Roosh V Forum
California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA (/thread-55106.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Mentavious - 04-12-2016

Link

Quote:Quote:

When one 22-year-old was awarded $2,500 in financial aid by his school, he didn't put it toward pricey textbooks, a backpack, or even a new computer for writing papers. Instead, the young man basically said 'YOLO' and blew the entire thing on a romantic vacation with his girlfriend.
Brandon, 22, was given the financial aid check by his Los Angeles-area college to use for school supplies, but decided to find the cash for spring semester textbook some other way, instead spending the money 'like a boss' on a ten-day trip to Thailand to surprise his girlfriend of a few months.
He also brought along a camera to flaunt his spending, putting together a home movie of the couple checking off their bucket list dream of 'traveling the world with someone you love'.

'My girlfriend has never left the country before, and I know the one place she's always wanted to go. And I decided to a little something different with my financial aid,' Brandon, who is a full-time student and part-time Uber drive, says at the beginning of the video.
He then shows the camera an itinerary for a trip to Thailand, which Natalie, a 21-year-old waitress at a sports bar, doesn't know he's already booked for their Christmas break.
Time to share the good news, he walks into her bedroom, where she's standing in a towel. Natalie asks Brandon why he is wearing a GoPro, so he hands over the itinerary.
Realizing what she is holding, she asks him several times if he's serious, not quite believing that the papers are real. Finally, he tells her that they leave in ten days — and she drops the papers in surprise, her hands going to her mouth.

The scene then cuts forward to their trip, where Brandon is still wearing the GoPro — and capturing every bit of the fun.
The camera pans over pristine, crystal blue waters. His girlfriend lounges in an infinity pool, looking out over the beautiful landscape.
They're up for some adventure, too, writing a moped through the jungle where they drive past an elephant.
'You don't need months of planning for a trip, just a ticket and the will to leave,' Brandon explained on Instagram.
The incredibly romantic getaway also saw them bathing in waterfalls, kissing on cliffs, and finding secluded pools to swim in together.
Brandon, ever the doting boyfriend, even brought his girlfriend breakfast in bed before filming some gratuitous shots of her backside.

Moving on from the islands and into the city, the camera shows them riding around in a tuk tuk, drinking beer, and trying new food in Bangkok. They enjoy the nightlife, visit Golden Mountain, and eat street food.
They also traveled to nearby Laos, meeting a little local boy on the way there who was amazed at their equipment.
'He was fascinated when we showed him our cameras and phone and started taking pictures of everybody,' Brandon said.
Sadly it seems like Brandon came back to Earth with a bump after his amazing trip; at the end of the video he included a short clip of himself impersonating someone from his college, saying: 'Hi, is this Brandon? Yes, that financial aid money that you spent, we're going to have to get that back from you.'
No word yet on whether Brandon has managed to buy any textbooks this semester either...

[Image: 3311A3FB00000578-3534301-image-m-30_1460393145227.jpg]

[Image: 33120D0C00000578-3534301-image-m-62_1460397989928.jpg]

[Image: 3311A48900000578-3534301-image-m-41_1460393336380.jpg]

WB but WNBTT (would not bring to Thailand)

Did she even help with the cost?

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - eradicator - 04-12-2016

What the hell. Someone get this kid a membership to the forum, he is doing this all wrong. If you are going to go to Thailand, go to hit on the hot Thai women, don't bring your hot girlfriend, which you can bang when you get back. And probably not a good idea to spend money you don't have on vacations.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Just_Die - 04-12-2016

Guy looks like a simp. Super typical faggy behavior of ruining his future prospects to please a piece of ass that's gonna dump/cheat on his ass down the line. This guy would've benefited from a stronger masculine presence in his life?

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - samsamsam - 04-12-2016

Could have given her a boob job.

That guy looks pretty stonerish - I don't think he has a history of good decision making.

Edit: I forgot to mention - Free college for everyone! Feel the Bern!

