Roosh V Forum
Do you have a game "mode"? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Do you have a game "mode"? (/thread-29705.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do you have a game "mode"? - WestIndianArchie - 11-05-2013

Do you turn it on, and then turn it off?

Comment on the newb board got me wondering about this.

I remember when I used to be "on", and how draining that was to be "on" all the time.

And then at some point, the on/off distinction stopped being so...well...distinct..

Apprentices?
Journeymen?
Masters?

WIA

Do you have a game "mode"? - mental - 11-05-2013

Until I got used to game, there was an "on" and "off" mode. Now that my brain's rewired for gaming, it all happens automatically - kinda like a car or a bike, when you get used to it, it gets instinctual.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Handsome Creepy Eel - 11-05-2013

Same as mental. You might call me being very nice and polite outside of the dating context some kind of "off mode" (because that kind of behaviour would get me friendzoned faster than you can say "flake"), but as soon as I'm interacting with a woman that I want to bang, it all happens almost on instinct. I don't spend any conscious thought looking for the next technique, what kind of touch to use or estimating my chances. It boils over even to women I don't want to bang, and most of my female friends have commented that I have become "the devil". The only time when I have to put in some conscious effort is if I get approach anxiety or am too lazy to go out.

Fuck, after this many years, it better come naturally! I'd be pissed off if I still had to think about it all the time.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Christian McQueen - 11-05-2013

Instinctual now.

With that comes the 'loss' of the 'high', of successfully getting a chick's number, kissing and sex.

It's autopilot now.

The benefit is knowing I could go out and get numbers and more than likely a ONS, without any issues.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Nemencine - 11-05-2013

I have the opposite problem: i have a hard time consciously turning it off. It just flows like an automatic reflex. take today for example, i went to see somebody at the hospital.....I sat down in the waiting area next to some decent looking broad(6.7) ... later we started talking... midway, she told me about her graves disease.... how it was randomly detected because her sister was play-choking her... I, with a mischievous grin, segues the conversation in another direction... "play-choking, hey? is that something you.... like doing? {with my patented, disarming smile} ... hey, some people like it ... you know..... nothing wrong with mixing it up.... a little fun and play never hurts anybody...hehehehe "

My brain is wired for these kinds of flirty sexualization....with my delivery and tonality... she just buckled over and tell me to "stoooop!" in that girlish-childish mock protestation tone, while play-hitting me. .....

Before i left, she volunteered her phone number. i didnt even ask for it.

it doesnt matter if it is hospital. supermarkets. the tube/subway. mail center/post office. name it. it just flows.

Since the question that WIA is asking is switching game on and off. I will answer with how and where i have that problem. For me, it is the office/workplace. Personally, i have a hard time switching it off at the office/workplace setting. It requires actual effort to not flirt. Yes, i have had unpleasant experience with H.R department --and i have had to learn some hard lessons: the person that have gotten me into problem with H.R are the white knights.(not the flirty ladies, but their white knights). Especially, when they are in the position of authority. Some white kights had privately asked these ladies "is nemencine sexually harassing you?...you dont have to hide anything...feel free...i can help you deal with him... because as a superior, i don't want any of my workers feeling uncomfortable at work."

I know this how? because these ladies later reported these private conversations(between white knights and them) to me. I have been written up by a white knighting boss on behalf of a female co-worker...and this female co-worker went to the white knighting boss to tell him that he shouldnt do that. point blank. she then pointedly invite me to a party with her friends. all this in front of everybody and the white knighting boss. All this despite the white-knighting boss making "his seat" the one directly opposite this female.... he will sit there, work there, and laugh at all her jokes...every bloody day telling her how great her outfit looks...etc. You know what she told him? Out of all the men here, nemencine is the one she likes the most. The strange thing to them, is that i am the person that playfully teased her the most. i like calling her gypsy. hehehehe.

