Roosh V Forum
Travel question for everyone - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Travel question for everyone (/thread-3237.html)

Pages: 1 2

Travel question for everyone - Roosh - 12-18-2010

When you're thinking of going into a country, what information is most important to you besides what you can find in a regular travel guide like Lonely Planet?

I know the travel forum helps you pick which countries to go to, but once you book the flight, what information do you want to know?

I'm asking this so while I'm traveling to iceland or wherever, I can be more aware of the things that my readers want.

Travel question for everyone - Chaz - 12-18-2010

Well, of course, keep coming strong as always with anything and everything related to women, game, culture/cultural insights, etc!!

Oh, I'm kind of a foodie, so food and drinks info is always interesting, too.

Travel question for everyone - Duke Castile - 12-18-2010

I think it's cool when guys post photos of the places they were. It makes it feel more organic. I never take photos myself because I don't like the break in the flow of action but, some people don't mind it. I'm gonna try and be better about it.

Travel question for everyone - clr - 12-18-2010

i have found most travel guides focus on older people and mostly cultural things, so if I want info on that, I go there.

I look for other things like, good club/bar areas, local customs and what not related to women and younger ish people like myself (33)

Cool/fun things to do, not just building watching. Unique things to that local city/country that I can do, see, eat.

Travel question for everyone - Celtic - 12-18-2010

I think one thing that would be useful is more information on internet game. For those of with corporate jobs, our vacation time is limited and it helps us if we can arrive in the country with some prospects lined up to make the most of our time. We could use information such as which websites are the best, and what strategy is best for getting women on those websites out to a date.

The big things, however, are the basics- where to meet women, the best strategy for gaming them, the best places to take them on a date, and what places work the best as a place to bring her back home to.

Travel question for everyone - truedat - 12-18-2010

Got to know how to hit the ground running. For each country this is very specific. Take Iceland for example. These people party like fucking animals until 6 or 7 AM, but only Thur-Sat, so you need to plan accordingly with other stuff to do during the week.

My observations from 2 visits:

1) The chicks arent quite as hot as I thought they would be, most are 6-7's with a few 9's sprinkled sparingly. The nightlife centers around a 7-8 block strip with a little action one block on each side. (Laugavegur Street)

2) Going out is a big deal and people wear their best cloths for the most part (think Karl the coke lover of Medellin nightlife style). Basically its a giant fashion show in the street with expensive alcohol raining from the sky. You will see some fights in the streets and in the clubs which I found very entertaining. Rem, they used to be Vikings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XYdjDXTaY&NR=1

3) Renting a car is a must IMO, but with expensive gas plan on paying about $150 a day for a shitbox economy car. Its worth it to be able to go see some sights and make last minute decision to visit the blue lagoon etc. especially if you can split the cost with your crew. Americans can drive without restriction, but be advised DUI's start at .05 and will have you crying home to mommy for 3K to pay fines to get you out of the country if you get locked up. I recommend Hertz.

https://www.hertz.is/

P.S. I drove like a drunk manic and loved every minute I red lined that piece of shit Toyota and the smell of burnt oil after I parked it [Image: smile.gif] Be advised that when we dropped off the car on my last visit in June they inspected it like it was a fucking Picasso.

4) Here the chicks hate foreigners hitting on them on Fb or Myspace etc. You should try their local dating site if you want to see about warming some local girls up ahead of time:

http://www.einkamal.is/

5) Best Hot Dog Stand at 4AM in the world (pylsur)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A6jarins_Beztu_Pylsur

6) Local English Newspaper for hipsters with bands schedules etc.
http://www.grapevine.is/Home/

7) Local geothermal pools to heal hangovers and for something to do:
http://www.visitreykjavik.is/desktopdefa...2_view-51/

8) A nice drive (in the summer )
http://www.nat.is/travelguideeng/olafsvik.htm

9) Best hotel in Reykjavik if you have a car (2-3 miles form the center of it all). Has the only 5 start restaurant in Iceland (The Vox) and a Bistro including the most bad ass display of food in the morning I have ever seen with about 25 different types of fresh baked bread and everything else under the sun (try the Skyir). Recommended you eat there even if you arent staying there. Opens at 4:30 AM, about perfect after unholy amounts of alcohol have been ingested. Get a room facing the ocean, the sunrise over Mt. Esja is out of this world.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/KE...a/index.do

10) Reykjavik has about 180K people only and it seems like everyone know everyone. The locals are cool (if u r cool) and about half the people like mixing it up with foreigners.

