Roosh V Forum
Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? (/thread-44641.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Dalaran1991 - 01-29-2015

Thanks to the help here I'm on a good plan for my chest development. I would like to start working on my abs at the same time. Hopefully get a sculpted 6 pack before beach season.

I never do any abs exercise because my trainer friends keep telling me abs is more about eating than working out. A few dozens crunches/week but that's about it.

But after reading up here it looks like it's not simple.

Attached it's my abs for the moment.

[Image: IMG_20150129_233929122_HDR.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150129_235025500.jpg]

I can see the outline for the 6 pack, but it's not clear enough for a sculpted look. The outer abs lines are also not as visible as I would like even from a good distance. The only good thing is the center line separating the 2x3 together.

What can I do? Should I squeeze in some abs exercises? If so, which one?

Or do I need to start cutting? I could start eliminating all sugar from my diet, but man all those good French desserts....

Thanks guys.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - LINUX - 01-29-2015

Do high intensity cardio for 16 minutes without stopping, 8 hrs before resistance training, 4-5 times a week.

you'll be good by April if your diet is in check.

I forgot to mention i train martial art 4hx3 times per week. Its weapon-heavy and a lot of high intensity work like breakfalls and multiple attackers exercises. On top of that i go salsa dancing 3x per week. Would that be enough cardio?

I lift 4x /week

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Simeon_Strangelight - 01-29-2015

Of course it could always be better, but your current body-fat level is enough to pass most attraction thresholds for girls. Sure - sometimes the face becomes more good-looking when you cut down body-fat, but that is not the case with everybody.

So essentially after a certain workout-level your Game is the main improvement - if you are 30-60 pounds overweight your Game level simply has trouble balancing the attraction you receive. Getting more ripped and muscular helps, but if that alone were enough, then many more guys would be killing it notch-wise, but they don't.

Also nice r-selected accessory - some kind of claw or tooth? Very r-selected is always good - nothing a boyfriend would wear is the motto.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Kaizen - 01-29-2015

You have a good build already and are within striking distance of a six pack, IF you want it.

Lowering your body fat percentage further is the answer to do that. All the ab exercises in the world won't give you the result.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - samsamsam - 01-29-2015

I always hear abs are made in the kitchen.

So I would make sure you are cutting out carbs.

Quote: (01-29-2015 06:33 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Of course it could always be better, but your current body-fat level is enough to pass most attraction thresholds for girls. Sure - sometimes the face becomes more good-looking when you cut down body-fat, but that is not the case with everybody.

So essentially after a certain workout-level your Game is the main improvement - if you are 30-60 pounds overweight your Game level simply has trouble balancing the attraction you receive. Getting more ripped and muscular helps, but if that alone were enough, then many more guys would be killing it notch-wise, but they don't.

Also nice r-selected accessory - some kind of claw or tooth? Very r-selected is always good - nothing a boyfriend would wear is the motto.

Thanks man. I also have a feeling I'm having good ROI from my body. My ex said after I SNL her the reason she let me bang her again was to see my abs lol... The first 8 white brunette I laid also complimented my body.

However I'm a vain motherfucker and I love my body more than bitches [Image: lol.gif] Not a serious bodybuilder but I like to look good and since I'm working on my chest I want to have a nice 6 pack to go with it. It's like hamburger with beer. Having the body that I want also makes me more confident and thus better inner game I think. I don't plan to use it as a crutch. Plenty of ripped guys can't get laid to save themselves.

I fucking noticed I'm slightly better looking these last few days, especially right after a hot workout! Thought it was just my mind getting a high, but apparently loosing body fat does make the face more attractive. I made a thread about it not long ago. All the more reasons to cut then.

Yeah that's a bear claw. My uncle from Vietnam is alpha as fuck. He used to be a forest ranger and lived in the woods. Killed a bear by himself and took all the claws and teeth. He gave one to each of the family's boy once we are considered a "man" in his eyes. Earned mine at 22. Told girls this story all the time, good stuff. He was MIA after some gangster bombed up his house.

So ya all saying I need to cut more. All I know about cutting is that, you eat less but keep the same lifting progress and do more cardio. With my current schedule as stated a few post above (martial arts and dancing) do I need more cardio? I heard a debate not long ago that too much cardio burns away your muscle gain?

