Roosh V Forum
Nice shoes - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Nice shoes (/thread-4656.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Nice shoes - Screwston - 05-17-2011

I'm looking to get some nice black slip on shoes to wear when I dress up. I've asked around and it seems like shoelaces are out of style and the pointy slip ons are in. These are some brands I'm looking at

Colehan
Aldo
Steve madden
Gucci
Johnston and murphy
Balley

Anyone have experience with these? The steve madden's seem nice and aren't to expensive.

Nice shoes - Kickb - 05-17-2011

what's the most you are willing to spend

Nice shoes - Screwston - 05-17-2011

120 and that's pushing it. I want to stay around 100 if possible.

Nice shoes - Mystik - 05-17-2011

Don't get hung up on one particular brand. Go to the stores and try and feel the shoes, see what works best for you. You feel like a chik doing this but its the best way to pick out a good wardrobe. Also, its a little harsh to say that laces are out, nowadays, I mostly see slip ons with chinos.

Nice shoes - Kickb - 05-17-2011

I found a shoe for you. it is cool and hip. This shoes says "Hey im a young successful guy with a great sense of style"

[Image: filau239720_135104_lg.jpg]

If that is not for you then going from store to store is a good idea. Plus, it will give you an opportunity to talk to more girls by going from store to store

if you want to shop online or get a feel for what shoe you want, go here.

http://www.shoebuy.com/s.jsp/r_prof/d_Ad...mit=Search

theres 920 results for black men's dress shoes. Looks like alot of ugly shoes so you will have to scour the site. I have purchased shoes from here inthepast

Nice shoes - Brian - 05-17-2011

i like DSW shoe warehouse because everything is out for you to try on so you dont have to deal w/the salespeople going into the back to bring everything out.

as you get a little older and make a little bit of coin and really know what you want you can start dropping some more money on the gucci's because shoes like that will last you at least 10 years if you take care of them. they almost become an investment at that point. but if you are just going to trash them at bars go to DSW and find something cheaper.

Nice shoes - docsedated - 05-18-2011

When you are Looking also look at these two brands.

1. Mark Nason: Boots and shoes both ( Expensive but everybody notices ) First time I saw some one wearing them , I had to stop that man and ask him...... and I also saw a Girl Opening him and complimenting on his shoe.

2.Robert Wayne: I have 2 pairs and get tons of compliments on both.

Happy Hunting.......

Nice shoes - Chad Daring - 05-18-2011

I got a decent pit of kicks for $90 a Macy's forgot the name but they're clean comfy and I've been complimented because of them

Nice shoes - UrbanNerd - 05-18-2011

Johnson & Murphy is gonna cost more than $100 (probably $150-$225 range) but GREAT quality.

Nice shoes - Gmac - 05-18-2011

Quote: (05-18-2011 09:28 AM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I got a decent pit of kicks for $90 a Macy's forgot the name but they're clean comfy and I've been complimented because of them

I started getting into boots recently. Here's the last pair I bought. I get quite a few compliments and looks.

Mark Nason LA BAR Boots
Retail @ $179.99, got them new for $100 on eBay.

Just make sure you research boot sizes, they vary.

[Image: Boots.png]

Nice shoes - fresh - 05-18-2011

You should difenetly check out some of Louboutin studded high tops. I got that with silver studs, the peacock look. Several girls has opened on me(in the two saturdays, when I had them on). They love the shoes, know you got a steady job since you willing to spend 800$ on some sneaks, and they want to wear them. I never had expirienced so much more attention with any other item i bought, (Beats, Brietling Bathing abe). But the Loubotins makes the girls go nuts.

By the way sorry for my bad english.

Nice shoes - OGNorCal707 - 05-18-2011

I got a pair of real crocodile loafers in Cambodia for a cool $175, same shows here in the U.S. usually run any where from $500-1000. They are pimp as fuck, but unfortunately only match with a few outfits and are out of place at the dive bars I usually frequent. Need to hit up some upscale clubs in the city G-Manifesto style.

My recommendation are Clarks "Wallabees", gangster as fuck, and might as well be the official shoe of the Wu Tang Clan.

Nice shoes - Chad Daring - 05-18-2011

@Gmac are there any retail spots in DC that sell Nasson's so I can try em on before dropping money?

Nice shoes - Duke Castile - 05-18-2011

These are the boots I wear and I always get compliments. Under a 100 right now on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Lounge-Mark-Nason-...064&sr=8-1

I think these are cool and won't bust your wallet up.

http://www.amazon.com/Rex-Robert-Wayne-S...14&sr=8-10

Nice shoes - Biz - 05-19-2011

Not being a hater or anything but I'm just very anal about shoes, sneakers, whatever....Mark Nason shoes are just terrible, they belong on mystery or style or just any douchebag

Check out some boat shoes or a nice pair of loafers instead, much more respect from both genders, will make you look like you know what your doing

Nice shoes - Biz - 05-19-2011

Quote: (05-18-2011 07:12 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I got a pair of real crocodile loafers in Cambodia for a cool $175, same shows here in the U.S. usually run any where from $500-1000. They are pimp as fuck, but unfortunately only match with a few outfits and are out of place at the dive bars I usually frequent. Need to hit up some upscale clubs in the city G-Manifesto style.

