Roosh V Forum
Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page (/thread-36652.html)

Pages: 1 2

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Days of Broken Arrows - 06-01-2014

I am really getting tired of Facebook, which now seems to be banning "incorrect" personalities the way the PMRC tried to censor recording artists in the 1980s.

Roosh has made note of this regarding the Return of Kings Facebook page. But in the last few days, radio personality Tom Leykis has complained about several his posts earning him a Facebook ban. Leykis, for those who don't know, hosted a popular radio show from 1999 to 07 and was about the only man to address men's issues. He now broadcasts online. If there is a "father of the manosphere," he's a candidate.

On May 27, he posted about about the "Facebook police" shutting down his page temporarily on his own blog, but must have gotten paranoid because that post is now removed.

This was his message today:

"In case our FB technical issue is due to FB trying to censor or unpublish us again, be sure that you have signed up for our mailing list (you can do that by going to the right column of the homepage at blowmeuptom.com) and that you follow us on Twitter @tomleykis. Be sure to do it ASAP."

Here is the link to Leykis' page if you want to comment or show support, although I'm pretty convinced at this point FB is a lost cause for anyone who isn't falling into lockstep-conformist thinking.

I'm also posting this just so people can have an online record of what Facebook is doing. The guy's message was broadcast to millions via syndicated radio for a decade and yet...FB is saying their readers can't handle him? What is going on?

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - KorbenDallas - 06-01-2014

Fuck them. I disabled my facebook and have made more of an effort to spend free time outdoors. It's definitely made me happier. I couldn't have done it in the US though. Too many girls think its "creepy" if you're not on facebook there.

I didn't delete it, I'll probably re-activate it eventually, but that site has gone downhill. I'm trying to start a movement of disengaging from social media in general. So far the movement consists of only me, the homeless guy who lives by me, and his dog. It's going to grow though. Trust me.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Matt Forney - 06-01-2014

Trust me, they're going to take his page down. It's already happening. Happened to me a couple weeks ago: Facebook unpublished my page because some feminist whiner flagged it as "hate speech." I was given a chance to appeal, which I took... resulting in my page being deleted entirely and being handed a 12-hour ban from the site. This was all after months of constant 12-hour-long suspensions (and post deletions) due to feminist complaints (including one week where I was being handed a suspension every other day).

I decided it wasn't worth it. Facebook provides a minimal benefit to me in terms of traffic but a HUGE amount of time spent in banning trolls from my page and having my posts removed by the admins. Ever since Zuckerberg started holding page owners to ransom, charging them in order for their posts to be seen by the people who Liked the page to begin with, Facebook traffic to my blog has tapered off. The only time I get significant amounts of FB traffic is when one of my articles goes viral, and I don't need a presence on the site itself for that to happen.

Really, screw Facebook. If they want to chase productive people like Leykis and myself off and cater exclusively to the narcissistic hugbox set, all power to them. Of course, they shouldn't complain when their profits fall through the floor (if they haven't already).

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Dusty - 06-01-2014

FB is a feminist and female oriented application. That Lean In bitch is (or was) one of their execs. Zuckerberg is balless and will let these shrill harridans run roughshod over him.

FB is bad for playas. If you try juggling more than one bitch, one of them is bound to ask for or find your FB account and start posting pics of you together - drama ensues. Plus you don't want your family seeing your revolving door of bitches.

Not to mention the attention whoring that FB enables. It seems to bring out the hidden manginaism and white knightism in guys too.

I'm this close to deleting my FB account. I have one primarily to stay in touch with family and some high school chums. I rarely post anything. But I think I'm through.

[Image: Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif]

Or maybe tonight I will explore all the privacy options, and tighten it down as much as I can. Then I can tell girls I don't do FB, and they won't be able to find my account though my email or whatever.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Eastside - 06-01-2014

I agree with the above posters. Facebook has seriously gone downhill. I actually permanently deleted my account recently, not because of it becoming a detriment to getting women or because of trends similar to the one posted in the OP, but because they were sharing my information with other companies and starting to become a threat to my security. This is another issue with facebook that is starting to get worse and worse.

Recently, my facebook profile picture popped up as my email account profile picture without any prompt from me or previous linkage between those two accounts. WTF? Also, it seemed like every time I looked something up on google, similar ads would pop up on facebook shortly after. These are just a couple instances of the suspicious connections that facebook is creating with other sites. Facebook has obviously resorted to pimping out and sharing everybody's info with other companies in order to turn a few bucks. That is not a site I want to have an account on or be related to in any way. This combined with other recent facebook trends was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Besides, it can also be a huge time waster and most of the people posting are just attention whores fishing for likes anyways.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Roosh - 06-01-2014

ROK is going on back-to-back 30 day suspensions. The most recent one was from a post that was over a year old.

