Roosh V Forum
Lifter's Lounge - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Fitness (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-6.html)
+---- Thread: Lifter's Lounge (/thread-38933.html)

Lifter's Lounge - casa-nostra - 11-03-2017

Quote: (11-03-2017 01:14 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Quote: (11-03-2017 01:05 PM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

Guys do you really think Whey proteink drink add somthing ? i drink it since 2 years , and even if i dont do it for a week i dont feel any changement.

Is it like just makreting ? i am using good brands though , like now isoflex and have used gold ....

It's food, not magic

what i mean when i eat a meal i feel it more than they whey shaker , i actually feel i didnt put anything in my body. such a marketing waste of money for nothing.

Lifter's Lounge - Steelex - 11-03-2017

Quote: (11-03-2017 01:05 PM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

Guys do you really think Whey proteink drink add somthing ? i drink it since 2 years , and even if i dont do it for a week i dont feel any changement.

Is it like just makreting ? i am using good brands though , like now isoflex and have used gold ....

It's a protein powder it's just to help you get more protein in during the day.

Just taking it won't do anything unless the rest of your diet is right and you're training the right way.

It's just a milk by product. Nothing special.

A lot of people are expecting drug type results from a protein lemme tell ya, it just doesn't work like that. The only thing that creates quick, noticeable results is work + food + drugs.

Lifter's Lounge - Adonis - 11-03-2017

Hit a new deadlift PR @360, not even going to bother stressing over my goal of 365 I'm shooting for 4 fucking plates now.

Lifter's Lounge - heavy - 11-04-2017

I joined this planet fitness by my house...I gotta say it's pretty nice. Well first of all its babes everywhere because it's on the college side of town.

But it's really clean and huge. Open 24 hours. I don't rrally give a shit to judge anyone in there so no issues.

Downside is the obvious...no free weight barbells. No big deal to me since I mostly use dumbbells anyway.

One problem though, I like using really heavy dumbbells for a pseudo dead lift for my traps, like 130 lbs if possible. These 75 lb just aren't cutting it and I can already tell I've lost a little in my shoulders.

Overall pf is pretty solid, like I said, at least in my college town.

That's my Saturday morning post (I typed it this morning).

Lifter's Lounge - glugger - 11-06-2017

Quote: (11-02-2017 08:49 PM)redonion Wrote:  

I broke one of my gym's squat stands today because I dumped a bad squat on the safety pins. The whole rack bent about 10 degrees forwards and stayed that way. It was 345, so pretty heavy but not outrageous. I'm willing to replace it myself if it turns out dumping on these stands is a big no-no. But I can't find anyone experiencing this online and I've dumped squats plenty myself. The stands aren't bolted into the ground, which might be why this happened.

Here's the stand - https://www.roguefitness.com/sml-1-rogue...quat-stand

On the site there it says that frames have a lifetime warranty.

Lifter's Lounge - Steelex - 11-06-2017

Yeah but that isn't commercial grade shit.

I guarantee you this would not happen on a commercial grade hammer strength rack.

Lifter's Lounge - casa-nostra - 11-06-2017

So i have been eating more calories since a week or two to grow more muscle.

1- i noticed a muscle grow but fat grow too .. How can i know if it is water weight or fat ? i have been eating those foods : chiken - egs - frozen vegtables and fries potatoes , greek yagort , dark chocolate 70% ,oatmeal , bread , mixed nuts , penaut butter ,somtime a cheat meal
2- i think i will start sauna after workout to help to loose fat (if it is water weight) , is it a good idea ? i never did it before
3- i have been eating more of frozen food (mainly fries potatoes and vegetables) , so question , is it that bad to eat frozen food ? also is it better to go with fries sweet potatoes or normal fries ( i coock them in the oven)

Lifter's Lounge - Seth_Rose - 11-06-2017

Quote: (11-06-2017 10:20 AM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

1- i noticed a muscle grow but fat grow too .. How can i know if it is water weight or fat ? i have been eating those foods : chiken - egs - frozen vegtables and fries potatoes , greek yagort , dark chocolate 70% ,oatmeal , bread , mixed nuts , penaut butter ,somtime a cheat meal
2- i think i will start sauna after workout to help to loose fat (if it is water weight) , is it a good idea ? i never did it before
3- i have been eating more of frozen food (mainly fries potatoes and vegetables) , so question , is it that bad to eat frozen food ? also is it better to go with fries sweet potatoes or normal fries ( i coock them in the oven)

1.) Keep track of your waistline with a tape measure. Is it getting larger? If yes, then you're getting fatter. You can also get a scale or something to electronically track body fat.
2.) Sauna's will likely not burn fat long-term, just get rid of water weight. It is certainly beneficial for health though.
3.) Frozen food is not necessarily bad, especially vegetables. Fries though are not healthy in general.

