Roosh V Forum
good clothing stores? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: good clothing stores? (/thread-4055.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

good clothing stores? - Kickb - 03-28-2011

I just donated a bunch of clothing and need to update my threads. Where do you guys shop that has cool stylish clothes at reasonable prices? [/b]

good clothing stores? - docsedated - 03-28-2011

One Store Zara

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se.../61033/Man

Spanish Cut of Clothes, I am totally sold as their prices are low to middle end for european cut of clothes, might not be for everyone as they are rather slim fit but I love them [Image: smile.gif]

good clothing stores? - Kurupt - 03-28-2011

Lands' End Canvas (NOT main Lands End) -> Heritage Collection -> get polos and button downs/poplins (LEC is what j crew was 2 years ago - affordable with semi decent clothing with decent fit)

Levi's - 511/514 Tumbled Rigid jeans - no distressing or washes, just get dark indigo, solid colour. Other alternative: GAP 1969 jeans.

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit shirts - Get a couple of these if you want to get more formal. Wait for 2 for 99$ BB shirt sales.

Also Brooks Brother Milano Fit trousers/chinos are good.

American Apparel --> Get tri blend tees/undershirts --> form fitting and they last a long time. Hanes and GAP are also options

Most important is shoes anyway. Get Clarks Desert Boots (beeswax) and a pair of pure white canvas sneakers (jack purcell / spring court / superga). Get some walnut/burgundy/tan penny loafers from allen edmonds.

DONE.

Disclaimer: yes there are not balling brands. However this is my 80/20 for dressing well on a budget.

good clothing stores? - rudebwoy - 03-28-2011

Superga - sweet! I am feeling the whole American Apparel t-shirt thing.

good clothing stores? - Brian - 03-28-2011

for casual wear check out H&M and Nordstrom Rack

i've found that how something fits is more important then brand. you can buy a $20 shirt at H&M that fits right and get more compliments then a $150 shirt that doesnt fit right. so buy stuff that isnt very expensive but fits right, plus you can get more stuff. for nicer stuff take G's advice and go custom. its actually about the same price for a custom suit as it is for off the rack once you factor in alterations

good clothing stores? - Khaleth - 03-28-2011

Mexx, FCUK, Le Chateau, Holt Renfrew, if you're gonna drop a lot. Kurupt had some solid advice on the budget brands that still look good. You can find a lot of cheaper items at outlet stores too... It might be a little out of season but no one cares. Ebay is nice if you want some high end stolen stuff too haha

I personally refuse to ever go cheap on my jeans. Drop a couple hundred on some nice fitting jeans (that means stay away from those gay skinny jeans!!!) and you'll look good no matter what you pair it with. After you throw on some nice Diesel or MAVI jeans everything else feels like sandpaper.

good clothing stores? - Gmac - 03-29-2011

H&M, Macys, StylesMan (http://www.stylesman.com/)

I ordered recently from stylesman and the shipping is taking fucking forever. I'll let you know about the product quality once I receive my shit.

Target is also pretty good for cheaper casual wear, graphic T's, hats, and jeans.

good clothing stores? - Kickb - 03-29-2011

Good stuff so far, i have alot of stuff to buy now lol

Gmac, did you buy the dress shirts by any chance? That stylesman site has some really nice looking dress shirts and jackets. It looks like all the clothes are form fitting which i love. I cant stand shirts that make me look like a rectangle or are formless. That is why i gave them to poor

good clothing stores? - Menace - 03-29-2011

Thanks for that Zara tip, doc. There's one in Montgomery Mall for those in the DC area.

good clothing stores? - Gmac - 03-30-2011

Quote: (03-29-2011 11:22 AM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Good stuff so far, i have alot of stuff to buy now lol

Gmac, did you buy the dress shirts by any chance? That stylesman site has some really nice looking dress shirts and jackets. It looks like all the clothes are form fitting which i love. I cant stand shirts that make me look like a rectangle or are formless. That is why i gave them to poor

I got my package yesterday, had to pick it up from the post office.

I'm pretty happy with the sweater (http://www.stylesman.com/sweaters/108-sh24.html) in black. I wore it out last night. The look alone is unique and got me a lot of attention. I like it because there are a few ways to wear it with the different button/zipper styles. Very form fitting, great if you are in shape. I went with the small for my frame/build.

I also got this shirt (http://www.stylesman.com/shirts/64-sg101.html) in blue. Extremely happy with the quality, look, and feel. One size so you can't really go wrong.

Lastly, I ordered (http://www.stylesman.com/dress-shirts/74-fd001.html) in wine (aka burgundy/red). I had assumed the cuffs would be flared out when it came in but they aren't so I was a little disappointed. I'm gonna have to figure out how to prop them outward because I really like the look. Shirt quality is pretty solid aside from that. Haven't actually worn it yet so I'll get back to you here.

Quote: (03-29-2011 11:50 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Thanks for that Zara tip, doc. There's one in Montgomery Mall for those in the DC area.

There's also one next to the Metro Center station (a few blocks from Chinatown). It's right next door to H&M and Macy's is only a block away... you can knock out all three in one swoop so it's my favorite spot.

