Roosh V Forum
The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge (/thread-54749.html)

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - NewDayNewFace - 12-06-2016

^ Just make a LLC and you'll have the same itemized write offs. You can write off going out to eat (you took your clients out to eat), you can write off clubbing as well (had to entertain your clients), you can write off mileage as well (driving to see a client).

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - redbeard - 12-06-2016

Quote: (12-06-2016 08:58 PM)NewDayNewFace Wrote:  

^ Just make a LLC and you'll have the same itemized write offs. You can write off going out to eat (you took your clients out to eat), you can write off clubbing as well (had to entertain your clients), you can write off mileage as well (driving to see a client).

Keep going? Don't I have to prove that the LLC made money?

In theory, couldn't I expense every fucking meal I had with another person? Where's the limit?

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - NewDayNewFace - 12-06-2016

Just be reasonable with it. In theory you can but if the IRS knocks on your door can you give them a good explanation of who you were with and how it could be business related?

I've been doing this for years but I haven't gone all out on it. I stretch the limits but I believe it's reasonable. Technically I write off a lot of my dates I go on and a lot of the times I go to the club as well. I'm networking and talking business most of the times.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Mr Johnny Montoya - 12-07-2016

Can anyone give a rough idea of how long it would take to build a respectable level of traffic to a blog?

I started a multi author blog recently and I've been contacting other bloggers to contribute. Some have agreed to join as contributors, and others have given me permission to post stuff from their blogs. Whenever possible I would ask for a link too. I'm on twitter and gab (currently suspended on twitter due to trolling feminists after the election) but I'm thinking I'll get more traffic from links on other relevant blogs.

I'm thinking if I can get 2 or 3 posts per day, that should result in a pretty decent volume of content over time. I probably won't be writing much myself, at least for now. I like the idea of blogging, but I don't like the idea of everything hanging on my own writing, hence it's multi author.

Eventually I'd like to monetize it by promoting my books and a digital course that I've made, plus whatever else I may create in future, and have affiliate links and so on (udemy courses, amazon books, etc). All advertising would be relevant, good quality and non intrusive.

So are we talking 6 months? A couple of years? What's a reasonable time frame to build an amount of traffic that would make it monetizeable?

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - kirdiesel - 12-08-2016

Ive recently started a eBay business/hustle exporting clothing from Europe to the US... Running fairly well (generally doubling my inital investment) Most of the items are used and under the $200 limit so have no problem getting through US customs but now im looking into selling items new with tags which will most likely cross the threshold and subject to fees.

Seems complicated as hell to calculate import fees. Since the profit margins will be signifcantly bigger on new items I am thinking about eating the import fee for my customer in order to also speed up times in customs. Im sure once they see import fees prepaid on a package they'll greenlight it right away.

Is there an import/export thread?

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Suits - 12-08-2016

Quote: (12-07-2016 01:49 PM)Mr Johnny Montoya Wrote:  

Can anyone give a rough idea of how long it would take to build a respectable level of traffic to a blog?

I started a multi author blog recently and I've been contacting other bloggers to contribute. Some have agreed to join as contributors, and others have given me permission to post stuff from their blogs. Whenever possible I would ask for a link too. I'm on twitter and gab (currently suspended on twitter due to trolling feminists after the election) but I'm thinking I'll get more traffic from links on other relevant blogs.

I'm thinking if I can get 2 or 3 posts per day, that should result in a pretty decent volume of content over time. I probably won't be writing much myself, at least for now. I like the idea of blogging, but I don't like the idea of everything hanging on my own writing, hence it's multi author.

Eventually I'd like to monetize it by promoting my books and a digital course that I've made, plus whatever else I may create in future, and have affiliate links and so on (udemy courses, amazon books, etc). All advertising would be relevant, good quality and non intrusive.

So are we talking 6 months? A couple of years? What's a reasonable time frame to build an amount of traffic that would make it monetizeable?

It depends on how good your content is and how useful it is to people.

