Roosh V Forum
What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? (/thread-30262.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - 2Wycked - 11-20-2013

[Image: Thanksgiving-1024-09.jpg]

Yes, this is a thread mostly for the Americans.

Do you have any big plans? Visiting family, family visiting you?

Personally, I plan on getting drunk as the fuck the night before, then sitting my ass on the couch all day watching NFL, curing my hangover with ACV and coconut water.

What about you?

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Drazen - 11-20-2013

Yeah, that Wednesday night is one of the biggest nights for partying for the year as college kids fly home and "party it up" with their high school friends.

I'll be flying back that night to visit family. I usually cook a side dish or two the next day, we'll have about 20 people over for Thanksgiving Dinner and the rest of the weekend will be spent going out, meeting up with old friends and just hanging out, dining, family time, etc.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - T and A Man - 11-20-2013

Rape.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - MidWest - 11-20-2013

Turkey and spend time with the family.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - InternationPlayboy - 11-20-2013

Wed. my roommates are having a big thanksgiving party. I'm hoping I don't work that night. Thursday I'll be spending time with family, given I don't work that night. May work both though. I start my new job Monday and don't have my schedule yet and I'm at the bottom of the totom poll (but probably at the top of the bottom of the guys who just started since I was referred by a friend who started there when they opened. Plus I kick ass at my job and am multi lingual at a place where it's needed and more than likely am the only one who is so).

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Cincinnatus - 11-20-2013

My parents are divorced, my dad is estranged from his family, and my brother is stationed thousands of miles from home, so it'll be another year of my dad and I stuffing our faces with good food and screaming at grown men running around pigskin.

NFL schedule for Thanksgiving...

Packers vs. Lions @ 12:30

Raiders vs. Cowboys @ 4:30

Steelers vs. Ravens @ 8:30

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Aliblahba - 11-20-2013

I do all the cooking and the women folk act as support personnel. So, cooking and drinking, with family. If anyone needs anyone recipe ideas from the South let me know. We keep it simple for the holidays.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - NY Digital - 11-20-2013

Quote: (11-20-2013 10:52 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I do all the cooking and the women folk act as support personnel. So, cooking and drinking, with family. If anyone needs anyone recipe ideas from the South let me know. We keep it simple for the holidays.

Can you give us a recipe for some good fried chicken?

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Farmageddon - 11-20-2013

I give you my word this will be the best fried chicken you have ever tasted in your life.

Nothing on earth touches Ad Hoc's Buttermilk Fried chicken. The secret is to brine the chicken beforehand.

Ingredients

Two 2 1/2- to 3-pound chickens
Chicken Brine, cold (recipe follows)
For Dredging and Frying:
Peanut or canola oil for deep-frying
1 quart buttermilk
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coating:
6 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup onion powder
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Ground fleur de sel or fine sea salt
Rosemary and thyme sprigs for garnish
5 lemons, halved
12 bay leaves
1 bunch (4 ounces) flat-leaf parsley
1 bunch (1 ounce) thyme
1/2 cup clover honey
1 head garlic, halved through the equator
1/4 cup black peppercorns
2 cups (10 ounces) Diamond Crystal kosher salt
2 gallons water

Procedures

1. Cut each chicken into 10 pieces: 2 legs, 2 thighs, 4 breast quarters, and 2 wings. Pour the brine into a container large enough to hold the chicken pieces, add in the chicken, and refrigerate for 12 hours (no longer, or the chicken may become too salty).

2. Remove the chicken from the brine (discard the brine) and rinse under cold water, removing any herbs or spices sticking to the skin. Pat dry with paper towels, or let air-dry. Let rest at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours, or until it comes to room temperature.

3. If you have two large pots (about 6 inches deep) and a lot of oil, you can cook the dark and white meat at the same time; if not, cook the dark meat first, then turn up the heat and cook the white meat. No matter what size pot you have, the oil should not come more than one-third of the way up the sides of the pot. Fill the pot with at least 2 inches of peanut oil and heat to 320°F. Set a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper.

4. Meanwhile, combine all the coating ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer half the coating to a second large bowl. Pour the buttermilk into a third bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set up a dipping station: the chicken pieces, one bowl of coating, the bowl of buttermilk, the second bowl of coating, and the parchment-lined baking sheet.

5. Just before frying, dip the chicken thighs into the first bowl of coating, turning to coat and patting off the excess; dip them into the buttermilk, allowing the excess to run back into the bowl; then dip them into the second bowl of coating. Transfer to the parchment-lined pan.

