Roosh V Forum
Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back (/thread-54289.html)

Pages: 1 2

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Jones - 03-06-2016

Zootopia could easily be dismissed as another popular Disney movie for children, similar to recent hit movies Frozen and Big Hero 6. Zootopia's plot centres around talking animals who have formed a society much like our own.

*Spolier warning, in case any of you really want to see this movie. Someone has to report the news, so figure I'd take one for the team*

We have a female rabbit protagonist, Judy, played by a Jewish actress, Ginnifer Goodwin.

[Image: Ginnifer-Goodwin.jpg]

Pixie cut, turning 38, WNB.

Judy doesn't want to settle down and start a family in her town and have lots of children (this is brought up more than a couple times throughout the movie, regarding the rabid multiplication of rabbit births), rather, she wants to pursue a career as a police officer. Everyone else says she cannot do that because she is a rabbit and they are too small (re: female).

[Image: bw814cop-350.jpg]

Judy miraculously does this anyway despite being 1/10th the size of her peers and graduates the top of her class. She resents and rejects being called, "cute" by anyone who is not a rabbit as this is, "stereotypical" and, "prejudicial" because she is a rabbit. She rejects a compliment because it apparently gets in the way of people's perception of her job performance. Judy is entirely fanatical about her job and really believes in herself, and if you believe in yourself, you can be anything you want to be. A cliche that the movie actually has, nearly word for word, as one of it's central themes.

Speaking of job performance, she does a bang-up job as a meter-maid before getting involved in a missing animal case with her friend, a fox named Nick. Nick is a criminal (tax evasion) and they team-up to solve the case with Nick helping her out and doing most of the work on the case for her. He eventually becomes a police officer himself, as he out-performs Judy in her role which she acknowledges and even cries to him at one point for his help.

[Image: islam-violent-cartoon-brookins.jpg?w=549]

The plot thickens as predators are reverting back to their natural predatory ways. Therefore, the 10% of Zootopia's population is now feared by the majority population, the formerly hunted prey. People are shown to be (rightly) fearful of predators because they may attempt to kill random people, but we later find out its due to a flower than gives them rabies. We even get a celebrity on the news talking about how she misses her culturally diverse city that is understanding and respecting of people's differences. This is multiculturalism supporting and Islamophobia shaming propaganda in a kids movie.

The Fox and the Hare save the day, and end up as two police officers that are in love and working together as partners. I'm not sure how they'll have children, but I guess that's the point of the movie: Just be happy that you're making the world a better place and not having lots of children and living on a farm with a bunch of hick country folks!

I hope you were filling out your cultural narrative bingo cards, cause feminism, multiculturalism, celebrity worship, censorship, are all here. I'm surprised there wasn't any mention of the LGBT or climate change.

[Image: Screen-shot-2013-12-13-at-1.14.06-PM.jpg]

Zootopia has a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes as of writing, and is likely to make hundreds of millions. It does have a few laughs, and looks pretty good as well. Regular people, not just critics, love this movie, but all I saw was a Democratic propaganda film aimed at shaping the minds of children.

TL;DR: Zootopia is, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" as animated social justice, feminist propaganda for children. The narrative is typical of the modern media : feminized, multi-cultural, censorship, peaceful acceptance & understanding, fascism that we see pushed on a daily basis.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 03-06-2016

Once you've seen behind the curtain, it's hard to unsee. Based on your description, this sounds like absolutely shameless, unsubtle SJW propaganda being shoved down people's throats. However, given the high ratings from viewers and reviewers, apparently all the sheep are so completely programmed that they consider this a warm, feel-good story about everything that is good and right.

