Roosh V Forum
If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? (/thread-43561.html)

Pages: 1 2

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - supak - 12-21-2014

So I'm planning to travel for a considerable portion of 2015 and decided to see what the wise men of RVF have to say. I'm in the beginning stages of planning.

Countries
From what I've read on this forum, Southern and Eastern Europe would make for an awesome trip. Asia would be cool because of how cheap it is. The Japanese and Russian currencies are really low right now, maybe now would be the time to go there. I'm open to any country within these borders I drew:
[Image: AOS6SxW.jpg]
[Image: lZLaNTz.jpg]
About Myself Timeframe Budget So... what would you do? I'm considering flying into either Munich or Bangkok, backpacking, living in cheap rooms/hostels and doing it all

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Virtus - 12-21-2014

Go check out Ukraine in spring/summer. Odessa specifically. The currency is in the dumps right now. You do not have a Fukitol amount of money so I would just pick a place and go get a taste. Then come back and figure out a way to stack paper. Maybe join the Alberta oil sands folks like scotian/Atlantic here on the forum

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - RexImperator - 12-21-2014

I'd go ride the Trans-Siberian, given the Ruble's fall.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Kaebs - 12-21-2014

Quote: (12-21-2014 03:16 PM)Virtus Wrote:  

Go check out Ukraine in spring/summer. Odessa specifically. The currency is in the dumps right now. You do not have a Fukitol amount of money so I would just pick a place and go get a taste. Then come back and figure out a way to stack paper. Maybe join the Alberta oil sands folks like scotian/Atlantic here on the forum

Agreed, either Odessa or Bangkok for 3 months and then back home to a career that allows you to work 6 months on and 6 months off like the oil fields or via IT contracts

If you really are keen on choosing one of these methods then jump right into them to test them out. If your parents give you any stick then convince them that you're just taking a gap year. That way once you've earned around $30,000 of one of these methods you can prove to them that it's not a joke and that you can live off them.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Nascimento - 12-21-2014

One thing you should know is that no matter where you pick, as long as you do this trip alone, you can't go wrong.

Enjoy being forced out of your comfort zone, having adventures and meeting new people along the way.

Too bad there's not many 18 year olds open to this opportunity.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - supak - 12-21-2014

Quote:RexImperator Wrote:

I'd go ride the Trans-Siberian, given the Ruble's fall.

Was considering this, have you done it?

Quote:Nascimento Wrote:

One thing you should know is that no matter where you pick, as long as you do this trip alone, you can't go wrong.

Enjoy being forced out of your comfort zone, having adventures and meeting new people along the way.

Too bad there's not many 18 year olds open to this opportunity.

Yes this is my thinking. Not sure that I want to hole up in Odessa for 3 months. Any ideas?

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - rudebwoy - 12-21-2014

Croatia pure and simple.

Your too young for the Siberian railway.

Quote:rudebwoy Wrote:

Croatia pure and simple.

Your too young for the Siberian railway.

Haha why is that?

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - rudebwoy - 12-21-2014

Been there and loved it.
Your budget will be more than good there.
Japan and Russia currencies maybe lower but it is still expensive when your are converting cdn dollars.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Vacancier Permanent - 12-21-2014

Yeah Croatia would be good for you as you already have some ties there. Maybe could use some family connections there to make things smoother.

But I personally recommend for a young guy like you with limited or no prior solo world travel to go to Thailand. It's exotic enough and wild enough to blow your mind yet not to extreme in terms of differences. Perfect place for a new guy to get a taste of the good life, the feminine women, the crazy partying and uber fun lifestyle. It will be the perfect stepping stone onto more exotic places.

One thing I'd recommend you is not to just party all the time you'll be abroad. Sure party as much as you want, but at the same time, learn a new skill, do something productive, get in shape or start a new biz. Do something that will benefit you in the long run while there. If you go to Thailand, you can easily get in top shape by joining one of the many Muay Thai clubs there. Or networking with the big digital nomad scene there. Specially in BKK and Chiang Mai.

All in all, make the most of it. Lifestyle wise as well as productivity wise. Being 18 and traveling and improving yourself and learning new skills along the way, you will be so much further ahead of the other guys your age! Good for you man!

I applaud you for opting to learn a trade as opposed to wasting years and a shit load of money on a useless degree! Very wise move!

Go for it man and make it happen!

Cheers!

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Chaos - 12-22-2014

I second Nascimento.
No matter how you do it, it wont go wrong.

I also agree with rudebwoy.
Don't do the Trans-Siberian..yet.
It's doable,but I would not recommend it to a young newbie traveller who is first time abroad.
You will reap the benefits much more if you go there after you have some experience of being abroad.

Here is what I would do if I were in your shoes:

Head over to Eastern Europe when the spring is approaching. Spring is awesome there.
As a newbie it doesn't matter where you go, Baltics,Poland or Balkans.

Don't plan so much, head over there and go with the flow.
You'll figure out what you like and what you don't like once you are there.