Generally, writing something that pisses off feminists and cause the article to go viral will boost even your long-term traffic significantly.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - torridon747 - 12-08-2016

I run a small consulting/web business (programming is my original skillset). I get clients from all over but the best quality of them are local. I'm trying to increase my exposure and plan to do a marketing push after the new year.

If anyone has any technical questions or something programming wise they just can't figure out feel free to post here and i'll reply when i see it.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - roberto - 12-08-2016

Quote: (12-06-2016 08:49 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

I was watching Grant Cardone the other day (great guy by the way, high energy), and he was talking about lowering your tax burden.

"Everyone of you should be in MLM. Every person watching this broadcast should be a network marketer and have bought something Visalus, Market America, Amway, Primerica...you need to make the investment in a network marketing group so that you can earn the write-offs that come with it...I've never made any money in network marketing, but they've never cost me anything either...just the tax write-offs! The two things that I benefitted from network marketing are the tax-write offs and the people that i've met. The people are freakin' awesome cause they're all gathering to do the hustle."

Starts at 9:45

http://grantcardonetv.com/video/cardonez...t-million/

Questions

1. Is this possible, and is it worth it?
2. This means I'll have to itemize my taxes...will that help me even though the vast majority of my income is career salary?
3. Which MLM company would be best to get into?

I'm seriously considering this. If even just to get some products to give to people and network with some true hustlers.

It's like any form of business. You can claim back anything you like. The caveat is that it has to stand up to scrutiny if you get investigated... [Image: angel.gif]

So no, making a loss on Amway won't cut it when the Revenue look into your affairs. And if you're making a loss to write off tax, but not actually building a business, you want your head looking at in my book.

Personally I think MLM is total and utter bullshit. Granted, the only people I've known do is have been on the lower tiers. But that alone should tell you something- unless you start your own pyramid scheme (for that is simply what it is) the rewards are not worth the effort. Getting to meet real hustlers? Don't make me laugh.

Imagine starting off in Amway. Wow, I just need to get all these people selling under me, and I'll be raking it in. No you moron, you are one of those minions for someone else. [Image: wtf.jpg]

The profits from starting your own bona fide business might take a couple of years to start flowing, but they will massively and easily outstrip those that could be obtained from joining any existing MLM scheme. If you can sell, you can sell. Do it 100% for yourself, not those above you on the pyramid.

Another thing- anyone with a sheet of headed paper and some cash in their pocket can open an account at a wholesaler for the shit these MLMs sell. If you really wanna be a glorified grocer, do it that way and hire yourself a Granville....

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Off The Reservation - 12-08-2016

Quote: (12-08-2016 04:10 AM)roberto Wrote:  

Quote: (12-06-2016 08:49 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

I was watching Grant Cardone the other day (great guy by the way, high energy), and he was talking about lowering your tax burden.

"Everyone of you should be in MLM. Every person watching this broadcast should be a network marketer and have bought something Visalus, Market America, Amway, Primerica...you need to make the investment in a network marketing group so that you can earn the write-offs that come with it...I've never made any money in network marketing, but they've never cost me anything either...just the tax write-offs! The two things that I benefitted from network marketing are the tax-write offs and the people that i've met. The people are freakin' awesome cause they're all gathering to do the hustle."

Starts at 9:45

http://grantcardonetv.com/video/cardonez...t-million/

Questions

1. Is this possible, and is it worth it?
2. This means I'll have to itemize my taxes...will that help me even though the vast majority of my income is career salary?
3. Which MLM company would be best to get into?

I'm seriously considering this. If even just to get some products to give to people and network with some true hustlers.

It's like any form of business. You can claim back anything you like. The caveat is that it has to stand up to scrutiny if you get investigated... [Image: angel.gif]

So no, making a loss on Amway won't cut it when the Revenue look into your affairs. And if you're making a loss to write off tax, but not actually building a business, you want your head looking at in my book.

Personally I think MLM is total and utter bullshit. Granted, the only people I've known do is have been on the lower tiers. But that alone should tell you something- unless you start your own pyramid scheme (for that is simply what it is) the rewards are not worth the effort. Getting to meet real hustlers? Don't make me laugh.