It's a fucked up world we're living in. It's like the picture of Bruce Jenner in the Hollywood Cuties thread. I've seen it before, but it struck me today how wrong and completely insane it is to have an old man dressed up to pretend he is a woman, and having everybody else agree that it's so. I'm having to adjust to the fact that this will be a constant reality for many years, until the collapse, or at least until the cultural wheel turns again.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Grodin - 03-06-2016

Off topic but who else remembers Fern Gully? That movie was way ahead of it's time indoctrinating children with emotional political propaganda. I was old enough to see through the intellectual implications but the emotional arguments were still effective.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - NilNisiOptimum - 03-06-2016

If it's not Wreck-It Ralph or The Incredibles, I'm not interested in taking my kids to another Disney or Pixar movie. And even then, I'm sure they'll find a way to screw it up.

The Incredibles is probably the most neomasculine/red pill friendly movie for kids. The Supers are Supers, and even when the government tries to suppress them, they still want to do what's right. Yes, Elastigirl tries to keep Mr Incredible from fighting crime again, but he does it anyway.

As for Wreck-It Ralph, I'll be honest when I say I don't know why exactly the plot speaks to me, but it does. And it la more than just the video game references.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - CynicalContrarian - 03-07-2016

If chicks think they can "have it all".
They'll only hurt themselves the most.

To paraphrase what someone else said here (if I recall correctly) - "Mother Nature is a bitch & Father Time has an undefeated record".

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - rw95 - 03-07-2016

I had no intention of seeing this anyway, as I hate that traditional hand-drawn animation has been replaced by CGI. This is just icing on the cake.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Canopus - 03-07-2016

OP, I learned within five minutes of reading your post that this is one of those movies you should never enter into Google Image Search.

Fucking hell, internet...

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - HermeticAlly - 03-07-2016

Thanks for writing this, I love animation and it's good to know that I can skip this propaganda-infested tripe without wasting ten bucks, ninety minutes of my life, and getting anger and disappointment in return.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - The Laughing Man - 03-07-2016

After I saw the travesty, The Force Awakens, it occured to me what a goldmine that Disney had locked into to even further push their propaganda. They didn't even have to come up with an original story, just regurgitate a story already told, masked in Star Wars to further their agenda. These people are fucking crazy. Like @RoastBeefCurtains said, once you see behind the curtain...

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - kbell - 03-07-2016

This teaser is amazing though. Great scene which is just long enough to get the point across. It would be difficult to do hand drawn animation because of how slow the sloths move.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Jones - 03-07-2016

Yes, the scene with the sloths above got the biggest reaction from the audience. It's the standout scene of the film, albeit the background music is removed from the actual scene in the movie.

Whenever they had animals act and behave like their real life animal counterparts, the movie displayed all its possibilities. The problem was that this was mostly hidden underneath the narrative of our central characters and the morals it preaches.

Thanks for sharing that scene, as anyone who watches just the trailer will not be missing out on much else.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - TigerMandingo - 03-07-2016

At first I thought maybe OP was exaggerating or being slightly paranoid. But holy shit, if you go on Rotten Tomatoes the critics are jizzing their pants over the movie's message of "tolerance" and its "anti-racist" subtext.

Amazing. What's more amazing is the fact that all of these pieces of shit probably live in 90% white neighborhoods where they are from the very diversity they preach about.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Nonpareil - 03-07-2016

I saw TONS of commercials for this when I was at home (that's the way they launch movies now - two commercials every break and constant radio airplay, overexposure, CONSTANT STIMULATION AT ALL TIMES!) and my thoughts were:

