Roosh V Forum
Older Guys (40+) - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Older Guys (40+) (/thread-30.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Older Guys (40+) - JayJuanGee - 11-06-2018

Quote: (11-06-2018 04:42 PM)Hypno Wrote:  

You should measure your BP daily so if you feel off you can test your self and know whether it might be something serious.

After your reading your post, I did measure my BP, and it was on the high end of my normal range, but still arguably within my normal range.

I will take your suggestion and reactivate my regular measuring of BP at least a couple times a day to see if there is any kind of pattern that I might notice that might be helpful to my better understand what is happening and when it is happening.

I do already have equipment to measure BP because I had several periods in the past several years in which I had been measuring my BP just to see where it is at, but in recent years, except sporadically, I had not been measuring my BP. So, I agree that those kinds of data points could give me some additional helpful information.

By the way, I don't want to imply that any kind of personal condition is without context, because I had some health issues nearly 8 years ago that caused me to increasingly experience varying levels of shortness of breath and chest pain, so from time to time, my symptoms will increase, so actually when I added swimming to my exercise in about March of this year and then I resumed some of my more intense cardio exercising in July (such as running), I had noticed, in July, that my cardio stamina had gone down a lot more than I had expected it to be (so a bit of a personal dissatisfaction that caused me to want to change my goals).

Since July, I have been more actively attempting regularize some of my cardio (while continuing to mix in resistance training) with a goal of attempting to bring up my physical endurance in terms of cardio to a higher level - rather than my early thoughts in which I had concluded that just maintaining was good enough.

So, since about July, part of my personal goal was to attempt to raise the point in which shortness of breath and chest pain might kick in, so there is a bit of a relative personal assessment regarding measuring that point and the extent to which chest pain and shortness of breath might kick in.

Older Guys (40+) - Hypno - 11-06-2018

Yeah I get it. I don't want to be alarmist but your symptoms sound significant. Befy blowing them off I would at least want the context of what is normal for me.

I get my blood tested annually. My cholesterol has always been high, just under 200 total, even when I was in my 20s. At my age they want to put me on drugs but I can confident ly rebuff them because I know what is normal for me. My father similarly had highish cholesterol and is over 90.

Quote: (11-06-2018 06:21 PM)Hypno Wrote:  

Yeah I get it. I don't want to be alarmist but your symptoms sound significant. Befy blowing them off I would at least want the context of what is normal for me.

I am sure that there are a large number of guys in this thread that share some information but NOT other parts of the information.

For example, so far, I don't have diabetes, but about 6 or 7 years ago, I had gotten into some discussion with one of my doctors about increasing fasting blood sugar levels that I was then experiencing in the 100 arena. I told my doctor that from what I had been reading, fasting blood levels should be in the sub 100 arena. My doctor said that I should not worry because diabetes is official when fasting blood sugars are in the 126 and above area, and pre-diabetes would be a lot closer to 126.

Thereafter, I bought some blood sugar measuring equipment and began measuring my own blood sugars and my fasting blood sugars, just to get a handle on the situation. Part of my point is that an RVF guy could have one time or another type of diabetes (type 1 being insulin dependent or type 2 being adult onset), but he might not want to share some of those kinds of details because he does not want to reveal that much about his own physical situation (or limitations), even though he still might describe some circumstances that he is working on that sound severe to a regular guy, but those circumstances are within his normal range, because he has a kind of grasp upon his situation and changes in the measurements.

I get my blood tested annually. My cholesterol has always been high, just under 200 total, even when I was in my 20s. At my age they want to put me on drugs but I can confident ly rebuff them because I know what is normal for me. My father similarly had highish cholesterol and is over 90.

I get my blood tested once or twice a year, too, and I had been in some tussles with my doctor about blood lipid hypothesis too. I had been on a statins for a bit more than a year (about 7-8 years ago), and after reading a lot about diet - especially low carb, I learned that doctors have a lot of fucked up ideas about blood cholesterol, and they are forced to follow standards of care that have fucked up ideas in terms of the blood lipid hypothesis, as well including overly pushing statins and failure and refusal to recognize various benefits of low carb diets, including vilifying fats (including the benefits of eggs and natural animal fats in the diet).

Even though there might be some benefit in understanding the difference between HDL and LDL cholesterol levels, triglyceride measurements seem to be more important to keep those levels low (below 100 for example), which can come through cutting out - or at least reducing - carbs in the diet.

So, personally, I think that doctors have been handicapped by some of the standards of care that attempt to over-emphasize pushing of statins and getting some diet ideas wrong because they fail/refuse to accurately study some of the benefits of good fats in the diet.***.. or to recognize the difference between good fats and bad fats... and to incorporate such recognition into preventative treatments (lifestyle treatment such as attempting to get vitamin D through the sun.. no one makes money off of the sun.. hahahahahaha).

*** good fats would include most animal fats, eggs, fish, coconut oil, and bad fats would include several of the processed fats such as soybean oil, canola and various kinds of partially hydrogenized fats, including margarine.

Older Guys (40+) - rudebwoy - 11-06-2018

JayJuanGee - shortness of breath and chest pain isn't a good thing. You sound like you have high BP or a minor heart issue.

I have issues with BP and i am trying hard to control it without the drugs. BP runs in the family and of course being a man of colour means we will get high BP at some point.

Measuring BP everyday is a bit much, once a week should do it.

My gym routine consists mostly of high intensity cardio, at least 30 minutes on the stairmaster. Two months ago I thought I was going to die after 5 minutes on the thing, now half an hour I glide through it.

