Roosh V Forum
SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor (/thread-50838.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Bushido - 02-12-2017

Quote: (02-10-2017 09:52 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Look I'm just pointing out that imho Japanese cuisine is very authentic outside Japan. Is it 100% the same. I don't know or care. I'm not a foodie.

Actually Japanese food is one of the few cuisines that is very difficult to authentically export. The ingredients and supply chains just aren't the same. Sushi is a good example. Unless you go very high-end you aren't going to find anything close to the standard of (good) Japanese sushi in Japan.

And I think we can all agree that a native Italian knows more than you about his own country's cuisine. But this thread is about Japan. Kindly refrain from polluting this great thread with your mundane and shallow (not-knowledge based) observations.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Putin Closes - 02-12-2017

Quote: (02-12-2017 12:18 AM)Bushido Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2017 09:52 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Look I'm just pointing out that imho Japanese cuisine is very authentic outside Japan. Is it 100% the same. I don't know or care. I'm not a foodie.

Actually Japanese food is one of the few cuisines that is very difficult to authentically export. The ingredients and supply chains just aren't the same. Sushi is a good example. Unless you go very high-end you aren't going to find anything close to the standard of (good) Japanese sushi in Japan.

And I think we can all agree that a native Italian knows more than you about his own country's cuisine. But this thread is about Japan. Kindly refrain from polluting this great thread with your mundane and shallow (not-knowledge based) observations.

I've yet to had better steak then authentic "Kobe Beef" at any of your local steakhouse in Kobe. Same with sushi. I love visiting Japan, but always visit with a significant other if you're on a short trip, there are way too many beautiful places to visit then spend your time worrying about girls. I found myself falling asleep early each night exhausted from sight seeing. On times when I was alone for a few hours, speaking English results in pretty much guaranteed confused looks, especially if they think you are Japanese. I find quality quite equal to other EA countries, but definitely not superior, and in other countries English abilities are much better. Obviously if you can speak Japanese your results will skyrocket.

Out of curiosity used Tinder, results were pretty much the worse of any Asian country, perhaps its not as widespread in Japan. Will try again next time I visit.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - RawGod - 02-12-2017

Quote: (02-10-2017 04:21 PM)Joeno Wrote:  

Quote: (02-10-2017 05:47 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

But just don't be agressive in your demeanor. Smile, be the gentleman, then get them back to your pad and escalate.

Thanks, good tip. So it's not offensive to hang out for a 1 hour and bring her back to my place (assuming there's a connection).

It's not offensive. Doesn't always work, but for me it's worked enough to keep on doing it quite a bit. Women are women anywhere, and some will take longer and more "connection" (a slightly dubious concept in Japan) but there is something about the time efficiency that people live by in Japan that makes it natural to just meet a girl at 8, bring her home at 9, bang and out the door at 10. If she refuses the bang that first time, often it will be fine next time when you do a repeat.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Joeno - 02-13-2017

First day in Japan. Had 2 meetups (cs). 2.5 hours spent with each. Striked out 2x. Both had to leave for work (i believe it), 2nd held her hand but as i brought her to my hotel she gave a hard no.

Think i should escalate more? Or just be more straightforward.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Dream Medicine - 02-13-2017

Welcome to Japan!

Quote: (02-11-2017 06:26 PM)Joeno Wrote:  

How is the intensity / effort level required? I'm pretty lazy when it comes to gaming while on holidays and would rather relax and focus on one girl for a few hours than jump between rejections and taking it in the nutsack.

If being an Australian in Japan doesn't motivate you to approach and persist then I wonder what would?

During a fly-over tour of a country that features one of the highest living standards in the world, it is perhaps unrealistic for the average* guy -- without Japanese skills -- to expect decent chicks to be DTF just because he showed up and hung out for 2 hours.

Just remember, low effort = low rewards.

*I mention "average" because there is no context to work with here...

Quote: (02-13-2017 03:24 AM)Joeno Wrote:  

First day in Japan. Had 2 meetups (cs). 2.5 hours spent with each. Striked out 2x. Both had to leave for work (i believe it), 2nd held her hand but as i brought her to my hotel she gave a hard no. Think i should escalate more? Or just be more straightforward.

Likewise, I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect the readership to provide you with a useful answer to a complex question based on a 2-line report summary.

There is almost zero data to consider here. So there are dozens of questions that you would need to answer before anyone can provide you with a tailored answer. For instance, what did you text each other before the meeting, where did you go on the meet, how did they invest in you, how is your Japanese language skill, how is your appearance, how many girls - including Japanese - have you banged through cold-approaching, online game or otherwise, etc etc.

