Roosh V Forum
DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About (/thread-41953.html)

Pages: 1 2

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Seanchaí - 11-03-2014

I was surprised to see that no one had written about DMT on the forum yet as I’m quite sure some of you must have experienced this ‘drug’ ‘medicine’ or whatever it is you wish to call it. I've talked to several people that have taken DMT and there are some similarities in what people experience during the trip but the one thing that repeats itself in everyone that I have talked to is that they have a hard time articulating the experience. Over and over again I hear people say the same thing “It would be ridiculous for me to put it into words” I know I've been guilty of saying this. It may sound like hippy bullshit but the reality is that if you haven’t experienced it then you just won’t understand it. But I’ll do my best to explain a little about it and share my own experiences.

What The Fuck Is It?

N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or DMT, is an illegal, psychedelic tryptamine compound found in the human body and in many other forms in nature. It come in a powder form and is ingested by smoking. It has been described by many as the most powerful psychedelic known to man.

As it is still considered an illegal drug the amount of reasearch conducted on it is somewhat limited, but we are learning more about this molecule. What is known is that it’s released when you dream and when you die. It’s theorized that it’s released by the pituitary gland and this is the mystical ‘third eye’ many ancient cultures talk about. The jury is still out on this one

Where Does It Come From?

Human brains, animal brains and many plants including wait for it GRASS. Yes that’s right the most powerful and illegal pyschadelic known to man can be extracted from grass. So why you ask isn’t it more available, because the concentrations are so low that it makes it a lenghly and difficult process.

Where Can I Get It?

Like any illegal drug preferably from a trust worthy source that you know personally, but that probably won’t be the case for you. The average street vendor probably won’t even know what your talking about and your better off. In my opinion if can’t get it from a reliable source then don’t. If your still feeling adventurous however I have heard that the Silk Road is back online and you can find it on that. I was lucky as a mad scientist friend of mine took it upon himself to make his own. The recipe and step by step process can be found online, it took my friend about two days to make around five grams. Which is enough to get the village seeing God
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/extr...ide1.shtml

What Is The History Of It?

The use of DMT in Ayahuasca ceremonies in ancient cultures especially in the Amazon can be traced back thousands of years. Whereas the first documented eveidence of a concentrated amount of DMT can be traced back to the 8th Centuary
http://www.dmtsite.com/dmt/information/timeline.html

Is It Like Ayahuasca

Some of you may have heard of Ayahuasca which is used in Shamanic rituals throughout the world namely in tribes in South America. If you want to know about this here’s an article on Return of Kings.
http://www.returnofkings.com/28495/the-s...-your-life
DMT is the main ingredient in Ayahausca and it’s what causes the shamanic trance that people receive. The difference between Ayahuasca and DMT is;
(1) method of ingestion
Ayahuasca is ingested by drinking a special brew made by your local tribal medicine man and apparently tastes like ass. Whereas DMT is in powder form is smoked and subsequently smells like ass.
(2) duration of trip and
A DMT trip is very short and typically 5 – 15 minutes depending on the dose. Personally all of my trips were under 10 minutes. Whereas Ayahuasca lasts for several hours, usually peaking at around 2 – 4 hours
(3) intensity of the trip
DMT being the shorter trip is also significanlty stronger although this is akin to saying an automatic rifle will do significantly more damage than a pistol, at the end of the day both will fuck you up.

How Illegal Is It?

Very fucking illegal, it is considered a Schedule I or Class A in most Western nations.
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_law.shtml
Although it should be noted that there are exceptions for certain religious practices around the world, most notably in Brazil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_Daime

What Is The Chemistry Of It?

I am by no means qualified to explain the molecular breakdown of DMT or how it crosses the blood/brain barrier. If you want to know the science behind it, read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N,N-Dimethyltryptamine
There is also a famous book and documtary by Rick Strassman
http://www.amazon.com/DMT-Molecule-Revol...0892819278
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62raWpUzdr0

What’s The Trip Like?

I have ingested DMT three times in one sitting and I’ll do my best to describe what happened during each of these, although as noted it’s like trying to explain sex to a virgin, you really need to experience it to be able to comprehend it. Each hit I took was subsequently stronger than the last and each one was more intense and lasted longer. I’ll break down what I experienced during each.
A little about the scene, I was in a mates house (he was the one who made it) with him and one other lad. His woman walked in during one of my trips and the scene that ensued with me trying to act normal was embarrassing to say the least but I digress. We took it in his living room with the curtains closed and the Two that weren't tripping kept silent. This helps the trip, the key is to sit back and close your eyes in an environment with very little sensory input.

