Roosh V Forum
1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: 1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist (/thread-39824.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - The Reactionary Tree - 08-26-2014

Well this is an absolutely horrible story. It is also political correctness gone mad. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south...e-28939089

Quote:Quote:

Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds
At least 1,400 children were subjected to appalling sexual exploitation in Rotherham between 1997 and 2013, a report has found.
Children as young as 11 were raped by multiple perpetrators, abducted, trafficked to other cities in England, beaten and intimidated, it said.
The report, commissioned by Rotherham Borough Council, revealed there had been three previous inquiries.
Council leader Roger Stone said he would step down with immediate effect.
Mr Stone, who has been the leader since 2003, said: "I believe it is only right that as leader I take responsibility for the historic failings described so clearly."
The inquiry team noted fears among council staff of being labelled "racist" if they focused on victims' description of the majority of abusers as "Asian" men.
'Doused in petrol'
Professor Alexis Jay, who wrote the latest report, said there had been "blatant" collective failures by the council's leadership, senior managers had "underplayed" the scale of the problem and South Yorkshire Police had failed to prioritise the issue.
Prof Jay said: "No-one knows the true scale of child sexual exploitation in Rotherham over the years. Our conservative estimate is that approximately 1,400 children were sexually exploited over the full inquiry period, from 1997 to 2013."
Revealing details of the inquiry's findings, Prof Jay said: "It is hard to describe the appalling nature of the abuse that child victims suffered."
The inquiry team found examples of "children who had been doused in petrol and threatened with being set alight, threatened with guns, made to witness brutally violent rapes and threatened they would be next if they told anyone".
Five men from the town were jailed for sexual offences against girls in 2010, but the report said police "regarded many child victims with contempt".
District Commander for Rotherham, Ch Supt Jason Harwin said: "Firstly I'd like to start by offering an unreserved apology to the victims of child sexual exploitation who did not receive the level of service they should be able to expect from their local police force.
"We fully acknowledge our previous failings."
Ch Supt Harwin said the force had "overhauled" the way it dealt with such cases and had successfully prosecuted a number of abusers.
But he admitted: "I accept that our recent successes... will not heal the pain of those victims who have been let down."
'Racism' fear
The report found: "Several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."
Failures by those charged with protecting children happened despite three reports between 2002 and 2006 which both the council and police were aware of, and "which could not have been clearer in the description of the situation in Rotherham".
She said the first of these reports was "effectively suppressed" because senior officers did not believe the data. The other two were ignored, she said.
The inquiry team found that in the early-2000s when a group of professionals attempted to monitor a number of children believed to be at risk, "managers gave little help or support to their efforts".
The report revealed some people at a senior level in the police and children's social care thought the extent of the problem was being "exaggerated".
Prof Jay said: "The authorities involved have a great deal to answer for."
A victim of abuse in Rotherham, who has been called "Isabel" to protect her identity, told BBC Panorama: "I was a child and they should have stepped in.
"No matter what's done now... it's not going to change that it was too late, it should have been stopped and prevented."
Analysis
James Vincent, BBC Look North
The scale of this report is simply staggering and some of the detail extremely hard to read.
It lays out how Rotherham Council and the police knew about the level of child sexual exploitation in the town, but didn't do anything about it.
They either didn't believe what they were being told, played it down, or were too nervous to act. The failures, the report says, are blatant.
The report estimates 1,400 children were sexually exploited over 16 years, with one young person telling the report's author that gang rape was a usual part of growing up in Rotherham.
The processes for dealing with these crimes have got better in the last four years, but still improvements need to be made.
There were more apologies from the council today but the report's author says they are too late.
Speaking about her abuser, Isabel said: "I think because the police were aware and social services were aware and he knew that and they still didn't stop him it I think it encouraged him.
"It almost became like a game to him. He was untouchable."
Speaking after the publication of the report, Victims' Commissioner Baroness Newlove said: "I'm appalled by the extent of the horrific abuse endured by these vulnerable victims.
"It's deeply distressing how the authorities failed to protect these young people and their voices were not heard.
"Everyone involved needs to take responsibility for the shocking failings that this report has exposed. This must not happen again.
"I want to see every one of these victims getting the right support now and for as long as it takes them to help them on the path to recovery."
Maggie Atkinson, children's commissioner for England, said the number of identified child victims was "largely consistent" with the findings of their own national inquiry into "child sexual exploitation in gangs and groups".
'Horrific experiences'
Rotherham council's chief executive, Martin Kimber, said he accepted the report and the recommendations made and apologised to the victims of abuse.
He said: "The report does not make comfortable reading in its account of the horrific experiences of some young people in the past, and I would like to reiterate our sincere apology to those who were let down when they needed help.
"I commissioned this independent review to understand fully what went wrong, why it went wrong and to ensure that the lessons learned in Rotherham mean these mistakes can never happen again.
"The report confirms that our services have improved significantly over the last five years and are stronger today than ever before.
"This is important because it allows me to reassure young people and families that should anyone raise concerns we will take them seriously and provide them with the support they need.
"However, that must not overshadow - and certainly does not excuse - the finding that for a significant amount of time the council and its partners could and should have done more to protect young people from what must be one of the most horrific forms of abuse imaginable."