I'm looking for some info on boots because I'm pretty clueless as far as they go (i.e. brands, style meshing, types). Anyone have experience buying casual boots? I hate the tall clunky looking stuff, looking for something just below formal but affordable.

good clothing stores? - Menace - 03-30-2011

Oh thanks Gmac. I work near there, so that is really one stop shopping.

good clothing stores? - Biz - 03-31-2011

Zara, H&M, Uniqlo, Topman, Urban Outfitters

good clothing stores? - Screwston - 03-31-2011

Gmac what about polo boots? I've been wearing them since high school and still get compliments from girls

good clothing stores? - Mrs. Chocolate - 03-31-2011

Zara, Ellus, Siberian, Osklen (the last 3 brazilian)

good clothing stores? - D. Goodnuts - 04-01-2011

GMAC

Kenneth Cole boots may suit your needs. Also take a look at Frye.

good clothing stores? - Gmac - 04-01-2011

Quote: (04-01-2011 03:07 AM)D. Goodnuts Wrote:  

GMAC

Pentagon city it is. Some of the KC stuff I browsed online looks like it'll fit my style.

Anyone have experience with men's robes? Looking to get something in black silk with some kind of design on it.

good clothing stores? - hunter7 - 04-03-2011

edit

good clothing stores? - Selva - 04-03-2011

I have been reading the "G Manifesto Vindicated" thread and it has some great ideas for building a nice wardrobe at reasonable prices.

good clothing stores? - Aliblahba - 04-04-2011

Quote: (04-01-2011 09:18 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2011 03:07 AM)D. Goodnuts Wrote:  

GMAC

Pentagon city it is. Some of the KC stuff I browsed online looks like it'll fit my style.

Anyone have experience with men's robes? Looking to get something in black silk with some kind of design on it.

@GMAC- Check out Mark Nason boots. Sometimes you can find them cheaper on ebay.

This weekend was my first time in Zara's. It's a nice store. I picked up an awesome shirt. Express is still a standard and their dress shirts were on sale for 3KD (10.8 USD). I can also vouch for Mexx, Lucky Brand, and Armani Exchange. H&M is hit or miss for me.

good clothing stores? - Gunner - 04-09-2011

It's weird, in the US Zara is seen like a really good brand for the buck, lot of fashion people buy there.

In Mexico it's only OK, mostly middle class, it's also a little bit cheaper than in the US. But here they know that is not good quality, after three washes the shirts start to decolorate and loose the fit.

In other Latinamerican countries is like in the US.

In Spain there's a Zara in every corner, same as in Mexico, middle class and people think that is so so quality.

In Italy they think that Zara is italian...

I like the brand though, the fit is 1000 times better than that of the american brands.

good clothing stores? - Chad Daring - 04-09-2011

Anyone know a good place to buy clothes if you a big guy?

I'm 6'3", big shoulders, a barrel chested, but I'm told that for my size why waist is actually a bit on the smaller side.

I usually wear my shirts on the tighter side because of the relative size between my shoulders/chest and waist anything that fits even a little loose on me just kinda hangs off my upperbody and makes me look fat (plus the tight fit shows off the fruits of my labor from the gym)

Problem I have is any shirts that fit across my chest and stomach well, are usually way to short, as in if I raise my arms up over my head everyone in the room will know if I have an innie or an outtie.

Other issue is cash. I know there are stores that cater to big guys (Though a lot cater to guys that are crazy tall, not just all around big) but they tend to run higher on the price range.

good clothing stores? - Kickb - 04-09-2011

i once went into a big and tall store. I think a better name would have been fat and tall.

us bigger guys just have to spend extra money on clothes with a better cut

good clothing stores? - Chad Daring - 04-10-2011

Quote: (04-09-2011 08:11 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

i once went into a big and tall store. I think a better name would have been fat and tall.

us bigger guys just have to spend extra money on clothes with a better cut

Yeah seems that way, or just be "that guy" and wear Tapout shirts at all venues.

I have better luck with button downs, but if you're going to a small chill bar a shirt like that feels just wrong. I've started going to "young mens" sections and looking at the new skater style of short sleeve button downs. If you can make the usually flamboyant colors work for you they can work, but I still have the problem I mentioned earlier with them being way to short.

good clothing stores? - Menace - 04-10-2011

Quote: (04-09-2011 05:25 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I'm 6'3", big shoulders, a barrel chested, but I'm told that for my size why waist is actually a bit on the smaller side.

I usually wear my shirts on the tighter side because of the relative size between my shoulders/chest and waist anything that fits even a little loose on me just kinda hangs off my upperbody and makes me look fat (plus the tight fit shows off the fruits of my labor from the gym)

Problem I have is any shirts that fit across my chest and stomach well, are usually way to short, as in if I raise my arms up over my head everyone in the room will know if I have an innie or an outtie.

Other issue is cash. I know there are stores that cater to big guys (Though a lot cater to guys that are crazy tall, not just all around big) but they tend to run higher on the price range.

I know you mentioned cash is an issue, but maybe you should seriously consider getting 1 or 2 custom made "going out" shirts. A properly fitted shirt will look awesome.

good clothing stores? - Chad Daring - 04-10-2011

Quote: (04-10-2011 10:58 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Quote: (04-09-2011 05:25 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I know you mentioned cash is an issue, but maybe you should seriously consider getting 1 or 2 custom made "going out" shirts. A properly fitted shirt will look awesome.

I've thought about it, just to at least have that one shirt that I know I'll look sharp in. Anyone know of good tailor in the DC area?