First Hit
I won’t lie I was nervous as fuck. I had taken psychedelics before, most notably Acid and Mushrooms and had my share of bad trips (I once went partially blind while on a combination of the two, but that's a story for another day). DMT is considered the Mac Daddy of psychedelics I was about to take off my training wheels and I was terrified. Being Irish I had a few pints to settle me jangled nerves and was drinking a cider in between hits.
I inhaled it from a bong which my friend lit while I held it. It doesnt burn like tobacco or weed so the key is to make sure the bong is full to get a good hit. The first thing I notice is it smells like death, make sure to crack a window. As soon as she was ready I inhaled and laid back on the couch. We have lift off. I immediately felt as though I was moving through space at incredible speeds all the while seeing intense geometric patterns of indescribable colour and beauty. Eventually I could feel myself coming back to Earth so I opened my eyes.
I was met with one of the most magical and comical experiences of my life, I could see the room and my two friends. But everything had taken on a new clour and dimension. The best way I can describe it is the scene appeared as though I was in Super Mario. And every time something moved it was followed by a trail of light. I found the experience equal parts amazing and funny and after a few more minutes I was completely grounded. No God like transcedent experience just some cool shapes and colours. I needed to conduct further research.

Second Hit
Same process as before just a larger dose. I closed my eyes and this time I’m blasted through space at an even higher speed than before and the patterns and colours I perceive are even more intense. Eventually this wears off and I open my eyes to be met with the same scene as before only this time my friends girlfriend walks in. And I proceed to do my best to make small talk with a Super Mario character. Eventually I’m completely sober again

Third Hit
This is turning into a real fun night but I want to go deeper, I want to have the ego dissolving experience that so many people talk about. So once again I increase the dosage. Immeditely after I exhale and lie back on the couch I get hit with overwelming fear and I know I’ve gone to deep. This time I’m blasting through the universe even faster and it’s not like before it’s terrifying and out of control. I panic I want out, I want to leave, I want to go back and that’s when it happened.
Something started to communicate with me and let me know that I had come to far. I communicated back and let this 'being' know that I wanted to go back. That’s when it started laughing at me and that’s when I had my revelation. I couldn't go back because there is no back, no forward left or right, up or down, it’s all just nonsense. These are simply words we use to describe things because we still have only a rudimentary understanding of what space and time is. Everything is made up of the same thing and everything is connected.

This is not exactly an awe inspiring insight, people have been spouting this mantra for donkeys years. But I got to experience it not just have it described to me. So that’s what I got from this, I wasn't a different person after or any of that bullshit but I did take something positive from it. If anyone else has taken DMT share your experience.

P.S.
The last hit was by far the scariest experience I've ever had, I can’t even begin to describe how terrified I was. But well worth the price of admission

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - kaotic - 11-03-2014

I'm actually interested in trying this. I'd enjoy hearing others experiences as well.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - spokepoker - 11-03-2014

Side Effects?

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Krusyos - 11-03-2014

Quote: (11-03-2014 07:32 PM)spokepoker Wrote:  

Side Effects?

Nausea and vomiting, I'm pretty sure.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Kizman - 11-03-2014

I know of a dealer that sells both dmt and 5-meo dmt but have never tried it personally. Only ever done shrooms (6 times) and lsd (once).

The guy in the video below details what dmt is about

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - monster - 11-03-2014

Pretty crazy shit, right?!

I'm on the fence about spiritual revelations. On the one hand they ring true to the truth of the metaphysical universe, but on the other hand we as humans exist in THIS world of three dimensions with space-time. While it's great to have an understanding of this what can we take away from it to make our sober life more fulfilling and content? Perhaps one could say to just "go with the flow" from your communications with the beings.

Other times you may hear the message that "love is the answer" too or that the universe is propelled out of love. The beings and emotions are extremely convincing about it too like thats the real truth. But then I look around and see the most powerful, successful guys in the world - dictators, business leaders, etc - all have blood on their hands. How can a universe based out of love reward the worst despots much more than people who are true to the path?

