Roosh V Forum
Goth clubs (not much to see here) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Goth clubs (not much to see here) (/thread-52481.html)

Pages: 1 2

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - XPQ22 - 12-22-2015

[Mod: moved to Game forum.]

I decided to post this here instead of the "Game" section as there is very little here to learn regarding that, but I thought it was a funny experience so I'll mention it anyway.

I was checking out various places in town last night and the only place that seemed to have packed in the crowd was a bar/nightclub having a "goth night". Many years ago I actually pulled a SNL or two from places like this, and I didn't think I looked too out of place so I decided to stop in.

First thing that happened is that the doorman gave me grief about a "dress code" when I was dressed better than the majority of the guys in the club. I just chuckled at him and said "ah, well I promise to do better next time" and he grimaced and let me in.

Inside there was a dance floor and a very understaffed bar. There was one guy working the bar trying to serve like 25 people so I ended up staying pretty much sober the entire time. I guess they didn't want to have to call up two to work on a weeknight. There was a DJ playing industrial music and I wish I had brought earplugs, the volume was almost unbearable.

The dance floor looked sort of like this:

I'm not big into that, so I decided to grab a seat in the lounge and make a weak attempt to run "most interesting man in the world" game. The ratio was surprisingly decent, but it totally wasn't happening. As you might expect, being goths, the women were the most standoffish and cuntish you could imagine. I don't recall getting even a glimmer of eye contact from anyone while inside the club the entire two hours or so I was there. Not even from fatties, not even from girls who it would be near impossible for me to get it up for.

And most of the girls were overweight. There were a couple good-looking ones on the dance floor, but they sort of swayed back and forth in groups in their own little world, pausing briefly to drink water or snap some selfies. I'm guessing many of them were high on molly or whatever the fuck kids call it these days. I didn't see a single guy approach any girl on the dance floor.

I did a little better outside with the cig smokers, but not much. I tried to open a few women but the cockblocking from their friends and weird male orbiters was swift and merciless. They mostly seemed more interested in chatting with the drunk panhandler trying to hustle them for change than me. I got a brief flicker of interest from a short latina who was maybe a "5" at best, but that's it. A guy with bad breath who told me he worked at the supermarket nearby wouldn't leave me alone, so I eventually left.

Executive summary: The "scene" in a small city is probably very insular - the majority of these people know each other and go to the same place week in and week out. Outsiders aren't welcome. If you want to pull a goth slut from a place like this on anything other than a fluke it probably means you have to become a regular and become friends with their friends and orbiters, but who would want to.

I'm guessing even the fat girls have banged most of the regs in the club, and the moderately attractive ones likely have more orbiters than all the moons of the outer gas giant planets combined. Judging by the number of selfies being snapped, attention-whoring was at god-tier level.

It's too bad, because I like some "darker" music, and I like tattooed girls better than the prissy SWPL variety. But I can't recommend going to a place like this except for a laugh, or if you want examples of the worst male game mankind has on offer.

Oh well. Most of them probably suffer from borderline personality disorder anyway.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - kaotic - 12-22-2015

[Image: 4p9r5.gif]

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - WestIndianArchie - 12-22-2015

If you want to get to the top of a niche music scene, you really can't be a civilian. DJ or Promoter. ( Or dealer)

Black fingernail polish just makes you a tribe member not a chief.

Quote: (12-22-2015 05:17 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

If you want to get to the top of a niche music scene, you really can't be a civilian. DJ or Promoter. ( Or dealer)

Black fingernail polish just makes you a tribe member not a chief.

I wonder what life is like for the guys who actually produce that genre of music. I suppose the guy from Type O Negative did pretty well for himself romantically before he died of heart failure.

I used to be an aspiring musician before I realized that the amount of effort required for a 1% chance of not being a nobody forever wasn't worth it and focused my career elsewhere. I'd be interested to know how many actually manage a successful (for a niche genre at least) music career and game women at the same time long-term. My guess is that most guys in bands who don't quickly burn out living the sex and drugs lifestyle, and consistently release new music, settle down into at most serial monogamy or get married.

I was listening to the lyrics of some songs in the genre, or just about any rock genre really, and I thought "these lyrics are the things that betas wish they could say to women, but they'd run screaming from you if you said them in any other context than being a rock star."