Diet wise what I must absolutely avoid? Trash fast food is no brainer for sure. How about rice and bread? My diet consist mainly of rice, eggs, meats (lots of meats, pressure-cooked or steak-fried. Beef or bacon) Milk too.

I can't really cut out alcohol though. I make very good cocktail and also French red wine is very good. I take 3-4 drinks per week.

So if all those abs exercises are trash, why do people still do them? Just for core training?

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Simeon_Strangelight - 01-29-2015

Quote: (01-29-2015 07:02 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Diet wise what I must absolutely avoid? Trash fast food is no brainer for sure. How about rice and bread? My diet consist mainly of rice, eggs, meats (lots of meats, pressure-cooked or steak-fried. Beef or bacon) Milk too.

I can't really cut out alcohol though. I make very good cocktail and also French red wine is very good. I take 3-4 drinks per week.

So if all those abs exercises are trash, why do people still do them? Just for core training?

Forget bacon. Beef is good - or organ meats. I now avoid non-organic chicken meat, because it makes me bloated - I think it has more to do with something chicken has to eat than the chicken itself. If you fry it use coconut oil - not only is the oil non-toxic and devoid of trans-fats since it remains stable at super-high temperatures, it is also one of the few oils that actually help you lose weight.

Rice better to switch to brown rice to retain more nutrients. Milk is not necessary and contains huge amounts of protein - even if you can metabolize it, then it is basically only useful for Omega 3 acids - it even withdraws calcium. Not worth it.

Bread is best limited or cut out completely. There is no need for it.

You might consider a good high-potency multi and other supplements to balance things out.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Mentavious - 01-29-2015

Sprinting workouts

I can eat whatever I want during track season and still keep my six pack. So if you keep your clean diet and ab workouts then that should put the finishing touches on your abs

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Joga Bonito - 01-29-2015

Quote: (01-29-2015 07:29 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Sprinting workouts

I can eat whatever I want during track season and still keep my six pack. So if you keep your clean diet and ab workouts then that should put the finishing touches on your abs

How many sets and reps do you recommend? What is proper form?

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Checkmat - 01-29-2015

Quote: (01-29-2015 06:40 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I always hear abs are made in the kitchen.

So I would make sure you are cutting out carbs.

Abs are made in the kitchen, thus he should cut out carbs?

Huh?

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - MiscBrah - 01-30-2015

Your bodyfat looks fine.

I would add in some low intensity cardio a couple times a week after your workouts and maybe some sprints as mentioned.

But mostly for now I would focus on building more overall mass. Add in some extra ab work if you want but mostly focus on building strength.

Don't sacrifice size for abs.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - OGNorCal707 - 01-30-2015

Your body fat is very low, I don't think you need to do more cardio or change your diet, I'm going to throw my vote for more sets of ab exercises. Look at Muay Thai fighters a lot of those guys got ridiculous 6 packs, and they work abs like crazy.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - OGNorCal707 - 01-30-2015

Quote: (01-29-2015 07:02 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

So ya all saying I need to cut more. All I know about cutting is that, you eat less but keep the same lifting progress and do more cardio. With my current schedule as stated a few post above (martial arts and dancing) do I need more cardio? I heard a debate not long ago that too much cardio burns away your muscle gain?

Can't believe anyone would tell you to cut more, seriously you're on the brink of a 6 pack and you're body fat is low as hell. I'm going to go against the grain and tell you to bulk, you want to build up your chest, bulk up, eat a shit ton of protein and "healthy fats" like peanuts and avocado if you can find them in France. Lift heavy as fuck focusing on flat bench, but throw in some incline, and a set of decline, do some weighted dips and you're set. Definitely no more cardio with you current martial arts and salsa hobbies, more cardio and you're losing muscle and will never have a huge chest.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - StrikeBack - 01-30-2015

Do both, but if you want to get leaner AND stay there from where you're at now, you need to start calorie counting i.e know your daily macros.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - WanderingSoul - 01-30-2015

If you want a six pack you need to cut. That's the bottom line. You're not as lean as OGNorCal thinks you are.

Doing more ab exercises isn't going to give you a six pack. There is clearly still a solid layer of fat over your abs.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - peterthephoenix - 01-30-2015

Your body-fat is looking on the high side of 12%, you need to leaning out a bit more before greater definition.

My number one exercise to work them? Hanging leg raises.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Saweeep - 01-30-2015

Now this is just my opinion but at your height (I recall you saying you're 5'4"), I'd be wary of getting too lean.

