Roosh V Forum
Official DDOS thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Official DDOS thread (/thread-50226.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Official DDOS thread - Roosh - 09-03-2015

I wanted to start a new thread to update the old one.

So both the forum and ROK are being attacked through somewhat sophisticated "NTP Ampflication attacks" that are sending huge amounts of traffic to two separate networks I use (up to 50 Gbps).

The network engineers there have been patient in getting the sites back up (ROK has been up for the past 12 hours), but it has been a cat-and-mouse game for the past couple days. I'm getting more confident that we can stay online, but nothing is guaranteed. For the next week, it's just a matter of taking it one hour at a time.

Also, email has been disabled on the server, so you won't get any normal RVF notifications. This is not an urgent issue, but will be fixed eventually.

Link to chatroom (bookmark now in case of future downtime): http://www.chatzy.com/56965453413430

Official DDOS thread - Aquiles_Baesta_Parada - 09-03-2015

Just a reminder fellas:

Have two or three email addresses. I have my work email, one from my old school (that still works) and a burner one with fake Info.
Use them wisely...

Protect ya neck son!!!

Official DDOS thread - ryanf - 09-03-2015

Often these attacks are a front for other activity. They may be trying to find vulnerabilities in order to steal data, so that's something to keep an eye on.

Official DDOS thread - Gmac - 09-03-2015

Your best bet is to always use a secondary gmail or hotmail account (not a school email) for 99% of things internet related. It's easy to sign up and can't be traced back to you nearly as easily.

Official DDOS thread - Parlay44 - 09-03-2015

You speak the truth and people want to take you down.
Wonderful world we live in.

Official DDOS thread - easternwomenrule - 09-03-2015

The loser Canadain feminists, SJWs, white knights a pissed cause you outsmarted them!

It just shows how under their skins you got Roosh, lol [Image: biggrin.gif]

[Image: liar-liar-laugh-o.gif]

Official DDOS thread - Parlay44 - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 06:01 AM)ryanf Wrote:  

Often these attacks are a front for other activity. They may be trying to find vulnerabilities in order to steal data, so that's something to keep an eye on.

Stealing data [Image: huh.gif] Next thing you know they'll be outing forum members like Ashley Madison.

Official DDOS thread - scrambled - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 06:21 AM)easternwomenrule Wrote:  

The loser Canadain feminists, SJWs, white knights a pissed cause you outsmarted them!

It just shows how under their skins got Roosh, lol [Image: biggrin.gif]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissist...tic_injury

Narcissistic rage is a reaction to narcissistic injury, which is a perceived threat to a narcissist's self-esteem. Narcissistic rage occurs on a continuum from instances of aloofness, and expression of mild irritation or annoyance, to serious outbursts, including [virtual, verbal, or] violent attacks . . . .

The narcissist's attempts at being perfect are cohesive with their grandiose self-image. If a perceived state of perfection is not reached, it can lead to guilt, shame, anger or anxiety because the subject believes that they will lose the admiration and love from other people if they are not perfect.

Gmac has a good point that you should be not be using an email address that links you to your real identity.

Official DDOS thread - kbell - 09-03-2015

Maybe its the Chinese government due that one article. I changed my email though.

Official DDOS thread - Days of Broken Arrows - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 06:23 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Stealing data [Image: huh.gif] Next thing you know they'll be outing forum members like Ashley Madison.

Good point.

But the Ashley Madison crowd were looking to break a marriage contract and cheat on their wives. What will they charge us with? Talking to one another?

When it gets to the point that communicating with your fellow man has gotten you into trouble, you can be pretty sure your society has jumped the shark.

This is getting like Winston Smith in "1984." "He spoke to another person in a way not sanctioned by the state! Get him!!"

Anyway, they're hackers. They're the ones doing something illegal. If anyone was outed, just say they got it wrong...what with them being CRIMINALS and all. Last I heard speech was legal but hacking wasn't. I hope the authorities have been alerted about all this.

Official DDOS thread - Belgrano - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 06:42 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Gmac has a good point that you should be not be using an email address that links you to your real identity.

Let´s assume I did use such an email address for my forum account.
What are the chances that my account information got compromised?

Official DDOS thread - EuroSlumming - 09-03-2015

This is a good point. So how do you protect yourself if this is already the case? Users are unable to delete their accounts and I'm not sure if you can change your email address and remove the old one from your system.

Quote: (09-03-2015 06:23 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

It sounds crazy, but it's really not. They'll dox anyone who opposes them, it's some 1984 shit.