We are at the age where we need to check our egos and be more in touch with our bodies.

I have seen a few friends drop recently, I suspect they were too proud or scared to treat their ailments.

Some of these younger guys on this forum, need to read this section. There is a lot of bad advice going around which does my head in.

Older Guys (40+) - reco2100 - 11-06-2018

Quote: (11-06-2018 06:52 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

I am sure that there are a large number of guys in this thread that share some information but NOT other parts of the information.

For example, so far, I don't have diabetes, but about 6 or 7 years ago, I had gotten into some discussion with one of my doctors about increasing fasting blood sugar levels that I was then experiencing in the 100 arena. I told my doctor that from what I had been reading, fasting blood levels should be in the sub 100 arena. My doctor said that I should not worry because diabetes is official when fasting blood sugars are in the 126 and above area, and pre-diabetes would be a lot closer to 126.

Thereafter, I bought some blood sugar measuring equipment and began measuring my own blood sugars and my fasting blood sugars, just to get a handle on the situation. Part of my point is that an RVF guy could have one time or another type of diabetes (type 1 being insulin dependent or type 2 being adult onset), but he might not want to share some of those kinds of details because he does not want to reveal that much about his own physical situation (or limitations), even though he still might describe some circumstances that he is working on that sound severe to a regular guy, but those circumstances are within his normal range, because he has a kind of grasp upon his situation and changes in the measurements.

I get my blood tested once or twice a year, too, and I had been in some tussles with my doctor about blood lipid hypothesis too. I had been on a statins for a bit more than a year (about 7-8 years ago), and after reading a lot about diet - especially low carb, I learned that doctors have a lot of fucked up ideas about blood cholesterol, and they are forced to follow standards of care that have fucked up ideas in terms of the blood lipid hypothesis, as well including overly pushing statins and failure and refusal to recognize various benefits of low carb diets, including vilifying fats (including the benefits of eggs and natural animal fats in the diet).

Even though there might be some benefit in understanding the difference between HDL and LDL cholesterol levels, triglyceride measurements seem to be more important to keep those levels low (below 100 for example), which can come through cutting out - or at least reducing - carbs in the diet.

So, personally, I think that doctors have been handicapped by some of the standards of care that attempt to over-emphasize pushing of statins and getting some diet ideas wrong because they fail/refuse to accurately study some of the benefits of good fats in the diet.***.. or to recognize the difference between good fats and bad fats... and to incorporate such recognition into preventative treatments (lifestyle treatment such as attempting to get vitamin D through the sun.. no one makes money off of the sun.. hahahahahaha).

*** good fats would include most animal fats, eggs, fish, coconut oil, and bad fats would include several of the processed fats such as soybean oil, canola and various kinds of partially hydrogenized fats, including margarine.
An exellent point on the cholesterol issue. I have talked about this before on this thread and how fucked up our medical community is. The drug industry makes a whole shitload of money on Statin drugs and just keep making more and more. And they do this by convincing the doctors and then the patients that if their cholesterol is above 200 it is high.

Then they put them on the statins to reduce cholesterol to lower their chance of getting heart disease. This is pure junk science. In fact, there is not peer-reviewed study out there that shows that high cholesterol is a cause of heart disease. But a big part of our medical orthodoxy is based on this falsehood.

But there are real problems with cholesterol that is too low and the side effects of statin drugs on your body. But once again no one makes money off of this.

Quote: (11-06-2018 09:12 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

JayJuanGee - shortness of breath and chest pain isn't a good thing. You sound like you have high BP or a minor heart issue.

Ah ha..... in my first post that was responding to reco2100, I was merely attempting to provide an example of something that I was currently dealing with, and a need to make a current tweak (just something on my mind, but not intended to be the main topic). In other words, my example probably rose to the level of oversharing and triggering concern that I am not normal (which I already became aware of in about early 2011)... hahahahaha..

In other words, the situation is not really new for me, but instead something that had changed, relatively speaking, in my current things that I am thinking about tweaking in my personal health related strategies.

I have issues with BP and i am trying hard to control it without the drugs. BP runs in the family and of course being a man of colour means we will get high BP at some point.

Of course, there can be some genetic vulnerabilities that each of us has, and surely, we may come to realize and accept some of the vulnerabilities when we get over 40 because those conditions are exacerbated.

Actually about a week ago, I met a guy who is in his early 60s, and I noticed that he had some black rings around his eyes, and I thought that he did not look very healthy, even though his body seemed to be in decent shape for that age (at least he did not appear to be excessively fat as some guys put on weight). I got to talking with him about his health, and he disclosed to me that he had been a type 1 diabetic since he was a kid, so shit I thought that he is sure was lucky to still be alive, even though he looked like he was having some power issues - and in that regard, I was feeling much more healthy than him... and much more fortunate that those kinds of medication dependency issues were not limiting my lifestyle options.

Part of my point is that life limitations can be relative, and even guys who might seem normal on the outside might have certain aspects of their health that are holding them back. For example, the learning marshal arts situation that was brought up in this thread by pytonga comes into mind. I did marshal arts when I was younger (hapkido), and surely some of that training could come in handy, even though I am rusty, but another concern remains about how long any kind of "match" might have to last. I might be able to "fake it" for 5 minutes, or just bluff my way out of it, since you would not not know, by looking at me, that I am going to get winded (perhaps even less than 5 minutes.. depending on if it goes to the ground, which takes even more energy, and wind).

Measuring BP everyday is a bit much, once a week should do it.

I am just going to do it, probably a couple times a day, for a short period of time, either if the seemingly temporary worsening goes away, or if I can verify whether there is any BP issue.