You will look absolutely tiny as a physical presence as your muscle mass isn't that large.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Kieran - 01-30-2015

Agree with Rio, your bodyfat is far too high to have a decent six-pack. Ab exercises need to be done in moderation, but in your case it's your bodyfat that is preventing you from having a six pack. Your bodyfat looks to be around 13 - 14 percent now, and there's no reason why you can't get it down around 10, and still continue to add mass if you're careful with your nutrition.

I'm not saying you should do it, as several reasons against doing so have been mentioned, just giving you the facts.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Mentavious - 01-30-2015

Quote: (01-29-2015 07:41 PM)Joga Bonito Wrote:  

Quote: (01-29-2015 07:29 PM)Mentavious Wrote:  

Sprinting workouts

How many sets and reps do you recommend? What is proper form?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-42401-...#pid884512

Sample guide for a workout regiment

It's hard for me how to properly explain how to spring properly on paper but here is a cool video with some basics

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Kamikaze - 01-30-2015

Squat heavy, it'll bring out your lower abs and pelvic muscles/V, or whatever that's called.

Back and front squats, leg press and extensions to finish murdering your legs. My abs went to another level when I started squatting seriously.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Lemmo - 01-30-2015

Check your posture too. If you have lordosis/sway back (ass out, stomach forward), your stomach will look like it is round and protruding even if you're fit. In that case, you'll need to do exercises to lessen lordosis in addition to your ab regimen.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Dalaran1991 - 01-30-2015

Let's make sure I understand everyone here:

-Get my diet in check, whether I want to cut or bulk. Everyone seems to agree here.

Then there are two streams of opinions:

1. I don't need to do more cardio or cut. Since I'm already active with martial arts and dancing, more cardio would make me lose muscle. I should bulk for the benefit of my whole body and to increase my physical presence. More abs exercise can't hurt.

I like bulking, even though I have trouble eating enough 120gr of protein per day (I'm 57kg, so 57x2 = 114-120 gr protein/day). And of course I need more mass for my chest to grow. I do have the feeling my chest is still lacking despite a lot of work is because there's simply not enough mass to put the definition in there.

2. I need to cut. Get body fat to about 10%. Do this by heavy, high intensity cardio and get my diet in check.

I'm ok with cutting. I get the argument that given my height, getting leaner will make me even smaller. The thing is that I'm not just getting leaner, I'm working out for hypertrophy and by getting leaner I'll develop a better v-shape which will visually lengthen me.

About cardio. I'm seriously concerned that doing more cardio will probably cause me to lose the muscle gain I've been working hard on, and I'm barely eating enough protein as it is. What's the deal with this? Fitting in more cardio won't be a problem. I just need to come to training early and sprint.

Of course getting leaner is gonna be tough on the diet.

So there's no fucking way I can add mass (specifically, to my chest) and get a 6 pack at the same time?

If I have to choose between abs and chest, chest it is. It gives more ROI I think, and more visible. Everyone can see your chest even with a dress shirt on, but abs only worked for me after I'm banging the girl. I can cut later when I have bulk up enough.

For trial's sake, I'll throw in some sets of abs exercises, couldn't hurt. Hanging leg raises sound great. Anything else I could try? I heard crunches don't do shit.

I'm already squatting heavy with other compounds/core exercises, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - roberto - 01-30-2015

Quote: (01-29-2015 06:01 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Or do I need to start cutting? I could start eliminating all sugar from my diet, but man all those good French desserts....

Thanks guys.

You jammy fucker, I have to eat Paleo to look the same as you! [Image: icon_eek.gif]

I'd be interested in how you get on. I've tried a gentle (10%) cut for the last two weeks but it's knocked my gym results for six, I feel weak as a kitten.

Abs: Do I need to cut or do more abs exercise? - Libertas - 01-30-2015

What's your approximate body fat %?

I also agree with Zelcorpion. Your build is good as it is. Really any ab visibility will get you a very long way (as you yourself have mentioned [Image: wink.gif]). I have a similar build to you (maybe a bit more cut - I estimate I'm around ~10-12%) and I get zero complaints and the rate of girls that are attracted to me is pretty high.

Sure there's always room to improve, but if you're under 6 feet like I am I agree CrashBangWallop that sometimes being too lean can hurt you. I have the outline of a 6 pack and that's good enough for me. I still want to gain more mass.