Roosh V Forum
Trump on the FED - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Politics (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-8.html)
+---- Thread: Trump on the FED (/thread-53455.html)

Pages: 1 2

Trump on the FED - Samseau - 02-01-2016

From 2012:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/13...82256.html

Donald Trump: Federal Reserve 'Creating Phony Numbers'

Quote:Quote:

“They’re creating phony numbers and they’re doing it through stimulus and the stimulus many people would say is the worst thing that can happen,” Donald Trump told a fawning Maria Bartiromo on CNBC Thursday. (Bartiromo called him a "genius.")

The Donald went on to say that the Fed’s decision will cause the dollar to lose value and “inflation to start rearing it’s ugly head.”

The Fed announced Thursday that it would start a new round of bond buying and leave short-term interest rates near zero until mid-2015 -- a year longer than the central bank previously announced -- in an aggressive move aimed at combating high unemployment and slow economic growth. Stocks soared following the announcement.

Fed chairman Ben Bernanke told reporters: "I don't think it's a panacea. I don't think it's going to solve the problem, but I do think it's going to have enough force to move the economy in the right direction."

Others -- some Republicans and other notorious Fed-haters -- are less convinced. The new program will be the Fed’s third round of this type of stimulus, known as quantitative easing, and some have questioned its efficacy.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney called the move "artificial and ineffective" in a statement after the Fed’s announcement. Congressman Ron Paul, who’s been an outspoken critic of the Fed, said the central bank’s announcement shows its “disastrous detachment from reality,” according to WorldNetWeekly.

It seems the Donald agrees.

“The numbers are false; they’re being created and people like me may benefit, but it’s ultimately not good for the economy,” Trump told CNBC.

Now recently:

http://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump-says...ma-2141201

Donald Trump Says Federal Reserve Keeping Interest Rates Low To Protect Obama

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump accused Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen of keeping interest rates low to prevent President Barack Obama from leaving office under a recession in an interview with the Hill Wednesday. The New York businessman also said the stock market is in another bubble that will soon pop.

“She’s keeping the economy going, barely,” Trump said of Yellen. “The reason they’re keeping the interest rate down is Obama doesn’t want to have a recession-slash-depression during his administration.”

Economists have been watching the Federal Reserve closely in recent months, and expect the agency to raise the interest rate, which has stayed close to zero percent since the 2008 financial crisis. U.S. stocks have risen over the past seven years, but the Fed has explained its low interest rate by citing low inflation and the still uncertain global economy.

“You know who gets hurt the most? People who practice the American dream and did what should have been the right way — the people that went through 40 years of their life and saved a hundred dollars every week [in the bank],” Trump said in the interview. “They worked all their lives to save and now what happens is they’re being forced into an inflated stock market and at some point they’ll get wiped out.”

Trump also took a swipe at the Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform law, saying that it has hurt economic growth in the U.S. and that he would “absolutely” repeal it. Since its passage in 2010, Democrats have heralded Dodd-Frank as a way to give regulators greater ability to hold Wall Street accountable and prevent another economic crisis. But Republicans like Trump and many others argue that the legislation is burdensome and hurts small businesses.

“Under Dodd-Frank, the regulators are running the banks,” Trump said. “The bankers are petrified of the regulators. And the problem is that the banks aren’t loaning money to people who will create jobs.”

Analysis:

Trump has been very consistent on his criticism about the FED for years. He is certainly better than other Republican banker shills like Rubio or Bush. You would think Rand Paul would be on the Trump train because Rand supposedly is a critic of the FED, but apparently Rand is more concerned with sucking the establishment's cock than he is standing for principles.

Compared to Hillary, Trump is a godsend, and compared to Sanders, who just wants to print mad cash, Trump understands how inflation works and why it is bad.

Trump is easily the best candidate this election cycle in terms of issues and personality, by an overwhelming margin. I believe a Trump presidency would usher in a new era of fiscal responsibility because Trump will either audit the FED or put in a conservative Jew in charge of the FED like Reagan did with Paul Volcker.