Have a look at the level of detail Mr. Destiny (or JWLZG) puts into his stories. While I've noted some suggestions for adjusting his writing style, I emphasized his richly-detailed, honest, open journaling.

If you put more effort into your postings here, including report writing, you will be more likely to get some quality, meaningful feedback.

Further reading:

* Tuthmosis - RE: Low post and zero rep newbies: Read this (general forum advice)
* Destiny's travel journal (writing tips)
* JWLZG - RE: Player's Log / Lounge (example report)
* Roosh - RE: Do Guys Not Want to Game Anymore? (the change in mens' motivation to learn pickup)

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Joeno - 02-13-2017

Hey thanks for the reply. Ok let me add me more info. Mainly online pipelining (tinder and couchsurfing). Texting was just setting up a time and date. Light banter.

We met during daytime - probs a mistake but these 2 weren't free other times. No Japanese skills. I'm 5'9 and bout 81kg. Haven't gymmed for a while so a little overweight.

Most of the girls I've banged have been through online. Only 1 through cold day approach ever.

One specific problem i have is i may have a lot of meetups with girls lined up for specific days (eg first day of my 5 night stay in tokyo). Should i put the low value girls meetups in the daytime and with regards to the tactics of these dates im leaning towards: 1) determine if they want to bang within an hour or 2 (by trying to hold hands, makeout), and 2) if they are attractive but not yet attracted, setup a follow up date the next day.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Bushido - 02-14-2017

Joeno,

Not going to sugarcoat it here and hope you wont take it the wrong way. No Japanese, overweight (means very overweight from Japanese perspective) and an extremely short trip. You're up against it mate.

With all that said, getting laid in Japan is about tight logistics, strong leading and getting some alcohol in the mix (strangely this is a parallel to British girls who also need some booze to open their legs). At your stage i would say to meet them at night or not at all.

So take your prospect to a select couple of bars near where you're staying. Go to the best one last. Western bars where you can sit at the bar counter work best as you can get some subtle touching in. Don't order much food. That's not getting them (Or you!) into sexy mood. Recommend some random drink that you claim is great at that bar and off you go. Banter away. Touch them just enough to show intent. Then, to pull them back to your hotel, suggest opening the "special wine" or beers you have. They always need a pretext for going with you. I have used this simple formula on many occasions.

Good luck.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Joeno - 02-14-2017

Thanks bud. Should i go for hand holding and makeout before dragging them back to my place?

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Bushido - 02-14-2017

Quote: (02-14-2017 11:13 PM)Joeno Wrote:  

Thanks bud. Should i go for hand holding and makeout before dragging them back to my place?

Making out isn't a great idea in public. Most chicks wont be comfortable. Better to reserve it for your place. The upside of this is that it usually means going all the way once she's decided to come back. Take her by the hand though by all means.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - cascadecombo - 02-15-2017

^ if you do choose to do so, make sure it's somewhere secluded away from the eyes of others. One of the biggest things about them is simply not being seen in the act.

But in general, bushido has the right call.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - ksbms - 02-16-2017

I know I'm diverting a bit with this post but probably some members experienced with J-girls could give me some informative run down about the date I had with a J-girl, though in Scotland.

Quote: (02-15-2017 08:02 AM)ksbms Wrote:  

Met with a J-girl studying in Scotland from this post, whom I met in a café, talked a few minutes, she seemed quite keen. A bit of a background: I'm white, blue eyes, dark blond hair. To start with, she was straightforward in her replies but always took hours to reply and I didn't get the ball rolling before Monday afternoon.

Met her at 8pm, she was bang on time, tight jeans, mid-high heel boots, all smiles from the get go and throughout the whole date. Went first to non-alcoholic venue, good chat, then bounced to a nearby bar, sat down in a booth, she sat opposite but told her to sit next to me, she did, she was active alcohol drinker, didn't touch a phone for a second. Educated, travelled, and with interesting hobbies, very good English.

No awkwardness at all, things were going smooth, I escalated touching her knees, lower thighs, touching and playing with her hair and grabbing it behind, squeezing her cheek and saying she smiled like a squirrel, then playing with her hands, she was taking it all and all smiles but never really reciprocating apart playfully hitting me with her fist. And that's where first problems came up. When I touched her finger I asked about the ring she wore on her ring finger.

- I got this from my boyfriend who lives in Japan.