It gets pretty wacky and perhaps I overthink it too much. Some of the lessons I've learned provide solace to me personally, namely that the deities "love me" and care about me - what Christians call agape albeit in a nondualistic sense.

Anyway, glad you had fun.

Quote: (11-03-2014 07:10 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

I'm actually interested in trying this. I'd enjoy hearing others experiences as well.

I can't help you find it but if your willing to make it your self I can get an exact rundown of the ingredients and process from my friend. It's inexpensive to make, but it's intricate and time consuming

Quote: (11-03-2014 08:43 PM)monster Wrote:  

Pretty crazy shit, right?!

I'm on the fence about spiritual revelations. On the one hand they ring true to the truth of the metaphysical universe, but on the other hand we as humans exist in THIS world of three dimensions with space-time. While it's great to have an understanding of this what can we take away from it to make our sober life more fulfilling and content? Perhaps one could say to just "go with the flow" from your communications with the beings.

Other times you may hear the message that "love is the answer" too or that the universe is propelled out of love. The beings and emotions are extremely convincing about it too like thats the real truth. But then I look around and see the most powerful, successful guys in the world - dictators, business leaders, etc - all have blood on their hands. How can a universe based out of love reward the worst despots much more than people who are true to the path?

It gets pretty wacky and perhaps I overthink it too much. Some of the lessons I've learned provide solace to me personally, namely that the deities "love me" and care about me - what Christians call agape albeit in a nondualistic sense.

Anyway, glad you had fun.

Very well articulated I often think that going to deep into this could even be somewhat detrimental to the psyche. At some point you just have to say fuck it, the whole thing is crazy and I'm just one man and thinking that I'm the one that's going to figure it out is arrogant.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - monster - 11-03-2014

You know, I was just at a very exclusive masquerade ball with Alex Grey and a lot of other artists heavily influenced by the dmt/ahayuasca culture/lifestyle. Talking to most of them they have a certain groundedness and contentedness that I never experienced, so it makes me wonder if there is an answer - or Buddhists might say a "no answer" - from continuous exploration into these metaphysical platforms. And perhaps that is the way?

Who knows. I guess as long as we all stay safe we can only hope to go at our own speed, the speed at which destiny has chosen for us to illuminate spiritual, personal & universal truths. But by god, take that step with a bold hand.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - youngblazer - 11-03-2014

As someone experienced in matters of this sort, I would highly advise against using DMT in smokeable form. It is a short, bizarre experience and there really isn't much to be gained from it. There is a real possibility of flipping out, especially with psychedelic noobs. Just not worth it.

Using DMT via Ayahuasca brew is a completely different experience. It is more like a religious ceremony. Even though you can make the brew yourself and take it, this is not advised. You need supervision.

If you want to try DMT via ayahuasca, look into some shaman guided experiences in Peru or Brazil. Do your research and pick a credible one. I don't recommend doing it out of curiosity. Have a purpose, ie you're trying to get over certain emotional issues, addictions, etc. But remember, these are serious drugs that are not to be taken lightly.

If you want to explore, go for shrooms. Psilocybin, the active chemical in shrooms is in the same chemical family as DMT (tryptamines). A mushroom experience can be wonderful and transformative without being incapacitating like DMT. And can still be damn intense if you want it to be.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - malakaix - 11-06-2014

It's a very absurd experience, it's this absurdity that shatter's all preconceptions you might have about everything which allows you to open up to the possibility of the impossible, the trick is not to become caught up in the details because you can go deep with this and completely miss the opportunity to utilize the realization to improve your self and life.

I had an experience with DMT back in 2009 that i would describe up as "Clearing away the cobwebs"; it removed any self-doubt i had about my true being and in essence allowed for me over time to realize and accept that i am at the centre of my own existence, it provided me with the opportunity to understand that everything in life is a reflection of myself.. you bear all responsibility for the choices you make and ultimately you are in control of your life, because everything is you.

A lot of it won't make sense in words because DMT deals with the fundamental paradox of existence, that everything is arising from nothing.. or one could say there is no duality.. it is a singular stream of conciousness infinitely expanding. But this is where it's easy to become caught up in the details and miss the point completely.

If i were to reiterate the experience in short i would say: It puts your faith back in yourself. Men will call out for god or some kind of saviour when close to death.. whatever they place faith in will be called upon at their most vulnerable, they spent their entire lives not believing in themselves completely.. they lived believing there was a power greater then themselves; DMT puts this into perspective in a way that is mind shattering and ultimately humbling, reminding you that It is and always was You.