Trump on the FED - Handsome Creepy Eel - 02-01-2016

Has he ever said anything about fractional reserve banking?

Trump on the FED - Guitarman - 02-01-2016

Trump will wait till he is in the White House before cleaning up the rotten baking system full bore. This will be good for us in the UK too as our banks and economy follow yours.

Trump on the FED - The Beast1 - 02-01-2016

I don't think the Fed is omnipotent enough to keep the market from popping before the election or even before the new person takes office.

Bush Jr had Lehmen blow up right before the election. I think we'll see something very soon that will destroy any resemblance of positive feelings about Obama.

It will be the death kneel for the democrats because hopefully this will be the end of the free debt buffet that has been financing all of this government growth over the years.

Trump on the FED - Comte De St. Germain - 02-01-2016

Both Ron and Rand Paul were and are critics of Donald Trump. It's not about sucking establishment cock they just don't like him like many don't including myself.

Seriously the only reason myself and others are throwing their lot with Trump if he wins the nomination is to bath in liberal tears and on the off chance he does fix things as he's still a wild card.

Edit: Call Rand and Ron anything, but an establishment cuck him and his father are not. It's almost insulting to the 20+ years of consistency Ron Paul has had.

Trump on the FED - Fast Eddie - 02-01-2016

I'm thinking of writing a long post about this in the "Financial Markets Collapsing" thread but one interesting question is what is going to happen to the artificial wealth that was created by the money printing of recent years.

We have had huge inflation in financial asset prices as a result of QE, and the FED's decision to start raising rates in the face of global economic tumult and collapse in commodity prices suggests that the powers that be have decided that they're on the verge of letting the bubble pop. So the "smart money" will not want to be left holding the bag, obviously. They will want to change their currently ludicrously overvalued financial assets into something else before those asset prices go down, ie the market crashes.

My guess is they will try to go from being de facto feudal lords by virtue of holding trillions in electronic assets to feudal lords in a matter of fact. By buying up land, public utilities, highways, hospital systems, and other rent-generating assets. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Trump on the FED - It_is_my_time - 02-01-2016

Quote: (02-01-2016 08:16 AM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Both Ron and Rand Paul were and are critics of Donald Trump. It's not about sucking establishment cock they just don't like him like many don't including myself.

Seriously the only reason myself and others are throwing their lot with Trump if he wins the nomination is to bath in liberal tears and on the off chance he does fix things as he's still a wild card.

Edit: Call Rand and Ron anything, but an establishment cuck him and his father are not. It's almost insulting to the 20+ years of consistency Ron Paul has had.

I don't think Ron is an establishment cuck, but with Rand's behavior the last few months, I have little doubt left that he is an establishment cuck. A paid and controlled opposition with a cushy gig.

Trump on the FED - Sherman - 02-01-2016

One of the main causes of the financial crisis of 2008 was the savings glut, reducing interest rates and initiating the search for yields using faulty instruments. The savings glut was caused by the current account surplus of China which was caused by the trade imbalance. Trump could correct this problem by renegotiating deals with China so that we are trading products for products instead of giving China paper.

I also noticed from the 2012 article:

"The Donald went on to say that the Fed’s decision will cause the dollar to lose value and “inflation to start rearing it’s ugly head.”"

Whoops. The dollar has been going parabolic. Donald didn't get this right.

Quote: (02-01-2016 11:06 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

One of the main causes of the financial crisis of 2008 was the savings glut, reducing interest rates and initiating the search for yields using faulty instruments. The savings glut was caused by the current account surplus of China which was caused by the trade imbalance. Trump could correct this problem by renegotiating deals with China so that we are trading products for products instead of giving China paper.

"The Donald went on to say that the Fed’s decision will cause the dollar to lose value and “inflation to start rearing it’s ugly head.”"

There are two ways to measure a currency.