True story, years and years ago in my 20s I went to meet a girl I met online at a Type O Negative concert. She ditched me to hang out on the band's tour bus. Feels bad, but even then I guess I didn't blame her.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - ColSpanker - 12-22-2015

I used to be disappointed I missed out on the whole "Goth" thing since I was such a monster movie fan growing up. No Goth girls in the 70's, unless they were crazy. Now that it's came and went, I don't see Goth as having much lasting power.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - churros - 12-22-2015

I had a simlar experience to this last week at a squat techno party in Berlin. I could sustain conversation because I listen to some punk. But the moment I escalated, their eyes would dart around the room, and they'd make excuses. They were very conscious of the scene's internal hierarchy. Got the most aggressive reactions from lesbian cockblockers, actually: the guys were totally passive. The most I came away with was an invitation to come by some chick's workplace, which I may yet do.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - kaotic - 12-22-2015

Any kind of goth, super hardcore metal, or crusty punk girl I knew was usually kind of fucked in the head.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - churros - 12-22-2015

Quote: (12-22-2015 05:56 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Any kind of goth, super hardcore metal, or crusty punk girl I knew was usually kind of fucked in the head.

They also tend to be dirty and carry STDs.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - Rhyme or Reason - 12-22-2015

Quote: (12-22-2015 04:13 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

I decided to post this here instead of the "Game" section as there is very little here to learn regarding that, but I thought it was a funny experience so I'll mention it anyway.

I was checking out various places in town last night and the only place that seemed to have packed in the crowd was a bar/nightclub having a "goth night". Many years ago I actually pulled a SNL or two from places like this, and I didn't think I looked too out of place so I decided to stop in.

[Image: J2vnM9Z.gif]

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - General Stalin - 12-22-2015

I was in a well-known regional metal band for about 8 years. I never once pulled any pussy directly from me being in a band - I hooked up with a couple girls through social circles that stemmed from me being in the music scene and playing shows but never directly from girls who saw me on stage and wanted to bang me because I was a local celeb or anything. Granted I wasn't playing huge shows, but with niche-genre music there is a steep curve to climb to go from nobody to somebody.

I think that would be one of the best jobs to have: a DJ with a decent name. You make assloads of money, don't have to work that often or that hard, and your overhead is little to nothing. Every slut in the club wants to fuck the DJ - he is quite literally the life of the party.

To talk more on OP: I absolutely loved goth girls when I was a teenager. I was a baggy pants wearing nu metal kid so girls with lots of jewelry, weird hair and piercings, and baggy pants with ultra quirky dorky personalities was a huge turn on for me. Granted these girls had and still do have some of the highest bitch shields imaginable. I think cosplay girls are the new version of that. Attractive girls who role around fringe groups with tons of loners and nerds who have a complete goddess complex.

Quote: (12-22-2015 06:12 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

I wasn't wearing lavender.

Some guys at these places put a lot of effort into looking like a circus freak, but there are also plenty who just show up wearing a dark suit or black shirt and jeans.

Quote: (12-22-2015 06:21 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I think that would be one of the best jobs to have: a DJ with a decent name. You make assloads of money, don't have to work that often or that hard, and your overhead is little to nothing. Every slut in the club wants to fuck the DJ - he is quite literally the life of the party.

Too true. Except it's been my experience that DJs/promoters are some of the most insufferable people on the planet - aside from a limited few who actually also produce their own stuff, never have I received so much attitude from people who contribute so little.

Yeah, good for you, you use Ableton Live on a laptop to beatmatch some songs together on Saturday night. what a valuable service.

And many of them are desperately ignorant about audio/acoustics to boot.

Quote: (12-22-2015 05:46 PM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

I used to be disappointed I missed out on the whole "Goth" thing since I was such a monster movie fan growing up. No Goth girls in the 70's, unless they were crazy. Now that it's came and went, I don't see Goth as having much lasting power.

Pretty sure the "goth" thing peaked around 1989.

Quote: (12-22-2015 05:53 PM)churros Wrote:  

I had a simlar experience to this last week at a squat techno party in Berlin. I could sustain conversation because I listen to some punk. But the moment I escalated, their eyes would dart around the room, and they'd make excuses. They were very conscious of the scene's internal hierarchy. Got the most aggressive reactions from lesbian cockblockers, actually: the guys were totally passive. The most I came away with was an invitation to come by some chick's workplace, which I may yet do.