A more entertaining way of describing it would be it felt like travelling back to the beginning of existence, watching everything in reverse at lightning speed unravel itself until a singular point of infinite density remained and realizing, holy shit.. there is nothing but myself. Intense doesn't even begin to describe this.. but it can be very beneficial in the long term.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - youngblazer - 11-06-2014

^^^ very well put

A lot of people say that the DMT trip is like seeing what death is like.

I think the experience could be too much for most novices and actually screw them up mentally, at least temporarily. People shouldn't be messing with this stuff until they have a good amount of mushroom trips under their belt.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Beyond Borders - 11-06-2014

Quote: (11-03-2014 06:59 PM)Seanchaí Wrote:  

I was surprised to see that no one had written about DMT on the forum yet as I’m quite sure some of you must have experienced this ‘drug’ ‘medicine’ or whatever it is you wish to call it.

Are we reading the same forum? [Image: huh.gif]

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - RexImperator - 11-06-2014

Yeah I recall info about this somewhere here... Maybe in the Ayahuasca thread.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Cyclone419 - 11-06-2014

This is my first post, Hello everyone!

It's said that when you smoke DMT its almost like you take the universe, load it into a cannon, aim it at your brain and fire.

I will say, it truely is amazing! The best way I can describe it is that it's a trip to 3d multicolored wonderland.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - tiggaling - 11-06-2014

"To go from birth to the grave without ever encountering DMT is to my mind like going from birth to the grave without ever having a sexual experience. It means you skated through life. You never got it!” - Terence McKenna..

It is possible to get DMT or Changa (DMT infused into Ayahuasca leaf or vine and other herbs) on TOR browser only web sites like Agora and Silk Road and pay with Bitcoin.

This is a really good resource for DMT online.

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Seanchaí - 11-06-2014

Quote: (11-03-2014 10:16 PM)monster Wrote:  

You know, I was just at a very exclusive masquerade ball with Alex Grey and a lot of other artists heavily influenced by the dmt/ahayuasca culture/lifestyle. Talking to most of them they have a certain groundedness and contentedness that I never experienced, so it makes me wonder if there is an answer - or Buddhists might say a "no answer" - from continuous exploration into these metaphysical platforms. And perhaps that is the way?

Who knows. I guess as long as we all stay safe we can only hope to go at our own speed, the speed at which destiny has chosen for us to illuminate spiritual, personal & universal truths. But by god, take that step with a bold hand.

'Exclusive' sounds like an understatement, I'd like to get the chance to talk to Alex Grey. I'm a big fan of his artwork as is common for most people who like to experiment with psychedelics. I've seen the pictures of his chapel of sacred mirrors it's incredible. But I'm always leery of anyone who attempts to start they're own 'religion' because sooner or later it seems to lead to raping kids

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Seanchaí - 11-06-2014

Quote: (11-06-2014 10:08 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I was surprised to see that no one had written about DMT on the forum yet as I’m quite sure some of you must have experienced this ‘drug’ ‘medicine’ or whatever it is you wish to call it.

Point taken sir, it doesn't seem to have a lot to do with fucking women I'll grant you that. I was more referring to the fact that it's such potent experience that's it's difficult to not think about it in depth afterward and want to discuss with others that have shared in the experience.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Padawan - 11-06-2014

I smoked DMT three times this past summer. All within a couple weeks of each other.

Each time I was with the same friend who made his own batch. The first time was the most mind-boggling experience I've ever had. I was not prepared for it at all.

I had just gotten off work (6pm) and drove directly to the pool where my friend with the DMT worked (about 2 mins away). We went on the upper level patio of the pool clubhouse and smoked DMT out of my bong. The bowl was a mix of green tea leaves and DMT. When smoking the crystals you have to be careful because you don't want to directly burn the DMT, you want it to just be heated up and melt. This is where the tea leaves came in handy, because they would catch on fire and heat the crystals packed beneath.