My recommendation are Clarks "Wallabees", gangster as fuck, and might as well be the official shoe of the Wu Tang Clan.

Clarks wallabees I used to rock in HS, still have a few pairs...Clarks also makes really sick shoes other than the wallys, def check out

Nice shoes - Vicious - 05-19-2011

If you want to wear some classy sneaker but not want to fall into the Nike trap then you should definitely look into Adidas Originals or Lacoste tennis shoes. These are more stripped down shoes that strictly adhere to the "less is more" philosophy.

[Image: adidas-originals-mens-tennis-pro.jpg]

Nice shoes - Duke Castile - 05-19-2011

Quote: (05-19-2011 12:39 AM)Biz Wrote:  

Not being a hater or anything but I'm just very anal about shoes, sneakers, whatever....Mark Nason shoes are just terrible, they belong on mystery or style or just any douchebag

Check out some boat shoes or a nice pair of loafers instead, much more respect from both genders, will make you look like you know what your doing

Guaranteed you never get any compliments or openers from girls on your cookie cutter boat shoes.

Why don't you just recommend that everyone buy a pair of slacks and wear a tucked in polo with a nice weaved brown belt?

"Respect" from both genders? I'm going for attraction from just one gender, and that involves standing out and being noticeable not forgettable.

Nice shoes - Khaleth - 05-19-2011

I've been wearing a lot of Creative Recreation shoes lately. They look pretty cool and the company is still pretty low key, so you should stand out. Maybe its just me but I've had enough Adidas/Puma/Nike/Lacoste's for a life time. I just ordered these True Religion and Uggs shoes online too and one day (when I know I've made it) I'm gonna rock those Christian Diors at the bottom. These are all pretty reasonably priced online too... $65-140 CDN (Except for the Diors at $420 [Image: exclamation.gif] ) For dress shoes I have a nice pair from Aldo. I just don't wear dress shoes enough for work, or night life to justify buying more than one pair.

Nice shoes - mikeymike - 05-19-2011

Brings about an interesting debate, do you forgo personal style tendencies to go with what gets noticed or do you say screw what gets noticed ... I wear what I like and they'll notice me more cause I'm comfortable within my gear.

I tend to be in the biz camp on this battle im picky when it comes to shoes, Nasons have a little more flare then I tend to like to put out there, same camp as the affliction ed hardy blinged out shirts. They work, I've seen them work but on a personal level the style just doesn't feel right on me. I know if I rocked it i'd be like what the hell am I doing in this and it'd come across to girls I'm hitting up. I'll admit that Fistos right, I rock some expensive shoes and boots and i'll get compliments once and a while but it's by a girl who knows fashion well, the average 21-28 year old that we're working is going to see Nasons and be like nice, see a pair of my gucci loafers for example and prolly think old man shoes lol

Khaleth, great casual shoes recommendations, I'll have to check out creative rec, never heard of them before, I'm not sold on the uggs but the rest are tight. Get those Diors man they're pimp.

Nice shoes - Duke Castile - 05-19-2011

To be fair, I don't wear ed hardy, affliction et al.

I use accessories and shoes for edge. An obnoxiously big ring. or a bracelet. not both. Maybe a big watch. The nason shoes are a bit much but not shirts that are so tight your armpits could get yeast infections with all that shit on them. It's a balance but, I think it gives me a look that separates me from the heard.

Nice shoes - mikeymike - 05-19-2011

Quote: (05-19-2011 09:33 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

To be fair, I don't wear ed hardy, affliction et al.

I use accessories and shoes for edge. An obnoxiously big ring. or a bracelet. not both. Maybe a big watch. The nason shoes are a bit much but not shirts that are so tight your armpits could get yeast infections with all that shit on them. It's a balance but, I think it gives me a look that separates me from the heard.

I wasn't implying that you rocked the hardy or affliction just that they are similar in goal, they get attention. You're totally right it is a balance and anything that gets you an edge is a good thing if you can pull it off. I take a few more fashion risks with my watches and hats then I do with my shoes and it works, women respond, I just can't pull the wilder kicks off confidently, don't wanna go into battle in battlegear you don't trust right.

Nice shoes - Mystik - 05-19-2011

Quote: (05-19-2011 07:13 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Brings about an interesting debate, do you forgo personal style tendencies to go with what gets noticed or do you say screw what gets noticed ... I wear what I like and they'll notice me more cause I'm comfortable within my gear.

Exactly! Those boots will get you noticed, no doubt, but I will have a hard time sporting them because they will not fit my personal style and I will feel uncomfortable while wearing them. I would rather try the shoes recommended by Khaleth.

Nice shoes - Vicious - 05-20-2011

Quote: (05-19-2011 10:23 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

I wasn't implying that you rocked the hardy or affliction just that they are similar in goal, they get attention.

Maybe 5 years ago that would have been the case, after one too many tragic reality soap however Ed Hardy and Affliction has that WT stamp all over it. If it's noticeable it would only be with the all the more diminishing douche crowd that doesn't have the self-awareness to know when their wardrobe is on the way out.

Nice shoes - Screwston - 05-20-2011

Well, I've narrowed it down to a few brands but now I'm stuck on whether to get slip ons or laces. Shit