[Image: Tusk_67435.jpg]

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - kaotic - 04-12-2016

Probably won't pay it back either and won't even go to school.

Hopefully FAFSA hammers him for this and forces him to get the money back.

Now I admit, I did have some money leftover when receiving some grants and loans, however I used that towards building a computer that I could use.

I didn't go out and buy some baller shit or buy a trip.

All this - so he could stroke his ego and please his girlfriend. I'll bet you this isn't the first time he's done this.

FAFSA needs to hammer down on this, only releasing money to schools when appliers register for classes.

They need to show proof of purchases for books, supplies, dorm fees, etc.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Brosemite - 04-12-2016

Wow would totally bang. But....

Quote: (04-12-2016 12:39 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Link

Quote:Quote:

He then shows the camera an itinerary for a trip to Thailand, which Natalie, a 21-year-old waitress at a sports bar, doesn't know he's already booked for their Christmas break.

She seems like a stable someone with few male thirst options in the heart of So. Cal. What is she an aspiring actress too?

[Image: lolwtf.gif]

Not a good move to bring this gal overseas. It's like bringing sand to a beach...or in this case..bringing his own Pad Thai and Thai Tea to a food court of poosy options..in.....Thailand.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Sidney Crosby - 04-12-2016

WBR

But why take sand to the beach

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - eskimobobseal - 04-12-2016

Gotta give credit where it's due - that girl is very attractive.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - kaotic - 04-12-2016

Quote: (04-12-2016 12:58 PM)eskimobobseal Wrote:  

Gotta give credit where it's due - that girl is very attractive.

By American standards - plenty hotter in Thailand.

You don't bring sand to the beach and he's not a bad looking guy either, tall white surfer/stoner looking dude, wouldn't do bad out there.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Saweeep - 04-12-2016

Do we have enough information to be this harsh to the guy?

Life isn't always black and white.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - samsamsam - 04-12-2016

Quote: (04-12-2016 01:02 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Life isn't always black and white.

Don't try and be reasonable today! I am out for blood! [Image: lol.gif]

I just realized maybe he hasn't banged her yet and this was the trip to help him slip it in.

The thirst is strong.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - fugly1000 - 04-12-2016

Yeah this trip cost way more than 2,500. Also, all the girlfriends I had. Never took trips with them. Unless it was to a hotel. Man, his girl is cheating on him. Look at her. He's failing.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - britchard - 04-12-2016

Looks like a high test alpha to me. Your classic 'Chad'.

Still pretty stupid of him though.

Another question is why would he want this to be public? I mean, there is no way he is not going to be investigated.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - The Laughing Man - 04-12-2016

Quote: (04-12-2016 01:32 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Another question is why would he want this to be public? I mean, there is no way he is not going to be investigated.

So he can flaunt his bitch. Bro's got oneitis bad. He's acting like a woman with all of this filming every second, breakfast in bed for her, social media crap.

He's headed for complete disappointment with terrible game like this. This thread should be titled "Anti-game, the making of a jaded romantic". You only do this type of thing with an LTR you've been fucking for a long time that is completely dedicated to you. Never, ever do this with a woman you've just started seeing. Unless you're on some Bruce Wayne type shit and you can take 5 models with you on your jet and grab a couple more when you land.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Brosemite - 04-12-2016

Quote: (04-12-2016 12:46 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

FAFSA needs to hammer down on this, only releasing money to schools when appliers register for classes.

They need to show proof of purchases for books, supplies, dorm fees, etc.

The only way you can receive funds is if you are enrolled in classes. He is likely in classes, but missing 1-2 weeks of school (likely during Spring break period) to go on this vacation.

Quote: (04-12-2016 01:32 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Well it's a mockery to the system in general. Let's say you're a graduate student who has a few years of work experience, but need to quit your full-time job to change career paths via new academic endeavor. Extra funds whether through grants or subsidized loans are justifiable if you're needing them just to take a shitty 12-15 dollar per hour part-time internship (while currently enrolled in aforementioned grad classes) critical towards new full-time employment opportunities in a different field.