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - L M McCoy - 08-26-2014

I think all crimes committed against children should warrant the death penalty. No excuse to taking advantage of someone who is defenseless and robbing them of their innocence.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - kinjutsu - 08-26-2014

The fuck...

Why are these people allowed to stay in England?
I'm not sorry for saying this but with certain crimes a guilty verdict should be deport to your country of origin.
I read else where that these "men" think of white girls less than their own daughters.
Statements like that should be automatic deportation back to their war torn shit hole.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - The Lizard of Oz - 08-26-2014

No. There were no "1400" "children" "raped". It's a ludicrous lie.

This is just part of the continuing and growing hysteria about "child rape" and "molestation" that is rampant in the West and in the UK especially.

The BBC has been running more and more stories like this. The Jimmy Savile story where he supposedly "molested" "thousands" of "children" over the course of decades really kicked it into high gear, and now there are new accusations of this kind every day.

Many innocent people will have their lives ruined by this hysterical witch hunt before it's over, just as many innocent people were destroyed by a similar "child abuse" witch hunt in the US in the 80s (see the McMartin case, and read Dorothy Rabinowitz's book "No Crueler Tyrannies" for many more heartbreaking cases), and just as innocent people's lives are being destroyed on US college campuses and elsewhere right now because of the false rape accusation hysteria.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - Surreyman - 08-26-2014

Context for those unaware: These are gangs of immigrant men (18-40 usually) from Pakistan and sometimes other countries who have been systematically grooming vulnerable underage English (and apparently sometimes Hindu/Sikh) girls, and then passing them round their groups. This is almost entirely isolated to the Midlands and North of England. Usually accompanied by psychological coercion, hard drugs and violence. These girls are usually from broken homes.

This has been known since around 2003 or so, but it took around 10 years for the press write about it. Only once it was unavoidable news did they publish these reports.

It's utterly horrendous, but what it should show to any who are doubting is the extent of PC whitewashing and (often self-)censorship. This is the left wing that we are up against.

For those in America who are trying to gauge the significance of this let me say; Britain isn't France or Sweden, it isn't considered a very left wing country amongst Europeans.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - Surreyman - 08-26-2014

Quote: (08-26-2014 03:23 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

No. There were no "1400" "children" "raped". It's a ludicrous lie.

This is just part of the continuing and growing hysteria about "child rape" and "molestation" that is rampant in the West and in the UK especially.

The BBC has been running more and more stories like this. The Jimmy Savile story where he supposedly "molested" "thousands" of "children" over the course of decades really kicked it into high gear, and now there are new accusations of this kind every day.

Many innocent people will have their lives ruined by this hysterical witch hunt before it's over, just as many innocent people were destroyed by a similar "child abuse" witch hunt in the US in the 80s (see the McMartin case, and read Dorothy Rabinowitz's book "No Crueler Tyrannies" for many more heartbreaking cases), and just as innocent people's lives are being destroyed on US college campuses and elsewhere right now because of the false rape accusation hysteria.

I disagree, these issues came out long before the Saville inquest.

The word 'Paedophile' isn't used extensively in this reporting. Quite rightly, since this would technically be 'ephebophilia', if anything, but these girls likely resemble women already.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - Crackshot - 08-26-2014

I feel so enriched by all this diversity.

Imagine if you added up all the figures from all the places this happened ie Bradford Oldham tower hamlets etc

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - MrXY - 08-26-2014

Cultural Marxism is killing Europe, which is what it was designed to do.

I've read stories like this before and they always omit or try to downplay that the victims were overwhelmingly white girls, and never Muslim.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - The Lizard of Oz - 08-26-2014

I agree that having a large hostile Muslim population in the heart of England is a terrible idea and is having and will have all kinds of bad consequences.