- It's going to make a boatload of money (over-under on 800 million? Over, maybe even a billion).
- ...AND when it does, sequels will be greenlit. This is how it works now - even if it's a piece of shit, as long as it doubles it's budget, automatic sequel with diminishing returns guaranteed. This movie will double its budget in a month.
- It's got that obnoxious 'colour splash' style of animation, 'How do we make this 'pop'? MORE COLORS!'. Why is this? It might have something to do with today's young parents being the first group that was raised on Ritalin and the Internet so they're dumber with shorter attention spans - a story is too complex, we need images! I too miss the classic hand-drawn animation of Disney movies past.
- As soon as Disney sold their soul (again) and made Cars because they knew it'd be a goldmine in toys and merchandise (even like ten years later, Cars merchandise is hot, my 4 year old nephew worships Cars), their movies have been steeply declining in quality at the expense of 'the message'.
- This is how you create social justice warriors - hit them with this when they're young.
- If I had a kid I would take them to see this movie if they repeatedly pestered me, but I would not own many Disney movies in my house (maybe old-school classics like Pinocchio, Bambi an Snow White). You guys who say 'Oh I'd NEVER take my kid to see this crap!' are better men than me. How annoying are kids when they're constantly pestering you? Imagine you work for a foreign company in Manila, Medellin or Odessa and your boss one day says 'We've added a new member to your team!' and in walks a fat American radical feminist covered in tattoos and within minutes she's talking about the necessity of Black Lives Matter, Microaggressions and Manspalining...about that annoying. I would grudgingly take my kid to see this were they being so annoying, but then I'd hit them with some PG-rated Real Talk® on the way home ('Honey...the fox eats the rabbit...').

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Raitheon - 03-08-2016

It's important to clarify.

In my opinion, there is no right and no left. They are artificial constructs given to us from the social engineers. We are being tricked with a false paradigm, this paradigm provides "cover", or plausible deniability, for the establishment. In essence, the worst parts of the right and left are the true goals of the establishment.

The left is part of the system, the same way the right is and the establishment system needs both of them, Hollywood is part of the establishment. Hollywood promotes war when the right needs it to, and promotes feminism when the left needs it to.

Hollywood is the propaganda arm of the establishment.

Normally I wouldn't really even care that much that there are a few social justice ideas in a movie, but it bothers me when a movie like Zootopia, come out and is blatantly guilting me about my race, something I can't control, I'm going to punch back.

The Failed Ideology

It never really occurred to me until I began to really think about Zootopia that, the establishment left knows their ideology is a failure.

Quote:Quote:

"Propaganda tries to force a doctrine on the whole people... Propaganda works on the general public from the standpoint of an idea and makes them ripe for the victory of this idea." --Adolf Hitler

The establishment left's ideas are so empty, so hollow, so big a fraud, that then need recruitment movies, disguised as family friendly films, in order to appear culturally relevant. Historically speaking, you don't make propaganda movies because you know you are standing on solid ground, you do it because you need to constantly bombard the minds of your victims/enemies/citizens to ensure no unsanitized thoughts creeps in.

Zootopia is not a milestone of dynamic storytelling, it's a millstone around the neck of the establishment leftist social justice engineers. Zootopia doesn't just show us the "correct way to think" it goes even further, demonizing the average american as dumb, unambitious, complacent and deserving of anything the globalists have waiting for us in the future.

The protagonist's father says it best in the first 5 minutes of the film; "Ever wonder how your mom and me ever got so darned happy? We gave up on our dreams, and we settled." The father goes on to say, "See, that's the beauty of complacency, if you don't try anything new, you will never fail."

[Image: 635811946332136568-XXX-ZOOT-ROLLOUT-BONN...718-1-.jpg]
Subtle message: farmers are failures because they don't have what it takes to live in the city; hence, farmers don't matter.

Do As I Say...

Zootopia centers around two main characters, the plucky, can-do bunny that want's to achieve the impossible dream of being a police officer, and the street-smart fox that hustles his way through life. At one time predators and prey did not get along, but with the (correct) forward thinking of Zootopia, all animals can get along despite their differences.

Speaking of differences, Disney really goes out of their way to show that white people are either bad or dumb. It's laid on pretty thick. The main predators are voiced by whites, the dumb country hicks are voiced by whites and the bad-guys are voiced by whites. Any character voiced by a minority is some kind of "cool" character.

[Image: Zoo-characters.jpg]
As long as all the black people are cool and hip, everyone will ignore the ratio of 2:1, white to black.

This is amazingly offensive.

It infers that a "person of color" isn't interesting beyond their surface. It implies blacks are two dimensional and only contribute to worldly, superficial aspects of our society. Social Justice Warriors commonly say "people of color have a rich and diverse culture" yet, when they represent any different cultures in Hollywood, the "rich culture" ends up being little more than a punchline.