Imagine starting off in Amway. Wow, I just need to get all these people selling under me, and I'll be raking it in. No you moron, you are one of those minions for someone else. [Image: wtf.jpg]

The profits from starting your own bona fide business might take a couple of years to start flowing, but they will massively and easily outstrip those that could be obtained from joining any existing MLM scheme. If you can sell, you can sell. Do it 100% for yourself, not those above you on the pyramid.

Another thing- anyone with a sheet of headed paper and some cash in their pocket can open an account at a wholesaler for the shit these MLMs sell. If you really wanna be a glorified grocer, do it that way and hire yourself a Granville....

This is excellent advice, and is the reason I would never get involved in an MLM. They are structured to keep you going after a carrot, but only the MLM and its first 3 founders wins.

Essentially when you sign up for a system like this its all based on emotion. This is why the industry always hires the most motivational speakers. They need to create a certain emotion in people and take advantage of a certain bittersweet combination of hope, pisitive motivation mixed with bitter jealousy and dissatisfaction in ones station. I have been to the meetings when I was younger. They are similair to the seminar sellers as well, where you go to one free and the crowd is worked over looking for peopke who would be willing to pay 4k for the next installment. There is no end, the next stop is 40k for the guru's second in command.

I also disagree with the proponents of mlm who claim you will learn from it. You will get no sense of satisfaction from the time lost and small amount of money lost in consuming your own mlm products, which is the demise that awaits you.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Irenicus - 12-08-2016

Quote: (12-08-2016 01:42 AM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

Ive recently started a eBay business/hustle exporting clothing from Europe to the US... Running fairly well (generally doubling my inital investment) Most of the items are used and under the $200 limit so have no problem getting through US customs but now im looking into selling items new with tags which will most likely cross the threshold and subject to fees.

Seems complicated as hell to calculate import fees. Since the profit margins will be signifcantly bigger on new items I am thinking about eating the import fee for my customer in order to also speed up times in customs. Im sure once they see import fees prepaid on a package they'll greenlight it right away.

I do the same thing (I sell both used and NWT high end clothing) on Ebay. Mine are way more expensive (some are $ 1000+ )

You can't really do much in that regard, except to mark the shipment as lower value item, in order to reduce import fees that your customer will have to pay.

And even if you could...why would you pay fees that your customer is obliged? Nobody does that on Ebay, from what I have seen.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - TooFineAPoint - 12-08-2016

Quote: (12-07-2016 01:49 PM)Mr Johnny Montoya Wrote:  

If you want an alternative to the "post multiple times per day and the traffic will come to you" blog concept, check out Brian Dean (Backlinko guy). He just did a series on his theory that it's better to post infrequently, but with huge articles of super high value that sort of corner a specific market.

He also made the point that Google may be weighing that more heavily than site updates.

It seems to me that even 5 years ago we used to urge all our website clients to update as much as possible (especially on the Home page). Now that kind of activity may be better suited to social media.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Ivanis - 12-09-2016

I have a business idea, and it requires clients to trust you a lot. I have ran into a problem in relation to marketing, I can't do anything "cold" because no one is going to trust a man they just saw on a piece of paper or in a note in the mail. I need to make an impression on the clients because I am sure they are harassed by others like me. The clientele I am after is of the top 1%, and I will not be able to talk to them in person either, due to security, etc. I am planning to run a one-man, location independent operation in the luxury travel industry.

Any ideas as relating to contacting and developing a level of trust with clients?

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - LikeABaller - 12-09-2016

Quote: (12-09-2016 05:20 PM)Ivanis Wrote:  

I have a business idea, and it requires clients to trust you a lot. I have ran into a problem in relation to marketing, I can't do anything "cold" because no one is going to trust a man they just saw on a piece of paper. The clientele I am after is of the top 1%, and I will not be able to talk to them in person either. I am planning to run a one-man operation in the luxury travel industry.

Any ideas as relating to contacting and developing a level of trust with clients?

I'll give you some solid advice but my method won't help you succeed overnight. It will take time. and a lot of effort.

You need to enter politics. Politics is the best way you can become tight with the top 2%.