My gym routine consists mostly of high intensity cardio, at least 30 minutes on the stairmaster. Two months ago I thought I was going to die after 5 minutes on the thing, now half an hour I glide through it.

If a guy is running on all cylinders, then of course, improvement will be noticed more quickly than if he has some issues that is holding him back, and surely age itself can hold a guy back, too, because as many of us older fellers likely realize that we don't bounce back as well as we did when we were younger.

We are at the age where we need to check our egos and be more in touch with our bodies.

That is truly a humbling reality. If we live in a relatively civilized society, younger guys will frequently respect older guys, yet we cannot necessarily count on such situation, either. Sometimes, my current gf, who is in her 20s, plays some drama that could cause me to get into a situation that I would rather not be in.... Many of us guys realize that girls can be a bit like that, at least that has been my experience with the vast majority of girls who like to create a certain amount of unnecessary drama.

I have seen a few friends drop recently, I suspect they were too proud or scared to treat their ailments.

I don't have any situation that is not being treated, but I do engage in a decent amount of self-management, as you likely had picked up from some of my posts. I have had a good 7-8 years of decently active changes to my lifestyle that involved a lot of study and self-experiment early on. So, in 2011, 12, 13 and 14, I had been doing a variety of exercise including cardio and resistance training. However, 2015, 16 and 17, I kind of let off on the resistance training, and my cardio was mostly dance, and I was considering that diet was most important and sleep.. but I think that after 2015, there had been some carb creep into my diet that would could have been better dealt with through higher levels of exercise, besides what I was doing. I might be overstating the situation a bit, but I think that my recent return to hybrid exercise (involving both cardio and resistance training) has brought back a lot of improvements (in spite of my reference to some recent seemingly temporary side-effects that seem to need some tweaking).

Some of these younger guys on this forum, need to read this section. There is a lot of bad advice going around which does my head in.

Might be a repetition of the theme of the personal trainer who is 20 years old versus the one who is over 40? Sometimes the younger ones don't really know what they are talking about - even though those younger ones could still know some things, perhaps? hahahahaha

Older Guys (40+) - Dulceácido - 11-07-2018

There is a lot of bad advice going around which does my head in.

There is some seriously unqualified (to be diplomatic) health and medical advice on this forum. Dudes doing extended "dry" fasting, people not vaccinating their children, ridiculous "diet" plans, people advocating not taking medicines because of some pharmaceutical conspiracy, people that want you to believe cancer has been cured but scientists are withholding the secret, people that think vitamins can cure cancer, people that think there are obscure spices that have magical healing properties, people promoting supplements that are complete garbage, people that advocate rapid fat loss diets that are dangerous and ineffective, dudes completely inventing "Bro Science" and talking shit....The list is endless.

This particular thread is the only one where dudes, at least make an attempt, to keep it cool and not talk about fringe bullshit, although that happens from time to time. I'm pretty convinced that most of the dudes in this thread are wise enough to have realized that the only thing they know as an absolute certainty, is that they don't know everything with absolute certainty.

I'm planning on dropping a big data sheet here for you guys that are interested. I, seriously, have made some astounding progress in my health in the past year and I'll break it all down. I can't do it right now because of other obligations that take priority over the next two weeks. After that, I should have plenty of free time to properly word my thoughts on what has worked for me. Some dude the other day mistook me as being in my early thirties... I almost choked I was laughing so hard. But, just 3 months ago, no one would've said that. I'm also struggling with how I'm going to phrase the process I used and the issues I've dealt with without doxxing myself or sounding like a total douche. lol. I'll work on it. Posting this here for accountability purposes.

Just wanted to say, "Stay the course, Gentlemen!" Seriously, start getting your shit together (that's what I was forced to do). I had two very important people in my life drop dead over the summer, all from preventable bullshit that they kept hidden or problems they chose to do nothing about.

Remember those 4 years in high school (well, some of you spent much longer than that, but still)? They took forever to pass--like a fucking lifetime, Man. Now think about the last 10 years... They passed by in the blink of an eye. We're in a good time of our lives to genuinely take total control of every aspect of our lives--and I don't mean it like you think--I mean the way it affects you. You should be at peace with yourself by now. You should't be tortured by sexual desire (although I hope it hasn't completely left you), it should hold no power over you. You should not be concerned about other's opinions of you. You should be able to recognize the things which you have complete control over, the things you have partial control over, and the things you have zero control over and be able to distinguish them all and dismiss with profound indifference the things you have zero control over. Come to terms with your past and bury that shit. Don't let it eat away at you, there is nothing you can do about it; it is truly beyond your control. The future? That's partially within your control, but absolutely not completely. You can prepare and you can make plans, but you've no idea what the hell is going to happen. But, if you get your mind right, you can and do have complete control on how you perceive things and their impressions on you. And finally, you should step back and take an unflinching look at your present. That is what is firmly within your effective realm. Use your time wisely. Don't do foolish things or things with no purpose. Stop procrastinating! If something needs to be done, do it immediately.

Discipline is not a bunch of rules to abide by. Discipline is the only way to true freedom because otherwise you are a slave. You are a slave to impulse. Impulsion and the inability to control your desires is an unbearable burden that you don't even realize you're carrying until you just ditch it. Having a plan and the solid discipline to stay the course is like a suit of armor versus chaos...

Older Guys (40+) - BangkokBeats - 11-10-2018

Quote: (11-05-2018 10:05 AM)Pytonga Wrote:  

Ok guys I've got a wee question and I am looking for your advice.