Making his journey public is going to make it harder for students in actual need of the funds heading into the future. Inconsiderate dick move.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - bigrich - 04-12-2016

She looks great from the back. If this guy is smart, he will turn his notoriety into money by building up his instagram and posting travel videos on Youtube.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Clockwerk - 04-12-2016

Quote: (04-12-2016 12:43 PM)Just_Die Wrote:  

Guy looks like a simp. Super typical faggy behavior of ruining his future prospects to please a piece of ass that's gonna dump/cheat on his ass down the line. This guy would've benefited from a stronger masculine presence in his life?

I'd have to agree with you on this one. Her smile is one notch above a smirk and he is beaming. This should be reversed.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Kona - 04-12-2016

I was all for this guy doing his thing when I watched the video.

All I thought was "22 year old kid with pretty decent girlfriend. With those shoddy tattoos Thailand will be a great place to land a few three ways. Way to go Brandon" I spent some obscene amounts of money on girls like hermany times over when I was his age.

Then I looked at the pictures. These two particularly:

[Image: 3311A44900000578-3534301-image-m-36_1460393248875.jpg]

[Image: 3311A50200000578-3534301-image-m-54_1460393520829.jpg]

I hate, HATE, when people have teeth like that. Why on god damn earth would she spent money on tattoos and piercings, but not fix the fucking incisor.

Now all I can think is this jackass took the waitress from poor mans hooters out of the trailer park for a few days and flushed his cash down the drain.

At first I was inspired.

Aloha!

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - R_Niko - 04-12-2016

we know that

1) He took financial aid money that was earmarked for his education and blew it (plus probably some of his own money, that trip for two people must be at least $3000-4000) on pleasing/impressing a woman he's only been with a couple of months.

2) Said woman is around 2 points more attractive than he is (hence the one-itis).

3) He made a video where he not only admits to blowing his school money on said trip, but the purpose is to basically brag about it.

Therefore, I say yes we do know enough to be harsh.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Matsufubu - 04-12-2016

I get the gut feeling that this relationship will play out along the lines of hippy pre-suits-Barney and that coffee house girl in How I Met Your Mother. She has a knowing look in her eyes, and his body language is beta.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Captainstabbin - 04-12-2016

The only place I’m taking that ass is PoundTown!

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Saweeep - 04-12-2016

Quote: (04-12-2016 03:01 PM)R_Niko Wrote:  

we know that

1) He took financial aid money that was earmarked for his education and blew it (plus probably some of his own money, that trip for two people must be at least $3000-4000) on pleasing/impressing a woman he's only been with a couple of months.

2) Said woman is around 2 points more attractive than he is (hence the one-itis).

3) He made a video where he not only admits to blowing his school money on said trip, but the purpose is to basically brag about it.

Well, I just wish I was as wise at 22 as some people on this forum seem/pretend to be/have been at that age.

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - Kona - 04-12-2016

Plus, on their once in a lifetime romantic journey, she's still got the iPhone locked and loaded.

[Image: 3312137000000578-3534301-image-m-69_1460398149938.jpg]

Don't want to miss those group texts.

Aloha!

California student spends his financial check on a couples retreat to SEA - R_Niko - 04-12-2016

Quote: (04-12-2016 03:24 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Quote: (04-12-2016 03:01 PM)R_Niko Wrote:  

Well, I just wish I was as wise at 22 as some people on this forum seem/pretend to be/have been at that age.

I got financial aid when I was in school to the tune of several thousand dollars. Know what I spent it on? Fuckin' school. I had a roommate who blew his financial aid on traveling/etc., and I'm pretty sure he left school around $50K in debt. Mind you he had zero help from his family where I had a bit. The point is, 22 is not 14. You're basically a grown man and need to be responsible for whatever you choose. This dude's combined actions scream that he's about as mature as the average millennial, which is around as mature as the average 14 year old was thirty years ago.