I don't care if diversity is reflected in Hollywood.

I grew up in the 80's where ethnicity was never accurately represented in fictional movies. Ninja movies usually had Japanese, Korean and Chinese actors all pretending to be Japanese. My world view isn't so fragile that I shake in a fetal position at night, sucking my thumb because the guy that played "American Ninja" was actually a Russian from Quebec.

The people that made Zootopia, are using Zootopia, to lecture white people on how they should properly interact with every other culture out there; yet it's the people that made Zootopia, that crap all over every race imaginable. The black voices are the dark/brown animals, the latino voices are the sexy pop-star animals, the white voices are still the lead characters. This is the very behavior that this movie condemns with it's repeated mantra of "living in harmony" and "everyone has opportunity", unless you are auditioning to voice a character in Zootopia.

These stereotypes are so offensive I don't know how everyone missed it. Not a single article about just how racist Zootopia is, if anything, it's being hailed as the opposite.

Zootopia is however, an excellent example of, "do as I say, not as I do". A white guy (Walt Disney) creates a billion dollar company, the company hires white guys to make a movie about how all races should get along to make the world better, then casts "minority" voices as positive, affirming, background adjuvants. The white guys then cash their massive paychecks and retire for the night in their gated community compounds, guilt free and safely away from the neighborhoods where the "background adjuvants" live, while everyone smiles and feels good about the "global community" propaganda message they have been blasted with.

[Image: zootopia-makers.jpg]
Their vision of a better world involves them staying very wealthy and you obeying them.

The Predator Metaphor

African Americans being portrayed as predators, is in it's self, insultingly racist. It implies that blacks are violent, can't control their tempers and basically wild animals. The creators of Zootopia could just have easily made the prey animals the underclass for the purposes of storytelling, they chose to make the predators symbolize African Americans.

It's not very subtle that predators, and the discrimination that predators experience, is a metaphor for other disenfranchised groups too,including gays and transexuals.

The elephant ice cream store tells the predator fox he has the "right to refuse service" to anyone.
Kids were mean to the fox because he was a predator and didn't let him into their club, they attack and muzzled him.
The reason the predators are untrustworthy is because of biology (eugenics).
The prey class (white people) are all racist, even though some might not mean to be.

[image removed because of size]
The adorable Fennec fox adult, pretending to be a child, pretending to want to be an elephant. Yeah, it's actually a transgender metaphors and if it didn't make sense, it's because you are blinded by hate.

Zootopia could have been a great vehicle for an anti-racist message, the problem is, it's so heavy handed with all of it's talking points that it becomes distracting and impossible to enjoy. There are very few interactions between any of the characters that don't have some kind of establishment leftist ideology/lesson behind it. The trouble is, the situations are an imagined fiction, not based in reality. America does not have "whites only" businesses despite blacks being told to buy from black only business; which (I actually support), so the elephant ice cream parlor scene is not really relatable. To the average SJW out there, they will nod in agreement with a thin smile, happy that white people are getting "exposed" as the racist jerks they truly are.

Over and over again, the movie is rife with imagined accounts of race issues, "reflecting" reality, that are translated into a fictional movie, thus giving the audience the idea, that racism is an actual problem in reality. Why wouldn't it be a real problem? It's being brought to my attention in a major Hollywood multi-million dollar extravaganza! They wouldn't spend that much money on something if it wasn't true, would they?

It's all a fraud, distorting reality with fictional metaphors.

Zootopia also uses predators as a metaphor for the domestication of the male.

Essentially, the only way all the animals can get along with each other, and the only way the society can function if predators suppress their instincts, and go along to get along.

Translation: Men need to give into feminism. Our society can not function if men cling to primitive gender identity roles. Men need to move forward with the times, put away antiquated nonsense and become the docile, neutered, domesticated future.

The Establishment Narrative

Zootopia is a boregasm of establishment propaganda using the well-meaning left as cover.