The only possible bright point is what I learned from one of the SNL's I had years ago at a place like that - when a girl rolls up to such a venue in a skintight vinyl suit and is sitting at the bar alone and smiles when you make eye contact, you can be pretty certain how things are going to go if you play it right, no ifs, ands, or buts.

But again, those are unicorons.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - UroboricForms - 12-22-2015

The alternative scene is literally the focal point for damaged women and inverted gender dynamics. The rule "all the hot ones are crazy" applies tenfold here, and because at least 75% of alternative girls in the world are fat and/or ugly, the competition is outrageous and cliquishness/ bitch shields are through the roof. Hypergamy is absolutely rampant as you might expect. Majority of guys are pathetically blue pill and every Dita Von Teese, every Morticia Addams wannabe idiot slut has her clique of orbiters and friendzoned schmucks. The scene is VERY incestuous too. Literally everyone has slept with everyone at some point, even the hideous ones.

Quote: (12-22-2015 07:02 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2015 06:12 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

I wasn't wearing lavender.

Some guys at these places put a lot of effort into looking like a circus freak, but there are also plenty who just show up wearing a dark suit or black shirt and jeans.

The only strategy with going to a goth club is to try to talk to the chicks there that also don't look like goths. Admittedly a small pool to choose from in most cases. The thing is the "goth" scene this days is just leftovers from when things like that were cool...sure back when korn was the shit and marylin manson was in there would have been a good selection of fucked up broads there, but now their scene is even more fringe... the scene/emo chicks from the mid 2000's are long gone...they were my bread and butter at the time...but now that we live in hip hop centered culture that's where most of the hot broads are going to naturally gravitate towards.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - General Stalin - 12-22-2015

Quote: (12-22-2015 07:54 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

The only strategy with going to a goth club is to try to talk to the chicks there that also don't look like goths. Admittedly a small pool to choose from in most cases. The thing is the "goth" scene this days is just leftovers from when things like that were cool...sure back when korn was the shit and marylin manson was in there would have been a good selection of fucked up broads there, but now their scene is even more fringe... the scene/emo chicks from the mid 2000's are long gone...they were my bread and butter at the time...but now that we live in hip hop centered culture that's where most of the hot broads are going to naturally gravitate towards.

The alternative scene now is hardcore chicks. Girls with bullring piercings who drink pbr and listen to suburban white kids trying to be xtuffcorex. They are just as bitchy and elitist as ever. Scene queens. I don't touch 'em personally. Years ago I used to like girls who were all into the same music scene as me and liked going to metal/hardcore shows and whatnot. Now I like vanilla girls with little to no tattoos and piercings who listen to poprock and calm indie shit.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - ColSpanker - 12-22-2015

Quote: (12-22-2015 07:16 PM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2015 05:46 PM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

Pretty sure the "goth" thing peaked around 1989.

Dunno about that. There was a thriving Goth scene in Philly from 1995 through 2005. I think Dracula's Ball still takes place. I was the old, smooth guy checking out the corseted girls fifteen years ago. 911 was the curtain which slowly descended.

Quote: (12-22-2015 08:41 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2015 07:54 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

The alternative scene now is hardcore chicks. Girls with bullring piercings who drink pbr and listen to suburban white kids trying to be xtuffcorex. They are just as bitchy and elitist as ever. Scene queens. I don't touch 'em personally. Years ago I used to like girls who were all into the same music scene as me and liked going to metal/hardcore shows and whatnot. Now I like vanilla girls with little to no tattoos and piercings who listen to poprock and calm indie shit.

Yeah back then the counter culture bitches had scene hair and maybe a little too much makeup. Now their fat, tatted skrillex clones. I'll pass.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - cascadecombo - 12-23-2015

I was in a well-known regional metal band for about 8 years. I never once pulled any pussy directly from me being in a band - I hooked up with a couple girls through social circles that stemmed from me being in the music scene and playing shows but never directly from girls who saw me on stage and wanted to bang me because I was a local celeb or anything. Granted I wasn't playing huge shows, but with niche-genre music there is a steep curve to climb to go from nobody to somebody.

To talk more on OP: I absolutely loved goth girls when I was a teenager. I was a baggy pants wearing nu metal kid so girls with lots of jewelry, weird hair and piercings, and baggy pants with ultra quirky dorky personalities was a huge turn on for me. Granted these girls had and still do have some of the highest bitch shields imaginable. I think cosplay girls are the new version of that. Attractive girls who role around fringe groups with tons of loners and nerds who have a complete goddess complex.

