Roosh V Forum
Waistcoat (Vest) Game - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Waistcoat (Vest) Game (/thread-31264.html)

Waistcoat (Vest) Game - blkgatsby - 12-17-2013

Personally I despise wearing a full blown suit, and I'm trying to think of outfits that clearly demonstrate HV without me having to go as formal or tedious as a suit. So something like this:

[Image: 3rdApril.jpg]
[Image: Fashion-blazer-for-men-v-neck-suit-vest-...stcoat.jpg]

Besides in crowded ass nightclubs a suit just makes you sweaty. Ick.
Thoughts guys?

Waistcoat (Vest) Game - renotime - 12-17-2013

A vest on its own makes you look like a waiter.

Waistcoat (Vest) Game - johnwu - 12-17-2013

I might mistake you for my waiter. Go with the suit.

Waistcoat (Vest) Game - RexImperator - 12-17-2013

Hey they are definitely "in" with hipsters. Add a pork pie hat and you're good to go.

Waistcoat (Vest) Game - LeBeau - 01-27-2014

It's often difficult to make most vests look good and not seem out of place.

Obviously variations like a sweater vest can be easier to dress up/down.

And in terms of vest with a 3 piece suit, overkill in most places you'd find yourself gaming.

Regular suit or my preference, suit without tie, collar open, and pocket square.

If you're trying to dress up a look without full suit or getting too hot/sweaty, I'd say your time is better in invested in researching diff. fabrics and colour combos of shirts and blazers/sportcoats.

Then you can adapt to different climates on the fly, compared to someone putting on/taking off a vest midway through an evening.

Waistcoat (Vest) Game - Thomas the Rhymer - 01-27-2014

Because it's so damn hot down in South Africa (it's summer down here), I experimented with wearing a waistcoat instead of the full on suit.

I've had good reactions to it and people generally treat me better with it than without it, so it works well for me.

I think as with any style issue, the only way to figure out if it works for you is to be brave enough to try it for a month and see what people's reactions are. I think for some people if they wear a waistcoat they will turn people off, but other people can rock it.

I think a lot also depends on how you carry yourself with the waistcoat on. If you act like a waiter, then yes people will treat you like a waiter. I have not had this problem, if anything people treat me better and with more respect.

You really won't know how a waistcoat works for you until you try it.

Waistcoat (Vest) Game - funkyzeit - 01-27-2014

Don't wear ordinary black vest like a waiter, go with a brown leather vest or something like that.

[Image: nwt-men-s-slim-fit-vest-jacket-stylish-d...t-a61e.jpg]

Waistcoat (Vest) Game - AntiTrace - 01-27-2014

Quote: (01-27-2014 02:28 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

I think a lot also depends on how you carry yourself with the waistcoat on. If you act like a waiter, then yes people will treat you like a waiter. I have not had this problem, if anything people treat me better and with more respect.

Exactly.

If people are confusing you for a waiter, your doing it wrong. Your sense of style is too basic and you are probably acting more reserved.

I rock a vest a lot when I wear a suit because I like to take the suit jacket off and think just a tie and dress shirt looks lame.

Stylish haircut (I fauxhawk), slim fit purple dress shirt, slim tie loosened up, with a grey vest, yellow square with purple dots/fill design, few days of unshaven stubble = pimp look.

Only people that will say you look like a waiter are punk haters trying to passively aggressively disrespect you. Just tell them "your welcome" and then smile at their chick.