without being too dressed up.

The date outfit thread - WestIndianArchie - 04-13-2016

It's getting warm, keep it simple

[Image: tumblr_o2mf051QId1toizdso1_1280.jpg]

I'd wear different shoes.
Maybe socks.
Undecided on the ankles, but since most guys would never do that, it makes sense to do it.

WIA

The date outfit thread - General Stalin - 04-13-2016

^ this guy's got a good look. You've posted him before. Male fashion model?

The date outfit thread - kaotic - 04-13-2016

Chucks - not the standard canvas ones. These have Nike inserts (nike bought converse), better material, I like the sued black ones and brown dark canvas ones currently.

Flannels (buttoned to the top) works well with a decently sized beard.

Typically slim to fitted flannels, not the baggy loose kind.

Or I'll wear a nice solid color button up.

As far as pants - dark blue denim to different solid color stretch canvas pants.

I like being comfortable on the first date, I've never rocked a suit or corpo clothes to a date and not crossing my arms [Image: lol.gif]

My dates consist of drinks at a bar, shooting pool, or bowling. I like to be relaxed, plus, it's what I look good in, gives kind of an edgy bad boy vibe.

This, but buttoned up to the top and nicer denim. Let's not forget my beard and resting asshole face.
[Image: v5zbya.jpg]

Flannel buttoned up to the top?

Kaotic rolling up to his date like

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Pretty much [Image: lol.gif]

Red_Pillage, Papaya, Aneroid, Samuel B Roberts, have seen me rock a flannel and chucks.

Fuck a top bottom. Fuck the top two buttons. Maybe even the top three if I feel like going full douche and letting the chest hair pop.

Only time I button the top button is if I'm wearing a dress shirt with a tie. I will wear flannel but with the sleeves rolled up and the top two undone showing a T or waffle shirt underneath (seasonal casual/lumberjack look) with dark blue jeans and brown belt and boots.

Date attire depends on the venue, but typically a pair of dark blue or gray jeans, a V-neck t-shirt, long sleeve V with the sleeves rolled up, or maybe a Henley. Black or brown belt with black or brown chukka boots. May rock a fitted button-up, like I said, venue/even depending. I have a gray wool jacket I'll wear if it's chilly.

Always wear a watch and if not wearing short sleeve will roll up my sleeves. I have a bit of an edgy look and I have tattoos so showing forearm is a must.

The date outfit thread - Andre - 04-13-2016

I like to mix it up sometimes, but if I´m in doubt before heading out I usually put on something classic like white t, black fit jeans, leather/denim jacket + some killer shoes/boots.
[Image: attachment.jpg31070]   
[Image: attachment.jpg31071]   
[Image: attachment.jpg31072]   

What I like about this is the simplicity, and it can be worn all year round, in the winter add a scarf, gloves and beanie while in the summer just lose the jacket and put on some shades. It is all about the fit of course, not too tight and not too baggie.

I dig denim jackets also, there are sick black levi denim jackets around.

I'm just not a fan of throwing on some boots (then again I'll be needing boots for my motorcycle).

I need to up my wardrobe. Shit is kinda tired, especially my shoe game. Boots, some nicer chukks, and a new pare of all purpose sneaks. All my shit I've been buying lately is wicked utilitarian. Last two pairs of shoes I bought were Nike flyknits for running/fitness training and converse all stars for weight lifting.

The date outfit thread - spygoat - 04-13-2016

I rock cowboy boots (Ariats), guess/diesel jeans (usually some sort of rips in them) followed by a Micheal Kors (the one attached is my go to gonna get my fuck on shirt) or Hugo boss button up, usually untucked.

The cowboy boots may not be for some of the city fellas on here, but as far as I'm concerned boots are what men wear. I can appreciate the converse in an urban setting but boots always do better for me in my experience. If you're an urban guy, check out chippewa's - hand made, extremely comfortable and classy.

[Image: attachment.jpg31075]   

[Image: attachment.jpg31076]   

[Image: attachment.jpg31077]   

[Image: attachment.jpg31078]   

The date outfit thread - JWLZG - 04-13-2016

Quote: (04-13-2016 10:58 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Southern Hemisphere WIA. It's autumn over here now, even if it's still warm out.

The date outfit thread - Andre - 04-13-2016

I´m no expert or anything, but from what I observe I think shoes are the number one thing the average guy does wrong.