Thing about FB is that they are actually showing less of your posts to the people who liked your page. So even with 8000 likes, about 15% of them while even see your post anyway (about 1000). It just doesn't make sense to spend so much time promoting your FB page only for that to happen. Also with the suspensions, I can't say the blog is seeing decreased hits.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Foolsgo1d - 06-01-2014

I have minimal info on FB and no pictures. I only use it to look at 3 pages I liked and that is it.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Slick Shimmer - 06-01-2014

The thing with Facebook is that it subtly puts people into little bubbles. If you openly disagree with someone on your friends list, (unless they are close) you can bet that person feels slighted, and may even unfriend you, because the only real reason regular posters post is for validation. So they whittle down all their acquaintances and build a persona that is most "likable." This mindset extends to the comment sections of most major websites now.

What this means societally is that EVERYONE believes they are right all the time. They rationalize that if they were wrong, none of their friends would parrot back the same shit. This is how all these Social Justice Warriors and irrational clowns were created...They are only truly "friends" with other, "likeminded" people who will revalidate or repost them.

Twitter mainly serves to destroy sources and turn everything into a game of "telephone." People with no ideas of their own "follow" celebrities who pay "publicists" to recycle played out jokes from paperback jokebooks. This works on dullards who have trouble breathing and chewing at the same time.
I don't have the stats in front of me, but I've seen pretty startling numbers in regards to traffic on Twitter and Facebook, something like 80% of everything that goes on is done solely by women. It isn't inherently feminist, but they are absolutely feminine structures at this point.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - soup - 06-01-2014

Good. Fuck Facebook. Easy answer is to ignore that site.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - KorbenDallas - 06-01-2014

I sense Facebook is screwed. It's better than Myspace, so, its lasted a lot longer and retained its popularity for the most part, but this age is characterized by fads. And at the end of the day, facebook is a fad. It's already bleeding users due to competition, privacy concerns, and the fact that its not weird not to have it anymore. If I had deleted my facebook in school, it would have hurt my ability to connect with people considerably, but now, not so much.

This is all happening at the same time that their net worth is sky high and the urgency to turn Facebook's users into money for their company is pressing. It's a catch-22 for Facebook though, because commercializing the website drives more users away.

I foresee impending upheaval in Facebook's future, but I'm no expert, so, don't take my opinion too seriously.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Roosh - 06-01-2014

[Image: d22jmon.jpg]

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Days of Broken Arrows - 06-01-2014

I stay on it to keep in touch with bunch of old college friends and some long-distance family members. I never post.

Once someone else figures out a better way to keep circles of old friends in touch, Facebook is screwed. Censorship is not what most people signed up for.

There needs to be a sort of "homegrown" Pirate Bay-like alternative to Facebook. The kind of place where you sign on knowing things can be offensive, but that's the breaks. Had they had this kind of policy at the outset, I bet the whiners wouldn't have whined. Let people complain and they will. Tell them they can't and they wont.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - soup - 06-01-2014

Facebook monitor: http://vimeo.com/m/38790664

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - cardguy - 06-01-2014

I love Tom Leykis.

But the dude got married and divorced 4 times?

WTF????

At least he never had any kids.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - The Father - 06-01-2014

Quote: (06-01-2014 05:44 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I love Tom Leykis.

But the dude got married and divorced 4 times?

WTF????

At least he never had any kids.

Slow learner. But he learned well.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Switch - 06-01-2014

Couldn't we just do the exact same thing and have a bunch of us report Jezebel's and other feminist websites posts saying that they are offensive to a lot of different groups etc etc and get their shit taken down too? Or would that not work because their ideas are considered more politically correct?

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - cooledcannon - 06-01-2014

Quote: (06-01-2014 08:00 PM)Switch Wrote:  

Couldn't we just do the exact same thing and have a bunch of us report Jezebel's and other feminist websites posts saying that they are offensive to a lot of different groups etc etc and get their shit taken down too? Or would that not work because their ideas are considered more politically correct?

I would think itll work if we had the numbers they do. I dont assume facebook bothers verifying the bans. Maybe the big name feminists like big name everything else will be whitelisted, but we can easily go for the smaller ones.