I am 40 in good shape (gym and hobbies) but my dream was always to start do some Martial Arts or Boxing - something to learn how to defend myself.
I had a short 2 yrs episode with Karate Shotokan and boxing (just a few sessions)

I am not thinking about competitions just training how to fight/defend maybe 2-3 times a week.

My biggest concern are injuries to my hands, back and legs (as I mentioned before recovery takes longer and that would mean break from gym scuba&sky diving)
any suggestions?

BJJ is probably the best option for over 40's I took it up at 35 and there's a few guys at the gym well into their 40's.

Older Guys (40+) - Max RNR - 11-17-2018

Gents, I will be 49 in under a week from now. I always get introspective when my birthday approaches and even moreso now that I am nearing the edge of the plateau... and looking at the gradual and inevitable descent/decline. All of my affairs are in order if I happen to step off the planet before 75, but I still sometimes imagine/fantasize how I'd deal with non-deadly ailments that might happen to me and how I'd play it to my kids when/if any happen.

I have already been through natural age crap like a severe hemorrhoid, olympic sized gall stones that had to be surgically removed, a PEL injury from weight lifting, and a broken bone near a joint that had to be mended with a steel plate. For the latter, they said I might get only 40-60% ROM back... but I'm a sporto and so knew how to get most back -- at 98% now, although it hurts to throw and/or pitch a baseball with full power. My doctor was genuinely impressed.

For my lifestyle at present, I still drink, smoke, and fuck (chicks in the 21-35 range) pretty much when I want... and I make good money. Although that's not to say that my gypsie youth won't kick back in at 65 and put me back on the road with a bike and a tent when I finally "retire". Not that that would be all that bad... given a good stable climate and decent hotels and gyms I can pay for along the way.

My family history is quite binary... either one gets taken out with cancer by 60 or one lives to the late 80's or 90's. Both men and women. (I have an aunt from my dad's side who is high 80's now and drinks and smokes everyday -- in a good clime. Her husband (who was a very cool uncle) died a couple of decades ago.) Those that kick off sooner rather than later usually start showing signs of it in their 30's -- both in attitude and physical ailments. My mom's sister (who was a wonderful artist) died from cancer when she was 41 in '78. I am not part of my family crowd that shows signs of kicking off early.

I suppose what I am trying to get at here is what do we do to discard our worst fears of age as we get older? Is it faith/religion? I know I have my spirituality that I've developed since I've been young -- and it's not necessarily Christian, although it is compatible. Or could it be something else... like uploading into the net... if one lives just ten years more? Or is it just being served (both sexually and maidenly) by young ladies who are endeared and enjoy their work and play with us?

Pardon me for the novel... you know how it is once you get going.

Older Guys (40+) - Guitarhappy420 - 11-17-2018

Quit smoking now. Not "someday" now. Quit drinking, especially wine and hard liquor. If you need to drink, have a shot of good Irish whiskey and chase it with a pint, stop there. Cannabis is ok but vape not smoke. Walk 3 miles briskly every day in all weather and go bare foot as much as possible. Take a good crap every day. Avoid doctors and hospitals. I'm 70 and still a crazy mofo, no problem, but you don't want to get on my bad side. This is the formula I worked with over the decades.

Older Guys (40+) - Max RNR - 11-17-2018

Quote: (11-17-2018 05:07 PM)Guitarhappy420 Wrote:  

Quit smoking now. Not "someday" now. Quit drinking, especially wine and hard liquor. If you need to drink, have a shot of good Irish whiskey and chase it with a pint, stop there. Cannabis is ok but vape not smoke. Walk 3 miles briskly every day in all weather and go bare foot as much as possible. Take a good crap every day. Avoid doctors and hospitals. I'm 70 and still a crazy mofo, no problem, but you don't want to get on my bad side. This is the formula I worked with over the decades.

I quit quitting smoking years ago and my stress levels went way down.

Everything in moderation... and some excess, sometimes.

Older Guys (40+) - gmoneysauce - 11-17-2018

In 2011 I had fasting blood sugar in the 130 range and yeah my doctor said, well, with your age, that is no big deal. But of course I did some research and realized I was pre-diabetic and so bought a glucometer (I had also just read Tim Ferrris' 4 Hour Body which covers some of this) and spent a year bringing my morning fasting blood sugar down to about 88-90. I actually just replaced the batteries in my glucometer today (I haven't used it in four or five years) as I wanted to use it over December and January when I'll be in Latin America and back 100% on my steak and avocado and beast mode boners plan, ahaha. I'm going do to a complete blood chemistry after the 45 days in Latin America.

BTW, the worst I have felt in my life was when I went on some faddish low-fat diet in about 1990 (T-Factor diet, anyone remember that one??) and probably gave myself temporary type 2 diabetes.

Quote: (11-06-2018 10:17 PM)reco2100 Wrote:  

Older Guys (40+) - gmoneysauce - 11-17-2018

Dulceácido,I would love to read this DataSheet and yeah I have been wanting to do my own and doing it here would be a great way to compare notes. I used to have people guess my age and get 10 years less than my actual age but last year I fucking cratered on diet and exercise and I'm still paying for it. The main points of my current plan are:

1. Do some physical activity that I have a positive association with, on a consistent if not daily basis (I don't stay with it otherwise) . I currently like to rock climb (I'm a bigger guy so it tends to make me ripped, not just wiry strong like thinner guys), skateboard, play hockey/ice skate, open water swim, free dive/spear fish (I only do this in Latin America), hike, batting cage, and I do some lifting and kettle bell but since they are not 'activities' I don't tend to stay with them over the years.
2. Sauna. I sauna every day for at least 30-60 minutes when in the US. Sometimes on a weekend I will do a two hour session with a 10-15 cooling break. This has been a fucking magic bullet for blood pressure and stress. When I'm in the tropics I sweat a ton so maybe I don't need it there.
3. Sleep. Just good sleep hygiene and sometimes I use a sleep app and I take naps when I feel like it. There were some years when bad sleep just killed my energy levels.
4. Eat: Steak, avocado, some other colors of the rainbow. I use some dried Beet Juice as it really freaking lowers your blood pressure (it has nitric oxide...and we know what that does...). 4 Brazil nuts a day and some raw almonds on occasion. I often do a spinach salad when out of the house.

