Roosh V Forum
Fall Style Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Fall Style Thread (/thread-50785.html)

Pages: 1 2

Fall Style Thread - realologist - 09-30-2015

We currently have many threads on style and ones that cater the seasons. There is a winter style thread and a Summer Spring Style Thread. Style is important and I feel fall is the best season for it.

Fall is a season that offers a lot of versatility in style. It's not too hot and not too cold. The colors that nature provides offer a style that is different from spring. Spring is about bright and light as the temperature shifts from cold to warm. Fall is the opposite as it is about the neutral colors and more layers as it shifts from warm to cold. With the layering you can be creative. Sweaters, jackets, blazers, scarves, button ups, etc.

Some examples of fall style.

[Image: 2-Big-Mens-and-women-winter-dresses-coll...2-2013.jpg]
[Image: Chad-White-for-Littlewoods-Fall-Winter-2...Net-03.jpg]
[Image: a3a45643d8e9c32efcd96741afb918a9.jpg]

It's also the beginning of boot season which is the best shoe style there is.

[Image: fcdb5d9d77fa60adaf8a0bb6fb60904f.jpg]
[Image: 2fc76dc33411dc3adb970a2530d44314.jpg]

Now I would like everyone else to post pictures and styles they like for the fall.

Fall Style Thread - rudebwoy - 10-01-2015

Boots I wear.

Jacket I wear.

Fall Style Thread - Oz. - 10-01-2015

That jacket is nice man where did you get it?

Fall Style Thread - coverdoc - 10-01-2015

Anyone have any recommendations for where to get some boots that look like dress shoes almost but with higher top around the ankles? I'm trying to transition over to boots but don't like the usual "boot look" if that makes sense.

-CD

Fall Style Thread - rudebwoy - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 04:20 PM)Oz. Wrote:  

That jacket is nice man where did you get it?

Alpha Industries .com

Fall Style Thread - realologist - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 04:25 PM)coverdoc Wrote:  

Anyone have any recommendations for where to get some boots that look like dress shoes almost but with higher top around the ankles? I'm trying to transition over to boots but don't like the usual "boot look" if that makes sense.

-CD

What's your price range?

Fall Style Thread - Travesty - 10-01-2015

I have the second to last Ox Blood color boots. They feel a bit big a clunky. Look better definitely with light or dark color pants. Normal blue jeans and red shoes or boots always clash badly in my experience and can look clownish. Maybe I need to break them in more. They don't feel as comfortable as other boots I've owned. May have to break them in more.

Fall Style Thread - Unfadable - 10-01-2015

Quote: (10-01-2015 07:22 PM)realologist Wrote:  

-CD

What's your price range?

I would recommend Clarks Desert Boots. They are easy to dress up or down, not expensive, there are a ton of different style/color/material combinations and they are comfortable as hell. I wear them throughout the fall and winter and get a lot of compliments on them.

Fall Style Thread - coverdoc - 10-02-2015

-CD

What's your price range?

Up to $100

Quote: (10-01-2015 11:43 PM)Unfadable Wrote:  

-CD

What's your price range?

I would recommend Clarks Desert Boots. They are easy to dress up or down, not expensive, there are a ton of different style/color/material combinations and they are comfortable as hell. I wear them throughout the fall and winter and get a lot of compliments on them.

Thanks I checked them out and really like this style below if anybody knows similar brands/styles:

[Image: 1434554856-09211300.jpg]

Fall Style Thread - C-Note - 10-02-2015

Colors: Browns, moss green, golden yellow, burnt orange, brick red, and medium-to-dark greys. Sky blue is ok because most sub-tropical places have lots of clear skies in the fall.

I suggest shifting your clothing style to be more rugged with thicker, coarser, and chunkier materials, more pockets, dark jeans, jean jackets with a sweater layered underneath (but try to avoid wearing a jean jacket and jean pants at the same time), and boots (as realologist said) or thicker-soled shoes (like Dr. Martens).

I think one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to brogued, brown boots are JCPenney's Deacon Boots. They are often on sale for as low as $55 and are much better, in my opinion, than other similarly-priced boots like Timberland.

