Roosh V Forum
Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? (/thread-4589.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - bluewater7 - 05-13-2011

So I'm bored out of my fucking mind and am now thinking about heading down to South America for the first time.

Thinking Bogota to start MCO->BOG $349 on Jetblue.

I don't speak Spanish... well.. I can say very simple things. So, I'm wondering where the best places to go with low flight costs are for gringos.

Thinking about Bogota and then using Aires to get to Medellin and maybe Barranquilla and then bus to Cartagena and Santa Marta for a total of a month or more. I could axe out some or most of these locations. I did the whirlwind style trip in Asia and it worked out in some places simply from pipelining online ... but I'm open to finding one spot and chillin, too.

Also, considering Cali and/or Pereira. But, again, I don't speak Spanish.

And then for month #2 I'm thinking about heading to Lima and Peru as the ticket from Bogota is around $450 or so. So this would allow me to hit two countries for a total of what the RT ticket to Lima would cost + ~$70 bones from Florida.

If possible, and this is perhaps highly unlikely - although it was possible in the Philippines, for example.. I'm looking for places where chicks stare you down if you're white, somewhat young and athletic. I don't have blonde hair, am more of the shaved head, muscular but clean-cut type. If that makes a difference.

Essentially my goal is to check out some new places, meet girls who are interested in talking to me and will put out a bunch of effort.. (if I wanted to put effort in I'd go back to South Beach where I do fairly well with extremely hot chicks..) and see some new countries.

Looking for the best combination of hot chicks / English-friendly / most apt to be hunting for me. Oh ya.. and low cost.

So from what I gather Miraflores is good in Lima. And also perhaps some places in Colombia although I do understand Colombian chicks are all about games and bullshit and most don't speak English.

Basically this stuff is what everyone likes. But, I guess some guys on here have Spanish skills and may have noticed that in some places girls were into guys who spoke English.. so maybe they could relay that info in this thread.

For example, I've heard in Miraflores there are places where chicks approach you speaking English and when you're a white dude you walk in and chicks stare you down. That's money.

I understand, however, that in Colombia girls will stare you down and then just fuck with you. But, whatever, I'm up for the game. I'm not so bad at fucking with them back. [Image: wink.gif]

I don't really feel "afraid" that I don't speak Spanish.. hell I lived in Miami for 5-6 years.. but, it would be nice, again, to have girls that are WANTING to speak English and see it as "upper-class" or "hot".. if I can. But, I'm also willing to wing-it and go all Espanol with some kind of iPhone app and just work purely off looks alone and body language and just moving in for the kill. Talking can be overrated.

I guess, my friends, the last thing I will leave you with in this interesting brainstorming session on one of my favorite forums is this.. I love VERY hot chicks. This is kind of a side-note.. but, I'm always looking for ways to date the ELITE girls that Mixx says date drug dealers in Colombia and shit like that. Had my fair share of luck SOMETIMES in Miami.. but, not enough.. in fact.. there are so many hot girls there and I want to fuck them all in South Beach my head fucking explodes. So I had to get out of there for a while.

The Cordoba fake modeling agency thing was funny.. read that thread.. and have my own possible ways of Pipelining models.. but any tips as to where the ELITE bitches are down there in South America or even DR and how to score them would be appreciated.

If not, I'll settle for elite-LOOKING girls who aren't upper-class. Love the country white chicks like that - no bitch shield and hot.. find them every now and then.. kind of like a shooting star.. sort of rare, but a lot of them right here in the US.

But, I love bitches I don't have to work for. I encounter them sometimes. When they see or perceive my success, or this or that.. but I'm into lowest effort / hottest chicks. Will use online game if needed.

Peace be with you.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - Dash Global - 05-13-2011

if you dont speak spanish i wouldnt even waste ur time on ELITE chicks. unless you look like a model, even then u still got an uphill battle.

so you got 2 months right?

if i were you i would skip bogota. go spend 2 weeks in cali. then catch a plane to barranquilla and spend 2 weeks there. you might can switch out cali for a place like peirera sp? either way you will be in the right spot.

then go spend a month in lima.

really try be able to say basic shit in spanish.

def hit up online dating sites before leaving.

cali and barranquilla dont get alot of young white tourists so all spots will be pretty good. most important thing is being in a place where u know u are getting alot of IOI's. if the grls are bitches and not friendly find a new spot. most of the time a downgrade in status area will due the trick for that.