But the feminists, even more if you add the whiteknights and simps, outnumber us by a large margin. Not to mention they are more likely to be/go on fb in the first place. They are also far more likely to report shit(they do it as a standard because they have no lives, while we would only do it as a "raid")

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - runsonmagic - 06-01-2014

That site is unreadable now. It used to be I could find out what my friends were up to. Now I find out what buzzfeed and upworthy articles they are wasting their time on.

I've also discovered after commenting and sharing articles from other weird sites I like that no one actually reads anything they post, just the titles.

Now when I go on, I don't even see what BS articles my friends like, but what BS articles that one guy I met that one time five years ago likes.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Christian McQueen - 06-01-2014

It's been said before, but I'll say it again:

Fuck Facebook and it's constant stream of fake fuckers posting 'positive' memes (when they're negative as fuck in real life), them charging for your actual FANS to even see your post and their clear cut bias and censorship.

I don't use my personal FB, deactivated that shit a long time ago and it's been for the better.

As far as my fan page, surprised they haven't given me a ban yet due to the topless slut pictures I post.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - assman - 06-01-2014

Facebook is very leftist friendly. Many pro-2A sites have been suspended or shut down by FB.

This is common among media companies. Google Shopping will gladly let you find the lowest price on anal lube, but God forbid you want to price shop a Glock 19.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Feisbook Control - 06-01-2014

Quote: (06-01-2014 04:05 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I stay on it to keep in touch with bunch of old college friends and some long-distance family members. I never post.

Once someone else figures out a better way to keep circles of old friends in touch, Facebook is screwed. Censorship is not what most people signed up for.

There needs to be a sort of "homegrown" Pirate Bay-like alternative to Facebook. The kind of place where you sign on knowing things can be offensive, but that's the breaks. Had they had this kind of policy at the outset, I bet the whiners wouldn't have whined. Let people complain and they will. Tell them they can't and they wont.

Not going to happen. No major site is ever going to ban women because that's where the advertising revenue is. Once women join, then complaints about offensive material will naturally follow and you're back down the rabbit hole again...

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - RockHard - 06-02-2014

Quote: (06-01-2014 04:05 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

What's funny is the way people changed. There's 2 guys I have as friends who were best friends in Freshman year. Now I look at their two newsfeeds and they couldn't be further apart - west coast ultra-left liberal vs Texas corn fed right wingnut. How did these guys ever relate to each other?

Quote: (06-01-2014 11:39 PM)Feisbook Control Wrote:  

Not going to happen. No major site is ever going to ban women because that's where the advertising revenue is. Once women join, then complaints about offensive material will naturally follow and you're back down the rabbit hole again...

So true. Women are the primary consumers. They'll bitch all the time about guys being stalkerish, but what is Facebook but stalking meets Big Data?

Question on the "I don't want to see this" thing - it gives you an option to say you don't want to see it, but then you can go further and one of the options is to flag as offensive. There's been some serious bullshit going down with the UCSB fuckwit and yesallwomen nonsense and I've blocked a few posts as offensive. Does the person who shared the link see the blockage?

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Samseau - 06-02-2014

Quote: (06-01-2014 09:53 PM)assman Wrote:  

Facebook is very leftist friendly. Many pro-2A sites have been suspended or shut down by FB.

This is common among media companies. Google Shopping will gladly let you find the lowest price on anal lube, but God forbid you want to price shop a Glock 19.

I can search both of those no problem?

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - Sperminator - 06-04-2014

I permanently deleted my account a few months ago. I should have done it long before.

It's not surprising Facebook decided to censor him. Tom Leykis is a true man and remained so even when it was most unpopular.

I remember feminists going insane when Leykis was probably the only person at the time to publicly defend the Duke Lacrosse players from the false rape accusations and called for the accuser's punishment.

While her anonymity was being protected, he discovered her name and repeated it like 100 times during a show. The only reason I remember her name after all these years was because he was reading an article on air and slowly repeated “Crystal Gail Mangum” every time the article wrote “the accuser.”

He did this in many other high-profile rape and sexual assault cases as well and said either the names of the accused should also be protected or all names should be public.

Facebook Now Censoring Tom Leykis' Page - assman - 06-04-2014

Quote: (06-02-2014 12:17 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (06-01-2014 09:53 PM)assman Wrote:  

I can search both of those no problem?
Go to Google Shopping (near the top, below the search bar, next to Maps). If you search for "Glock 19" you'll get prices for various accessories, not for an actual Glock. On the other hand, if you search for anal lube (or a particular brand of said lube), you'll get prices at various vendors.