Forex, which is USD v. other pairs. In this regards, the USD has been strong, manly because everyone else has been so shitty.

And the conventional method, which is very commodities, IE, the real price of goods. In this way, the USD has been declining in value.

Trump on the FED - Sherman - 02-01-2016

Quote: (02-01-2016 11:08 AM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  

Forex, which is USD v. other pairs. In this regards, the USD has been strong, manly because everyone else has been so shitty.

And the conventional method, which is very commodities, IE, the real price of goods. In this way, the USD has been declining in value.

Both oil and gold are down with respect to the dollar. So by that measure the dollar has also gone up.

Quote: (02-01-2016 11:11 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2016 11:08 AM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  

Both oil and gold are down with respect to the dollar. So by that measure the dollar has also gone up.

Oil and Gold are only two of many commodities.

Watch Gold the next two years, it should go up nicely v. the USD.

With that said, inflation has been right at 2% the last 7 years. Nothing alarming, but when looking at our gigantic national debt and nearly 0% GDP growth, the storm is brewing

Quote: (02-01-2016 10:41 AM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  

I don't think Ron is an establishment cuck, but with Rand's behavior the last few months, I have little doubt left that he is an establishment cuck. A paid and controlled opposition with a cushy gig.
To each their own. I personally can't support anyone else up on that stage, but I'd rather not see Hitlery or Colonel Comrade Sanders take office.

Quote: (02-01-2016 11:52 AM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Quote: (02-01-2016 10:41 AM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  

To each their own. I personally can't support anyone else up on that stage, but I'd rather not see Hitlery or Colonel Comrade Sanders take office.

I was a huge Rand Paul supporter, until his comments on Trump. They could have been classified and low blows because Trump was the leader. But he has gone too far. He is either really stupid or just another DC insider, either way, I lost my respect for him in this election.

Trump on the FED - Fast Eddie - 02-01-2016

Rand has been a complete fraudster cuck for a long time. He was featured on the cover of Time magazine for fucks sake as a guy who was going to put the "hip" in the Republican party. He's your typical open borders, "the democrats are the real racists" next gen shill. His only saving grace is a comparatively dovish foreign policy stance but foreign policy is a side issue compared to the demographic and economic assaults we are enduring at home, and the only impact Rand would have on that is to add a dash of libertarian insanity into the mix. Just take a gander at the contrarian views in the "Facebook and Google Should Hire Americans" thread to see the kind of mind-blowing inanity that people like Rand bring to the table.

As for the currency, just wait for a while. The amazing shrinking global economy is keeping the dollar afloat by the virtue of people flocking around the least pungent turd in the room. But there is a fucking ocean of dollar denominated debt out there that is deeper and broader than the Pacific. Much of it is issued by the US government or by organizations "too big to fail," meaning at some point the printing presses will have to spin up to an even higher level in order to avoid default. It is an inevitability, because the growth in economic activity needed to service and roll over that gargantuan ocean of debt organically just doesn't exist. Then we will see the real reckoning.

Trump on the FED - captain_shane - 02-01-2016

I think this is the reason Trump is getting shit slung at him from both sides. The banking cartel will do anything to continue this fraud. This is a much bigger issue in my mind then any other topic that he's brought up.

Thank you god for bestowing Trump on us. This man is unbelievable.

I really hope if he does get elected, he chooses to use his own security for the secret service.

Trump on the FED - JacksonRev - 02-01-2016

Yea, the Don didn't predict the market collapse in China and Europe cucking itself into nonexistence so that the dollar would become the one eyed currency in the land of the blind.

As long as nobody else gets their shit together the US can put off paying the piper from Fed mismanagement.

Quote: (02-01-2016 12:17 PM)kleyau Wrote:  

Yea, the Don didn't predict the market collapse in China and Europe cucking itself into nonexistence so that the dollar would become the one eyed currency in the land of the blind.