lima should be good, real good. be sure to hit up some reggeaton clubs with hot 18 yrs olds away from milaflores. it will be alittle more dicey but uwill be able to pull some fine young ass there no doubt! grls are mad freaks and will pretty much fuck u on the dance floor dancing! [Image: smile.gif]

also during the week nights when its dead hit up the strip clubs and p4p spots and try and spit game to those chicks. get their number and plan to meet them nxt day. they will put out trust me!

anything else just ask

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - bluewater7 - 05-13-2011

Yaaa dash.. nice one man.. I've dated models.. but its a combination of things to get them.. place on the ocean in south beach, right build/athletic, owning a company, etc. ... plus an attitude. And even with that girls can flake out and are "human". Fuck nice place in Bogota is about 2x cost of an oceanfront place in south beach. So who knows man.. I'm all about best bang for the buck. Plus its winter down there right now.

Anyway.. ya I'm not afraid to get down on the dance floor.. keep it smooth though, not like a crazy white jack ass.. lol.. been to some salsa places before.. I fake it alright.. lol

When I walked in certain places in the Philippines I finally knew what it was like to be a chick with the stares.. just like a lot of guys have said before.. actually, some of the girls there were fairly hot.. not like 6' models.. but hot in terms of 90-100 pounds and pretty.. also, there were plenty of terrible looking chicks there too. Mostly terrible, actually.

But in terms of this trip.. I have to say your trip did influence me and I know you have more stories. Its tough to write.. spend a lot of time just reading and working.. figure its time to take some action again..

Brazil seems more expensive plus its Winter there.. Buenos Aires .. its winter and the girls can be / are a pain in the ass. Cordoba is supposed to be cool.. but its about $1k to get there. Probably out right now. Rather hit up 2 places for $1k in airline tiks.

Actually thought about hitting up Paraguay. I'm familiar with the dead bat story.. lol.. but, from what I hear it can be a real fuckfest. Again, I know 0 Spanish.. would have to work the network from my alumni association which is worldwide.. or other shit.. Same with Santa Cruz Bolivia.. but again, those aren't quite "cheap". And I'm looking to leave in like 1 week with muy poco espanol.

Also DR and/or Panama City could figure into the mix (C. America, but close enough). But Colombia seems to be a go with a direct flight in on jetblue, and aires local flights.. then ya peru.. maybe make my way there to Machu Picchu or whatever the fuck that thing is called as well as Lima..

I've heard the girls in Peru are kind of brutal. But then again.. the girls in the Philippines are kind of brutal.. and I'm comparing shit to South Beach.. and still had a pretty good time because it was a different fucking world AND there were some fairly cute/hot chicks. Thailand was the same way.

Now that I'm thinking about it.. I might hit up my alumni association's now just to see if there are any "baller" events in any of these places. WTF, ya know?

Thanks for the reply.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - Dash Global - 05-13-2011

how old are you if u dont mind me asking?

u really cant go wrong with colombia and peru. esp if ur trying to keep costs down.

turned 30 couple months back..

I love models.. LOL:

http://www.latina.com/lifestyle/news-pol...ang-leader

BTW - this fashion show could be worth hitting:

http://www.google.com/search?q=colombiam...18&bih=621

Site for it this year in Medellin July 26th:

http://www.inexmoda.org.co/Default.aspx?...oda2011eng

Easy part is showing up.. tough part is shifting demand so people give a fuck that you're there

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - WEDO - 05-13-2011

I'll be in Cali the 16th of June to the 2nd of July. I have a nice car and know Cali well...I'll be travelling with another gringo.
I haven't gotten the dates yet but my friend wants to go to the feria de tulua...he has gone before and says there are an insane
amount of hot colombianas looking to hook up.

Let me know if you are going to be around those dates.

Take care.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - bluewater7 - 05-14-2011

Thanks bro..

I will let you know as I am figuring it all out now.

Sounds good.. checked out a couple of sites.. do they have 2 fairs there in Cali?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cali_Fair

http://www.feriadecali.com/

I could be reading it wrong but I think it says 224 days away / December.. they have one in Summer then as well, yes?

Looks pretty cool to me..

Ya that's I guess another thing about some of these places.. especially with no/little Spanish.. are things to do. Have heard a lot of places in Colombia could be boring.. But, then again, maybe I could stop being so stubborn and learn Spanish LOL.