[Image: attachment.jpg28338]   

Fall Style Thread - WestIndianArchie - 10-04-2015

Great post so far.

Let's start with the casual styles. I've been wearing less and less suits on the daily, probably down to 1-2 twice a month, when it was 16-20.

1) Hoodies

[Image: tumblr_nvpdhpntSD1ratsilo1_1280.jpg]

Not trying to get you dudes Trayvon'd, but rocking a hoodie in the fall/winter is a must if you're in the younger set. I couldn't find too many examples online of it being done well. For the most part, it's functional but hard to not look Uber "Urban"

2) Quilted Jackets/Goosedown/Puffer Jackets

[Image: tumblr_nvpdhpntSD1ratsilo6_1280.jpg]

There's a Japanese/Euro style that's not represented here, but there super thin and the surface of the material is almost reflective. They only look good on skinny Japanese/Euro dudes to me.

- Young Lion is rocking his well. Very simple.
- The green joint (Barbour?) is another classic. Usually goes well with coordinated pants and boots.
- The Grey Joint is one i've seen with and without the suit. This is how you mix high and low. The color and the "visual softness" of the fabric (i.e. it doesn't look like plastic) adds to the appeal. Your boy Daniel Craig rocked a Moncler version in Girl with the Dragon tattoo.

3) M65 Field Jackets

[Image: tumblr_nvpdhpntSD1ratsilo3_1280.jpg]

- That's me on the left
- Dressed down a little bit

There will always be something very masculine about repurposed military gear, hunting gear, and blue collar work wear. It's why designers often look towards how men worked and killed in the past when creating things for people who sit in front of computers typing their lives away.

4) MA-1 Bomber Jackets

This comes in a lot of variations, and it's the base for a fair number of other jacket styles. I haven't done the full research on it, but it's my go to.

Mine is black, orange inside, like Rudebwoy's. If you can find a reversbile one with a tame side and a wildside, I'd buy it.

[Image: tumblr_nvpdhpntSD1ratsilo4_1280.jpg]

5) Military Inspired/Hybrid style jackets

Like I was saying above, military shit is generally cool. But 2015 actual military stuff (especially them godawful combat boots) won't be cool for a while.

[Image: tumblr_nvpdhpntSD1ratsilo5_1280.jpg]

6) Hunter/Shooting/Rifle Coats and Jackets

Look up these on E-Bay. I was just at Macy's, and the Ralph Lauren version was $298 USD.

Notice how the padding is on the right side?
That's a feature, not a bug.

A real one is designed for hunting, and the padding takes some of edge off of the recoil of the rifle. The old school English ones you can get a vintage shop. The new school joints, you can find at Outdoor's places like Cabela's.

Also, a decent one will have more pockets (for shells). But you don't want one with a bajillion pockets. There has to be some "economy" when it comes to design elements. Otherwise you look like the guy with a fanny pack, backpack, and cargo shorts.

[Image: tumblr_nvpdhpntSD1ratsilo7_1280.jpg]

7) Fair Isle Sweaters
[Image: tumblr_nvpdhpntSD1ratsilo8_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nvpdhpntSD1ratsilo9_1280.jpg]

I love these things. I can never find an affordable one that is not scratchy.
Fair Isle is off the coast of Scotland (and if it's not Scottish, it's crap).

The design is what catches the eye. It's great on it's own and great for layering.

In the bottom pic, left, guy with his arm's crossed

That's a fair isle pattern on either a cardigan or jacket, with elbow patches.
The designer is combining a lot of trends.

8) Gloves
[Image: tumblr_nvpdkkrIKb1ratsilo2_1280.jpg]

The first one are relatively useful, if it doesn't get wet.
The second two are driving gloves.

Gloves are a good way to break up how guys typically dress.
If it's really cold, get some real gloves. Like the kind designed for skiing.

If you're in the city like I am, fingerless gloves "look cool" - but they'll keep your hands cold. If you need to use your phone, get the ones that are phone friendly.

Next post is for the guys still suiting up daily.