I am sure that about 10 years ago this place was a pussy paradise but after playboys from around the world found it the locals became immune to most international game play, at least in the capitol.

Bottom line is that its a fucking blast but without the Stockholm/Oslo quality of hotness. You will have fun, but its doubtful you will be fucking a blonde Norwegian pussy princess with pink areolas. This is the type of info I wish I had before I went.

Travel question for everyone - cellblock4 - 12-18-2010

Obviously places related to women and where/how to game them. Whether or not english is prevalent. Nice lounges and bars. I'm not huge into the club scene. Mid range hotels that are close to the action and have good bars themselves. Seems like hotel bars are hot thesedays. Local customs and things to watch out for. Cool things to do for example, if you go to Playa Del Carmen in Mexico, you have cave systems with underground rivers systems to explore, etc. Hikes, daytrips, active stuff, etc. I don't care much about cultural stuff/art, but things like physical structures (pyramids, the coliseum, ruins, etc.) are pretty cool to see.

A cool set of travel guides I found that is geared more towards young professionals is called Hedonist Guides. http://www.hg2.com. You might want to check one out just for reference as they are definitely NOT going for the lonely planet theme. The guides can be a bit yuppie, but I used it for Stockholm and found it very useful. They definitely target the high end stuff so I didn't follow all the recommendations, the but found they touched upon the right amount of history/culture (so you can "check the box") and then concentrated on where to drink, eat, party, and sleep. They pretty much hit the basics that a young, trendy person with disposable income would want to know (lots of colorful pics) except for the game part. What these guides lacked IMO is where the true locals go in the city and what nights people went out. I at least like to hang out, have a drink, and strike up a conversation with a local. Regardless of the women there, it's also nice to soak up a bit of how people live elsewhere.

Travel question for everyone - rudebwoy - 12-18-2010

Truedat, great post man. I am debating going there but your info has got me second guessing. Hitting up girls online is kinda of weak in general, I find that alot of girls tend to flake once you get there.
Is it worth checking out?
Or should I continue to Stockholm/Oslo! I have done Sweden 3x and simply love it.

Travel question for everyone - Roosh - 12-18-2010

truedate: great info. I gotta find the iceland thread to paste that into.

I'm flirting with the idea of writing a Bang guide for every country I go to, using Bang Colombia as a template. It's a shit ton of work, so I'm thinking of at least doing mini-guides with the essential data.

Travel question for everyone - truedat - 12-18-2010

Quote: (12-18-2010 08:18 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Truedat, great post man. I am debating going there but your info has got me second guessing. Hitting up girls online is kinda of weak in general, I find that alot of girls tend to flake once you get there.
Is it worth checking out?
Or should I continue to Stockholm/Oslo! I have done Sweden 3x and simply love it.

Definitely go, but only for the weekend (unless you are doing serious research like Roosh [Image: smile.gif]. Iceland Air fly's from 6-7 US cities and to tons of EU cities including Oslo/Stockholm. I advise a Friday-Monday stopover on the way to Scandinavia or EU.

http://icelandair.com/

Thanks man, they actually fly from my Canadian city. I was thinking of a Thurs - Mon move and will probably save Europe for later in the year.

Travel question for everyone - MysticTraveler - 12-18-2010

Info on short-term living (3-4 months).

In answer to Roosh's question. How is the crime in x country/city? What type of crime?

For example pick-pockets in Rome. Violent crimes like Kidnapping. Personally I hate to be in a bar and a fight breaks out, I have been in a bar twice and girls started fighting. Bottles were flying like crazy, this is a very British thing.

My next question would be level of cockblockers?

How Americanized is the place? Some call it the Starbucks factor or the Mcdonalds factor. I don't want to see that crap when I travel.