But fairs and things like this sound cool to me.. plus I'm sure some hot girls would give me things to do.

EDIT: It looks like I be getting festivals mixed up ... appears you were talking about one in this city, yes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulu%C3%A1 ... looks like its about 60 miles from Cali .. what's your friend say about it? Sounds cool.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - WEDO - 05-14-2011

Quote: (05-14-2011 03:40 AM)bluewater7 Wrote:  

Thanks bro..

I will let you know as I am figuring it all out now.

Sounds good.. checked out a couple of sites.. do they have 2 fairs there in Cali?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cali_Fair

http://www.feriadecali.com/

I could be reading it wrong but I think it says 224 days away / December.. they have one in Summer then as well, yes?

Looks pretty cool to me..

Ya that's I guess another thing about some of these places.. especially with no/little Spanish.. are things to do. Have heard a lot of places in Colombia could be boring.. But, then again, maybe I could stop being so stubborn and learn Spanish LOL.

But fairs and things like this sound cool to me.. plus I'm sure some hot girls would give me things to do.

EDIT: It looks like I be getting festivals mixed up ... appears you were talking about one in this city, yes? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulu%C3%A1 ... looks like its about 60 miles from Cali .. what's your friend say about it? Sounds cool.

No, there is only one Feria de Cali and it is December....if you can't make it when I'm in Cali a strongly recommend that you find someone else to show you around or you will not have the best time possible.

The learning curve in Cali is steep but well worth it...otherwise you will end up being stuck with the chicas plasticas de Medellin...like a lot of other gringos. jajaja

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - Gringo - 05-14-2011

Quote:Quote:

But, then again, maybe I could stop being so stubborn and learn Spanish LOL

Exactly, stop being so lazy. It's not a difficult language to learn, you can pick up enough basics really quickly and it will help a lot. I don't see why you're so against the idea and yet still expect to do well.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - maestrobaires - 05-14-2011

peru and colombia no doubt! argentina is not worth it + it's winter now

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - bluewater7 - 05-14-2011

@ WEDO
Yes, I've heard that.. and yes, I also may end up in Medellin. LOL. But, I'm def up for Cali.. heard there is a steep learning curve. I'll def hit you up.

@ Gringo
I'm not against it and I'm not sure I expect to do so well - esp. with top tier ass. Which is why I'm posting here in this thread - to discuss a bit. I took Japanese for 3 years, ran out of patience and didn't end up moving to Hawaii or Japan. Luckily, I grew up in a country where English is the first language and I have the patience of a fucking flea, plus I run a company. But, its not a bad idea.. I'm not anti-Espanol just so many hours in the day and don't ~NEED~ it to survive. Living in Colombia, yes, of course would be a different story. But, not sure I'd live there. Not sure its worth it to fuck either. But, I could get there and change my tune. Already checking out iphone apps and browser plugins, livemocha.com, etc. I know enough to make chicks laugh.. and again, sometimes speaking is overrated. Perception is king.

@maest Ya you're right man.. although Peru, due to winter, may get axed for longer stays at Colombian cities..

Thinking potentially:

- 3 Weeks in Bogota
- 3 Weeks in Cali
- 3-4 Weeks in Barranquilla / Santa Marta / Cartagena
- 3-4 Weeks in Medellin

May stretch the trip into August. Although.. this is pretty hilarious, just saw this here - regarding Gringos who don't speak Spanish.. I thought it was funny:

http://www.talesofagringo.com/?p=207

This quote is funny:

"In the meantime, I’ll have to say goodbye to Medellin. Which mostly means saying goodbye to Adriana, the girl I’ve been dating for the past few months. Given how much I’ve moved around the past 6-7 years, some of you might think that I’m actually used to saying goodbye. I’m not. I absolutely hate it. If I never had to say goodbye again in my life, I’d be quite happy.

But ultimately I know that I need to leave, that I need to say goodbye. Adriana’s an amazing person and I will miss her a lot. But it’s hard to be in a relationship with someone that you can only have limited conversations with. Yesterday my spanish teacher asked me how Adriana feels about me leaving. I told him I didn’t know, that I didn’t know enough Spanish to have that conversation with her.