Enjoy the summer in Europe and head over to Southeast Asia in the fall when the weather gets shitty. If you still have money and you are not tired of traveling.

Most importantly.
Enjoy life.
There is nothing like being first time alone in a foreign country.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - TheDealCloser - 12-22-2014

I know where I wouldn't go... Stockholm, Sweden. hahahaha

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Deluge - 12-22-2014

$12k Canadian is enough for you to spend a significant amount of time almost anywhere in the world. Since you're in no rush I'd keep working until April/May like you said and stack as much paper as you can.

Remember there's more to the world then just pussy. If I were you I'd much rather go and see all the places/sights I want to see, then spend all that time in one place just for pussy. I mean, you basically scrubbed out all of Western and Southern Europe on your map. Unless you've travelled through them before that seems nuts to me, but I guess it depends on what you personally care to see.

Think about doing what Saladin and I are doing next year. Pick the continent/region you want to travel to most. Spend a few months focusing on exploring all the major sights you want to see, you can still bang other tourist girls especially if you stay in party hostels. Then spend the rest of your time in 1 city you think would be great for pussy, and also use that a base for trips to nearby cities, major events etc.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Cheetah - 12-22-2014

Quote:Quote:

Remember there's more to the world then just pussy.

[Image: mindblown3.gif]

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - bacardi123 - 12-22-2014

That map kicks a$$ [Image: smile.gif].

I love how mostly everything is neglected beginning with bulgaria, greece and serbia etc. while north-east europe is OK.

I kind of agree though.

Well, you're still pretty young but as a Canadian i think you'd have some "exoticness" in eastern europe, that's for sure. Say like: go to belarus, ukraine, latvia and you'll be fine. Piece of advice: learn russian! Ukrainians and their neighbors aren't known for their well English command, you're going to need russian a lot not just for girls but to get by and survive.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Sylvester - 12-22-2014

Supak, here's an idea. At one point go to Belarus for a few months to learn Russian.

http://fpuedu.bsu.by/index.html/prog-offer/sum-school Really cheap Russian course and great value. For 2015 it's the same schedule.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - TravelerKai - 12-22-2014

If I was 18 again, I would have spent more time in Japan, went to France, and I would have checked out Panama as well.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Vicious - 12-22-2014

Given those conditions... anywhere. The world is your oyster.

EDIT: 4500 posts.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - opening23 - 12-22-2014

I'm jealous reading this post. I wasted a lot of time back in the day...now as you get older...things do change. You pretty much are golden everywhere, but I'd pick spots where younger people go. Certain spots in the Greek islands, certain spots in Spain, Thailand, etc...There are places that will be harder to pull when you are past a certain age. Not impossible...but harder. I still have a young spirit and love to party and even look younger, but I'm not banging 18 yr old Swedish girls in Thailand anytime soon [Image: sad.gif] Good luck to you and have fun!

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Chocolate Porsche - 12-22-2014

I don't know , but nice username

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Satoshi - 12-22-2014

Went to Thailand first time a month after I turned 18, did some diving courses for three months until they offered me a job, worked for about two weeks before I left. Wasn't the same being there working.

Don't regret it.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - rudebwoy - 12-22-2014

I second Greek Islands, did that in my 20s and it set me off.
Maybe a week or two in Ibiza, I hear it is expensive.
Hvar of course or the Croatian coast.

Eastern and Central Europe for sure but not so much Western Europe, unless for a few days.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to hook up with some RVF members.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - supak - 12-23-2014

Quote: (12-22-2014 08:52 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

Remember there's more to the world then just pussy. If I were you I'd much rather go and see all the places/sights I want to see, then spend all that time in one place just for pussy. I mean, you basically scrubbed out all of Western and Southern Europe on your map. Unless you've travelled through them before that seems nuts to me, but I guess it depends on what you personally care to see.

I really don't think Western Europe is worth the money right now.

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - supak - 12-23-2014

Quote:Kaebs Wrote:

Agreed, either Odessa or Bangkok for 3 months
Quote:Vacancier Permanent Wrote:

But I personally recommend for a young guy like you with limited or no prior solo world travel to go to Thailand.
Quote:Chaos Wrote:

Enjoy the summer in Europe and head over to Southeast Asia in the fall when the weather gets shitty.
Quote:opening23 Wrote:

I still have a young spirit and love to party and even look younger, but I'm not banging 18 yr old Swedish girls in Thailand anytime soon [Image: sad.gif]
Quote:Satoshi Wrote:

Went to Thailand first time a month after I turned 18,

I've been looking into Thailand. Definitely something I'm leaning towards.

I'm thinking backpack Laos-Thailand-Cambodia and then settle somewhere (BKK probably) for a couple of months, maybe do some steroids since they're OTC there...

If you were 18 years old, knowing what you know now, where would you go? - Americas - 12-23-2014

I feel like Eastern Europe would be better if you were a little older. I would go to SE Asia instead, and well, Latin America because I am biased.