Roosh V Forum
The Water thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Water thread (/thread-54779.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Water thread - the Thing - 03-29-2016

Most people are dehydrated throughout the day. Do you keep an eye on your daily water intake?

I have noticed that there's light years of difference in my general well being, when I only drink one or two glasses vs. more than half a gallon of water.

- Less jaded and cynical
- More sociable
- Anxiety gone
- Depression gone
- Confidence up
- Goal focused vs getting lost in details
- Naturally correct posture, head tilted up vs. crunched back, head tilted down
- Skin smooth as 18 year old pussy

I have implemented a scheme in which I put 12 pins on a piece of paper on my pinboard every morning. With every glass of water I take a pin off. I'm not allowed to end the day if there are pins left on the board.

PSA: Water is fucking amazing. Drink water

The Water thread - Moto - 03-29-2016

Where are you getting your water? I hope it's not tap, or all from BPA-contaminated disposable plastic bottles.

In the states I have a cool gravity-fed water filter that gets everything out, even the Fluoride. Here in MX I drink from the garafones, the big plastic water jugs. I assume/hope these leak a lot less BPA or other estrogen mimickers than the disposable bottles.

Insert Water Boy meme here.

The Water thread - topdog - 03-29-2016

Yes and fucking yes. Since I was a kid, I got used to drink a lot of water. I was nicknamed the water-tank. Maybe I drink that much because I am tall as fuck, but it has helped me keep a good health.
Once I noticed that I drank way more water than my co-workers (I drink almost a gallon a day), and started to think I might have diabetes (you know, internet shit) and got my sugar checked: All normal and good.
So this means most average people are dehydrated and become used to it, so they don't drink the water they need.

Too much water can be bad too. If I drink too much of it, I can get dehydrated... WTF? It is because drinking in excess and peeing it out can deprive your body of essential minerals/salts that maintain your body water and chemistry working. So keep a balance between your mineral and water intake.

The Water thread - thoughtgypsy - 03-29-2016

Quote: (03-29-2016 09:12 AM)Moto Wrote:  

Where are you getting your water? I hope it's not tap, or all from BPA-contaminated disposable plastic bottles.

In the states I have a cool gravity-fed water filter that gets everything out, even the Fluoride. Here in MX I drink from the garafones, the big plastic water jugs. I assume/hope these leak a lot less BPA or other estrogen mimickers than the disposable bottles.

Insert Water Boy meme here.

I wrote a thread where I made a lot of those same points and recommended the use of a Berkey Filter: thread-51922.html

As some of my test results ultimately show, it may not be a fullproof method to get rid of the bulk of your estrogen exposure. Avoiding dairy, keeping your liver healthy and megadosing cruciferous veggies might be the only way to keep down estradiol levels without medical intervention (aramotase inhibitors).

I drink probably a gallon of water a day and it certainly feels good. I also drink lots of coffee and green tea (diuretics), so I may be losing some water there. I'm not worried that much about nutrient loss- I eat a shit ton of pink himalayan salt, and my blood pressure is near perfect (115-120 over 60-80).

If I'm worried about anything, it's urinating too much. I figure I may be putting more duty cycles on all the plumbing than what it's meant for. Not sure there's any medical literature to suggest it's a legitimate concern or not.

The Water thread - mistertruc - 03-29-2016

Does a Berkey Filter or alternative exist in smaller size?
I would like to be able to filter my water, while being transportable.

The Water thread - monster - 03-29-2016

I have a water distiller. It does 6gal per day and is automated. It's great.

The Water thread - Beyond Borders - 03-29-2016

I don't think we need quite as much water as we've been led to believe.

The Water thread - rudebwoy - 03-29-2016

Water is very important and is very much under-rated.

It should be the only liquid you drink.

I drink distilled water.

The Water thread - kaotic - 03-29-2016

I drink about 1 gallon of semi filtered water a day. I throw in a chamomile and green tea bag in there also.

The Water thread - Valentine - 03-29-2016

The 8 glasses of water a day (~2.5 litres) myth has already been debunked multiple times - there's no proven health benefits for such a high quantity plus we already get a ton of water from the foods we eat.

Concerning water quality there's at least two important aspects: filtration and storage.

Filtration - reverse osmosis or distillers are great for getting rid of fluoride, heavy metals etc.

Storage - don't use plastic (xenoestrogens) or even BPA-free containers. Stick with stainless steel.

The Water thread - MiscBrah - 03-29-2016

Waking up and drinking 32 oz of cold water is a habit I think everyone should adopt

The Water thread - duedue - 07-08-2017

I drink about 2 gallons of tap water every day. I don't know what causes me to be so thirsty (it's not blood sugar). But I must get a water filter.

The Water thread - duedue - 07-08-2017

The Water thread - The Beast1 - 07-08-2017

A lot of age related skin issues is due to perpetual dehydration.

You may not need to drink 8 glasses a day, but if your only liquid intakes are diuretics (coffee, sodas, etc) you'll need twice the water to replace it which is where I guess the 8 glasses comes from. They're probably assuming a person consumes coffee perpetually all through the morning.