Quote: (09-03-2015 06:58 AM)EuroSlumming Wrote:  

This is a good point. So how do you protect yourself if this is already the case? Users are unable to delete their accounts and I'm not sure if you can change your email address and remove the old one from your system.

I believe once you change your email address, the mybb software doesn't have history tables to keep records of your old one. It may be contained in backups or server logs, however.

Quote:Quote:

As of now there is no indication that the server was hacked. If you change your email address is your account, the old one will not be saved.

Official DDOS thread - Libertas - 09-03-2015

I'm going to take a guess that the person(s) behind this aren't too sophisticated.

Serious hackers go after people's identities in a way that they can extract financial benefits. I suppose to register at Ashley Madison you would need to put your name and other sensitive information so that they can screen you. Here all you need is an email. There's no real financial benefit to hacking this place.

The ones behind this are probably just Anon faggots making a point in favor of "social justice."

Official DDOS thread - Gmac - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 06:58 AM)EuroSlumming Wrote:  

Click User CP at the top of the screen and then on the left hand side click change email.

Official DDOS thread - Belgrano - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 07:15 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

As of now there is no indication that the server was hacked. If you change your email address in your account, the old one will not be saved.

Thank you for clarifying, glad to hear that.
Also great that the forum is online again, really appreciate your efforts to keep this community alive and well.
More and more men all around the world benefit from that and the positive influence you had and will have on their lives.
[Image: thumb.gif]

Official DDOS thread - Hades - 09-03-2015

A lot of guys have been hanging out in the roosh refugee chatzy lounge if you guys need to get your fix and the forum is being worked on.

I did a lot of googling and even crawled into the shithole of the internet to look around and see if there were any somewhat public announcements that the rvf was going to get ddos attacked and nothing really came up. We had a long chat in the chatroom/methadone clinic and Suits concluded that it could be somebody getting paid by feminists (since they can barely use the internet). So there's my conspiracy theory of the day.

Official DDOS thread - Oz. - 09-03-2015

Are we back up completely or only temporarily? Do they really think they'll get rid of us that easily

Official DDOS thread - Going strong - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 07:27 AM)Libertas Wrote:  

I'm going to take a guess that the person(s) behind this aren't too sophisticated.

Serious hackers go after people's identities in a way that they can extract financial benefits. I suppose to register at Ashley Madison you would need to put your name and other sensitive information so that they can screen you. Here all you need is an email. There's no real financial benefit to hacking this place.

The ones behind this are probably just Anon faggots making a point in favor of "social justice."

It is indeed a possibility...

But there is another explanation: to sum it up, if these attackers do not go after our identities and/or money, it means either (as you pointed out) that they are amateurs, just the usual stupid, no-life SJWs... or, it means that these attackers have another motivation[Image: dodgy.gif]: shut the forum down, to prevent its red-pill messages to be heard. Especially the red-pill political messages, more than the purely game-related ones, I'd guess...

I would put my money on this second explanation... Especially as the US election draws close, and well, what with threads like the "Donald Trump appreciation" one? Very inconvenient thread for many, many people...

This forum undoubtedly allows very uncomfortable truths to be aired, to be discussed. This is I guess, and logically, unbearable for the ultra-liberal left : hence the attacks.

So I do think that the attackers are not basement-dwelling no life SJW virgin nerds, this time. I think they are highly-motivated leftists, maybe even from some left-leaning US candidate's campaign team? Just a thought...

Official DDOS thread - Days of Broken Arrows - 09-03-2015

Quote: (09-03-2015 07:27 AM)Libertas Wrote:  

Gawker has been known to out people on Reddit for the sole purpose of making them lose their jobs. Here is one case of that. I'm sure there are others.

It's ironic that "outing" used to mean exposing the sex lives of gay men so they'd lose their jobs. Now it means exposing the "incorrect" viewpoints of people you disagree with. America is a nation of busybodies.

Official DDOS thread - glugger - 09-03-2015

They are most likely just hiring a botnet. Like this:
http://www.webroot.com/blog/2012/06/06/d...ainstream/

Thanks to the increasing availability of custom coded DDoS modules within popular malware and crimeware releases, opportunistic cybercriminals are easily developing managed DDoS for hire, also known as “rent a botnet” services, next to orchestrating largely under-reported DDoS extortion campaigns against financial institutions and online gambling web sites.

In this post, I’ll profile a managed DDoS for hire service, offering to “take down your competitor’s web sites offline in a cost-effective manner”.

Official DDOS thread - IvanDrago - 09-03-2015

I don't think this is being orchestrated by any group but one, Lex Luthor type mastermind.

[Image: attachment.jpg19404]