And also I tell people the truth, shoot straight, and that has just reduced so much social stress.

Also, I try to get good social interaction as this seems to be harder to get as you get older. I go shoot pistols with some guys and I have one friend who is single and we run game together....

That is the basic plan.

Quote: (11-07-2018 08:34 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I'm planning on dropping a big data sheet here for you guys that are interested. I, seriously, have made some astounding progress in my health in the past year and I'll break it all down. I can't do it right now because of other obligations that take priority over the next two weeks. After that, I should have plenty of free time to properly word my thoughts on what has worked for me. Some dude the other day mistook me as being in my early thirties... I almost choked I was laughing so hard. But, just 3 months ago, no one would've said that. I'm also struggling with how I'm going to phrase the process I used and the issues I've dealt with without doxxing myself or sounding like a total douche. lol. I'll work on it. Posting this here for accountability purposes.

Older Guys (40+) - Dulceácido - 11-18-2018

Quote: (11-17-2018 10:36 PM)gmoneysauce Wrote:  

Dulceácido,I would love to read this DataSheet and yeah I have been wanting to do my own and doing it here would be a great way to compare notes. I used to have people guess my age and get 10 years less than my actual age but last year I fucking cratered on diet and exercise and I'm still paying for it. The main points of my current plan are:

1. Do some physical activity that I have a positive association with, on a consistent if not daily basis (I don't stay with it otherwise) . I currently like to rock climb (I'm a bigger guy so it tends to make me ripped, not just wiry strong like thinner guys), skateboard, play hockey/ice skate, open water swim, free dive/spear fish (I only do this in Latin America), hike, batting cage, and I do some lifting and kettle bell but since they are not 'activities' I don't tend to stay with them over the years.
2. Sauna. I sauna every day for at least 30-60 minutes when in the US. Sometimes on a weekend I will do a two hour session with a 10-15 cooling break. This has been a fucking magic bullet for blood pressure and stress. When I'm in the tropics I sweat a ton so maybe I don't need it there.
3. Sleep. Just good sleep hygiene and sometimes I use a sleep app and I take naps when I feel like it. There were some years when bad sleep just killed my energy levels.
4. Eat: Steak, avocado, some other colors of the rainbow. I use some dried Beet Juice as it really freaking lowers your blood pressure (it has nitric oxide...and we know what that does...). 4 Brazil nuts a day and some raw almonds on occasion. I often do a spinach salad when out of the house.

And also I tell people the truth, shoot straight, and that has just reduced so much social stress.

Also, I try to get good social interaction as this seems to be harder to get as you get older. I go shoot pistols with some guys and I have one friend who is single and we run game together....

That is the basic plan.

Hey buddy! Been a while, where you been? Glad you're back and getting back on top of your health.

The data sheet is still coming, I promise and I always keep my word. Should be soon, but I had been studying (more like practicing, really) for an exam, which I just took yesterday, and that was consuming my time. Now, I am preparing to receive visitors for the upcoming holiday and will have guests. So, after that, the data sheet will appear.

In the meantime, you have a solid plan that I can get behind and you sound like you'd be pretty cool to hang out with to boot. ?

Allow me to critique:
The "do some physical activity" rule, is not just a good idea, but for me, it's mandatory. There are no "off days." I train every day. I have to. I was blown up a few times and I have lingering injuries that just don't support a day of no activity. I had to learn that the hard way. I was almost cripple for 3 years until I climbed out of the "pity me, I'm a victim and I can't do (X)..." mindset. If I take a day off, it severely impacts me in a negative way. It's funny, I used to have a chaplain who I considered quite old, and he and I would go running together. One day I had mentioned that I took a few days off from running, so that's why I was gassing out, and he told me of his father (imagine how old this fucker was--97) who lives in the Appalachians and hikes the trail, at least 3 miles, every day. He said his father told him he can never--ever--take a day off, because the next day it limits his mobility and starts a downward spiral that's difficult to come back from. I'm not 97, but I find myself in that same boat. I can take an easy day, but I can't take an "off day."

The sauna... This is an incredible resource that not many people understand. One of my physical therapists did his doctoral thesis on the health benefits of a sauna and it was fucking incredible. I'll see if i can find it online and I'll put it in here. It's long and technical so if you don't have a medical/physiology background it's kinda boring to read, but I wish I had access to a working sauna. There's one at my gym, but it has never worked. When I was in therapy there was a badass sauna and I used it 5 times/week. I don't think people understand that it's a fucking cardio workout with no muscle/joint impact to sit in a sauna. It is, exactly like you describe: a magic bullet. So many massive benefits and little downsides to a sauna. If used properly, it's like a gift from the Gods.