I ignored and continued. As she was drinking whisky, some time later I said I was going to kiss her by the time she'd take the last sip and she said:

- No, no, you can't do this, I have a boyfriend.
- I don't plan to be your boyfriend, I replied.

She finished her drink, I went for a kiss, she accepted. It was getting quite late but I didn't feel it was the right moment for extraction. We kissed a few times more, her always accepting but she was passive, though fine with my hand going down her face, neck, and towards her hips but was just sitting there semi-stiff and with her hands together on her lap, her sitting close but never going for it or trying to jump me. She didn't mention boyfriend ever again.

It was near closing time, I wasn't even that horny, she said it was time to go, we stayed a bit more, then I proposed I'd walk her back as she lived in nearby student halls. As we walked I kissed her a couple times on the way back, held her hand for a bit, pushed against the wall, spun around, then in front of the building tried to get in with the classic "I need to pee" but she just led me to a common area. Then I said she could show me around but I had only 5 minutes, though she said she's got flatmates and I didn't push it thinking if I act to needy and it would be a bad sign as I didn't mind one more date. So I interpreted her talking about flatmates she wouldn't like them to see her with me (perhaps they knew she had a boyfriend, if it was truly the case). Then some people arrived at the front door and I saw she felt a bit awkward so I understood she probably wanted discretion so decided it was time to part.

She thanked me for the night, and around an hour later texted it was good to see me again (plus big smiley) and wished a good night. Replied to her midday next day it was nice to meet her as well. Then sent a check-in msg to 10 hours later, no reply so far.

I re-messaged her again. Again, sent a non-committal one, this time a picture of a girl dancing in the wheat field with a text "How I imagine you living in your village". Surprisingly, she replied a couple hours later that her hometown didn't look as pretty.

Any experts on J-girls would like to chime in - should've been more dominant, poured more alcohol in her and pushed for the lay even though she seemed not ready for extraction? How to proceed from now on (never been gaming Asian girls before)?

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - etwsake - 02-16-2017

I'm not an expert but I've been through this a few times and definitely blown chances at lays for the same reasons.

You should have taken her back to your place. And not verbalized anything. If she says "where are we going?" just say something like "a cool place I know" or something. She was probably down but you needed to isolate her. Japanese girls don't like getting sexual in public and definitely not around her flatmates. She's not gonna "go for it" or try to "jump you" in a bar; it would have to be in private behind closed doors.

Not sure if you'll get another chance. Maybe lay off for a week or two and see what happens.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Putin Closes - 02-16-2017

Quote: (02-16-2017 11:00 AM)ksbms Wrote:  

I know I'm diverting a bit with this post but probably some members experienced with J-girls could give me some informative run down about the date I had with a J-girl, though in Scotland.

Quote: (02-15-2017 08:02 AM)ksbms Wrote:  

Met with a J-girl studying in Scotland from this post, whom I met in a café, talked a few minutes, she seemed quite keen. A bit of a background: I'm white, blue eyes, dark blond hair. To start with, she was straightforward in her replies but always took hours to reply and I didn't get the ball rolling before Monday afternoon.

Met her at 8pm, she was bang on time, tight jeans, mid-high heel boots, all smiles from the get go and throughout the whole date. Went first to non-alcoholic venue, good chat, then bounced to a nearby bar, sat down in a booth, she sat opposite but told her to sit next to me, she did, she was active alcohol drinker, didn't touch a phone for a second. Educated, travelled, and with interesting hobbies, very good English.

No awkwardness at all, things were going smooth, I escalated touching her knees, lower thighs, touching and playing with her hair and grabbing it behind, squeezing her cheek and saying she smiled like a squirrel, then playing with her hands, she was taking it all and all smiles but never really reciprocating apart playfully hitting me with her fist. And that's where first problems came up. When I touched her finger I asked about the ring she wore on her ring finger.

- I got this from my boyfriend who lives in Japan.

I ignored and continued. As she was drinking whisky, some time later I said I was going to kiss her by the time she'd take the last sip and she said:

- No, no, you can't do this, I have a boyfriend.
- I don't plan to be your boyfriend, I replied.

She finished her drink, I went for a kiss, she accepted. It was getting quite late but I didn't feel it was the right moment for extraction. We kissed a few times more, her always accepting but she was passive, though fine with my hand going down her face, neck, and towards her hips but was just sitting there semi-stiff and with her hands together on her lap, her sitting close but never going for it or trying to jump me. She didn't mention boyfriend ever again.