Limiting words to exclusive groups

Here is a short list of SJW mandates.

Female lead character is better than all the males, graduates top in her class.
Everyone knows that rabbits can't be cops, if it wasn't for the Mayor's "mammal inclusion initiative" the main character would have never been a cop.
Farmers are fearful, bigoted, racist hate mongers.
A bunny can call another bunny "cute", but when other animals do it, it's offensive.
The bunny cop writes herself a ticket too, thus legitimizing the power structure and parking tickets as valid violations, not additional taxes levied against the people.
The bunny compliments the (minority) fox as being a "real articulate fella", which, in context to the events in the film, actually makes no sense.
The bunny encourages the baby fox to live his dream and be an elephant when he grows up because "this is Zootopia, anyone can be anything". Foxes can become elephants, if they want to.
The Fox character claims zero taxable income, he gets threatened with tax evasion.
Introduces sexual alternative lifestyle of nudism.
It's not illegal when the police do it.
Normalizing the complete and total surveillance society so it's never questioned.

The normal surveillance grid

Zootopia comes off as preachy, insipid and attempts to do what all social justice warriors do, install themselves as the social referee. It's not enough for the left to tell you what you are doing wrong, they need to call you out on it, penalize you for it and let you know what is allowable in the future.

Zootopia has taken from the playbook of Hitler when he said,

"He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future."

--Adolph Hitler

[Image: 69561.jpg]
German children read an anti-Jewish propaganda book titled DER GIFTPILZ ( "The Poisonous Mushroom"). The girl on the left holds a companion volume, the translated title of which is "Trust No Fox." Germany, ca. 1938. — Stadtarchiv Nürnberg

The Establishment Creates Racism

I really didn't think there was that big of a race problem in this country six years ago. I thought it basically worked it's self out. Sure, there were some people here and there that were racist, but I always just thought of them as assholes to avoid rather than someone that needed to be stomped out.

The definition of racism changed from: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

To: “In the United States at present, only whites can be racists, since whites dominate and control the institutions that create and enforce American cultural norms and values . . . blacks and other Third World peoples do not have access to the power to enforce any prejudices they may have, so they cannot, by definition, be racists.”

You see? Racism is caused by white people. As long as white people exist, then racism will exist. This new racism is, by the original definition, racist.

We have a moral obligation to expose this fraudulent version of racism for what it is, authoritarianism.

Redefining language is part of the base platform of Marxism. All tyrannical societies always attack language and redefine it. George Orwell showed us as much in his master-work 1984.

By manipulating the language, the government wishes to alter the public’s way of thinking. This can be done, psychologists theorise, because the words that are available for the purpose of communicating thought tend to influence the way people think. The linguist Benjamin Lee Whorf was a firm believer in this link between thought and language, and he theorized that “different languages impose different conceptions of reality” (Myers 352).

So when words that describe a particular thought are completely absent from a language, that thought becomes more difficult to think of and communicate. For the Inner Party, the goal is to impose an orthodox reality and make heretical thought (‘thoughtcrime’) impossible. “In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,” explains the Newspeak engineer, “because there will be no words in which to express it”

Racism is a tool of the establishment designed to limit thought, limit discourse and limit ideas. By making every discussion about race, except the only "approved discussion" (only whites are racist) taboo, it is possible to limit thought. The individual simply won't be able to think outside of anything but the "approved discussion", which already has the "correct" conclusions built into it.

This is, at it's very core, authoritarianism.

It is my opining that the establishment left has redefined racism as a means to create a permanent underclass. The left only has any kind of perceived power as long as there are people that will always need them to fight their battles for them. As a friend once said, "they push you down with one hand only to offer you the other to help you up."

Hammering society with propaganda laced films like Zootopia will slowly have the opposite effect. People are going to get tired of the idea of taking their wife and three kids to the movies, and spending $60.00, only to be propagandized, wether they agree with it or not. Nobody likes being lectured to by a bunch of self appointed morally superior snobs.

In the end, everyone getting along, despite racial and cultural differences, is definitely sold as being utopia.