Other white knights will simply take the initiative and report me on behalf of the ladies(without her knowledge or consent) their rationale is that "they are simply been aggressively pro-active in preventing major, potential sexual harassment lawsuits against the company before it rears it head. as a good employee, it is their duty to see that things run smoothly." claiming that "when they sees something wrong, they takes action, they do not need to wait for things to go from bad to worse.."

Given the headache with H.R that i have experienced, I have no pity for the so-called white knighting beta males. may they suffer in hell everlasting.

As such, i have to create a split personality. a sexual game mode that is on/off for the workplace.

The sad truth is that most sexual harassment in the workplace are done by women. Funny, how we have presentations about the number of reported sexual harassment this quarter and that quarter... and how, oddly, men are grossly overrepresented in those reports.....

I have to go the extra mile with shutting myself down, because on one hand are the flirty ladies.... and the other hand, the white knights who should roast in the 7th depth of hell.

Speaking of flirty ladies, the worst offenders in an office setting from my experience are the married women. They will blatantly, gratuitously, and openly flirt with you.

Let me count the ways...

I have been groped.
I have received lap-dances.
I have had my arse grabbed.
I have been called "work husband/work lover/work boyfriend".

I remember one time, i was reacting negatively to a sprayed antiseptic spray, and a Dominicano asked me "nemencine, if you lose consciousness, between myself and natasha, who do you want to give you mouth-to-mouth resuscitation?".

I can be walking along in the office corridors, heading to the laboratory...out of nowhere, a female co-workers will simply walked over and hold my hands like we are lovers......

Of course, there is the leaning over my cubicle, revealing right to my face a sumptuous amount of freckled boobs in a low-cut top, brazenly presenting those tits right into my face. ..

I have been told detailed sexual fantasies about what they imagined my dick looks like, girth and length....

I have been told "i want you to know you can do whatever you want to my body...."

Some have expressed voyeuristic remarks like how they want to see me "make love to another woman"....

i have been asked "which one of us do you want to make love to"....

Hell, i have had some of them cook for me on a semi-regular basis.

I can go on. Women are the worst sexual harassment offenders in the workplace, bar none... and the jealous white knights will fuck your shite up. period.

IT IS EXTRA-ORDINARY DIFFICULT TO NOT FLIRT BACK. The unfortunate thing is that the white knights will take you to the H.R. department if you are not careful. I have seen it with my own eyes. It has happened to me.

Having problem turning game on? That is not the problem. The problem is consciously turning it off.... especially, at the workplace.

I hope that answers your question, WIA, about when and where i have problem turning game on/off.

Do you have a game "mode"? - We The Real - 11-05-2013

[Image: search%3Fq%3Dswag%2Bnever%2Boff%2Bmeme%2...50%253B413]

Do you have a game "mode"? - We The Real - 11-05-2013

[Image: forgot-to-turn-my-swag-off-woke-up-cover...itches.jpg]

Do you have a game "mode"? - thebassist - 11-05-2013

Quote: (11-05-2013 05:05 AM)Nemencine Wrote:  

Other white knights will simply take the initiative and report me on behalf of the ladies(without her knowledge or consent) their rationale is that "they are simply been aggressively pro-active in preventing major, potential sexual harassment lawsuits against the company before it rears it head. as a good employee, it is their duty to see that things run smoothly." claiming that "when they sees something wrong, they takes action, they do not need to wait for things to go from bad to worse.."

Pretty interesting stuff dude.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered flipping the script on them? Throw in some feminist buzzwords, ask them if they think women can't make independent decisions, just throwing some fuel into the fire and watching the results?

While, to be honest, this might draw an unnecessary amount of attention (and beta animosity) to yourself, I can't help but think this would be really interesting to observe hahaha.

So if you reach the point where you know you're going to be quitting your job soon, just saying fuck it and seeing what happens.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Parlay44 - 11-05-2013

I vibe off of other people. That's why it's hard to open girls because there's no connection. Once I get past the opener and feel her vibe a little bit I get more in the "game on" mode.

Do you have a game "mode"? - soup - 11-05-2013

PUAs call this getting into state.