Sleep... Sleep hygiene is crucial. I really struggled with this for a long time. There are not too many rules, fortunately. "Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, sleep between 6-8 hours, and don't take naps." That's what all my docs said. I used to love naps, though. There's actually a lot of evidence that supports good benefits from napping and I don't doubt them, but that's probably for people who don't have sleep disorders. I used to have a terrible time sleeping and would then fall asleep at inappropriate times (traffic lights, for example ?), but that was a long time ago. I don't have that problem anymore. I eliminated it by getting up early as hell (used to get up at 0445, now I get up at 0400) and going to bed early. Do what works for you. I'm not gonna dump on naps. I think they work great for some people and not so good for others. I would say, though, basic adherence to a sleep schedule is very important. On the weekends, now, I "sleep in" (till 0600) and people laugh at me because when I sleep in, I'm still up 4 hours before them on Sunday.

Steak, avocado, nuts, and "dried beet juice..." What the fuck is a dried juice? Like dehydrated water? How does that happen? ?. Bygones...
I'm a fan of your diet program, too. I would just caution that there is such a thing as too much red meat. Enough said. My diet is so fucking boring. I eat for nourishment and that's it, 95% of occasions. In fact, I'm sort of struggling with how I'm gonna handle that when my holiday guests arrive, they're going to think I've gone mad when they see what I eat and how simple my food is. Meh. I'll figure it out.

All the diet/nutrition/workout/sleep stuff is actually the easy part of figuring out your path and getting your shit straight and in order. Those are things onto which you can inflict your most effective and massive control measures. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: the key is discipline. People underestimate the power and importance of discipline. It, literally, affects everything--if not directly, then how you react, or your impression of things and events.

The hard part is getting your mind and spirit right. That is essentially what I think I've been on the path towards lately and it has made all the difference in the world. Of course, I had to straighten out my body/health first, because it was such a major distraction. For example, you're never going to get your life in order when you're pounding whiskey and pain pills. Just not gonna happen. But, when you address the roots of those conditions, you can focus on more important things and life becomes incredibly enjoyable and precious.

Older Guys (40+) - gmoneysauce - 11-18-2018

Quote: (11-18-2018 10:38 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Hey buddy! Been a while, where you been? Glad you're back and getting back on top of your health.
Thanks Dulce, I get bogged down in work and raising my kids so it gets hard to stay active here.

In the meantime, you have a solid plan that I can get behind and you sound like you'd be pretty cool to hang out with to boot. ?
I'm mulling over doing some type of 50'th birthday get together next summer (North American summer) in Mexico. You are invited as is every member that wants to message me and chat me up a bit, just to be on the safe side with the doxing and all.

Allow me to critique:
yes please critique, I don't have many real 'peers' that are striving at my level where I live.

The "do some physical activity" rule, is not just a good idea, but for me, it's mandatory. There are no "off days." I train every day. I have to. I was blown up a few times and I have lingering injuries that just don't support a day of no activity. I had to learn that the hard way. I was almost cripple for 3 years until I climbed out of the "pity me, I'm a victim and I can't do (X)..." mindset. If I take a day off, it severely impacts me in a negative way. It's funny, I used to have a chaplain who I considered quite old, and he and I would go running together. One day I had mentioned that I took a few days off from running, so that's why I was gassing out, and he told me of his father (imagine how old this fucker was--97) who lives in the Appalachians and hikes the trail, at least 3 miles, every day. He said his father told him he can never--ever--take a day off, because the next day it limits his mobility and starts a downward spiral that's difficult to come back from. I'm not 97, but I find myself in that same boat. I can take an easy day, but I can't take an "off day."
I finally realize this. At this age I can't take a single day off. I will cancel plans, walk out on an event or cancel my attendance at bullshit meetings to get my minimum effective dose of movement and sauna daily. After 2017 (my year of Taco Bell and Netflix hell) there is no going back. One year later and I'm still not back to where I was. I had a serious illness when I was 30 and so I'm in a similar boat in regards to mobility. If I take a day or two off and sleep bad then I'm non-functional in my work and parenting.

The sauna... This is an incredible resource that not many people understand. One of my physical therapists did his doctoral thesis on the health benefits of a sauna and it was fucking incredible. I'll see if i can find it online and I'll put it in here. It's long and technical so if you don't have a medical/physiology background it's kinda boring to read, but I wish I had access to a working sauna. There's one at my gym, but it has never worked. When I was in therapy there was a badass sauna and I used it 5 times/week. I don't think people understand that it's a fucking cardio workout with no muscle/joint impact to sit in a sauna. It is, exactly like you describe: a magic bullet. So many massive benefits and little downsides to a sauna. If used properly, it's like a gift from the Gods.
This vid is good on understanding how huge sauna is:

I would love to get that link you mention.

Oh,I was in Spain for a while in 2012 and did daily cold water swim (north Atlantic water is fucking cold) to an island and a hike up a hill and felt like a beast. One of those Cryotherapy places just opened up about 3 k from my house. I might try that but dollaz....

Sleep... Sleep hygiene is crucial. basic adherence to a sleep schedule is very important. On the weekends, now, I "sleep in" (till 0600) and people laugh at me because when I sleep in, I'm still up 4 hours before them on Sunday.

My ideal is no naps, but ideally (so that translates to rarely) I do a bi-phasic sleep where I go to bed early, wake up at 4am and read for an hour then do a two hour second phase. It took me a decade to read and research and experiment and I still don't get this down much of the time.

I don't drink or smoke or do weed, fyi.

Steak, avocado, nuts, and "dried beet juice..." What the fuck is a dried juice? Like dehydrated water? How does that happen? ?.
The beet powder is a new thing this year for me but man, it seriously lowers my blood pressure and I think is giving me a lot I don't get from my diet.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIIO5AM/
I also eat a shit-ton of greens (kale, spinach, collards) that I buy from a custom meal plan place that does made-to-order at a very reasonable price. Unless I forget to put in an order which happens about every three weeks.