Just to go off this. One of my buddies, guys like a brother to me, is in Tokyo and is in a metal band. The dude does get laid directly from shows and after parties the band has, and I have seen him pull idol/gravure chicks from tinder despite his current subpar looks.

With that said, the scene is different in asia vs the west. Those in attendance of metal shows look the same as everyone else once they step outside. Can't say there is much difference aside from the fact that that is the genre they like. Contrast that with my experiences in Washington where if a chick was mildly interested in that music or style it was recognizable within the first instant.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - General Stalin - 12-23-2015

Quote: (12-23-2015 03:57 AM)cascadecombo Wrote:  

Just to go off this. One of my buddies, guys like a brother to me, is in Tokyo and is in a metal band. The dude does get laid directly from shows and after parties the band has, and I have seen him pull idol/gravure chicks from tinder despite his current subpar looks.

With that said, the scene is different in asia vs the west. Those in attendance of metal shows look the same as everyone else once they step outside. Can't say there is much difference aside from the fact that that is the genre they like. Contrast that with my experiences in Washington where if a chick was mildly interested in that music or style it was recognizable within the first instant.

Metal is a lot bigger in the Far East. Bands that barely fill out a 1000 person venue here will sell-out arenas out there. This is because Americans are bored of everything. We have this immense saturation of all forms of entertainment so nothing is impressive to anyone.

My band was well known in our area, but there were at least half a dozen local metal shows every night Thur-Sun with 3-8 bands each and local music "festivals" a few times a month it seemed like. So much saturation its tough for any band to be "special" or achieve any real notoriety.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - Rhyme or Reason - 12-23-2015

^ I would posit that metal bands get the ugliest (and least) groupies when you compare them to rappers and mainstream rock types. Metal just isn't as sexy I guess.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - General Stalin - 12-23-2015

Quote: (12-23-2015 01:31 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

^ I would posit that metal bands get the ugliest (and least) groupies when you compare them to rappers and mainstream rock types. Metal just isn't as sexy I guess.

It's certainly not like it was in the 80's.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - Rhyme or Reason - 12-23-2015

Quote: (12-23-2015 01:42 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Quote: (12-23-2015 01:31 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

It's certainly not like it was in the 80's.

Yeah, 80's hair metal chicks were ten times hotter than the goofy looking Korn groupies were. Motley Crue SLAYED pussy back then. But then again "metal" has also changed since then.

Goth clubs (not much to see here) - Wutang - 12-23-2015

When I was growing up there whole "being in a band to get chicks" was still a reliable strategy from what I saw. When I was in middle school Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Papa Roach and other nu-metal was big with both guys and girls (the ones that weren't into N Sync and Backstreet Boys anyways). After that came the retro-rock like The Strokes and also lots of metalcore/mallcore like Avenged Sevenfold and As I Lay Dying. Then came all the indie hipster stuff Arcade Fire who had been around for a long time making it mainstream. Point is that in my younger days there was always some sort of rock that was big among youth.These days it seems like rock music is dead. Seems like the only new band that gets a lot of exposure on in mainstream is Halestorm - their practically the only new band that I hear on rock radio on the rare occasion I listen to it - 95% of the music I hear on there is stuff that's been out for decades.

Most of the youngins these daysare listening to various forms of electronic music or pop. A few months I actually met a high school student around 17 who had never heard of Sublime or The Offspring and other assorted bands which left me flabbergasted. Young people would rather go to something like Cochaella rather then Ozzfest these days. I would definitely agree that being a DJ is more attractive to the average girls these days then being a rock singer of guitarist - playing instruments just isn't cool anymore heh.

Any sort of fringe alternative or geek culture is going to be infested with SJWism. I see this a lot with anime/cosplay/video games/(insert geek hobby here) and looks like it applies to the goth scene too. There's actually quite a bit of crossover between the goth and anime scene from what I have observed. Being a popular local cosplay girl is basically the geek version of being the snobby prom queen you would see in all those 80s and 90s high school teen shows/movies. At least the snooty preppy girl isn't pretending to be anything other then she is while the cosplay girl will still try to maintain the air of being the underdog outcast fighting for her fellow losers but while having the attitude of the snooty preppy girl.