Roosh V Forum
4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: 4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility (/thread-49116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - samsamsam - 07-16-2015

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/16/sho...-lockdown/

Quote:Quote:

BREAKING NEWS: Four Marines were reportedly killed Thursday at a Chattanooga, Tenn., Navy training center, in one of two attacks at area military facilities that happened nearly simultaneously and just seven miles apart.

The Marines were killed by a gunman who opened fire at a Naval Reserves Operations Center on Amnicola Highway, a U.S. official told The Associated Press. The official said the sole gunman was also killed.

Marilyn Hutcheson, who works at Binswanger Glass just across the street from the Naval Reserve Center on Amnicola Highway, said she heard a barrage of gunfire around 11 a.m.

"It was rapid fire, like pow pow pow pow pow, so quickly"

- Marilyn Hutcheson, a witness
"I couldn't even begin to tell you how many," she said. "It was rapid fire, like pow pow pow pow pow, so quickly. The next thing I knew, there were police cars coming from every direction."

The names of the Marines who were reportedly shot were not immediately released, and government officials did not confirm the report. Although Marines spokesman Maj. Paul Greenberg, said "we cannot confirm any casualties at this time," Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam confirmed that "lives have been lost.

The Navy Operational Support Center and Marine Corps Reserve Center lies along a bend in the Tennessee River, northeast of downtown Chattanooga

President Obama was briefed by his national security team on the shooting involving two military sites, according to White House spokesman Eric Schultz.

The shooting there came around the same time that a gunman in a silver Mustang opened fire at an Armed Forces Career Center in a strip mall some seven miles away, on Lee's Highway. The shooter stopped in front of the recruiting facility, shot at the building and drove off, said Brian Lepley, a spokesman with the U.S. Army Recruiting Command in Fort Knox, Ky. There were reports that a police officer was wounded in the shooting at the recruiting center, which Lepley said offers recruiting services for all four branches of the military.

It was not immediately known if the shootings were related, or what prompted them.

A federal law enforcement official told Fox News that officers from FBI's Knoxville field office responded to the scene.

The Knoxville News Sentinel reported that there is a heavy police presence at the , along with five ambulances.

"There has been several [shootings] at several different locations. It's a fluid situation," John Harmon, a spokesman for the Tennessee Highway Patrol, told Reuters.

Lee University in Cleveland, which is about 30 minutes from the shooting, was also on lockdown

The Federal Aviation Administration said it was holding departing flights at their gates in Chattanooga, with delays projected to last 15 minutes or less.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Disco_Volante - 07-16-2015

I'll take 2 to 1 odds it was a Somali from Nashville associated with al shabaab.
the military has really stupid rules, these marines weren't allowed to be armed in the zone they were in.
you're supposed to call 911 and wait 20 minutes for cops to show up while you get slaughtered.

edit: during Ramadan so that's why theyre already calling it terrorism.

local police immediately dubbed it terrorism, but now FBI is 'reviewing' it and will probably change the name those politically correct bastards.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - samsamsam - 07-16-2015

Apparently at 10:45 AM he went to one location and shot one person and then drove 6.5 miles to the second location.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - kinjutsu - 07-16-2015

I also put money on the guy having some mental health issues in his life, lack of a strong father figure, terrible mother lots of other things that didn't help him become well adjusted in life.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - kaotic - 07-16-2015

In before race thread starts

According to the news, naturalized male from Kuwait.

And a slight rant, thanks social media for making it so easy to encourage nutjobs to do crazy shit. News is commenting that social media/internet made it possible.

Edit: I know we have the principle of innocent until proven guilty. But it annoys me how the news is reporting that we don't know if it is crime or something more (meaning terrorism). I try to be fair about almost everything, but come on. Just a crime? Went on a rampage because his Dubai porta potty gf dumped him?

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - speakeasy - 07-16-2015

Quote: (07-16-2015 02:14 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

edit: apparently it was a white guy. but during Ramadan so that's why theyre already calling it terrorism.

I just heard on the radio news that the shooter's name is Muhammed Abullah Aziz. And if it's Ramadan, I think we can put 2 and 2 together as to the motivation.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - 8ball - 07-16-2015

CBS - 4 Marines killed in attacks on Chattanooga military facilities

A gunman unleashed a barrage of gunfire at two military facilities Thursday in Tennessee, killing at least four Marines and wounding a soldier and a police officer, officials told CBS News. The suspect also was killed.

Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke said five people died in all, including the gunman. Two law enforcement sources told CBS News that the shooting suspect was identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.
Link

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - HighSpeed_LowDrag - 07-16-2015

Quote: (07-16-2015 03:07 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (07-16-2015 02:14 PM)Disco_Volante Wrote:  

edit: apparently it was a white guy. but during Ramadan so that's why theyre already calling it terrorism.

I just heard on the radio news that the shooter's name is Muhammed Abullah Aziz. And if it's Ramadan, I think we can put 2 and 2 together as to the motivation.

[Image: tumblr_njizlp6awI1s78unoo1_500.gif]

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - AntiTrace - 07-16-2015

So a kid kills 9 people in a charlestown church and its "WHITE man murders 9 BLACK people at church" but when a muslim goes off the rockers its "4 dead at Navy Center"

What a joke the media is.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Saweeep - 07-16-2015

The BBC are already calling him a "gunman"...

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Hotwheels - 07-16-2015

Eagerly awaiting Trump's reaction.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - TheSlayer - 07-16-2015

Quote: (07-16-2015 03:38 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

The BBC are already calling him a "gunman"...

It's funny the mental gymnastics the media does whenever we have cases of Islamic terrorism to not call a spade a spade.

[Image: article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408.jpg]

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Aenigmarius - 07-16-2015

At least the shooter is dead .

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - robreke - 07-16-2015

According to this report, it occurred in a gun free zone. Gun free zones - where most psycho mass shooters choose to do their evil:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/07/...one-video/

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Dr. Howard - 07-16-2015

This is the next town over from me, people in this part of the state are already all worked up over the whole confederate flag deal so I'm going to put bets that there is going to be some random 'retaliation' on a gas station owner that may just look like their name is mohamed in the next few days as the pickup driving, sleeveless t shirt wearing young men around here already have steam to vent.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - TheWastelander - 07-16-2015

I would like to thank samsamsam for being a man of character and bringing this attack to my attention without hamhandedly trying to make a political point in the first post.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Isaac Jordan - 07-16-2015

Quote: (07-16-2015 03:38 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Eagerly awaiting Trump's reaction.

From Anonymous Conservative's blog:

Trump’s Stand on Guns Could Have Saved Four Marines

Trump has now prescribed two solutions only to immediately see the need for them underscored dramatically by unfolding events. Say what you will, he does seem to have an ability to see problems that need to be addressed while others are too focused on current events, or afraid of political fallout to propose anything meaningful.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - TheBlackNarwhal - 07-16-2015

CNN currently broadcasting the Marines' bodies uncovered while police do forensic photos.

What an absolute disgrace on their part.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Twister - 07-16-2015

Quote: (07-16-2015 02:44 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

This reads exactly like a whiny Reddit comment, and not one a masculine man would make.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - AntiTrace - 07-16-2015

Quote: (07-16-2015 05:35 PM)Twister Wrote:  

Quote: (07-16-2015 02:44 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

This reads exactly like a whiny Reddit comment, and not one a masculine man would make.

Pipe down armchair alpha.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - texrifle - 07-16-2015

The good news is that after the families and/or next of kin are notified and the names of those killed are made public then the families will receive support from both current and former military members. I'm watching CNN now and news anchors are suggesting bullet proof glass and armed recruiters. It remains to be seen what the Marine Corps's response will be as a result of these killings. If there isn't an official stance supporting self-defence soon then recruiters will be forced to take it into their own hands, endangering their own careers by breaking protocol while ensuring their own safety. A shitty situation to be in to say the least.

Edit: That protocol being the inability to wear a service weapon while recruiting.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Hotwheels - 07-16-2015

Apparently the ban on military members carrying weapons in these situations was enacted by Clinton.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - TheWastelander - 07-16-2015

Quote: (07-16-2015 05:45 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Apparently the ban on military members carrying weapons in these situations was enacted by Clinton.

The military has gone back and forth on this stuff for years. Not sure if people at recruiting stations have ever been armed.

4 Marines reportedly dead in shooting attack at Tennessee Navy facility - Dusty - 07-16-2015

I'm waiting to see what flag needs to be banned as a result of this shooting.