Of course, that’s not why I’m leaving Medellin. As I’ve alluded to before I’m bored here. Really bored. Partially it’s because my only commitment has been my twice a week spanish class. But it’s more than that. I just can’t find enough things to keep my busy. In fact, this is a common conversation that Adriana and I have when we get together:

Me: Do you have any ideas of what we can do?
Adriana: Nope. How about you?
Me: Nope"

In my opinion they should stop staring at each other and get some threesomes going or something. Fuck. But, anyway, it kind of illustrates some funny shit.. and issues I was thinking about. But, who cares, I still might do it. It'd be fun. Only live once.

BTW for anyone in my shoes.. here are some interesting links:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/200...s-a-favor/

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/200...-language/

http://www.learn-spanish-smart.com/tim-f...guage.html

http://thelinguist.blogs.com/how_to_lear...rning.html

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/200...arly-show/

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/200...id-update/

This thread is irritating: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3824.html

Ah well.. maybe F*** the whole idea. LOL.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - whosyourdaddy - 05-15-2011

BTW, Bogota to Lima is 70 hours by bus. Airfares aren't cheap either.

I was also trying to do a similar trip. Was thinking Col + DR or Col +panama or col + peru. I was all set on going to Brazil until i started to think that winter wasn't the best idea despite the warmish temps and the real was soo expensive that it made me reconsider my trip (it's better now).

As far as spanish goes, you live in Orlando!! Get started with a local community college course or Pimsleur, watch telemundo and look for some latin friends/gf. I hear spanish ALL the time near where i live, in the DC area.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - bluewater7 - 05-15-2011

I was checking out kayak.com and found there were routes either from cali -> lima -> cuzco -> cali (with a stop over in el salvador for 24 hours actually which is actually a plus) for like $480 RT. This is about the same price as cali -> lima RT or bog -> lima RT and you get to see more cities.

So anyway I booked it. Heading to Bogota and will see what's up after that. Flexible to be honest. Will definitely hit you up WEDO. Joined Livemocha.com and also got Pimsleur.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - Dash Global - 05-15-2011

livemocha is great way to practice spanish and meet grls and make connections. only bad thing is having to copy the whole convo and put it in the google translator. thats a bitch! lol

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - maestrobaires - 05-15-2011

had good luck with mocha

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - WEDO - 05-15-2011

Quote: (05-15-2011 02:43 PM)bluewater7 Wrote:  

I was checking out kayak.com and found there were routes either from cali -> lima -> cuzco -> cali (with a stop over in el salvador for 24 hours actually which is actually a plus) for like $480 RT. This is about the same price as cali -> lima RT or bog -> lima RT and you get to see more cities.

So anyway I booked it. Heading to Bogota and will see what's up after that. Flexible to be honest. Will definitely hit you up WEDO. Joined Livemocha.com and also got Pimsleur.

I just sent you a PM with my contact info.

I think that Roosh's Bang Colombia is worth a read....nice to see someone articulate their experiences with Colombianas even if they were different than my own. I have found it much easier to get laid in Colombia than the book indicates. But I operate much differently...I have a car...I have good conversational spanish and most of all I have a network of friends that allows me to meet many women without having to depend on a cold approach.

The one thing Roosh got 100 percent right is chicas with their cell phone use....that alone is worth the price of the book. So when you get a cell phone in Colombia give me a call or send me your number.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - Dash Global - 05-15-2011

WEDO,

what city you living in? and how are you supporting urself?

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - WEDO - 05-15-2011

Quote: (05-15-2011 06:55 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

WEDO,

what city you living in? and how are you supporting urself?

Right now I'm in the States working....until this past March I always maintained a residence in Cali even though I never lived there year round.

My personal life is a little complicated right now and I really won't know exactly what I'm doing until the end of Sept. as far as business and housing in Cali.

So I just plan on having a good time while I bide my time.

Best South American Cities for White, English-Speaking Gringos? - bluewater7 - 05-15-2011

Sounds good WEDO.. will do..

Ya, I might skip Peru actually, as it is winter... a bit chillier than usual there.

Plan to hammer online game and just work on my business and also go out and have fun.

blue.. i would not skip lima! if you like easy lays and wild nightlife!

Haha.. I know what you're saying Dash.. so many places, so little time. In Asia I gave myself like 3-4 days most cities.. maybe 5. Thinking this time to stay put in places a while.

didnt u say u had 2 months?!?!? thats plenty of time!!

one month in lima, one month in colombia. pretty damn good trip right there! should get tons of lays!!