Yes, I need to be warmed up. The highest level for me is usually when I'm walking home in the morning after banging an ONS girl. It's the walk of fame (instead of shame), where I'm still a little drunk, and my body language is totally loose and confident. I'm opening girls left and right and get eyes and phone numbers.

Not to knock this thread, because I think it's definitely worthy of discussion, but, for the amount hate the word PUA gets around here, we often re-invent the wheel on a lot of topics that they already laid out years ago.

But, we diss them because of "fuzzy hats" etc.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Parlay44 - 11-05-2013

I actually got a fuzzy Kangol hat as a gift a long time ago. It might be time bust it out [Image: lol.gif]

Do you have a game "mode"? - mental - 11-05-2013

Quote: (11-05-2013 05:05 AM)Nemencine Wrote:  

I have the opposite problem: i have a hard time consciously turning it off. It just flows like an automatic reflex. take today for example, i went to see somebody at the hospital.....I sat down in the waiting area next to some decent looking broad(6.7) ... later we started talking... midway, she told me about her graves disease.... how it was randomly detected because her sister was play-choking her... I, with a mischievous grin, segues the conversation in another direction... "play-choking, hey? is that something you.... like doing? {with my patented, disarming smile} ... hey, some people like it ... you know..... nothing wrong with mixing it up.... a little fun and play never hurts anybody...hehehehe "

My brain is wired for these kinds of flirty sexualization....with my delivery and tonality... she just buckled over and tell me to "stoooop!" in that girlish-childish mock protestation tone, while play-hitting me. .....

Before i left, she volunteered her phone number. i didnt even ask for it.

it doesnt matter if it is hospital. supermarkets. the tube/subway. mail center/post office. name it. it just flows.

Since the question that WIA is asking is switching game on and off. I will answer with how and where i have that problem. For me, it is the office/workplace. Personally, i have a hard time switching it off at the office/workplace setting. It requires actual effort to not flirt. Yes, i have had unpleasant experience with H.R department --and i have had to learn some hard lessons: the person that have gotten me into problem with H.R are the white knights.(not the flirty ladies, but their white knights). Especially, when they are in the position of authority. Some white kights had privately asked these ladies "is nemencine sexually harassing you?...you dont have to hide anything...feel free...i can help you deal with him... because as a superior, i don't want any of my workers feeling uncomfortable at work."

I know this how? because these ladies later reported these private conversations(between white knights and them) to me. I have been written up by a white knighting boss on behalf of a female co-worker...and this female co-worker went to the white knighting boss to tell him that he shouldnt do that. point blank. she then pointedly invite me to a party with her friends. all this in front of everybody and the white knighting boss. All this despite the white-knighting boss making "his seat" the one directly opposite this female.... he will sit there, work there, and laugh at all her jokes...every bloody day telling her how great her outfit looks...etc. You know what she told him? Out of all the men here, nemencine is the one she likes the most. The strange thing to them, is that i am the person that playfully teased her the most. i like calling her gypsy. hehehehe.

Given the headache with H.R that i have experienced, I have no pity for the so-called white knighting beta males. may they suffer in hell everlasting.

As such, i have to create a split personality. a sexual game mode that is on/off for the workplace.

The sad truth is that most sexual harassment in the workplace are done by women. Funny, how we have presentations about the number of reported sexual harassment this quarter and that quarter... and how, oddly, men are grossly overrepresented in those reports.....

I have to go the extra mile with shutting myself down, because on one hand are the flirty ladies.... and the other hand, the white knights who should roast in the 7th depth of hell.

Speaking of flirty ladies, the worst offenders in an office setting from my experience are the married women. They will blatantly, gratuitously, and openly flirt with you.

Let me count the ways...

I have been groped.
I have received lap-dances.
I have had my arse grabbed.
I have been called "work husband/work lover/work boyfriend".

I remember one time, i was reacting negatively to a sprayed antiseptic spray, and a Dominicano asked me "nemencine, if you lose consciousness, between myself and natasha, who do you want to give you mouth-to-mouth resuscitation?".

