Roosh V Forum
Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread (/thread-33539.html)

Pages: 1 2

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Sourcecode - 02-26-2014

There doesn't seem to be a big put together thread for finding cheap flights around the world. Just a airline here and there.
So I figured we should make a big thread instead of a bunch of separate ones one link each.

Aggregators

Skyscanner
This is my absolute favorite for finding cheap flights.
Ive pretty much dropped websites like priceline and expedia because they just are to bulky and complicated.
You can use it for flights around the world

Hipmunk
Hipmunk is a newer one. I like the way they graph out the times of flights. I find it slightly complicated and sometimes the prices are higher than skyscanner.
I do like there deals section. Its seems focused on US flights..but it will show deals in the next couple week ranged Deals

Holiday Pirate
Isnt really an aggregator. Its a euro focused site that shows a random deals. Its kinda like a last minute deal type thing.

Groupon
For a while I thought groupon was a girl thing.like pintrest for shooping...I had only heard of women using it.
But it turns out they have lots of deals. along with having a site for multiple countries. They have lots of getaway deals. It can also be filtered by city.
I wont say they are game or independent travel focused. But some great stuff. lots of city deals.
Since it can be used as a mobile app. you can buy some stuff on the fly.
Ive bought discounts for restaurants while standing in front of the place.
Go to the Uk or Canada version and you can see all the countries at the bottom of the page
Groupon US
Groupon Thailand
Groupon UK

Airlines in Europe
Wizzair route map
Hungarian airline. Has extremely cheap flights around central europe. But also europe as a whole. they have a map that you can click around and see which city has routes to which places
Play the map right and ive found flights from Budapest to anywhere in europe as fat as dubai and tel aviv for under 300RT
Alot of RT trips are 100 dollars or less
*checked bag cost is between 20 and 40 dollars depending on the length of the trip and season

Ryan air route map
Irish airline
Also a barebones euro site. Ive booked tickets at cheap at 10 bucks on this site.
There website is clunky as fuck. They don't spend money for shit..and they try to sell you shit on the plain. (Ive always fallen asleep before they get to me though)
They have a lot of locations and cheap prices. I would just click the city I was in and fly everywhere it went. If youre lucky enough to be by one of their hubs.you can damn near go anywhere

Easyjet route map
English airline. Most of their cheapest flights come out of england/london.
They are a little more expensive but not bad at all.
I think I flew from germany to manchester for 30 dollars and then 25 dollars back from london

Norwegian air routes
I like how you can put a city in and it shows you everywhere they fly from by price and month. Really easy to use.

Their biggest hubs are Oslo,Copenhagen,Stockholm, New york and Fort lauderdale. But they fly from many europe cities
They also fly to bangkok,Russia,Israel and Dubai
This is one of my new favorite sites. They lack RT tickets for a lot of places. But their 1W are amazing
IF youre american..Just fly to FLL or NY and youre set.
Ive seen prices at low as 450 one way.
I recently booked a ticket from FLL to Warsaw for 350
Since lots of airlines fly into Oslo and stockholm really cheap..you could be smart and fly there..then by your next ticket wherever
oslo to BKK is less than 700 RT or less than 250 1W

German wings
Tuifly
Both German airlines. with Flights all a round
Not as cheap as the barebones..but ive found a couple good deals with them

Turkish airlines
iceland air
Ive never flown with either. But Ive heard they have great deals.
Ive heard iceland is a shitty airline..but they have some good deals to get to iceland

Spirit Airline
US Airline.
They really only operate in the south US and into south america
Some great deals here.Ive used them to go to the bahamas a couple times.
I live near a hub and have gotten regional tickets for as low as 40 bucks(without being a club member.)
I plan to fly into fort lauderdale just to take advantage of norwegian air's deals

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Virtus - 02-26-2014

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

https://www.norwegian.com/long_us/

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - MdWanderer - 02-26-2014

For all military out there you can either check out space A flights (here's the lowdown)

http://m.militaryonesource.mil/mwr?content_id=268596

Or try calling the airline directly and ask for a military discount (they don't advertise them on the websites). Got an awesome seattle -new orleans-baltimore-seattle multicity flight for $625 from Southwest (cheapest online was at 800).

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - rottenapple - 02-27-2014

Excellent post!

