Roosh V Forum
Mexico City - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Mexico City (/thread-43581.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Mexico City - ryansoldat - 12-22-2014

Hi everybody,

I will go to Mexico City for the first time of my life between 27 feb to 21 march so almost 3 weeks. (well i have been in Tijuana when i was 20 but it was a big mistake since i didn t know what kind of city it was haha long story...)

My Mexican friend (girl) i met in budapest last year will host me in her place (she will move to her own condo this month since she is living with her parents and 4 sisters) for few days and travel to some place with and her friend (chiapas)

Which place do you recommend me to go and not go in Mexico city and which city you highly recommend me to avoid and go and for how long should i stay in those place too ? 3 or 5 days ?

Any recommanded area in those city too to stay ?

Do you know any website similar to DIA over there ? it s good for making friend or more in asia so i guess there is something similar ?

I have already plan to go to Guada - Chiapas - San Miguel de Allende and Puebla ? Those place were recommanded by her. She also told me to go to Cancun but since there is the Spring break there in march i think i will avoid it ... Going alone to a sprink break won t be so funny plus i m not so attrack by Cancun.

If there is some members too in Mexico at this time lemme know i won t be against sharing a SM light beer [Image: wink.gif]

Cheers

Ryan[Image: angel.gif]

Mexico City - Luvianka - 12-22-2014

It seems that you want to visit the whole country. You have to be more specific.

I would like to avoid plane as much as i can and travel in day time too.

I guess there is many nice city around Mexico city ? But i won t be able to visit the whole country too. I may go back another time for visit another part.

Can you just advice me about what's nice city to do around Mexico city ?

Mexico City - Luvianka - 12-22-2014

I'll give you some advice at the evening. I am at work now.

Thanks it will help [Image: smile.gif]

Good luck at work !

Mexico City - Mentavious - 12-22-2014

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-13343.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-29436.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-23568.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10569.html

Mexico City - jariel - 12-22-2014

Quote: (12-22-2014 11:51 AM)ryansoldat Wrote:  

My Mexican friend (girl) i met in budapest last year will host me in her place

[Image: ta6338.jpg]

Mexico City - Gunner - 12-22-2014

PM me when you arrive, there's a lot written about Mexico.

@Jariel : I already got her in Paris so i will get free home and bed in Mexico won t say anything against it. Plus i have the best guide i can find in the city [Image: wink.gif]

No prob Gunner will do [Image: smile.gif]

Mexico City - jariel - 12-22-2014

Quote: (12-22-2014 05:05 PM)ryansoldat Wrote:  

@Jariel : I already got her in Paris so i will get free home and bed in Mexico won t say anything against it. Plus i have the best guide i can find in the city [Image: wink.gif]

[Image: 258f5d9cc1a2381e56d006d11e60e87b64b1a1e0...3db098.jpg]

You'll love DF, I'm going to go back, I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked to because I was near death while I was there, but I got it in for two days, have a great time.

Mexico City - TravellingSoldier - 12-22-2014

Quote: (12-22-2014 11:51 AM)ryansoldat Wrote:  

Hi everybody,

I will go to Mexico City for the first time of my life between 27 feb to 21 march so almost 3 weeks. (well i have been in Tijuana when i was 20 but it was a big mistake since i didn t know what kind of city it was haha long story...)

My Mexican friend (girl) i met in budapest last year will host me in her place (she will move to her own condo this month since she is living with her parents and 4 sisters) for few days and travel to some place with and her friend (chiapas)

Which place do you recommend me to go and not go in Mexico city and which city you highly recommend me to avoid and go and for how long should i stay in those place too ? 3 or 5 days ?

Any recommanded area in those city too to stay ?

Do you know any website similar to DIA over there ? it s good for making friend or more in asia so i guess there is something similar ?

I have already plan to go to Guada - Chiapas - San Miguel de Allende and Puebla ? Those place were recommanded by her. She also told me to go to Cancun but since there is the Spring break there in march i think i will avoid it ... Going alone to a sprink break won t be so funny plus i m not so attrack by Cancun.

If there is some members too in Mexico at this time lemme know i won t be against sharing a SM light beer [Image: wink.gif]

Cheers

Ryan[Image: angel.gif]

In my opinion...

Mexico City > Guadalajara

Acapulco > Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta is very nice and has a lot to do, but there is a big population of old gringo tourists. From P.V you are a 6 hour bus ride to Guadalajara. Acapulco is a little dirtier from what I recall vs Puerto Vallarta but overall has a lot less tourists so it gave me a more authentic feel. Prices seem comparable.

Acapulco is a 4 hour bus ride from Mexico City. D.F is my favourite city out of the four, there is always lots to do in D.F. Make sure you stay in the centro historico. There are two hotels you can stay at: Hotel Principal and Hotel Lafayette. I recommend the Lafayette. It's nice enough, and just a few blocks away from Bellas Artes. Tons of girls will be down to meet at Bellas Artes since it's arguably the nicest, safest part of town and has a lot to see. The hotels I listed will be about $22 USD a night, really reasonable.

There is a chinese buffet that offers all you can eat for 8 bucks... I basically stuffed my face for one meal a day and had a small 1-2 meals for the rest of the day. This allowed me to eat for less than $12 a day.

Sorry just saw you said you will be staying with a girl. Anyway make sure to check out the centro historico, it's really nice. And go to Acapulco on a weekend!

Mexico City - Americas - 12-22-2014

Quote: (12-22-2014 05:49 PM)TravellingSoldier Wrote:  

There is a chinese buffet that offers all you can eat for 8 bucks... I basically stuffed my face for one meal a day and had a small 1-2 meals for the rest of the day. This allowed me to eat for less than $12 a day.