6. Carefully lower the thighs into the hot oil. Adjust the heat as necessary to return the oil to the proper temperature. Fry for 2 minutes, then carefully move the chicken pieces around in the oil and continue to fry, monitoring the oil temperature and turning the pieces as necessary for even cooking, for 11 to 12 minutes, until the chicken is a deep golden brown, cooked through, and very crisp. Meanwhile, coat the chicken drumsticks and transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet.

7. Transfer the cooked thighs to the cooling rack skin-side-up and let rest while you fry the remaining chicken. (Putting the pieces skin-side-up will allow excess fat to drain, whereas leaving them skin-side-down could trap some of the fat.) Make sure that the oil is at the correct temperature, and cook the chicken drumsticks. When the drumsticks are done, lean them meat-side-up against the thighs to drain, then sprinkle the chicken with fine sea salt.

8. Turn up the heat and heat the oil to 340°F. Meanwhile, coat the chicken breasts and wings. Carefully lower the chicken breasts into the hot oil and fry for 7 minutes, or until golden brown, cooked through, and crisp. Transfer to the rack, sprinkle with salt, and turn skin side up. Cook the wings for 6 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the wings to the rack and turn off the heat.

9. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter. Add the herb sprigs to the oil (which will still be hot) and let them cook and crisp for a few seconds, then arrange them over the chicken.

10 .Chicken Brine

- makes 2 gallons -

Combine all the ingredients in a large pot, cover, and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring to dissolve the salt. Remove from the heat and cool completely, then chill before using. The brine can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - MidWest - 11-20-2013

^^^^ Damn! Now that you guys are at it, anybody have advice on how to make a turkey and what special seasonings you guys put? I'm thinking of making y own turkey this year, there's got to be more to a turkey than just butter with salt and pepper. Any suggestions?

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - K Galt - 11-20-2013

Quote: (11-20-2013 04:06 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

^^^^ Damn! Now that you guys are at it, anybody have advice on how to make a turkey and what special seasonings you guys put? I'm thinking of making y own turkey this year, there's got to be more to a turkey than just butter with salt and pepper. Any suggestions?

Yup.

Wild Turkey!

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - samsamsam - 11-20-2013

Trying to see how many times I can make my nephews cry - JK!!!

Eating, watching football, talking about life. Resisting the urge to stand in line to buy shit that is no cheaper than if you waited.

Maybe try to convince everyone to make a Turducken.

[Image: turducken.jpg]

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - CTking - 11-20-2013

Thanksgiving is usualy just ehh. Its the night before and the day after when im chillin with friends and going out thatl be good.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Christian McQueen - 11-20-2013

I'm an orphan, so no plans, besides wait in line at the food shelter downtown LA.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - EisenBarde - 11-20-2013

I'm going to thanksgiving dinner 2 of 3 tomorrow. Probably gonna wake up drunk on grandma's porch again this thanksgiving proper.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - MidniteSpecial - 11-20-2013

McQueen you can come to my house bro.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - teh_skeeze - 11-20-2013

Hopefully nothing because I drive for a living and the last thing I want to do with a day off is go anywhere, but I'm sure I'll get sucked into something I don't want to do.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Christian McQueen - 11-20-2013

Quote: (11-20-2013 07:24 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

McQueen you can come to my house bro.

Appreciate the offer, but I was being sarcastic.

Wed night before Thanksgiving is EPIC for pulling a slut. Girls come home, want some dick before sitting across from their parents at dinner and telling them "all I do is study and have girl nights".

[Image: ohshit.gif]

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Kingsley Davis - 11-20-2013

Eat and still not get fat.
[Image: attachment.jpg15495]   

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - JayMillz - 11-26-2013

Working tomorrow in Puerto Rico then flying over to the Dominican Republic for annual Thanksgiving dinner with the family. Usually have turkey mixed in with rice, beans, pasteles, presidentes, coquito, etc. Hope you all have a good one!

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - teh_skeeze - 11-26-2013

Looks like I may not have to do anything! The liquor store has a sale on pints of Johnnie Walker Black. Only $20!

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - MrXY - 11-26-2013

I'm going out the night OF Thanksgiving

After spending all day with annoying family members, there have to be some chicks looking to blow off steam

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - el mechanico - 11-26-2013

Louisiana swamps. Leaving in the am. Maybe a stop in the French quarters to follow Gmanifestos data sheet.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Kickb - 11-26-2013

Doing some ebony shit the night before. I'm going to let her stay the night so the next morning I can get a Turkey Day BJ©. Then, I'll send her on her way so I can drive to a family friend's house to eat/get drunk and catchup.

What Are Your Plans For Thanksgiving? - Capitán Peligroso - 11-26-2013

Go to Vegas. Eat. Drink. Fuck.