But you don't have to buy into hysterical and absurdly exaggerated reports about daily "child rape" and "trafficking" -- reports that make these places sound like Congo at the height of civil war -- to argue that point.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - Crackshot - 08-26-2014

@Lizard

Are you from the UK?

This is no hysteria this is just the tip of a very large iceberg that has been hidden by the leftists and intelligentsia

Quote: (08-26-2014 04:47 PM)Crackshot Wrote:  

@Lizard

Are you from the UK?

No.

This is no hysteria this is just the tip of a very large iceberg that has been hidden by the leftists and intelligentsia

I disagree. I know a good deal about the global "sex trafficking" and "sex slavery" hysteria, and this is part of it. And they are always saying that the numbers are both "staggering" and "just the tip of the iceberg".

I have no doubt that these Pakistani guys fucked many low-class white girls, and many of the girls were underage. I also don't doubt that in some cases they turned these girls out and pimped them.

Were they "children"? No. Were they "slaves", were they actually "raped" and held against their will? Probably a few were raped. But "thousands" in one town? Of course not. It defies common sense. It's an absurd claim. Was "gang rape" really part of the "daily experience" in those towns? It's a ludicrous idea. I don't think gang rapes are part of the "daily experience" under ISIS once their first enthusiasm wanes a little.

There are **5** actual arrests mentioned in the report. FIVE. But we are supposed to believe that "thousands" were "raped"? Sorry, no. I'll believe it when I believe that "20% of women on US campuses are sexually assaulted" which is another oft-repeated claim that intimates that what you see in terms of (already inflated and gratuitous) actual prosecutions is only the "tip of the iceberg".

Watch and see how many actual criminal cases that can stand up even in a biased court come out of this. Prediction: not many, and many of those will be false accusations.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - RawGod - 08-26-2014

Quote: (08-26-2014 03:42 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Cultural Marxism is killing Europe, which is what it was designed to do.

I've read stories like this before and they always omit or try to downplay that the victims were overwhelmingly white girls, and never Muslim.

You can read a few stories about it and none of them simply give you the picture. You have to read between the lines, like Soviet citizens reading Pravda.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - Sonsowey - 08-26-2014

Quote: (08-26-2014 05:19 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

I don't think gang rapes are part of the "daily experience" under ISIS once their first enthusiasm wanes a little.

I'm not sure there have been any reliable reports of ISIS raping anyone.

They have held Yazidi women captive and encouraged them to convert to Islam, but their commanding officers have actually made sure they do not so much as touch these women (literally they will not touch them) until they convert to Islam.

There were indeed false reports of this trying to drum up hysteria, but nothing reliable.

@Lizard

If you were British and from the north of England you would understand. You are not from here and so it seems alien to you but trust me it happens across the UK

You are not doing the forum any favours by saying it is hysteria.

Quote: (08-26-2014 05:46 PM)Crackshot Wrote:  

but trust me it happens across the UK

What happens across the UK? What is "it"?

Are there gangs of Muslim thugs, and do they fuck and pimp out low-class white pussy, some of it underage? Yeah. Are they nice guys, do they always behave like gentlemen? No, I don't think they do.

Is having these thugs and a generally hostile Muslim population around a good idea? No, it's a terrible idea.

But are they "gang-raping" "children" on the daily with nary a word of protest from anyone? Nope. Sorry. That's as false as the countless other such claims about the "staggering" reality of trafficking, "underage sex slaves", endless "sexual assaults" and the like.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - rekruler - 08-26-2014

Quote: (08-26-2014 06:00 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Quote: (08-26-2014 05:46 PM)Crackshot Wrote:  

but trust me it happens across the UK

What happens across the UK? What is "it"?

Are there gangs of Muslim thugs, and do they fuck and pimp out low-class white pussy, some of it underage? Yeah. Are they nice guys, do they always behave like gentlemen? No, I don't think they do.

Is having these thugs and a generally hostile Muslim population around a good idea? No, it's a terrible idea.

But are they "gang-raping" "children" on the daily with nary a word of protest from anyone? Nope. Sorry. That's as false as the countless other such claims about the "staggering" reality of trafficking, "underage sex slaves", endless "sexual assaults" and the like.

