Roosh V Forum
Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate (/thread-29827.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - Que enspastic - 11-07-2013

The text vs. phone debate is over.

In the past (2005- era) it was long accepted that talking to a girl over the phone would always be better than sending her a text (provided you can talk the talk). Yet it was also recognised that if she didn't pick up the phone you could risk the chance of losing face and looking desperate in her eyes. Thankfully that era has been consigned to the dustbin of history. Whatsapp and other similar fast messaging services (such as Line) cut through the bullshit.

Remember when once there was a huge leap between mobile phones and laptops that was only plugged by the arrival of tablets? Whatsapp offers the same breakthrough for game.

After a series of rapid fire back and forth messages on Whatsapp it is effortless to write something like "I'm bored of typing, I'm having a shower and will give you a quick call after". The girl is much more likely to pick up the phone as Whataspp allows for a greater degree of comfort and rapport building than texting does as it all takes place in a shorter period of time.

Get the girl on Whatsapp, get her pinging messages back and forth with you, announce the call, then call.

The transition between texting to talking has never been smoother.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - thegmanifesto - 11-07-2013

Quote: (11-07-2013 08:39 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Yet it was also recognised that if she didn't pick up the phone you could risk the chance of losing face and looking desperate in her eyes.

That was only recognized in the eye of the beholder.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - scorpion - 11-07-2013

I don't get this. How is Whatsapp supposed to be faster than texting? I thought it was just another texting/IM app.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - TheBulldozer - 11-07-2013

Que...I've read this three times and I'm still confused. Am I missing something here?

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - philly22 - 11-07-2013

How does whatsapp offer more comfort than texting? It is texting just over an internet connection.

Do you work for them or something?

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - lush1 - 11-08-2013

It's more instant than texting, it's free and instant so girls will be more inclined to write stuff, even if its just lol. But the more they qrite the more 'conversation' they are having with you and the greater the comfort building.

The fact that its instant is the main difference, easy to send pics and music too and all young girls like pics and music

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - Que enspastic - 11-08-2013

Yeah this post probably makes less sense to older cats on this forum. It doesn't have to be whatsapp - whatever instant messager app that is most widely used in a city.

I am targetting girls 18-24. Many of them aren't picking up their phones unless they feel they "know" the guy well. Texting is like drip feed these days, some girls are interested but taking 6-24 hours to respond. You get them on one of these apps and it speeds up x10

No one disagrees that calling a girl is best. The question is what is the best way to set up the call.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - Pinocchio - 11-08-2013

you can also confirm she has given her correct number/ read the message on whatsapp.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - amity - 11-08-2013

Agree
I use WhatsApp on the regular these days, way better than texting, much more instant, really handy how you can send pics, and it's not just for the young 'uns, anyone with a smartphone (ie. 90% of women you're interested in banging) can set it up in 5 mins, piece of piss

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - bojangles - 11-08-2013

whatsapp is good shit, it's instant and it's easy, plus girls send you shit load of pussy, ass and tits pics on it

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - casio - 11-08-2013

Yeah, agree on the whatsapp. Also, I have some pictures ready for different situations.. like some bondage rope, a few joke pictures and a few that can lead the conversation to something more sexual.

Whatsapp also gives their real fullname in the notification center as long as the contact is not in your phonebook. I think this is a bug, but it's very handy.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - Every10GivesMeA10 - 11-08-2013

Quote: (11-08-2013 07:12 AM)TimDV Wrote:  

Yeah, agree on the whatsapp. Also, I have some pictures ready for different situations.. like some bondage rope, a few joke pictures and a few that can lead the conversation to something more sexual.

Whatsapp also gives their real fullname in the notification center as long as the contact is not in your phonebook. I think this is a bug, but it's very handy.

Can you specify?

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - casio - 11-08-2013

1) I give out my number on tinder/okc/whatever and ask them specifically to contact me through whatsapp
2) they send their first message. When I get the notification on my iphone, it always says:
"Girlsname": Hey, found you!

Girlsname is almost every time their full name.

So it's not in the application itself, but only on the first notification and only when the number is not in your iphone allready, that's why I think it's a bug - but it's been like this for as long as I can remember. Found out dozens of real names using this.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - eradicator - 11-08-2013

I don't understand how it is faster than texting? I have whatsapp but prefer to text. Most people have unlimited texting these days anyways, i have 1000 texts for $10/month. that should be plenty. I just use it for logistics.

I prefer to call, as most of you do and often just send something like "hey are you around? is it a good time to call you now?"

I don't like whatsapp because i really don't like getting stuck in a back and forth message conversation that goes nowhere. Would you rather have a chick send you perv pics, or bring her home and get her naked and bang her? I guess you could say that if she sends dirty pix, she is more likely to bang.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - TouchpadSeller - 11-08-2013

I keep reading "more instant" or "faster"... these words don't make sense. Please explain using different words?

EDIT: Perhaps you mean the feedback is faster because you know when the message is read? If so then the messaging isn't faster, the feedback is faster. The messages should go at roughly the same speed as regular SMS texting, if not slightly slower based on internet connectivity vs. SMS/4G/LTE/3G connectivity.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - Statsi - 11-08-2013

Whatsapp is great for getting a girl trading pictures. Aside from that I don't see any advantage.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - lush1 - 11-08-2013

It's instant, a text message takes 2-5 seconds to send and be received, a whatsapp message is seen the instant you press send. This enables a real time conversation without a lag of 2-5 secs between messages. This therefore encourages conversation and the use of words which you wouldn't bother sending in a text.

It's quicker there's no other way of saying it

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - soup - 11-08-2013

How is it different if she's looking at her iphone and texting back and forth with me?

She's still seeing the the notification on either app..

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - trapper_john - 11-08-2013

WhatsApp works on the majority of mobile platforms. iMessage only works on Apple devices.

Quote: (11-08-2013 12:16 PM)soup Wrote:  

How is it different if she's looking at her iphone and texting back and forth with me?

She's still seeing the the notification on either app..

And of course with data packages, it's free apart from the initial cost of the app. SMS messages usually have a cost. This is especially useful when travelling and you don't have a local SIM card.

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - soup - 11-08-2013

So what?

I can text a girl and she will get it instantly, and it looks like a chat on our phones.

I don't get it [Image: monkey.gif]

Whatsapp: Squaring the Text vs Phone debate - BlurredSevens - 11-08-2013

Quote: (11-07-2013 08:39 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Get the girl on Whatsapp, get her pinging messages back and forth with you, announce the call, then call.

How about this:

1. Get the girls phone number
2. Text/call her to set up a date
3. Bang her

Why are you trying to complicate things? If a girl doesn't get back to you right away, it's not because you used the wrong iphone app...

Shit, with strong enough game you could probably pull fly girls using a Fax Machine. Now that would be some next level G moves:

[Image: bilde.jpg]

[Image: Old-Fax-Machine-265x300.jpg]

[Image: 181378.jpg]

Ok

Let me put it this way, I was in Riga last weekend. Snogged a girl in a club and got a number from the girl. In the morning, I looked her up on WhatsApp and saw her photo and saw it was her real number. Then I waited until she came online which I could see on when she was online with her status of WhatsApp . Tell me how you get that with iMessage?