Shoes can make or break an outfit and girls will definitely notice it if you´re wearing a good pair for your outfit. It´s all about the outfit and how the shoes goes with it. It doesn´t have to match in color, style or anything like that, it just have to feel right for you, and then it will automatically look like you are rocking it to everyone else. That´s just my opinion.

I think the fact that you are wearing cowboy boots is awesome, however, I would not pull it off because it is just not me. I would feel uncomfortable in it and girls would sense it. So if anyone has a weak shoes game it would be nice to start with baby steps. Think timeless and classic shoes/boots/sneakers/stylish/whatever, then when you are more and more comfortable, experience with your outfit/style by changing one element at a time so the outfit looks a bit "off" sort to say. Then you have your own style.

I ended up rambling a bit and got lost in my own point. Here are some boots similar to what I´ve been wearing during my lifespan and I´ve gotten compliments from both genders usually.

[Image: attachment.jpg31082]   
[Image: attachment.jpg31081]   
[Image: attachment.jpg31080]   

Quote: (04-13-2016 11:27 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Have I?

I pulled it from a blog I follow.

This is more my steez though
[Image: tumblr_o37r83AGK21qzx6s2o1_1280.jpg]

or this

[Image: tumblr_mxee7uzmj71szbfero1_400.png]

WIA

The date outfit thread - PapayaTapper - 04-13-2016

Quote: (04-13-2016 10:58 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

[Image: tumblr_o2mf051QId1toizdso1_1280.jpg]

I'd wear different shoes.
Maybe socks.
Undecided on the ankles, but since most guys would never do that, it makes sense to do it.

WIA

I was just talking about this Capri pants style on guys. I'm seeing it a lot more here locally.

Overall I like this style / look for warm or tropical climate. I rock linen shirts and pants and no sock look when I'm in Miami

But these pants are a little to high water for my tastes...this looks a bit on the effeminate side

Quote: (04-13-2016 07:37 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2016 11:27 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Have I?

I pulled it from a blog I follow.

WIA

thread-52710...pid1185358

Dude has on point casual suit game there as well.

[Image: tumblr_nxcvr7TAgf1sby8suo1_1280.jpg]

Also, 3 buttons undone. Let that chest pop. DGAF

The date outfit thread - Rush87 - 04-13-2016

[Image: geb9kbmbbixktu3m5qyw.jpg]

Quote: (04-13-2016 07:49 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

But these pants are a little to high water for my tastes...this looks a bit on the effeminate side

No normal guy would wear this, which is why a player should wear it.

I see the high water look on the most fashionable guys here. Never mind it's a Thom Brown thing from at least 10 years ago. It just finally caught on with the "top 1%".

Still, I'm thinking that JWZLG's post is even more specific.

He's talking about dates, not just going out to pick up chicks.

Should your date gear be close to what you regularly wear to work/school, what you wear for night game?

For my job, it's wool slacks and a dress shirt, maybe a tie with a clip.
I usually destroy all my good work by putting an army jacket on top, but I'm not getting sick for these broads!

Last date I had, I looked @ what I recently bought and went with a simple bright yellow polo, dark blue levi's, brown shoes.

Enough to look nice, but not knock her off her socks.

WIA

@Stalin

Damn, I would not have realized this was the same guy.
Good eye.

This might work for you young and fit guys
- sock less (usually guys wear footies)
- tan/cognac? shoes are for the summer
- gingham is very summer
- the tie is skinny, and so is the clip.

[Image: tumblr_nso0v8CYQj1u7k4a1o1_1280.jpg]

Slightly more formal, and for you guys that don't sweat like I do
- dark jacket which is navy on lt blue - that's good
- lt blue and dark blue work with khaki/beige - that's good too
- the pocket square is red and plays off the dark blue jacket and breaks up the visual monotony
- watch and bracelets aren't heavy

[Image: tumblr_nrvfa4W8ll1ruwyyfo1_1280.jpg]

And should be warm/cool enough for down under.