But like all utopias, there is never any room for those that don't agree, and there are always "re-education facilities" for those that don't agree.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Emancipator - 03-08-2016

Jesus, this movie is going to create a whole new generation of furries.

God help us all

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - King of Monkeys - 03-08-2016

Quote: (03-07-2016 06:44 PM)HermeticAlly Wrote:  

Thanks for writing this, I love animation and it's good to know that I can skip this propaganda-infested tripe without wasting ten bucks, ninety minutes of my life, and getting anger and disappointment in return.

Are you serious? Ten bucks for a ticket? I'm glad I don't go to the movies as much anymore besides the drive-in.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Jones - 03-08-2016

As a reply to Raitheon:

I like starting a thread and reading what other people write; you start a conversation and evoke a response from other people then see where the discussion goes. In your case, it appears you could have been the OP of this thread instead of me!

Interesting how you took the predator to be African-Americans, whereas I interpreted it to be of Islam (terrorist attacks have everyone afraid of Muslims). Also, I see how one would say the elephant is a transgender metaphor, but I look at the picture of the Fennec Fox in the elephant suit and I see a niqab, a burka, for you can only see the eyes of the suit and the rest of the body is covered.

I will say this though: the film is centred around a female police officer and an initial, "shady" character. He could be interpreted as a black man hustling to use the system to his advantage, thus highlighting the perceptions we see pushed in the media of the relationship between the police force and African-Americans.

The Fennec Fox character is played by a black man, Tom Lister Jr. So, would he be a Cool Hustler?

In case anyone can't get to sleep at night, the American Ninja protagonist is a born and raised American. His father is Russian and his mother is from Quebec.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Raitheon - 03-08-2016

@ Jones: I got carried away, please accept my apology.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - christpuncher - 03-08-2016

Ill be skipping this one, thanks. Already pissed that i gave my money to disney to see Star Wars. Should have just waited for the torrent.

I miss the finding nemo and prior Disney days...the last good Pixar/Disney movie in my opinion.

The first female fish, the mom, is caring, sweet, and loves her kids so much and is so hysterical she ends up dying protecting her kids. Of course, she wouldn't have died at all if she had simply obeyed the commands of her husband...

The second fish, Dory, is the ultimate neurotic, spastic, forgetful female character. It is apparent that without the help of thirsty men fish (because she's a pretty, thin, blue fish) she would have been dead and eaten long ago.

The only other female characters are some fish in the dentist's tank, and all they do is lounge around while the men fish do all the thinking and working to come up with their escape plans back to the ocean.

If only the main male character, Nemo's dad, wasnt a giant pussy and more manplly, it would be a 10/10 family movie to instill good family and patriarchal values in kids. Although, for adults, the dad character could be a good example of a beta husband who has to overcome trauma, man up, stop being a coward, and save his son. So there's a pretty good message to the adult men watching too that a modern husband can relate with.

I wonder if finding Dory, the sequel and next big Disney blockbuster coming out this summer, will be even 1/10th of the original...

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Silver_Tube - 03-08-2016

I saw it for the sloth preview. I thought there were funny parts but it didn't seem as awful to me as the analysis here suggests, then again I never notice the propaganda.

Don't read the next paragraph if you don't want me to spoil the stupid movie:

[spoiler]A bunny wanted to be a cop instead of a carrot farmer, everyone doubted her, so she was motivated by spite to do it. She goes to the big city and despite all odds makes it into the force. Animals are all missing, they happen to be predator type animals. She butts into the investigation to find one, discovers that he went 'savage' before disappearing. She follows a few leads and finds the missing animals all caged up and still in savage mode. The press ask her why they animals are freaking out and she says its in their dna. The whole town gets hysterical and racist against predator creatures. She later discovers that a flower causes the savagery. She returns to the city to reveal this fact only to discover that the government knew about it and were shooting animals with the predator drug on purpose because they wanted to create a predator free paradise. She foils the plot, lessons are learned about not judging predators, all the fuzzy animals are happy again.[/spoiler]

Honestly I thought the whole 'don't be so quick to demonize predators' half of the story was a point in our favor.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Elster - 03-08-2016

Ditto on the furry comment

(if you miss your lunch,go over to deviant art and hit any random work featuring animal looking things,the only ting funnier than the art itself are the texts and comments)

As for the premise,sure!
Teach the kids that wolves and lambs can be all happy and together and sharing a table in starbucks sipping vegan drinks...