Lifter's Lounge - casa-nostra - 11-06-2017

Quote: (11-06-2017 10:33 AM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

1.) Keep track of your waistline with a tape measure. Is it getting larger? If yes, then you're getting fatter. You can also get a scale or something to electronically track body fat.
2.) Sauna's will likely not burn fat long-term, just get rid of water weight. It is certainly beneficial for health though.
3.) Frozen food is not necessarily bad, especially vegetables. Fries though are not healthy in general.

thanks for the advices

i started eating fries potatoes ( sweet potatoes or normal ones) because i saw many people advice to eat it (full of carbs and potassuim , not lots of sugars) i am cooking them in the oven.

should i stop eating them

Lifter's Lounge - little wing - 11-07-2017

Quote: (11-06-2017 10:48 AM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

thanks for the advices

i started eating fries potatoes ( sweet potatoes or normal ones) because i saw many people advice to eat it (full of carbs and potassuim , not lots of sugars) i am cooking them in the oven.

Download myfitnesspal, enter your physical stats and goals. It will give you your caloric goal for each day. Enter every food you eat, it's super easy. Buy a food scale, it's 10 bucks. Do 15-30 minutes of cardio every day. Never get fat on a bulk anymore. Nothing more to it than that

Lifter's Lounge - casa-nostra - 11-07-2017

Quote: (11-07-2017 05:34 AM)little wing Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2017 10:48 AM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

thanks for the advices

Download myfitnesspal, enter your physical stats and goals. It will give you your caloric goal for each day. Enter every food you eat, it's super easy. Buy a food scale, it's 10 bucks. Do 15-30 minutes of cardio every day. Never get fat on a bulk anymore. Nothing more to it than that

what about the frozen fries potatoes that i do in the oven ?
the macros showen are good , few trans fat , little suger and lots of potassuim

should i trust that ? of fries always bad

Lifter's Lounge - Seth_Rose - 11-07-2017

If you're really skinny and trying to pack on size fast then yes frozen fries would be good. However, they are not healthy. They have very few nutrients, if any, and are full of bad fats.

Why not just bake potatoes in the oven?

Lifter's Lounge - Not a Second Hander - 11-07-2017

Hope you guys try out this simple but incredibly useful calculator. My sleep and energy throughout the day has improved immensely. Might also have helped with recovery after the gym.

http://sleepyti.me

Lifter's Lounge - Truth Teller - 11-07-2017

Quote: (11-02-2017 08:49 PM)redonion Wrote:  

I broke one of my gym's squat stands today because I dumped a bad squat on the safety pins. The whole rack bent about 10 degrees forwards and stayed that way. It was 345, so pretty heavy but not outrageous. I'm willing to replace it myself if it turns out dumping on these stands is a big no-no. But I can't find anyone experiencing this online and I've dumped squats plenty myself. The stands aren't bolted into the ground, which might be why this happened.

Here's the stand - https://www.roguefitness.com/sml-1-rogue...quat-stand

That's bizarre, Rogue's equipment isn't exactly known for having lousy tolerances/failing to hold up.

Depends how you dumped it, I guess?

Lifter's Lounge - redonion - 11-07-2017

I went into the gym the next day and the rack was fixed. It also had a heavy dumbbell weighing down the base of it since it can't be bolted down. I think the gym just didn't tighten the bolts hard enough or secure the rack properly. They definitely have a habit of spending $ for equipment without getting some fundamental shit right (e.g. buying 3 new benches and putting them on a broken floor with multiple holes in it).

Lifter's Lounge - Vet-Boy - 11-10-2017

What are your guys' opinions on ATG squats vs parallel? Ive been watching quite a few videos on olympic weightlifters doing olympic squats (High bar ATG) and I cant help but want to replicate the far more impressive look, and probably functional use their squatting form must provide relative to parallel squats.

Lifter's Lounge - Steelex - 11-10-2017

Ass to grass all day. It's better on the knees.

However, you may have to experiment with bar placement and foot position. Individual differences in the length of our torso, tibia and femur will produce different squat technique. I prefer a narrow stance, some people go wide.