I would like to add: http://www.drungli.com

Basically you put in the city you want to fly from in Europe and a date or a month you want to fly. It gives you all your low cost options in the region and you can add filters like 'flying to the sun' or 'cultural visit', ... Plenty of flights under 50 euro will show up, at times also cool deals like flying to Teheran for 100 euro one way, Morocco for 40 euro, etc.

Basically its good shit!

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - MidniteSpecial - 02-27-2014

A nice fly hack is to open southwest credit cards. You can open up a regular and a business one and get at least two free round trip flights in miles as a bonus for signing up. Just don't over use said credit cards and go into debt though.

https://creditcards.chase.com/southwest

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Touchmybanana - 10-31-2016

I just saw this. 350$ Dallas - bogota round-trip. Expires 30th Oct. Some of you might need it.

http://www.theflightdeal.com/2016/10/30/...z4OcOPcf00

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Touchmybanana - 10-31-2016

Flight Deals: U. S. to Italy from $413 RT & U. S. to Phillipines for $174 Roundtrip
http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/20...ight-deal/

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - bumborass - 10-31-2016

anyone use Hopper?

it's an app on the iphone & android (iphone user so not 100% sure)

it's a flight deal tracker, will tell you when they predict flights to-from certain locations to be the cheapest

for ex, I'm looking to go from Melbourne to BKK on the 12th of Feb, it'll send me notifications like "the cheapest flight price just went up to 499, we predict that these prices will drop again, continue to wait" or "your flight just went down to 169, this is the cheapest we predict that it will get, book now"

awesome app tbh

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - griften - 10-31-2016

http://www.momondo.com/

This site has found me the cheapest flights consistently. I found a US to Europe flight for $300 one way. Granted it was Norwegian so no food/no blanket/no pillow and center bitchseat the whole way... but who cares it was $300.

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - polymath - 11-01-2016

http://www.theflightdeal.com

These folks have a newsletter that sends out daily deals. If you live in NYC or another big city with tons of air traffic, you're bound to see several deals a week....and all you have to do is check your inbox.

It's a good method for opportunists like me. I don't much care where I'm going, as long as the airfare is cheaper than usual and someone is grumpily stamping my passport. I also use Skiplagged and Google Flights to find underpriced routes, combined with Kayak to zero in on an actual itinerary.

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Assipier - 11-01-2016

Quote: (10-31-2016 10:39 PM)bumborass Wrote:  

anyone use Hopper?

it's an app on the iphone & android (iphone user so not 100% sure)

it's a flight deal tracker, will tell you when they predict flights to-from certain locations to be the cheapest

for ex, I'm looking to go from Melbourne to BKK on the 12th of Feb, it'll send me notifications like "the cheapest flight price just went up to 499, we predict that these prices will drop again, continue to wait" or "your flight just went down to 169, this is the cheapest we predict that it will get, book now"

awesome app tbh

I do, but make sure to search for the exact same flight at momondo.com (or .be .de .nl , can make a minor difference). It will probably always be a little bit cheaper.

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Assipier - 11-01-2016

(double post)

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Araveug - 07-12-2017

Came across an interesting idea with the norwegian air website. Was booking round trip for a family of 4 to europe from the US website. I switched over to the norway site and the fares they gave me there were about 15% ($320) lower. This was a few months ago, so they may have closed this gap, and it would be dependent on currency exchange, to a degree, it seems. I will be curious to try with other euro carriers as the need arises.

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - rottenapple - 07-12-2017

For those in Latin America, especially between capital cities the cheapest option will almost always be Wingo, but their routes are still fairly limited. After Wingo in Colombia also check VivaColombia. If you carry a lot of luggage, then Avianca.

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - ProGambler - 07-12-2017

Secretflying.com is a must

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Rossi - 07-12-2017

skiplagged

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Hypno - 07-13-2017

Scott's cheap Flights is a free and pay service that alerts you to unusally good deals. You sign up and they send you free emails whenever there is a good deal. The free service sends you some of the deals, the pay service sends you all of them. Sign up for free to see if it makes sense. The deals they find vary and the origination city can be random. But the deals are excellent. $400 to Europe, sometimes low $300s.

Also, if you want departures from Atlanta or sometimes Birmingham, Chattanooga, or CLT, Clark Howard (local consumer finance guru) has a free travel email alert.

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - LoveBug - 03-06-2019

I’m surprised this topic isn’t 300+ pages long.

This is a chief concern for many.

Hopefully we can get some new and continuous ideas

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - asianirish1 - 03-06-2019

Has anyone ever used the cheap business class services?