I don't really take supplements except for CoQ10 and I guess this powder is a supplement

the key is discipline. People underestimate the power and importance of discipline. It, literally, affects everything--if not directly, then how you react, or your impression of things and events.
Yeah, it is not what you do occasionally but what you do daily that has the impact. I am keeping it more simple these days.

you can focus on more important things and life becomes incredibly enjoyable and precious.
Yes, I get caught up in activities sometimes and lose sight of why I am doing them. Working on that now. I actually go roller skating with a 75 year old guy on Tuesday evenings and that is one of my favorite things, only after I get there as I'm often thinking I should go lift or some shit.

I do keep a pretty busy schedule but that is because I have the energy now. I spent Saturday day climbing (at the climbing gym), went to the batting cages, went to Starbucks and chatted up a couple of chicks, met a friend at the range to hang and shoot for a bit, then went to the gym (only did pushups and sauna) and ran into a 59 year old guy I know that is about to get married and is remodeling a house. By 10pm I was not tired and that is when I usually read and work on some things to keep my neuroplastiscity high. I am actually learning to juggle and still working on my spanish.

Sometimes I go into these high energy 'manic' states where I can go for a 20 hour day of non-stop activity before I get tired but they completely fuck up my sleep.

G

Older Guys (40+) - Wayne Star - 11-19-2018

Age is no excuse.
I'm 43, in an open relationship with a 33 year old 7.5.
I met a 23 year old beautician on tinder which asked me to be her reason to bail on her friend's birthday party at a bar. I walked in, and ordered a beer at the bar and she walked up, put together how beauticians always are; hair, makeup, heels, everything. She was a 7 because of a couple extra pounds but has a decent slut vibe.
I teased her about bailing on her friends and when she asked if I was a nice guy I gazed in her eye and said, no way. Negs worked great with her as she was higher status and young. She asked why Im not nice and I said I intended to make out with her in my car in the next five minutes and fuck her later tonight.
We went to my car and she rubbed me hard as we kissed.
We drove to a boat launch and her pants and shirt flew off and she burried my dick in her mouth, gagging occasionally. We fucked twice in my car and I took her home.
Later she my main girl and I went to a club and danced. The girls hit it off, making out on the dance floor with me and each other, pissing off everyone in sight. The hate and jealousy from the losers and bitches was fantastic. One girl slapped her dude, "I saw you looking!"
I felt like a fucking pimp with those two on my arms as we walked out. Right by the line for the door the girls hopped the back of my car and began furiously making out. My car has no tint! Lol!
23 licked 33 year olds pussy the entire drive home.
During the drive I messaged my son who was home and told him to grab some cash go to treat his friends to Denny's right now.
We got to my house and the half naked girls ran from the car to the door, giggling like kids. No panties, no pants, I'm sure the neighborhood saw it all.
They both sucked me on their knees and then we fucked for a good hour. I got in trouble once for ignoring my main girl but we all made up right away. She has a rule that I only fuck strange with a condom on so we used a whole box, switching back and forth between girls.
After we all got dressed and went to Denny's for breakfast, after my boy had left (probably passed him on the way).
I fucked the 23 once more since then and we're seeing her together again this weekend.
For my first threesome I think I did ok.
Not good at math but 43 goes into 23 more times than I had thought!
23 says she usually fucks older guys and thinks my girl is super sexy.
Helpe out guys, I need tips to keep 23 on the line.

Older Guys (40+) - JayJuanGee - 11-19-2018

Quote: (11-19-2018 12:45 PM)Wayne Star Wrote:  

[edited out]

This sounds very legit.

All 40+ Rvfers on deck. Get to work on helping out Wayne Star. He, she, or it needs such brainstorming and will some day become a valuable Rvfer, too.

NOT.

[Image: tard.gif]

Older Guys (40+) - scrambled - 11-19-2018

Quote:Quote:

One girl slapped her dude, "I saw you looking!"

[Image: giphy.gif]

Older Guys (40+) - Hypno - 11-19-2018

So after you banged them in your car and house, you got a hotel room and took a pic of her there! Sounds legit.

Older Guys (40+) - Barpilot - 11-19-2018

Here has whats been happening in the marketplace and society during the last 25 years ... we have gone from the nuclear family to no fault divorce and 10-15 years ago with the passing of VAWA we have given the tools of male destruction to millions of fat angry ex wives....and they have shown no shame or honesty in immediately abusing them. Drive by restraining orders have taken fathers out of their homes like you cant believe as she cleared the path to collect the child support without having the ex husband in the way. lots of men have had their lives destroyed by these laws. Girls need a strong father figure in the home and not just a step or series of overnight "uncles" girls need to know and have daddy's love because he is the first and most important man in her life. (not talking sex here you sick pervs) These girls are everywhere and they are attracted to older guys (I'm almost 50) and they are wide open for everything and thats the irony of the whole thing now that its come full circle and only going to get better ...These 18-25 yr old girls are now competing for the same men their mothers are only these girls have serious chops and can throw down much better than sweat pants wearing mom they are still feminine and you can bounce quarters off any part of their bodies and get change back for a buck. oral anal two girls you name it its on the menu ... where do you find them? everywhere but Ive found most of mine on seeking.com and I will put my last 10 bangs up against anyone's here the problem Ive had lately is that my last 2 have been 19 and 20 and can't even legally drink yet. Don't feel bad for is because the high quality girls aren't the bar flies you find doing a lounge act ... nope