It was near closing time, I wasn't even that horny, she said it was time to go, we stayed a bit more, then I proposed I'd walk her back as she lived in nearby student halls. As we walked I kissed her a couple times on the way back, held her hand for a bit, pushed against the wall, spun around, then in front of the building tried to get in with the classic "I need to pee" but she just led me to a common area. Then I said she could show me around but I had only 5 minutes, though she said she's got flatmates and I didn't push it thinking if I act to needy and it would be a bad sign as I didn't mind one more date. So I interpreted her talking about flatmates she wouldn't like them to see her with me (perhaps they knew she had a boyfriend, if it was truly the case). Then some people arrived at the front door and I saw she felt a bit awkward so I understood she probably wanted discretion so decided it was time to part.

She thanked me for the night, and around an hour later texted it was good to see me again (plus big smiley) and wished a good night. Replied to her midday next day it was nice to meet her as well. Then sent a check-in msg to 10 hours later, no reply so far.

I re-messaged her again. Again, sent a non-committal one, this time a picture of a girl dancing in the wheat field with a text "How I imagine you living in your village". Surprisingly, she replied a couple hours later that her hometown didn't look as pretty.

Any experts on J-girls would like to chime in - should've been more dominant, poured more alcohol in her and pushed for the lay even though she seemed not ready for extraction? How to proceed from now on (never been gaming Asian girls before)?

Basic 101, should have taken to your place (worst she can say is no). Logistics will always fuck up a lot of near sure lays.

Speaking good English she obviously wants a bit of "western loving". She's probably right now confused on what to do (with bf and all).

Most Asian girls don't play this wait a couple hours to text, usually its within 10-20 minutes in my experience, so she might be on the borderline fence, not wanting to "cheat cheat" on her BF.

Might want to do another casual hang out, a bar next to your place, then bring her back up but don't pounce on her until back at your place.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Bushido - 02-16-2017

^^ Agree. When she accepted your kiss (if not before), that was the moment to jump in a taxi and go to yours. I can't imagine many J-girls wanting to bang in their own student halls. That's just a ridiculous idea to them.

Don't beat yourself up about it though. I certainly have had many dates like the one you described. You gave it a fair effort but the boyfriend is obviously on her mind. She might have ultimately said no to going to yours anyway.

You can still pursue her but be cool about it. And remember one important thing - Japanese girls are very slow to text back! A gap of 24-48 hours is not unusual at all for "just some guy" she is on the fence about. For reference, even some of my LTRs would text me maybe 1-2 times a day! So make sure to mirror her response times. In fact, the ideal is to be slower than her, as if you don't give a shit. Japanese girls like stoic men so never ever appear desperate by texting her back too quickly. Trust me on this.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Joeno - 02-16-2017

@bishido wow that sucks if I'm on a 2 week trip. I can't afford to mess around with 2 day pauses between texts through LINE.

Also im getting a lot of "sorry i have to work. Sorry i have to work overtime." for text game is it proper to escalate a little bit, like send hearts, saying you want to see them again, even that you like her? (not in walls of text, just one liner)?

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Bushido - 02-16-2017

Quote: (02-16-2017 06:00 PM)Joeno Wrote:  

@bishido wow that sucks if I'm on a 2 week trip. I can't afford to mess around with 2 day pauses between texts through LINE.

Also im getting a lot of "sorry i have to work. Sorry i have to work overtime." for text game is it proper to escalate a little bit, like send hearts, saying you want to see them again, even that you like her? (not in walls of text, just one liner)?

Work schedules and their slow response times are challenges for sure. That's a major reason why longer stays are recommended for the full Japan experience. Anyway, it's still doable, but there's no real magic involved here. You just need to get enough numbers where you happen upon one who is a bit keener/less busy. That is why I'm a huge fan of university students as opposed to OLs or career women. If in Tokyo, I suggest hitting the HUB bars in Shibuya, Shinjuku etc and/or doing some street game, focusing on the 18-23 age range until you get a ton of numbers. All things equal though, meeting girls in the bars will be a faster route to their pussy.

Sending hearts and telling her that you like her so early on would be considered extremely unmanly by most quality Japanese girls. Don't do that gay shit.

"I want to see you again" is OK though. Telling her she is cute is also OK for average or tall girls (not especially prized in Japan). Avoid complimenting the hotter ones too much or you'll lose them.

