Roosh V Forum
Bangs from couchsurfing. - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Bangs from couchsurfing. (/thread-3324.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Bangs from couchsurfing. - Summa - 07-27-2017

Quote: (07-27-2017 04:05 AM)Icarus Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2017 03:55 AM)Summa Wrote:  

I can't access it.

Use the search bar: Find Travelers @ New York, NY, USA.

I did. Then I hit refresh.

I get different permutations of 0, 22, and 120 total results.

http://imgur.com/a/83UHE

Bangs from couchsurfing. - Icarus - 07-27-2017

Quote: (07-27-2017 04:07 AM)Summa Wrote:  

Gotta keep refreshing the page till CS produces sane results.

Quote: (07-27-2017 04:14 AM)Icarus Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2017 04:07 AM)Summa Wrote:  

Gotta keep refreshing the page till CS produces sane results.

Can I PM you my profile? Maybe it has to do with 0 friends and 0 refrences.

Quote: (07-27-2017 04:19 AM)Summa Wrote:  

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the website has been very unreliable this week.

Of what use would PM'ing your profile be?

Quote: (07-27-2017 05:18 AM)Icarus Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2017 04:19 AM)Summa Wrote:  

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the website has been very unreliable this week.

Of what use would PM'ing your profile be?

I thought it might had to do with an algo accounting for 0 references, 0 friends etc

Quote: (07-27-2017 05:30 AM)Summa Wrote:  

I thought it might had to do with an algo accounting for 0 references, 0 friends etc

Go to a few meetings and get a few references.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - CJM - 07-27-2017

Quote: (07-27-2017 01:07 AM)Summa Wrote:  

Quote: (07-26-2017 02:41 PM)CJM Wrote:  

Quote: (07-26-2017 12:17 PM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

l really don't get requests from cute solo girls. Only uglies/oldies/fatties, couples, dudes, etc.
I'll try adding a photo with other people/girls.

You need to reach out to them.

How do you reach out to them? There are like only "22 people looking for a place to stay in NYC."

Do you mean pick a country and try and ask them to come to NYC?

I find it hard to believe there's only 22. There's double that coming to Ottawa, Canada of all places. Just search travellers coming to NYC (filter by gender, and message people). I have better luck just asking to meet up/show them around/go for drinks.

Just searched. There's 1372 travellers coming to NYC as of right now.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - CJM - 07-27-2017

Quote: (07-27-2017 03:55 AM)Summa Wrote:  

And I see your number of 1359:

http://imgur.com/a/r2LAB

But as soon as I click through. I can't access it.

Hmm, actually I remember having this issue. Are you verified? Maybe you also need your first reference to view them all.

Just pick one of the 22, offer to show them for drinks. Who cares who they are, just get the reference out of it. Having even 1-2 refs makes all the difference. No girl will ask you to host her with zero references.

My first one I messaged a girl who was travelling with another female friend. Gave them a friendly and personalized message and they were down right away. Literally had my choice between the two after two hours at the bar. Hooked up with the friend and her and I actually ended up becoming very close. I get like an 80% response rate with hot girls now that I have a few good female references stating that I'm a normal, nice, fun guy.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - n0000 - 07-28-2017

The CS search has some strange idiosyncrasies. If you don't have friends it will not work all that well. Add a few random people as friends and it should be fine. Remember fellows that hosting guys can be rewarding as well and is in the CS spirit. Guys are definitely more reliable, more grateful and will hook you up if you ever visit them. 90% of the flakiness is from females. Just make sure you host cool guys and not weirdos.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - EndsExpect - 07-29-2017

Quote: (07-28-2017 05:31 AM)n0000 Wrote:  

The CS search has some strange idiosyncrasies. If you don't have friends it will not work all that well. Add a few random people as friends and it should be fine. Remember fellows that hosting guys can be rewarding as well and is in the CS spirit. Guys are definitely more reliable, more grateful and will hook you up if you ever visit them. 90% of the flakiness is from females. Just make sure you host cool guys and not weirdos.

I hosted a guy from NYC. We hit the bars, winged for each other... we both did very good. I think it's completely worthwhile to host men.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - Ouroboros - 07-30-2017

For this to work reliably and consistently, do you need to have a spare room, or will girls agree to literally sleep on your couch if you just have a one-bedroom apartment?

Quote: (07-26-2017 03:27 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

Quote: (07-26-2017 12:17 PM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

l really don't get requests from cute solo girls. Only uglies/oldies/fatties, couples, dudes, etc.