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Savonarola - 03-06-2019

Quote: (07-13-2017 07:31 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Scott's cheap Flights is a free and pay service that alerts you to unusally good deals. You sign up and they send you free emails whenever there is a good deal. The free service sends you some of the deals, the pay service sends you all of them.

Seconded. Scott's Cheap Flights is a godsend. Sign up for the premium, it's only $5 a month, but if you travel a lot or even just once in a while, it'll save you hundreds.

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - LoveBug - 03-06-2019

Just signed up

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - SandersV - 03-06-2019

Quote: (03-06-2019 10:10 AM)asianirish1 Wrote:  

Has anyone ever used the cheap business class services?

I tried one and it was a massive waste of my time. I did better than he did with Google Flights.

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - jcrew247 - 04-15-2019

Quote: (07-12-2017 02:47 PM)Araveug Wrote:  

Came across an interesting idea with the norwegian air website. Was booking round trip for a family of 4 to europe from the US website. I switched over to the norway site and the fares they gave me there were about 15% ($320) lower. This was a few months ago, so they may have closed this gap, and it would be dependent on currency exchange, to a degree, it seems. I will be curious to try with other euro carriers as the need arises.

Norwegian is annoying because you think you are getting a good deal, but then they add on all the extra costs of luggage and meals,etc and it ends up being the same price as other airlines.

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - Tail Gunner - 04-15-2019

Quote: (04-15-2019 08:40 PM)jcrew247 Wrote:  

Quote: (07-12-2017 02:47 PM)Araveug Wrote:  

Norwegian is annoying because you think you are getting a good deal, but then they add on all the extra costs of luggage and meals,etc and it ends up being the same price as other airlines.

There is WAY too much complaining about this issue. Spirit airlines is the same way. Sure, if you want to pay for a carry-on bag, a checked bag, and want to select your own seat, you will pay nearly as much as a regular carrier. But if you choose to travel with just a personal item (which can be as large as a medium-sized backpack) and do not care about your seat assignment, then you can save loads of money.

So, why complain about having MORE choices when flying, rather than less choice? Just educate yourself and be aware of the costs before you make a reservation. The same people who complain about low-budget airlines are the same ignoramuses who do loads of other stupid stuff in life, refuse to take responsibility for their own actions, and then blame other people.

Quote:Quote:

Make sure you know how to read

This was the part of the Spirit experience that surprised me the most. There are many things you can accuse Spirit of — not being transparent isn’t one of them. They are transparent to the point that the booking process is a PITA. They ask you about a hundred times if you’re sure you don’t want to pay for a bag, if you’re sure you’re good with your selection, if you’re sure you understand what you’re getting yourself into.

Yet overhearing the people at the gate, I was blown away by the amount of aggression and anger directed at Spirit. “Can you believe how much they charged me for a bag? How was I supposed to know I had to book it in advance.” Like, um, Spirit couldn’t be more transparent.

So be sure you know what you’re getting yourself into… please. If you pay $100 to check your bag on Spirit, you have only yourself to blame.

https://onemileatatime.com/spirit-airlines-tips/

Cheap Airfare and Deals Thread - thackerybinx - 04-16-2019

Quote: (04-15-2019 10:21 PM)Tail Gunner Wrote:  

[quote] (04-15-2019 08:40 PM)jcrew247 Wrote:  

(07-12-2017, 07:47 PM)Araveug Wrote:  Came across an interesting idea with the norwegian air website. Was booking round trip for a family of 4 to europe from the US website. I switched over to the norway site and the fares they gave me there were about 15% ($320) lower. This was a few months ago, so they may have closed this gap, and it would be dependent on currency exchange, to a degree, it seems. I will be curious to try with other euro carriers as the need arises.

There is WAY too much complaining about this issue. Spirit airlines is the same way. Sure, if you want to pay for a carry-on bag, a checked bag, and want to select your own seat, you will pay nearly as much as a regular carrier. But if you choose to travel with just a personal item (which can be as large as a medium-sized backpack) and do not care about your seat assignment, then you can save loads of money.

So, why complain about having MORE choices when flying, rather than less choice? Just educate yourself and be aware of the costs before you make a reservation. The same people who complain about low-budget airlines are the same ignoramuses who do loads of other stupid stuff in life, refuse to take responsibility for their own actions, and then blame other people.

[quote]

This.. you have to choose what's important for you. Comfort? Amenities? Im a bigger guy but I love flying southwest.