It's hard to understand exactly what it is you're trying to say. The report specifically cited events such as "11 year olds" being raped and girls being "doused with petrol." You are vehemently denying that any of this happened while presenting zero evidence to justify your claims. Rest assured, if mainstream institutions are releasing reports where minorities are the perpetrators and whites are the victims, said reports are likely to underplay rather than overplay the extent of the victimization.

Quote: (08-26-2014 05:19 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

@Lizard

Are you from the UK?

No.

I disagree. I know a good deal about the global "sex trafficking" and "sex slavery" hysteria, and this is part of it. And they are always saying that the numbers are both "staggering" and "just the tip of the iceberg".

I have no doubt that these Pakistani guys fucked many low-class white girls, and many of the girls were underage. I also don't doubt that in some cases they turned these girls out and pimped them.

Were they "children"? No. Were they "slaves", were they actually "raped" and held against their will? Probably a few were raped. But "thousands" in one town? Of course not. It defies common sense. It's an absurd claim. Was "gang rape" really part of the "daily experience" in those towns? It's a ludicrous idea. I don't think gang rapes are part of the "daily experience" under ISIS once their first enthusiasm wanes a little.

There are **5** actual arrests mentioned in the report. FIVE. But we are supposed to believe that "thousands" were "raped"? Sorry, no. I'll believe it when I believe that "20% of women on US campuses are sexually assaulted" which is another oft-repeated claim that intimates that what you see in terms of (already inflated and gratuitous) actual prosecutions is only the "tip of the iceberg".

Watch and see how many actual criminal cases that can stand up even in a biased court come out of this. Prediction: not many, and many of those will be false accusations.

Lizard, there have been a series of these cases that have been slowly coming out in the last 2 years or so, after the wall of silence on the issue has been broken. This is an endemic trend.

Are you not aware of that? I'm not referring to this sole case.

So the media hyped it up with evocative language? That doesn't detract from the facts, and most forum members are discerning enough to read through that anyway.

Our age in the UK is 16. Girls under that age ARE children in the eyes of the law. That there are predators going out looking for damaged 11-15 year olds to rope into abusive relationships is pretty significant.

Also, Rotherham is quite a large town (generally in the UK the difference between a town and a city is the presence of a cathedral), about 20-30% Muslim, and this is talking about a period of 15 years. It's entirely possible.

Quote: (08-26-2014 06:25 PM)rekruler Wrote:  

Rest assured, if mainstream institutions are releasing reports where minorities are the perpetrators and whites are the victims, said reports are likely to underplay rather than overplay the extent of the victimization.

Very true.

Remember these are the same institutions who have taken around 15 years to start actually reporting on this phenomenon.

This isn't the Daily Mail, this is the BBC. They don't need to get your readership from clickbait, that's not how they're funded. This is a left wing institution.

Quote: (08-26-2014 06:00 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

The point is Lizard, there was no protest from anyone. Not a peep from the police and social services who were completely aware of this and turned a blind eye because of racial sensitivity.

That's what's significant to me. The number of cases doesn't come into it. Our government ignores anything that doesn't fit their narrative and pretends it isn't there, and even the police are in on it. That's horrifying.

Wouldn't that kind of behaviour from Police in your own country disturb you?

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - scorpion - 08-26-2014

Well, I guess we need a new definition for rape culture. How about this:

Rape culture: when political correctness prevents the police from arresting hundreds of Pakistani and Muslim rapists/child pimps for fear of appearing racist.

Thanks progressives!

It's hard to understand exactly what it is you're trying to say. The report specifically cited events such as "11 year olds" being raped and girls being "doused with petrol."

There is nothing hard to understand. The report cites "as young as 11", which means they found ONE case involving an 11 year old girl (and we don't know what the case actually involves). We don't know how many incidents there were of girls being "doused in petrol". Maybe there was ONE? or two?

You are vehemently denying that any of this happened while presenting zero evidence to justify your claims.

No. I am not denying that "any of this happened". I am denying the claim that THOUSANDS of "children" were "raped" because it defies credulity and common sense, and because I've seen too many such absurd claims in all sorts of contexts, and they are never true.

There is always a sleight of hand involved: they give you the examples of a few cases that actually happened that were bad (of course they always choose the most extreme cases). Some of these are typically lies as well, but some are actually true and happened. Then, without pausing, they proceed to speak of "thousands" of "children" that were "exploited", tacitly implying that all these cases were of the same nature and quality as the few actually nasty and violent examples. And in this way they leave you with the impression that there is "widespread" "child rape", but nothing of the sort is actually true.