This should be practiced with a loaded bar. An unloaded bar or no bar at all produces a different technique due to the change in center of gravity.

Lifter's Lounge - redbeard - 11-10-2017

I'm trying to make my delts and yoke bigger to make more of a V taper, here's what my upper looked like yesterday:

Chinups - 5 x 2 50#
DB OHP - 3 x 5 60#
Cable rows - 3 x 8 185#
BTN Press - 3 x 12 60#
Upright rows (on Hammer Strength OHP machine, Paul Carter style) - 3 x 12 25#

The point of this post is shoutout FORTIS for the BTN presses, my shoulders are fried today. I went light to figure this exercise out but gottdamn these pump the delts well. I used a thumbless grip, pretty wide, and the movement feels pretty natural. Excited to see where this goes.

This was light on the chest but that means I'll hit dips and CGBP today.

Also,

Quote: (11-10-2017 06:01 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

Ass to grass all day. It's better on the knees.

However, you may have to experiment with bar placement and foot position. Individual differences in the length of our torso, tibia and femur will produce different squat technique. I prefer a narrow stance, some people go wide.

This should be practiced with a loaded bar. An unloaded bar or no bar at all produces a different technique due to the change in center of gravity.

THIS!

I was trying for so long to perfect my squat form by doing millions of air squats, but with my body, squatting with weighted bar is completely different. I do a low bar/semi-wide stance, so it was useless doing ATG upright squats.

Lifter's Lounge - Oz. - 11-11-2017

Haven't posted here in a while, but, I am still getting my training in, even though my schedule has been packed. Doing a lot of diet research lately and have gained some healthy weight without much trouble.

Anyone got some personal experience with Xylitol?

Lifter's Lounge - Steelex - 11-11-2017

Xylitol is just an artificial sweetener. If you need it to not eat sugar, then it's fine. Being fat is worse than using a harmless sugar alcohol to achieve your goals.

Lifter's Lounge - kbell - 11-11-2017

I tried doing a light week this week, with much lower weights, and I feel great. Supposedly its gives the nervous system a break and recovery is much more pleasant. Not sure how often you do a light week. But I may do it whenever I feel lower energy than usual.

Lifter's Lounge - little wing - 11-12-2017

Just switched to PPL 6 days a week, doing cardio and stretching in the morning.
Finally starting to see improvements in my posture and I can't wait to lose the last 5lbs of fat until I'm shredded and can then start bulking slowly again.
I massively overdid it on my last bulk and ended up around 18% BF. Not a good look when you have a young looking face and small frame.

About a year ago my only goal was to get as big and strong as I can. Now I want to look good, have a sixpack with a nice athletic build.
Girls don't give a shit how much you bench, squat and deadlift.

Lifter's Lounge - General Stalin - 11-13-2017

Lucked out on some sweet deals on fitness gear recently and excited to get to the gym and break them in.

A little backstory: there is a very active and healthy strongman community at my gym and they all compete regularly for fun and also in sanctioned events. One of our competitors is actually a USAS strongman rep and recently became a Rehband sponsor as well and is able to get their gear at cost. So I was able to order a pair of blueline elbow sleeves from him for half of the price you would buy them for at an online store.

Furthermore, we have some seriously gifted athletes in our gym and a couple of them qualified for the NAS Strongman Nationals in Vegas this past weekend. I went to Vegas to support and celebrate after (one of our competitors won an invite to the Arnold) and at the event there was a SBD booth and I was able to score some knee sleeves no sales tax and no shipping costs so saved $10.

Pumped to see how this equipment helps in my performance in the gym!

Lifter's Lounge - Steelex - 11-14-2017

I've been dieting fairly hard lately, pretty low carb and high protein. Decided to carb up like crazy today with fruits, chocolate, rice, water, ect...

Did my leg workout which was mostly just high volume pumping style today...

Squat
315 1x10
335 1x12
355 1x16

At the end of the last set I had such a ridiculous pump in my quads that I was literally getting light headed. And almost passed out after the 3rd set. On the drive home I felt super light headed and had to pull over and actually passed out.

Sometimes you push a little too far.

Lifter's Lounge - Bluey - 11-21-2017

Anyone run boring but big as a fairly experienced lifter? Decided to give it a whirl and I'm finding it way to easy with the 5X10 @50%. Clearly need to go heavier, but anyone had the same problem? Not particularly strong, but wondering what % to run the boring but big work at for a few months.