Focus on logistics (arranging dates) by suggesting 2 or 3 days to meet up in the coming week. If your approach was strong and she is interested enough then she might try to make time for you. Just bear in mind that a "Sorry I'm busy" without any other suggestions is usually a polite brush off, but there are exceptions of course - the thing is Japanese people will never tell you a straight no unless totally forced into a corner. Knowing which is which is all about the context and unfortunately only learned through harsh experience on the ground.

One extra tip: Emphasize the fact you aren't staying long from the beginning so there is more urgency to meet up. Many dudes visiting Japan try to BS girls about their length of stay, thinking this will help them look more serious (???) but this backfires because it just gets you put on the slow track and you run out of time. When you take the more honest approach you'd be amazed how some girls will drop the text games and rush to meet up with you. The scarcity principle in action!

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Joeno - 02-17-2017

Thanks for the tips. I'm staying at Shibuya. Is WOMB any good? Also what are some good daygame places. Yayogi park perhaps?

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - etwsake - 02-17-2017

Don't go to dance clubs in Tokyo. It's like 5000 minimum to get in, the music is so loud it makes conversation impossible, and girls are usually there with friends and they won't break away from the group cause they don't wanna look like a slut. In my experience girls that are in a dance club on a Saturday night are only there to actually dance and get attention and free drinks; not to get picked up.

I'm not saying it never happens, but I think it's so rare that it's not worth bothering.

You're in Shibuya so just keep pounding the pavement and hit all the Hubs and Starbucks.

Hey Tokyo guys...what was that small club near Roppongi Hills called...Heartland? This was years ago. I honestly haven't been out there in close to ten years. That's where the OLs supposedly went to get picked up but I never managed to pull one. Things change so often in Tokyo that any advice I have is probably long obsolete.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - asdfk - 02-17-2017

Went out once to a Tokyo dance club and picked up a super hot stewardess. Raw dogged her at my ratty ass AirBnB.

Clubs stay open late. Don't expect to pull early. It seems damn easy at the end of the night (based on the behavior of the girls at that point).

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - CJ_W - 02-17-2017

Quote: (02-17-2017 04:28 AM)etwsake Wrote:  

Don't go to dance clubs in Tokyo. It's like 5000 minimum to get in, the music is so loud it makes conversation impossible, and girls are usually there with friends and they won't break away from the group cause they don't wanna look like a slut. In my experience girls that are in a dance club on a Saturday night are only there to actually dance and get attention and free drinks; not to get picked up.

I'm not saying it never happens, but I think it's so rare that it's not worth bothering.

You're in Shibuya so just keep pounding the pavement and hit all the Hubs and Starbucks.

Hey Tokyo guys...what was that small club near Roppongi Hills called...Heartland? This was years ago. I honestly haven't been out there in close to ten years. That's where the OLs supposedly went to get picked up but I never managed to pull one. Things change so often in Tokyo that any advice I have is probably long obsolete.

Heartland closed down years ago man, A-life is still there I think. Warehouse also closed which was nearby and was a decent spot.

I don't go out to Roppongi anymore, too many Chinese women grabbing me to try to get me to their prostitutes, I really hate that. I'm kind of on the same vein as phoenix though. . .clubs are a bit of a waste of time. although askfd says he can pull regularly I guess. I'd rather do coffee shops though.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - asdfk - 02-17-2017

I can't confirm i can pull regularly from clubs in Tokyo because I only went out once (I could have been lucky). But I can pull regurlarly anywhere else and Tokyo seems perfectly suited for Nightgame if you aim at pulling at the end of the night.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - SamuelBRoberts - 02-18-2017

What's the best way to get a mobile Wi-Fi setup in Tokyo? I just need basic internet, skype, and messaging. Buy a cell with a SIM? Get a mobile hotspot?

I speak fluent Japanese and am staying for a little over a month if that matters.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - Bushido - 02-18-2017

^ Tokyo Joe answered your question in his classic datasheet at the start of this thread.

How did you come to be fluent in Japanese without knowing where to buy a SIM card? Are you Japanese American?

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - SamuelBRoberts - 02-18-2017

Thanks, I'd read the first page when he posted it but must've forgotten that.

SWOOP JAPAN: Tokyo Joe’s Guide for the First-Time (~7-day) Visitor - joker0874 - 02-25-2017

Quote: (02-18-2017 02:03 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

What's the best way to get a mobile Wi-Fi setup in Tokyo? I just need basic internet, skype, and messaging. Buy a cell with a SIM? Get a mobile hotspot?

I speak fluent Japanese and am staying for a little over a month if that matters.

From my travels to Tokyo, I usually rent a mobile hotspot from the airport.