Rest assured, if mainstream institutions are releasing reports where minorities are the perpetrators and whites are the victims, said reports are likely to underplay rather than overplay the extent of the victimization.

Not in this case, because the card of "child sexual abuse" is the trump card and it trumps even untouchable "minorities". The feminist agenda of fanning the global trafficking hysteria is more sacred even than the protection of these otherwise sacred minorities.

Quote: (08-26-2014 06:46 PM)Surreyman Wrote:  

That's what's significant to me. The number of cases doesn't come into it.

The number is always important. Always. When you tell feminists that the "20% of coeds sexually assaulted" claim is absurd and impossible, if they are not in the mood to argue they'll just say, "Well, one is too many. Do you want to live in a country where even one woman is sexually assaulted? Does anyone deserve to be"?

I am no fan of these Muslim thugs, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to live around them. I have great sympathy for those who are disgusted with the state of things there. But I can't accept claims that are absurd and outlandish, and that serve to fan a global hysteria that is dangerous and harmful to men all over the world.

Quote: (08-26-2014 06:59 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Quote: (08-26-2014 06:46 PM)Surreyman Wrote:  

That's what's significant to me. The number of cases doesn't come into it.

The number is always important. Always. When you tell feminists that the "20% of coeds sexually assaulted" claim is absurd and impossible, if they are not in the mood to argue they'll just say, "Well, one is too many. Do you want to live in a country where even one woman is sexually assaulted? Does anyone deserve to be"?

I am no fan of these Muslim thugs, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to live around them. I have great sympathy for those who are disgusted with the state of things there. But I can't accept claims that are absurd and outlandish, and that serve to fan a global hysteria that is dangerous and harmful to men all over the world.

I think you're arguing details.

This is part of an ongoing trend that seems to have emerged in the 90s, localised mostly in the north and midlands od England, with occasional instances elsewhere. This is due to the fact that people who came to our country think these vulnerable girls have no worth. The Police and social services have deliberately turned a blind eye because it wasn't politically correct. They turned a blind eye to girls who came to them reporting gang rapes etc, despite the fact there was a trend of this.

Those are the important facts to me. AS far as I can see, they're the key facts of this issue. That the media is using sensational language to report does not detract from the issue.

To be honest, most people are just glad this is being reported at all. Many people knew this was happening long before it came out.

1400 Children in Rotherham raped but police did nothing bc fear of being racist - Simeon_Strangelight - 08-26-2014

Quote: (08-26-2014 06:50 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Well, I guess we need a new definition for rape culture. How about this:

Rape culture: when political correctness prevents the police from arresting hundreds of Pakistani and Muslim rapists/child pimps for fear of appearing racist.

Thanks progressives!

As usual the real rape cultures are completely ignored while white college boys in Cambridge are thrown to the wolves of the press and public humiliation on some bogus claims by "regret-raped" or "rejected-raped" princess wannabe.

Meanwhile hordes of immigrants rape their way through thousands of children and hardly a peep in the media or the authorities. When they say 1400, then we might even go higher in fact.

[Image: attachment.jpg21177]   

[Image: attachment.jpg21178]   

Surreyman,

I don't feel that these are just details. These kinds of sensationalized claims are part of an hysterical atmosphere that exists all over the world.

We used to have just plain old whoring and pimping. Everyone knew what it was. Everyone knew that pimps weren't always nice to whores, but whores chose to be whores for all sorts of reason. Some whores in low-class areas were always younger than 18 but they were not "children". They were girls who followed that path in life. These are things that everyone understands; there is not much mystery about them.

Now all of a sudden there are no whores and pimps anymore -- there is just "trafficking". Females no longer choose to be whores -- they are always "trafficked" and "enslaved". And anyone who is under 18 is a "child". So a 17 year old who has a pimp and is doing tricks -- something that has existed for centuries and centuries in poor and low-class areas -- is suddenly a "trafficked child slave". And because these girls tend to be from single parent families, they are always "vulnerable" to "predators". And so on. And their numbers are always "staggering" -- one is surprised not to a find a "sex slave" going down to one's basement.

The language of this article exactly follows the template of such claims. And it has the usual sleight-of-hand of trying to stretch terms like "rape" or "child" to extend to cases where no normal human being would ever think of using such terms.

Again, I have the utmost sympathy with Englishmen who are disgusted with the state of affairs in their country, and in particular with the fact that these Muslim thugs run rampant in parts of the country. But it is important not to let this well-justified outrage feed into a growing hysteria that has increasingly terrible consequences.