I hit the bong 3 times in quick succession before I had to set the bong down. The smoke tasted like plastic burning in my mouth, not exactly pleasant. Immediately I felt like my body was glued to the chair I was sitting in, and that the chair and I were moving through space at a million miles per hour. A white, ringing noise crept up in my ears becoming louder and louder, almost overwhelming. I looked around and the whole world changed. It was like I was looking through different eyes. There were patterns racing across the floor and as I looked at my arms I saw scales, shapes, and other patterns. Every hair on my arms and legs stood perfectly straight up, creating even farther illusions. This whole time my mind was racing; I tried to utilize the time to sort out my life but ended up becoming even more confused about my priorities(drugs, school, work, etc.). After about a minute the noise started dying down, as did my thoughts and the patterns.

When I talked with my friend about the loud, ringing noise, he said everyone hears that and that it builds up until you black out and break through. I think I got real close to breaking through with this first experience but didn't quite get there, probably because I was frightened of what might happen. DMT is definitely on it's own level as a psychedelic, though; After it shrooms just don't seem to have the same magic as they used to. If ever offered I would highly recommend experiencing it, at least once.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - monster - 11-06-2014

Quote: (11-06-2014 06:47 AM)malakaix Wrote:  

they lived believing there was a power greater then themselves; DMT puts this into perspective in a way that is mind shattering and ultimately humbling, reminding you that It is and always was You.

A more entertaining way of describing it would be it felt like travelling back to the beginning of existence, watching everything in reverse at lightning speed unravel itself until a singular point of infinite density remained and realizing, holy shit.. there is nothing but myself. Intense doesn't even begin to describe this.. but it can be very beneficial in the long term.

Hmm, I had a bit of the opposite experience. It made me see that there IS power greater than myself...that there's a whole LOT of energy out there besides me and that I-me-myself am really nothing but a small piece of the whole game. But on the other hand there is that you-are-that Tvat-Tvam-Asi element as well and you see you're not a separate distinct entity for the Energy, but part of it as well like a wave is part of the ocean.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - malakaix - 11-07-2014

Yeah i can totally relate to your experience, and i have felt the same sort of awe-inspiring and humbling insignificance.

I think that's the beauty of this realization, you become aware that everything is connected.. and you are apart of everything, such as the wave is a part of the ocean or the branch a part of the tree; but there not separated.. they exist as a singular whole. So sitting with that in mind.. you witness yourself as everything, and that everything is you.

For me DMT seems to collapse conceptual reality into a singular point of non-duality through paradoxical means; we perceive reality as a duality.. black and white, light and dark, logic and emotion, positive and negative.. but none of these opposites are by any means separate from each other they are just the extremes on opposite ends of the same spectrum.

Lets think of one of the most extreme examples of opposites, the idea of everything and nothing.. and then imagining the two as one, this is a major fundamental paradox and in my experience this is the tipping point before breaking through on DMT, beyond this point it's raw unadulterated pure void; this for me is usually where people come into contact with entities or bear witness to objects and landscapes that simply can't exist under 3 dimensional physics. It's the place where people either go into hardcore denial of what they experienced because it was to far beyond comprehension or they accept it and embrace the absoluteness of their being and the infinite extension of conciousness into all possibilities.

This is also where it's easy to become caught up in a fascination with the details.

It's certainly unlike anything else..

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Beyond Borders - 11-07-2014

Quote: (11-06-2014 04:55 PM)Seanchaí Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2014 10:08 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Point taken sir, it doesn't seem to have a lot to do with fucking women I'll grant you that. I was more referring to the fact that it's such potent experience that's it's difficult to not think about it in depth afterward and want to discuss with others that have shared in the experience.

Nah, my point was that DMT has been discussed quite a bit around here.

No worries though.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Kizman - 11-12-2014

Update: I actually tried some DMT 2 days ago with a few buddies.

Must I say I was HIGH off my ass then after I exhaled on the 3rd hit, thats when shit got real wierd. I was trying to stay awake when all of the sudden I just picture myself traveling in my own mind. Like I could see a visual of me going inside my mind, deep inside my head getting thrown into a whole bunch of different colors and geometric patterns.

About 2-3 minutes in is when I could see this spirit like-thing rise from out of me and travel into the universe. I was getting real scared because at this point I did not know whether or not this was from the DMT or I was dying. Around me in my own imagination I could see very very bright vibrant colors. It felt like a 2hr trip, but only went for 10 mins and was tired all of the next day.

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - bobmjilica - 01-01-2019

Can anyone talk about the safety of it?
Like how to ensure the safety?

DMT - What The Fuck Is It All About - Windom Earle - 01-02-2019