Travel question for everyone - OGNorCal707 - 12-19-2010

How about cool, amazing, beautiful places to visit. Yes, I know girls and game are your niche, but it's nice to do some other shit too right? (i.e. hiking, hot springs, waterfalls, lakes, rivers, beaches etc.), I'm not just talking about Iceland, but any where we as a forum travel for that matter.

Travel question for everyone - familydude - 12-19-2010

1) Good day game locations :
-- busy city-center with a walking street?
-- busy and accessible parks?
-- good ratios in all of these
2) Is there a "bar strip"? (this can be good or bad)
-- An area where most of the nightlife is gathered
-- Otherwise, need to develop a plan of attack to optimize time
3) Your raw cold approach datasheet : # of approach VS # of lays. No "chance of getting laid" index.
4) State the number of days you stayed there.

Travel question for everyone - MysticTraveler - 12-19-2010

1. Clubs of all kind (High end clubs, bars and lounges and on the other side of the spectrum places you go just to get cheap beer).
2. Swingers clubs.
3. Strip clubs (though they are not my thing but some guys might like it or want to game the strippers)
4. Crappy tourist traps that one should stay away from such as the clubs in the Ramblas area in Barcelona.
5. Type of music played in the clubs (I like to listen to hip hop but the music just doesn't work for me when I am in a club).

Travel question for everyone - gringoed - 12-19-2010

Well besides the obvious stuff I'd say:

-Good places to chill during the day with wifi like coffeeshops
-Tips on getting an apartment
-Adventure activities
-Good gyms that don't need a contract
-Non-expensive eateries that don't kill you with carbs

Travel question for everyone - rudebwoy - 12-19-2010

Quote: (12-19-2010 08:18 AM)gringoed Wrote:  

Well besides the obvious stuff I'd say:

-Good places to chill during the day with wifi like coffeeshops
-Tips on getting an apartment
-Adventure activities
-Good gyms that don't need a contract
-Non-expensive eateries that don't kill you with carbs

Good gyms is a great one. I had a nice experience at a gym in Olso, after out workout we went into the steam room and sauna.
I got a bit of a pleasant surprise, there were unisex.

Another question would be secret spots that locals go too?

Travel question for everyone - bigbootyluvr - 12-19-2010

Quote: (12-18-2010 04:11 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

When you're thinking of going into a country, what information is most important to you besides what you can find in a regular travel guide like Lonely Planet?

I know the travel forum helps you pick which countries to go to, but once you book the flight, what information do you want to know?

I'm asking this so while I'm traveling to iceland or wherever, I can be more aware of the things that my readers want.

I would like more insight on the local women and how they behave, the cultural differences, their schemes, etc. For example, before my first initial trips to medellin I could have used more inside information on hwo the women behave, how to flake on THEM, and how to play them. I will say they were a bit of a puzzle at first, and very frustrating. Now i play them like a fiddle.

All that said, I think a guide book WITH a forum with current info on it (mabye a sub forum on here) would be excellent.

btw, do you want a wingman for Iceland???

Travel question for everyone - Luckystar - 12-19-2010

I haven't thought this advice through fully, but how about finding a set(s) of girls and interviewing them to get their views of guys (foreign and domestic), game, mens fashion, conceptions of love,sex and life. Sometimes its good to get the straight goods. It could be very insightful. Prove or disprove some of the forum's perceptions.

You could integrate this info with your own experience, data sheets, etc.

Travel question for everyone - oldnemesis - 12-20-2010

Quote: (12-18-2010 04:11 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

A country-specific forum. Sometime there is even a city-specific forum.

I never read Lonely Planet in my life, is it really that useful?

Travel question for everyone - Jalouse - 12-20-2010

Info for people who want to stay a month or two is really useful especially as this is the kind of stuff that travel books don't cover.

Travel question for everyone - BrDr - 12-20-2010

1. AFFORABLE short term apartments, obviously centrally located
2. Gyms
3. Off the beaten path lounges. clubs

Travel question for everyone - Mrs. Chocolate - 12-20-2010

Where to eat, (when you eat you get to know the others' culture)
Sight seeing, (anonymous or famous places) - because I wouldn't run after men the entire travel.
Local Night life
How to meet local and how they behave.

Travel question for everyone - Roosh - 12-21-2010

Thanks everyone. I got a lot of good data.