Say you are in the United States, join the Republican party. Be involved in a lot of events. Try to snap up a decent post. Forget career clubs or other bullshit like that, politics is the best way you can build your network.

I see a lot of people in this forum have a political opinion, but how many percent of them are actually involved in the process? A lot of talent is getting wasted here . I've been lurking here for 4-5 months and decided to register after open registration day was announced.

I thought people in the Trump topic were being delusional as fuck, but he got elected. I gained a lot of respect for the people here after Trump was elected, because all the odds were tilted against them . But they kept believing he would win even at times when the polling results were at an all time low. Heck on election night I was on Betfair watching the live odds, at one time it gave 1 to 15 for a Trump presidency, THİS WAS ON ELECTİON night.

I got to find out about this place from Cernovichs blog, and he started writing here 3-4 years ago I believe. This forum has produced a lot of gems, I'm sure it has potential to produce more.

The only way individuals like us can have posts which will give them position of power is through politics. Politics is everything, with solid connections you can help likeminded individuals get into important places.

I myself am involved in politics in my home country. I'm even in whatsapp groups with some members of parliament.

Since you have a business idea which will target the top 1% then political connections are a must for people like you. Helps build credibility.

My 2c.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - AneroidOcean - 12-10-2016

One of my contractors didn't show up today.

Stepped in and did all their tasks.

More profit for the company, one less unreliable contractor in the system.

Fuck 'em!

Used charm/game to minimize our hours worked in general and convinced the areas security to let us do something against the rules so we could avoid a maze of nonsense. Got waited on hand and foot by another business' staff because I gamed her.

Sleep, then more tomorrow.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Il Bersagliere - 12-12-2016

Slowly switching over from these gay ass PayPal/BTC processors and inching towards collecting actual invoice payments. On one hand, my conversions are all over the place.

On the other hand, people will have more respect for my business overtime and I can start dealing with mediating my own payments without having some stupid shill 3rd party hold my money half the time.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Off The Reservation - 12-13-2016

Quote: (12-12-2016 08:09 PM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

Slowly switching over from these gay ass PayPal/BTC processors and inching towards collecting actual invoice payments. On one hand, my conversions are all over the place.

On the other hand, people will have more respect for my business overtime and I can start dealing with mediating my own payments without having some stupid shill 3rd party hold my money half the time.

Control the Variables.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - kirdiesel - 12-13-2016

Quote: (12-08-2016 01:29 PM)Irenicus Wrote:  

I do the same thing (I sell both used and NWT high end clothing) on Ebay. Mine are way more expensive (some are $ 1000+ )

You can't really do much in that regard, except to mark the shipment as lower value item, in order to reduce import fees that your customer will have to pay.

And even if you could...why would you pay fees that your customer is obliged? Nobody does that on Ebay, from what I have seen.

Is it going well for you? Are you making good revenue/margins?

I just started out so im trying to work out all the bugs so far.

So far I got my shipping costs down to a minimum. Now im trying to solve the inventory issue but so far so good.

God the eBay and Paypal fees are murder... It hurts seeing how much money you lose per month. Pay to play I guess

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Irenicus - 12-13-2016

Quote: (12-13-2016 04:43 AM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

So far I got my shipping costs down to a minimum. Now im trying to solve the inventory issue but so far so good.

God the eBay and Paypal fees are murder... It hurts seeing how much money you lose per month. Pay to play I guess

It goes well so far. Unfortunately, I do not earn enough to make a living, but that is expected, considering that I have started this year.

But I learn and improve everyday, so I am sure I am going to make it.

What do you mean inventory issue? You do not have reliable sources or?

And like you, I really hate the fees as well. Whether we like it or not, Ebay is the most popular site (tried Bonanza, it sucks!), and I do not wonder why they behave like assholes. They can afford that behavior.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Zanardi - 12-13-2016

I am thinking of creating classes for Udemy, starting January 2017. For now, just for fun and to gain new reference experiences. I will let you know how it goes.

Of course, any opinions are welcomed.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - kirdiesel - 12-13-2016

Quote: (12-13-2016 11:38 AM)Irenicus Wrote:  

It goes well so far. Unfortunately, I do not earn enough to make a living, but that is expected, considering that I have started this year.