How many references do you have?

Do you have any negative references?

I started to get a lot more requests from cute solo girls once I crossed the 50 positive reference barrier. How did I get there? By hosting dudes, couples, a few fatties, etc. One's gotta pay one's dues, unfortunately. The ones who are willing to suffer a bit to accumulate references will have more options later on.

Did all those 50 positive references come from hosting people or did some/most come from meeting people at couchsurfing events?

Bangs from couchsurfing. - Icarus - 07-30-2017

Quote: (07-30-2017 03:11 AM)Ouroboros Wrote:  

For this to work reliably and consistently, do you need to have a spare room, or will girls agree to literally sleep on your couch if you just have a one-bedroom apartment?

I bought a queen-sized airbed, put it in the living room, and CS guests slept there.

Quote: (07-30-2017 03:19 AM)Ouroboros Wrote:  

Did all those 50 positive references come from hosting people or did some/most come from meeting people at couchsurfing events?

Mostly from hosting.

Quote: (07-30-2017 03:41 AM)Icarus Wrote:  

Mostly from hosting.

You really did pay your dues then, impressive stuff.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - churros - 07-30-2017

Anyone notice a difference if you "prefer" to host females? Always figured that would figure negatively (if my female only references didn't give it away).

Opened my old account because of this thread. Blast from the past. I'm in a major city now, so I got ten messages yesterday. Most from dudes though, which made me change the settings...

Bangs from couchsurfing. - Shimmy - 07-30-2017

I used to think that but do you really want to not steer girls away if they are not going to meet you because they think you're having sex with a bunch of women on CS? If a girl is ok with that she's definitely who I would want to be hosting.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - invictusiii - 07-31-2017

I have my profile set to "prefer females" and I still get a lot of dudes requesting. I haven't hosted a dude in years. I still get the occasional shit test from chicks asking why I only host chicks. Lol.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - Icarus - 07-31-2017

Quote: (07-31-2017 03:34 AM)invictusiii Wrote:  

I have my profile set to "prefer females" and I still get a lot of dudes requesting.

Far too many people don't really read profiles, especially dudes.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - n0000 - 07-31-2017

I have my profile set to "prefer females" and I still get a lot of dudes requesting. I haven't hosted a dude in years. I still get the occasional shit test from chicks asking why I only host chicks. Lol.

How do you respond? Do they buy it or act snooty?

Bangs from couchsurfing. - CJM - 08-01-2017

Two points:

1. Most dudes check that never, so that's why dudes are still requesting.

2. The girls I've met off CS (and hooked up with) say that if they see that on a dude's profile, there's zero chance they're staying with him because it screams of thirst. Yeah you'll hit the odd one, but you're damaging yourself here.

Long story short, change it to any. Setting to prefer females will only do bad things for you. How hard is it to just respond to the dudes and say no?

Bangs from couchsurfing. - CJM - 08-01-2017

^ On the same note, I've never hosted a dude, not once. And yes, girls notice that. Deflect the shit test and just say "well the dudes who request are never cool" etc.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - churros - 08-01-2017

After one day of "preferring" females, my female requests dropped away almost completely. So I'm inclined to agree.

The dudes, it seems, will message anyway. Don't these chodes know any better?

Bangs from couchsurfing. - Icarus - 08-01-2017

Quote: (08-01-2017 10:17 AM)churros Wrote:  

"Spray and pray" is their motto. They fire dozens (if not hundreds) of copy+paste requests and hope one will hit something. They have no time to read profiles.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - n0000 - 08-01-2017

Quote: (08-01-2017 11:35 AM)Icarus Wrote:  

Quote: (08-01-2017 10:17 AM)churros Wrote:  

"Spray and pray" is their motto. They fire dozens (if not hundreds) of copy+paste requests and hope one will hit something. They have no time to read profiles.

That really depends on your city. In places like NYC you might have to send 50 requests to get something solid. There is no possibility of reading 50+ profiles and crafting a personalized message to each of those people. Again I would like to reiterate I have had some really great experiencing hosting guys and have made contacts in many major cities all over the world. When I travel I can stay for free with someone I know I get along with. Take care of your bros and they take care of you.

Bangs from couchsurfing. - churros - 08-01-2017

^Fair point. I met some good dudes from CS in my twenties, but it seems weirder to me now.