WIA

The date outfit thread - kinnikinik - 04-13-2016

As an older guy (50+) trying to rediscover my own look, I'd love to hear your opinions on:
1. Classy look for my upcoming trip to SEA (manila is hot as shit right now and I tend to be a sweater!). I REALLY don't want to look like a t-shirt, baggy shorts and flip-flops sex tourist.
2. I have a LOT of chest hair (mostly grey now). Any opinions on chest hair game??? in SEA? I grew up with a button or two undone, but know that often asians are not down with hairy. Also, I want to look as young as possible and flaunting a chest of grey seems to be emphasizing my age rather than accenting my youth.
3. I tend to be a casual shoe - running shoes or crocs - kinda guy, and want to upgrade that look. But, I don't think I"ll ever feel comfortable in hard leather-soled dress shoes. Any suggestions?

Thanks for ideas...

Quote: (04-13-2016 09:25 PM)kinnikinik Wrote:  

As an older guy (50+) trying to rediscover my own look, I'd love to hear your opinions on:
1. Classy look for my upcoming trip to SEA (manila is hot as shit right now and I tend to be a sweater!). I REALLY don't want to look like a t-shirt, baggy shorts and flip-flops sex tourist.
2. I have a LOT of chest hair (mostly grey now). Any opinions on chest hair game??? in SEA? I grew up with a button or two undone, but know that often asians are not down with hairy. Also, I want to look as young as possible and flaunting a chest of grey seems to be emphasizing my age rather than accenting my youth.
3. I tend to be a casual shoe - running shoes or crocs - kinda guy, and want to upgrade that look. But, I don't think I"ll ever feel comfortable in hard leather-soled dress shoes. Any suggestions?

Thanks for ideas...

Embrace the AGE!

[Image: tumblr_o12gk0e1FL1qktss8o1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_o1s4ti40Xp1qcf1bio1_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_o0wo48kiv11sdwbr2o1_1280.jpg]

As for hot climates....dress like the rich/powerful locals

[Image: 20141004_asp501.jpg]

I'd probably open the top 2 buttons.
And for shoes, I'd go with driving shoes/moccasins. They're for summer, and they aren't hard bottoms. (That being said, they're not as comfortable as sneakers)

[Image: original_racing-red-driving-shoe.jpg]

The date outfit thread - kinnikinik - 04-14-2016

WIA - thanks for the response. Especially about embracing the Age.

I'll have to try to figure out a more formal look that isn't gonna end up with me being a sweaty mess.... But I think you're on the right track, if I don't want to be perceived as low-life, don't dress like one.

I'll head over to Nordy's to look at mocs and driving shoes. But I think I'm gonna needs some kind of structured sole...

The date outfit thread - Burzat - 04-14-2016

[Image: attachment.jpg31085]   

Clean and classy. With a nice power scent - Azzaro pour Homme.

The date outfit thread - Andre - 04-14-2016

Quote: (04-14-2016 02:16 AM)kinnikinik Wrote:  

WIA - thanks for the response. Especially about embracing the Age.

I'll have to try to figure out a more formal look that isn't gonna end up with me being a sweaty mess.... But I think you're on the right track, if I don't want to be perceived as low-life, don't dress like one.

I'll head over to Nordy's to look at mocs and driving shoes. But I think I'm gonna needs some kind of structured sole...

I think WIA is on point regarding the shoes. Just don´t wear crocs, seriously.

To cope with the heat, have you thought about wearing shorts? I know a lot of people say that real men don´t wear shorts, but then again, are we supposed to give a fuck? I think it looks cool and it is definitely a viable option in hot climate areas.
[Image: attachment.jpg31086]   [Image: attachment.jpg31087]   [Image: attachment.jpg31088]   [Image: attachment.jpg31089]   

You can go more casual as well without looking like the average joe sex tourist

[Image: attachment.jpg31091]   

Even this player swears by rocking the shorts style, albeit a bit different approach

[Image: attachment.jpg31090]   

The date outfit thread - Space Cowboy - 04-14-2016

Quote: (04-13-2016 07:32 PM)Andre Wrote:  

Shoes

I agree that shoes can go a long way. You don't want to walk up to a date rocking New Balances or something (although I think the second pair of boots you posted look stupid).

It's interesting that you posted a picture of Ryan Gosling because honestly, if you're an average looking white guy you should just try to copy his look if you're not completely confident when you're out shopping. Even his formal style can work casually, and his style is easy to copy without needing a fat wallet or a good tailor.

http://www.dmarge.com/2015/03/ryan-gosling-style.html