As long as nobody else gets their shit together the US can put off paying the piper from Fed mismanagement.

Inflation never happened in the US because so much of the world is pegged to the dollar. The FED quadrupled the money supply:

https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/BASE

And since countries like China, which have a peg of 6:1 Chinese to America dollars, it was the developing world that had huge inflation. Now we are seeing the results:

- Hyperinflation in Venezuela
- Crashing markets in China

The whole world is getting fucked up by the currency pegging system and massive money printing, and we will see the world burn down and fall like dominoes until it finally reaches here. At that point there will be no place left to run.

Quote: (02-01-2016 11:58 AM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  

I was a huge Rand Paul supporter, until his comments on Trump. They could have been classified and low blows because Trump was the leader. But he has gone too far. He is either really stupid or just another DC insider, either way, I lost my respect for him in this election.

Because his comments on another person and his platform somehow invalidates his entire platform. I agree with him still. Though Donald Trump is a great agitator and good businessman he's also a flip flopper whose winning through pure populism(though I can also see it as him growing as a person with his flip flopping). Take it as you will as we disagree on fundamental points.

Quote: (02-01-2016 12:13 PM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

Rand has been a complete fraudster cuck for a long time. He was featured on the cover of Time magazine for fucks sake as a guy who was going to put the "hip" in the Republican party.

And you realize the Republican Party does need to appeal to younger voters or atleast priming them for future elections. The old die out the young will keep breeding. Lets be clear on that. The younger generation does need to realize that bigger government won't preserve your rights without the firebrand controversy that is Trump.

He's your typical open borders, "the democrats are the real racists" next gen shill. His only saving grace is a comparatively dovish foreign policy stance but foreign policy is a side issue compared to the demographic and economic assaults we are enduring at home, and the only impact Rand would have on that is to add a dash of libertarian insanity into the mix. Just take a gander at the contrarian views in the "Facebook and Google Should Hire Americans" thread to see the kind of mind-blowing inanity that people like Rand bring to the table.

Open borders should be a thing towards economically stable European or successful Asian countries such as Korea, Japan, etc. As long as it goes both ways. The free market is always profitable towards countries with similar ideals, but that's a long time in coming so I'll give you that point.

The democrats are the real racists by lining welfare money up in order to sway the lower class. How is that wrong?

Foreign policy is a big deal. Realize there's a bigger world out there and gung ho nation building will mess things up further if idiots like Cruz, Christie Kreme, Hitlery, or Marcobot take office especially in terms of our economy.

As for the currency, just wait for a while. The amazing shrinking global economy is keeping the dollar afloat by the virtue of people flocking around the least pungent turd in the room. But there is a fucking ocean of dollar denominated debt out there that is deeper and broader than the Pacific. Much of it is issued by the US government or by organizations "too big to fail," meaning at some point the printing presses will have to spin up to an even higher level in order to avoid default. It is an inevitability, because the growth in economic activity needed to service and roll over that gargantuan ocean of debt organically just doesn't exist. Then we will see the real reckoning.

Want to know something? Rand is the only one addressing the massive spending, money printing, and the leviathan that is the United States tax code that taxes U.S. citizens abroad. He's also the one introducing the audit the Fed Bill over this exact business.

Trump is an interesting change in the political climate for sure, but don't think that he's the only option that can bring meaningful change. I would also like to say the constitution does matter as I also see no one on that stage besides him actually talking about the Constitution.

Trump on the FED - captain_shane - 02-01-2016

hwuzhere I think most of us here used to like Rand. That was until he started attacking Trump for no reason.
He should've sided with Trump and been his VP if he was serious. Now the more I look at him the more I think
he's controlled opposition. He has zero chance of winning the presidency, and to attack the one man that shares
probably 70+% of his ideas is bullshit.

I'm also now of the belief that his dad is a shill as well. His idea of backing the currency with gold would allow
the elites of this world to completely dominate every aspect of life. Greenbacks, or a Friedman model for the
economy are imo the only realistic ways of fixing this mess.