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - JacksonRev - 03-08-2016

Don't worry, we still have Angry Birds.

[Image: QvuJ99d.jpg]

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Jones - 03-08-2016

Angry Birds:

It's all there. As much as I think things like the colours of the birds and pigs are all a big coincidence when it was originally conceived as a game, the story of the movie does seem inspired by real life events unfolding in Germany.

That analogy is damn impressive.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - RoastBeefCurtains4Me - 03-27-2016

Saw a new take on this movie from an SJW. It's amazing how they spin it, but they would think the OP's analysis is just as far out. I think the OP is dead on, by the way.

In the comments, they tear the writer up, but the alternate meanings they put forward are no better. Amazing how nobody sees the message in this movie for what it is.

http://daily-iowan.com/2016/03/23/racist...ney-films/

For many of our generation, Disney movies have been the classics that have contributed to our childhood nostalgia.

The newer films released by Disney do not seem to inspire the same feeling of nostalgia as before. In fact, the morals ingrained in them do not seem to make sense. In the time in which everything is looked at with a microscope, it seems that Disney tried to pull a fast one with Zootopia.

Zootopia is a film about a young rabbit, Judy Hopps, and her dream to join the police force in the world populated by anthropomorphic mammals. Judy is denied a high position in the police force and is assigned meter-maid duty. All animals are bipedal regardless of their species. The animals that are usually prey in the animal kingdom are the dominant force and look down upon the predators. Throughout the whole world of Zootopia, the predators are bullied by the prey, and this is an amazing shift from reality. There is a strange occurrence happening in the film that involves many predators disappearing and going “savage.” Going savage includes going back to their natural state, which means going back on all fours and attacking prey.

I believe the message present in the film is an allegory to the current status of the white population in contemporary society. The majority of the people who were involved in the writing of this film were white. This aligns with my idea of the allegory present in the movie. The prey are akin to minorities of the world, in the way that they get preyed on by the predators, which are white people.

In the real world, this can be proved by the many killings of innocent minorities without any legal action taken. Many people know of the power that white America has over the country. Representation in media and other outlets is mainly whitewashed, and it is difficult to find accurate portrayals of minorities.

The United States was in fact stolen from the Native Americans. I think this movie is a call to arms for the dominant group of the world (white people) to take control of what was supposedly theirs. This is not the message that Disney should be either subconsciously or consciously inserting into its films, even though there is a sordid history with the messages present in their past films.

The depictions of minorities in Disney’s movies have always been lacking. In the Princess and the Frog, the “princess” protagonist is portrayed as a lowly frog for the majority of the movie. In Aladdin, Middle Easterners are portrayed as “barbaric” in the movie’s opening song. That the minorities are prey is similar to the way that minorities have always been portrayed: as weak.

Disney needs to be more careful with the message it sends in its movies. Children are impressionable, and people such as me with younger family members will watch these movies and realize that there is apparent racism in the films. Disney needs to diversify its writing team to allow for an equal and accurate representation of minorities in the world.

Zootopia: Disney Strikes Back - Leonard D Neubache - 03-27-2016

Judy is entirely fanatical about her job and really believes in herself, and if you believe in yourself, you can be anything you want to be.

It's true, you can be anything you want to be, if you give it 100 percent and rely on just a teensy tiny bit of help from your friend "affirmative action".

As for the typical bullshit where they run down farmers as dumb hicks with no ambition, that shit is starting to get on my nerves.

Most farmers I know are about ten times as smart and resourceful as the average suburbanite.