The Water thread - Poker - 07-08-2017

Thank for reviving this thread Duedue. I know I don't drink enough water during the day. Unless I'm in the heat or vigorously exercising, I just don't get thirsty, as a result, I don't drink. sometimes I won't touch water until midday, this has to stop.

The Water thread - HighSpeed_LowDrag - 07-08-2017

I've always gone by what was pounded into my head repeatedly during basic training - "If you're not pissing clear, you're not drinking enough."

The Water thread - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 07-08-2017

It's very important to drink enough water to avoid dehydration, but as some previous posts mention, if you drink too much water, you find yourself actually getting thirstier, and there can be problems with depleting electrolytes.

The rule of thumb that I have seen for this is to judge by the color of your pee. If it is dark yellow, you should drink more. Pale to faint yellow indicates full hydration. Pissing clear means you've drank more than your body can use.

Obviously, in the winter it's easy to regulate your hydration levels. In the summertime, if you are getting sweaty, you can sometime find yourself chugging water all day and still pee dark yellow. I figure if I drink enough to push myself to the level of having pale yellow pee, or hit the point of briefly peeing clear once or twice a day, I'm doing good. I don't think it's necessary or even possible to always maintain an ideal level of hydration. Just get tanked up with water pretty good once or twice a day and you'll be fine.

One final note: most probably know this but drinking lots of booze causes dehydration. After a night of drinking a lot of alcohol, make sure to have plenty of water before bed and in the morning to minimize hangover.

Also, take some B12. It's supposed to be depleted by alcohol, and B12 depletion causes low energy and worsens hangovers. My TRT doctor told me this, and it's backed up by numerous internet sources as well. Most don't know this.

The Water thread - weambulance - 07-08-2017

It's pretty hard to drink too much water and it's not the sort of thing you're going to just accidentally do. You have to force yourself to get to that point. So while it's worth keeping in mind, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The Water thread - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 07-11-2017

Quote: (07-08-2017 06:28 PM)weambulance Wrote:  

It's pretty hard to drink too much water and it's not the sort of thing you're going to just accidentally do. You have to force yourself to get to that point. So while it's worth keeping in mind, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It's true that it's very difficult to drink so much water that it's bad for you (there was a case where a radio station had a water drinking contest and a contestant died, but that's an extreme anomaly).

My point was that if I start drinking pint after pint of water until I'm pissing clear and running to the bathroom again and again, I actually find myself feeling thirsty the whole time. There's really no benefit in this. From what I've read on the subject in the past, you have a fully sufficient level of hydration if your pee is light yellow.

It's definitely good to stay hydrated, but you don't need to drink multiple gallons everyday, or even 8 glasses a day, unless you're sweating that much off.

The Water thread - Celestial - 07-11-2017

Been drinking a gallon of water a day, albeit most of it is from the tap. Is there really a significant benefit to drinking distilled / filtered water, assuming you live in a 1st world country like America? I understand why you'd want filtered in like Ukraine or the Philippines, but tap water in US seems fine by me.

The Water thread - Handsome Creepy Eel - 07-12-2017

Why would you drink distilled water? If drinking lots of water is a sort of a back-to-nature technique, then distilling it surely negates all of its effects.

The Water thread - Hypno - 07-12-2017

Quote: (07-12-2017 04:18 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Why would you drink distilled water? If drinking lots of water is a sort of a back-to-nature technique, then distilling it surely negates all of its effects.

Distilling should eliminate the chemicals added by the municipal source like flouride and chlorine, pharmaceuticals from waste water not filtered out by the municipal source, and chemicals that leach from pipes. The tradeoff is you eliminate beneficial minerals.

Flouride is difficult to eliminate and I don't know if distilling is effective. If you are targeting flouride, they usually recommend very large filters - the cannister is about 4-5 feet tall.

The Water thread - Celestial - 07-13-2017

Quote: (07-12-2017 05:40 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Distilling should eliminate the chemicals added by the municipal source like flouride and chlorine, pharmaceuticals from waste water not filtered out by the municipal source, and chemicals that leach from pipes. The tradeoff is you eliminate beneficial minerals.

Flouride is difficult to eliminate and I don't know if distilling is effective. If you are targeting flouride, they usually recommend very large filters - the cannister is about 4-5 feet tall.

Are these chemicals actually present in significant quantities? I feel like in 1st world country negative chemicals like these would only be present in trace amounts, not enough to cause harm.

The Water thread - SanMiguel - 07-14-2017

Quote: (07-13-2017 09:27 PM)Celestial Wrote:  

Quote: (07-12-2017 05:40 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Are these chemicals actually present in significant quantities? I feel like in 1st world country negative chemicals like these would only be present in trace amounts, not enough to cause harm.

This is what our water contains here in the UK, well my area anyway:

[Image: o1j3VCd.jpg]

You should be able to find out off your water company easy enough. I have no idea what any of that means or if it's worth it/possible to filter anything bad out - interested to hear from anyone with more knowledge.

The Water thread - CaptainChardonnay - 07-14-2017

I bought a Berkey water filter a while back. It has a fluoride filter you can attach and makes my hard tap water taste significantly different. Less hard I would say.