And like you, I really hate the fees as well. Whether we like it or not, Ebay is the most popular site (tried Bonanza, it sucks!), and I do not wonder why they behave like assholes. They can afford that behavior.

Well its not easy to get product at a low of price consistently to make sense to flip it in the US.

I think I am not doing too bad.. I dont think I can earn enough to live off of it for quite a while but if I can get up to selling about 30 items or so per month I can live comfortably while working my day hustle.

Ultimately id like to hire someone (A student) to do all this for me and just bring the inventory to them.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Irenicus - 12-13-2016

Quote: (12-13-2016 12:53 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

Well its not easy to get product at a low of price consistently to make sense to flip it in the US.

I think I am not doing too bad.. I dont think I can earn enough to live off of it for quite a while but if I can get up to selling about 30 items or so per month I can live comfortably while working my day hustle.

Ultimately id like to hire someone (A student) to do all this for me and just bring the inventory to them.

Selling 30 items a months is very hard to achieve, especially of you are a newbie (less than 50 points, from what I have been told). People will trust you less, and will be little bit uneasy. I do not want to discourage you, I am just saying what I have experienced.

For example, my main problem is that people simply do not bother leaving feedback! They do not even respond to my messages, in which I ask if everything is OK with their item.

I do not why is that, but I am not going to lie...it hurts me as a seller.

Speaking of my sources, I get most of my items by sniping. This is the hardest method, because I have to do a lot of research beforehand and wake in the middle of the night sometimes.

Quote: (12-13-2016 01:03 PM)Irenicus Wrote:  

Quote: (12-13-2016 12:53 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

Selling 30 items a months is very hard to achieve, especially of you are a newbie (less than 50 points, from what I have been told). People will trust you less, and will be little bit uneasy. I do not want to discourage you, I am just saying what I have experienced.

For example, my main problem is that people simply do not bother leaving feedback! They do not even respond to my messages, in which I ask if everything is OK with their item.

I do not why is that, but I am not going to lie...it hurts me as a seller.

Speaking of my sources, I get most of my items by sniping. This is the hardest method, because I have to do a lot of research beforehand and wake in the middle of the night sometimes.

I have 101 sales or transactions (built it up over the years) and have a blue star so hopefully thats enough. I mean everything I put up sells. Ive only lost money on 1 transactions so its ok.

I am sourcing items from all over Europe and where ever I can find them. I am thinking about going to outlet stores and seeing what else I can find.

I just don't have the investment capital at the moment. I should have it by the end of the month and will try and ramp up to 30 a month.

People are really not leaving feedback.. it is really annoying!

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - Irenicus - 12-15-2016

101 is excellent. You are a few light years ahead of me (24 points here!).

I started selling with 0 points. And I had $500 limit. Man...that was hard!

You tried sourcing from the outlet city in Metzingen?

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - kirdiesel - 12-15-2016

Quote: (12-15-2016 01:28 PM)Irenicus Wrote:  

101 is excellent. You are a few light years ahead of me (24 points here!).

I started selling with 0 points. And I had $500 limit. Man...that was hard!

You tried sourcing from the outlet city in Metzingen?

I haven't tried that just yet.

Ive been on eBay off and on since 2004 so thats why im at 101 with 100% feedback.

Hopefully I can reach Power Seller status by March next year. Thank god so far I haven't had a problem.

I watched a 2 hour presentation about eBay last night on their channel on Youtube and it was pretty helpful...

You have to sell $20,000 (revenue) AND have at least 200 transactions before Paypal will inform the IRS about how much you are making but I think I'm gonna hit that next year if this keeps up... Gonna have to be careful.

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge - redbeard - 12-15-2016

Quote: (12-15-2016 03:38 PM)kirdiesel Wrote:  

You have to sell $20,000 (revenue) AND have at least 200 transactions before Paypal will inform the IRS about how much you are making but I think I'm gonna hit that next year if this keeps up... Gonna have to be careful.

Citation?

Just for eBay, or is this general paypal?