I think I've made my peace lets just put it at dislike that people are opposing Rand simply over his dislike of Trump.

We'll see what's up in 4 years hope you guys can sing the same tune then. I'd like to be wrong.

Trump on the FED - Phoenix - 02-01-2016

Quote: (02-01-2016 01:56 PM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

I think I've made my peace lets just put it at dislike that people are opposing Rand simply over his dislike of Trump.

We'll see what's up in 4 years hope you guys can sing the same tune then. I'd like to be wrong.

Paul has had his trial by fire. He failed. The weaknesses of his character have been revealed. He may be a good legislator, but he would be a shithouse executive. It's best he just stays in the senate.

None of what the libertarians advocate can be achieved in a presidential election. It is the wrong constitutional device. Triggering an Article 5 convention is pretty much all they should be focused on.

Trump on the FED - Enigma - 02-01-2016

Quote: (02-01-2016 01:56 PM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Oh, come on.

No one's feelings are hurt because Rand and Trump disagree. If you go through this thread, Paul has been the 1st or 2nd choice of the majority of people here for most of the election -- even after they went at each other early in the cycle.

The reason people are calling Rand a cuck is because he's pushing the same "Trump is a racist" card that every other cuck does.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pres...mans-party

“I’ve said we need to be a party that has, you know, [people] with earrings, without earrings, with tattoos, without tattoos, black, white, brown, rich [and] poor,” Paul said. "If anything, one of the faults of the Republican Party is we’re not diverse enough.

“We need to be careful about letting the voice of the Republican Party be someone who thinks that all immigrants are rapists or drug dealers,” Paul said of Trump.

“That should scare people to death,” he added. "Anybody that’s gotten beyond third grade would say, ‘oh, my goodness, we don’t want a president that is eager to use our nuclear arsenal.'

That is pure cuckery, and the last two quotes are based on total lies. Trump's foreign policy is one of the most reserved of any candidate, and he never said all immigrants are rapist. He never even said all illegal immigrants or all illegal Mexican immigrants are rapists.

Paul is pushing the same narrative that the establishment and media are. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...

Not to mention calling Trump "an orange faced blowhard" and other petty insults.

The truth is, Trump is probably the most similar to Rand policy wise, yet Paul is out here calling people children if they agree with the "racist old white man".

I had a lot of hope for Rand, trust me I did, but the way he attacked Trump who had the most policy similarities as he did and defending the same guys, such as Bush and Rubio, who used to attack his father, Ron Paul, was simply shameful.

I cannot trust a man who plays the political game so poorly. I want a libertarian candidate, trust me I do, but Rand has revealed himself to be a phony.

Trump on the FED - Eastside - 02-01-2016

On top of the whole cringe-worthy Rand Paul cuck routine towards Trump, there is also the fact that policy and idiologically-wise, Trump is probably the better candidate anyways. While maybe 2 years ago, a majority of RVF members would say they lean somewhat libertarian, I think the dominant theme here now and in a lot of the alt-right and conservative circles is that we need more nationalist policies to be put into place in order for the USA to be in the best position to succeed going forward (I agree with this). In my view, a nationalist with libertarian and conservative leanings is the best person to be in charge of the country right now. Trump fits that description better than anyone (including Rand) and is non-PC, a charismatic leader, super positive, and a great businessman/negotiator too. He blows Rand out of the park for the complete package you are trying to get in a president and commander in chief. Rand has solid policies and he would be better than probably the rest of the field after Trump, but Trump is the far better choice right now (in my opinion [Image: smile.gif] ).

Trump on the FED - nomadbrah - 02-01-2016

This is BIG news for me. The willingness to take on the Fed, apart from the Israel lobby, is where a real patriot will show. The FED is the single most destructive economical force in the world.

The fact that Trump attacks the Fed shows he is serious. Calling out the Fed historically has led to bullets in the skull.