WIA

Fall Style Thread - WestIndianArchie - 10-04-2015

Cold Weather Steez

[Image: tumblr_nvpf8mY14e1ratsilo1_1280.jpg]

In general, a suit does for a man what a gown does for a woman. Visually, it just makes you look like one well thought out piece of art, living geometry.

When something fits well and it shows that you have style in that it's not boring - you become bigger than yourself to a lot of people.

With that said - Fall and Winter is all about layering and then coordinating the colors and textures
- Hat
- Scarf
- Overcoat/Rain Coat
- Suit and pocket square
- Shirt and seasonal Tie
- Proper shoes to walk in.

1) This is the level I'm trying to achieve.

[Image: tumblr_nvpfmnd9G61ratsilo1_1280.jpg]

On the left is His Imperial Majesty.
On the right is one of the last Tsar's of Russia. Take note of the hats. The dudes with the hats that are slightly titled, look cooler than the rest. Keep that in mind.

2) Overcoat and Suit - This is where you start.

[Image: tumblr_nvpc2tE2wn1ratsilo1_1280.jpg]

3) Standard Business Layering - The only thing here is a vest, and a lot of these guys have pocket squares.

[Image: tumblr_nvpdj04hYQ1ratsilo6_1280.jpg]

4) High Tech on the Inside

You see this on the East Coast a lot. You sometimes have to throw in the "fleece" because a lot of these things might not be warm enough.

[Image: tumblr_nvpdj04hYQ1ratsilo1_1280.jpg]

5) High Tech on the Outside
Much harder to pull off.

[Image: tumblr_nvpdj04hYQ1ratsilo2_1280.jpg]

6) Rain Coats

Cold is not your only enemy. A proper rain coat keeps your vitals dry. This is also where you need a good pair of boots. For historical purposes, the punched hole designs on your wing tips? Those pretty medallions and what not, they use to be actual wholes to let water out. Wingtips were for the country and hunting, a plainly designed shoe is considered more formal.

Color is for the bold. Most guys will either get black, dark brown, or the classic camel/khaki colored Inspector Gadget style Rain Coat. (sometimes it's trench coat)

[Image: tumblr_nvpdj04hYQ1ratsilo3_1280.jpg]

7) Overcoats, Peacoats, Chesterfields

These can be rocked w/out the suit. very warm.

[Image: tumblr_nvpdj04hYQ1ratsilo5_1280.jpg]

8) Ties for the Season

Wool/flannel for the cold. Silk is great all year. Cotton/Linen for the heat.

[Image: tumblr_nvpdj04hYQ1ratsilo4_1280.jpg]

9) Colorful Scarves

I have a charcoal grey joint that keeps me warm and looks like it belongs on a business guy. I used to have one from Venice that was bright and colorful and put me in a good mood. I wish I still had the Venice one.

A good scarf that keeps you warm, keeps you happy, and looks good is well worth the money.

[Image: tumblr_nvpdj04hYQ1ratsilo8_1280.jpg]

WIA

Fall Style Thread - General Mayhem - 10-04-2015

This is going to be the year I finally get one of these ten year hoodies

[Image: ugFW1v3hwZ_10-year_hoodie_0_original.jpg?1441991893]

Fall Style Thread - Designate - 10-04-2015

Outstanding as always WIA
[Image: clap.gif]

Fall Style Thread - robreke - 10-04-2015

I recently picked up this knitted linen blazer. It's similar to this one, a knit. Mine however is more of a bright royal blue than this one:

[Image: Missoni-Knitted-Blazer.jpg?token=Dx61tvN...ChaI3hQ%3D]

It seems tougher to match with clothes than my more traditional blazers. I don't really like wearing t shirts with blazers.

All the pics I see on the internet is guys wearing it with collarless t shirts which is not really my style.

Ideas of pants/ shirts that would compliment this sort of jacket/sweater/blazer well?

Fall Style Thread - J. Spice - 10-06-2015

I like this windshirt by Chrome:

[Image: iwp_ls1_1.jpg]

I have it in dark green/gray and it works with a lot of different outfits. It works great as a light jacket and a top layer when it gets colder.

Fall Style Thread - realologist - 10-06-2015

Days I dress up in the fall I like to rock something pretty close to this.