Man, you went to Mexico City and went to a Chinese buffet every day? You can eat for a king and some of the best food in the world in DF for under $15 a day.

Mexico City - Mentavious - 12-22-2014

Quote: (12-22-2014 07:37 PM)Americas Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2014 05:49 PM)TravellingSoldier Wrote:  

Man, you went to Mexico City and went to a Chinese buffet every day? You can eat for a king and some of the best food in the world in DF for under $15 a day.

Lol he must be tired of Mexican food

TS can you cook?

Have you gotten the 'shits' yet?

Mexico City - ryansoldat - 12-23-2014

@TS

Yeah i have also a contact in Guada that i met in Paris when she was looking her way for her hostel but don t know if she will available for be my guide... Maybe Couchsurfing or Airbnb IDK yet.

For Acapulco i thaught it was not so close from mexico city but i guess i was wrong ... 4h by Minivan could handle it by leaving at 7am ! Sound like a plan.

So will be like Mexico => San miguel de Allende => Guadalajara => Mexico => Puebla => Chiapas

If i have i will try Acapulco ... It will be hard to to do everything i think ! Even Mexico guada is kinda far by bus !

What are the local flight company there ? Is there like Air Asia low cost airlines too ?

Mexico City - Americas - 12-23-2014

Volaris and Interjet are usually the cheapest. Aeromexico is the national carrier. It's pretty cheap to fly within Mexico if you keep an eye on prices.

Mexico City - MidWest - 12-23-2014

If you're going to be in Mexico City, then I recommend you take a bus to Cuernavaca. Nice little city, not too far from el DF. Queretaro is also an honorable mention.

Another city I recommend is Zacatecas. Small little colonial city with lots of history and culture. Its considered to be the most "Mexican" city in Mexico. Its about a few hours from San Miguel de Allende.

Mexico City - ryansoldat - 12-24-2014

Thanks for all this data [Image: smile.gif]

I just finish to create a doc sheet on google drive with all the data i ve got so far i will add more stuff with the other thread when i can.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ecO5...sp=sharing

I won t be able to do everything for this trip so i will try to Choose wisely [Image: smile.gif]

Merry christmas guys !

Mexico City - nomadicdude - 12-24-2014

Personally I would not recommend you stay in the Centro Historico in DF. It is fine during the day for seeing tourist sites but it is pretty much dead at night. DF is huge so getting around to the nightlife areas is a pain. Stay in Zona Rosa or Condesa. Tons of bars and places to eat there. DF is one of the most underrated cities in the world IMHO.

Mexico City - coverdoc - 12-25-2014

I', close by, thinking of taking trip to DF this weekend. Anyone down to meet up?!

Mexico City - germanico - 12-25-2014

Quote: (12-24-2014 09:18 PM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

Centro Historico in DF. It is fine during the day for seeing tourist sites but it is pretty much dead at night.

Its pretty much alive at night, just not the kind of life we tend to look for in the forum.

Mexico City - Americas - 12-25-2014

I had a lot of success in those random bars in Centro. A lot of the middle and lower classes go to Centro at night because it's a lot cheaper there than other areas of the city.

Mexico City - coverdoc - 12-28-2014

Club Rhodesia is a good spot for you guys to check out. Better than Pata negra in my opinion. Golden hour is definitely 12:30 - 2 A.M. After that ratios got skewed and as I was leaving noticed more and more guys coming in and not a lot of chicks.

Mexico City - topdog - 12-29-2014

I am a native living in Mexico City, here are a few pointers regarding our fellow gents´ suggestions:

- If daygame is your thing, then go for lodging at Centro Histórico. Quite touristy during the day and you may get some flags during your stay.

- If you prefer nightgame, for the higher end stay at Polanco area (quite expensive to get an apartment), secondly choose Condesa or Roma area (Av. Alvaro Obregón) to hit the bars and lounges. For hipsterish venues, go to Coyoacán (southern area of the city).

- I strongly advice against going to Acapulco. It is pretty dead right now due to the disssapearing of the 43 Ayotzinapa students (most likely murdered), so there are lots of protests and even blockings along the highway. The government is pouring money in promotion and advertising, but not even the nationals go there, at least right now. Even if you manage to arrive to the beach, it is dirty and the talent is not so good. I´d rather go to Nayarit Riviera or Huatulco, Oaxaca (beautiful beaches).

Mexico City - germanico - 12-29-2014

Quote: (12-28-2014 11:47 PM)coverdoc Wrote:  

Club Rhodesia is a good spot for you guys to check out. Better than Pata negra in my opinion. Golden hour is definitely 12:30 - 2 A.M. After that ratios got skewed and as I was leaving noticed more and more guys coming in and not a lot of chicks.

Rhodesia on wednesdays when theres no cover charge. Weekends Pata Negra has a faster turnover rate and gets packed quicker.

The thing is that with the cover charges at Rhodesia you are not leaving once you get in, so guys stay there longer as they want to get something out of it and women either get picked up or leave for a club thats hotter at that hour since they can get in for free most of the time.

Mexico City - Cattle Rustler - 12-29-2014

Why is Centro Historico not good at night? I went to a concert at El Pasaguero and the area was lonely, left there around 3am and caught a bus to Puebla.

Also, what are the locals views on Tepito? I go there all the time to "curiosear" (look around) and it's always a fun time but locals think I'm crazy so I don't let the bitches know I was there to avoid being frowned upon and save face.