Older Guys (40+) - reco2100 - 11-19-2018

Quote: (11-19-2018 03:40 PM)Barpilot Wrote:  

Here has whats been happening in the marketplace and society during the last 25 years ... we have gone from the nuclear family to no fault divorce and 10-15 years ago with the passing of VAWA we have given the tools of male destruction to millions of fat angry ex wives....and they have shown no shame or honesty in immediately abusing them. Drive by restraining orders have taken fathers out of their homes like you cant believe as she cleared the path to collect the child support without having the ex husband in the way. lots of men have had their lives destroyed by these laws. Girls need a strong father figure in the home and not just a step or series of overnight "uncles" girls need to know and have daddy's love because he is the first and most important man in her life. (not talking sex here you sick pervs) These girls are everywhere and they are attracted to older guys (I'm almost 50) and they are wide open for everything and thats the irony of the whole thing now that its come full circle and only going to get better ...These 18-25 yr old girls are now competing for the same men their mothers are only these girls have serious chops and can throw down much better than sweat pants wearing mom they are still feminine and you can bounce quarters off any part of their bodies and get change back for a buck. oral anal two girls you name it its on the menu ... where do you find them? everywhere but Ive found most of mine on seeking.com and I will put my last 10 bangs up against anyone's here the problem Ive had lately is that my last 2 have been 19 and 20 and can't even legally drink yet. Don't feel bad for is because the high quality girls aren't the bar flies you find doing a lounge act ... nope

Is seeking.com the same as seeing arrangement the sugar daddy site? It appears to be. Are you paying these girls to date you? If so what are you paying them? And if not how do you get dates with them.

I am in your age range and I simply do not see the ease of finding the women 18-25 that you are finding is that easy. Unless there is a financial component then it becomes rather easy. But that is not my thing.

Please tell us about your last 10 bangs. I would love to see some details. About you and about the path to the bang.

Older Guys (40+) - Wayne Star - 11-20-2018

It's a pic she sent me later.
I love how the ones who can't like to talk trash to those who are succeeding.
I had my first threesome at 43 with a 33 and a 23 year old. It happened, you can cry and be jealous or high five. Your call.
I'm fit and I'm a mountaineer but I'm not rich. While the excuse makers cry and post shade alone in their studio apartment (being generous) the doers are killing it.
Say fuckoff to your excuses, get in shape, get some decent clothes (go to a thrift store if you need to) and go fuck some bitches.

Older Guys (40+) - reco2100 - 11-20-2018

Quote: (11-20-2018 11:42 AM)Wayne Star Wrote:  

It's a pic she sent me later.
I love how the ones who can't like to talk trash to those who are succeeding.
I had my first threesome at 43 with a 33 and a 23 year old. It happened, you can cry and be jealous or high five. Your call.
I'm fit and I'm a mountaineer but I'm not rich. While the excuse makers cry and post shade alone in their studio apartment (being generous) the doers are killing it.
Say fuckoff to your excuses, get in shape, get some decent clothes (go to a thrift store if you need to) and go fuck some bitches.

Wayne maybe if you can give some details that help other people out might be a good start.

Take a look at other people posts on this thread. One of the reasons this thread is so much better than others is that men on here try to give actionable content and advice that others can use.

Anyone on here can be lying or completely honest and it is not so easy to tell. But if you are giving details and talking about your own experiences the good the bad and the ugly. You will probably get a more receptive audience.

What is unique about your age and your success? What are you doing those other men your age are not doing? What is working for you? What is not working? The story about the 23 YO how did you approach her? Was she the first younger woman you approached, that day, or that week?

Older Guys (40+) - Atlanta Man - 11-20-2018

My Studio apartment has an ocean view, it is very pleasant. I have sex with strange women there , and frequently work out. I live in Miami, most men in South Beach my age are just like me only more successful financially. Don't hate on studio apartments , they are cheap and a good option for people who want to live in a good location and not break the bank. For the record I only fuck chicks under 30 (humble brag over).

Older Guys (40+) - Barpilot - 11-20-2018

Here is how I play the SA game. First off I make it clear in my profile that any sex industry pros will be eliminated immediately because those are the ones on the hustle 24/7. I like the girl next door type who is in college, has an attraction towards older guys, can’t believe that she is even on a website like that but there she is. I am cocky funny and use text game when corresponding and try to get them off that platform ASAP by giving them my cell number and Snapchat. Make sure your profile is funny helps a lot. I am only looking for LTR and GFE I downplay the sex part and tell them it’s more about having a female feminine presence in my life and it’s the intimacy etc.of which sex is a part of. They ask about money and I tell them I am not interested in a transactional relationship but my last SB drove my Range Rover and was on my insurance and every week I put some money on a debit card for her in addition to everything else. I usually have to meet 6-10 of them before I find the one which provides all sorts of opportunities for some strange. If you are highly selective and stay clear of dancers and hookers then you will find a treasure who isn’t all about money I promise

Current SB met her last yr 19 rock hard going to school on a full ride academic scholarship down for anythIng smokin hot and fun to hang out with period. Coming up on a year in jan. Her allowance is 250 -300 week plus car plus insurance.

Before her I had a 3 yr arrangement with a girl now getting her graduate degree at Stanford she was 22 when we met smokin hot a perfect 10 funny very affectionate too bad I can’t post non nude photos

I’ve got a really good job ...dangerous ... very alpha male adventure hound work approx 14 on and 14 off. My mom asked me why I didn’t date girls closer to my own age and I told her that I have seen women my own age naked ... no thanks