[Image: _streetFASHION-male-fashion-BrandonDuval...e0a7f6.jpg]

My pants aren't quite tight and they are a more burgundy color instead of red but the same idea.

Fall Style Thread - cascadecombo - 10-07-2015

^ that's a look similar to something I like to use as well. Minus the watch.

Fall Style Thread - realologist - 10-24-2015

What do you guys think of these boots for the fall?

[Image: RH-08111-1-pdp.jpg]

I think they look great and the color will go well with the season due to the hint of red in the color. They are Redwing boots and everything they make is high quality.

Fall Style Thread - Joga Bonito - 10-24-2015

Quote: (10-24-2015 07:10 PM)realologist Wrote:  

What do you guys think of these boots for the fall?

[Image: RH-08111-1-pdp.jpg]

I think they look great and the color will go well with the season due to the hint of red in the color. They are Redwing boots and everything they make is high quality.

Those are an easy cop. I got a pair of Beckman boots by Red Wing which look similar, and I get a ton of compliments on them.

[Image: attachment.jpg28539]   

On top of that, your local Red Wing store occurs free cleaning, oiling, and laces every 30 days, so its easy to maintain them.

Fall Style Thread - GoldHawkStar - 10-25-2015

Just bought this on Amazon, I'll get it Friday, but reading the reviews it sounds like this is made up of thinner material than what it looks. If so, does anyone know where I can get a hoodie that looks as similar to this as possible, only is actually made up of thick material that will keep me warm on Fall nights?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VTDR29O/ref=...B00H2C2D0E
[Image: Screenshot_7.png]

Fall Style Thread - WestIndianArchie - 10-25-2015

Quote: (10-04-2015 10:01 PM)robreke Wrote:  

I recently picked up this knitted linen blazer. It's similar to this one, a knit. Mine however is more of a bright royal blue than this one:

[Image: Missoni-Knitted-Blazer.jpg?token=Dx61tvN...ChaI3hQ%3D]

It seems tougher to match with clothes than my more traditional blazers. I don't really like wearing t shirts with blazers.

All the pics I see on the internet is guys wearing it with collarless t shirts which is not really my style.

Ideas of pants/ shirts that would compliment this sort of jacket/sweater/blazer well?

Royal Blue Blazer?

White shirt is traditional
Pink shirts are for Spring/Summer
A different shade of blue (lighter than Royal) would be a nice tonal move.
If you want contrast, YELLOW usually plays nice with blue.

I mean dress shirts. But a crewneck, v-neck, mock turtle neck, and turtle neck would all work.

Without seeing the blazer in question, it's hard to imagine something.

My particular taste would run towards brown to be honest. I love the brown/blue combination. So a brown shirt/sweater (tan or chocolate, i'd have to see the blazer) + a pocket square that incorporates the brown tones, but is largely some other color.

WIA

Fall Style Thread - getdownonit - 10-27-2015

Quote: (10-04-2015 10:01 PM)robreke Wrote:  

I picked up that linen knit blazer since you started this thread on it. Great for summer, since it's a lighter, brighter blue. I like it, always stands out and elicits interest from people.

I've found it goes great with a solid subtle pink or purple shirt, maybe a pastel yellow as well. Did well with white or other light colored pants. Would be tougher to make it work with fall colors.

Fall Style Thread - Menace - 10-27-2015

I highly recommend people consider ebay for things like suits and blazers. You can find ridiculous deals on second hand clothes that will look great once you put in some tailoring. I just bought a Ralph Lauren 100% camel hair sport coat for $60. About $50-100 of tailoring, and it will look perfect.

Fall Style Thread - Designate - 10-27-2015

Quote: (10-25-2015 09:20 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

My particular taste would run towards brown to be honest. I love the brown/blue combination. So a brown shirt/sweater (tan or chocolate, i'd have to see the blazer) + a pocket square that incorporates the brown tones, but is largely some other color.

Yeah I like that Brown/Blue combo too.

[Image: 12105204_1515693642086166_598227908_n.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nl5tb80k341u0k05io1_1280.jpg]