I can be walking along in the office corridors, heading to the laboratory...out of nowhere, a female co-workers will simply walked over and hold my hands like we are lovers......

Of course, there is the leaning over my cubicle, revealing right to my face a sumptuous amount of freckled boobs in a low-cut top, brazenly presenting those tits right into my face. ..

I have been told detailed sexual fantasies about what they imagined my dick looks like, girth and length....

I have been told "i want you to know you can do whatever you want to my body...."

Some have expressed voyeuristic remarks like how they want to see me "make love to another woman"....

i have been asked "which one of us do you want to make love to"....

Hell, i have had some of them cook for me on a semi-regular basis.

I can go on. Women are the worst sexual harassment offenders in the workplace, bar none... and the jealous white knights will fuck your shite up. period.

IT IS EXTRA-ORDINARY DIFFICULT TO NOT FLIRT BACK. The unfortunate thing is that the white knights will take you to the H.R. department if you are not careful. I have seen it with my own eyes. It has happened to me.

Having problem turning game on? That is not the problem. The problem is consciously turning it off.... especially, at the workplace.

I hope that answers your question, WIA, about when and where i have problem turning game on/off.

I have a solution in my sig - I use dSploit and FaceNiff to fuck with every white knight and landwhale who tries to fuck with me. Every one of them had a VERY unpleasant experience - posting unpopular opinions on Facebook and becoming gay is just the start; my favourite way of dealing with then is ordering lots of naughty things from their amazon or paypal to their home address. After they noticed that every one of them fuckers who tried to mess with me was on the verge of crying they got scared shitless, and since using these tools leaves minimal to none traces that can't be used to identify it was my phone, there's absolutely nothing they can do about it. Now the spineless cowards try to be my buddies, but as I like to say, "Awww, how cute. Nice try.". If asked if it was you, just deny, deny, DENY and reframe! There's absolutely NO proof it was you, and even the boss will be scared of firing you, because he doesn't want any dirty details ruining his business.

Do you have a game "mode"? - The Beast1 - 11-05-2013

I very much have a game mode. Paul Janka mentioned something about it in his book and I very much agree with. I can't really describe it, but i have to be very centered to pull off an approach. Like right now, I feel exhausted even after 9 hours of sleep. I doubt I will be able to pull off being charming.

However, lifting helps a lot. I'm assuming any physical activity fires it up. When i play my violin or viola, it is like sharpening my mental wit. I should start employing more hobbies to be able to pull girls.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Therapsid - 11-05-2013

To me, game mode or state means you have real sexual intent.

It's not enough to just be receptive to approaching, flirting with girls, getting numbers.

Game mode is when you have a killer instinct and are looking to go for the pussy right then and there.

It's the difference between a guy who takes the girl to a second venue and then to his apartment before pushing through last minute resistance and the guy who goes out with a girl, maybe makes out with her, and then goes home feeling like he's accomplished something.

These two guys could be the same person on different nights. The difference is, one night he was on and the other night he wasn't.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Frank - 11-05-2013

Agree with soup to some extent. I don't have a game "mode", it's come to a point where I don't think about it anymore. However, I am not always in the right frame of mind. I can game whenever, but how I'm feeling will have an effect on how I interact. I might be more "low energy" if I'm well...tired. I might be more aggressive-happy if I'm hornier than usual, lol.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Greek kamaki - 11-05-2013

Turned off in Germany turned on in slavic countries.It completely has to do with the horniness caused by the local female stock.

Do you have a game "mode"? - markus85 - 11-05-2013

Quote: (11-05-2013 08:04 AM)soup Wrote:  

PUAs call this getting into state.

Yes, I need to be warmed up. The highest level for me is usually when I'm walking home in the morning after banging an ONS girl. It's the walk of fame (instead of shame), where I'm still a little drunk, and my body language is totally loose and confident. I'm opening girls left and right and get eyes and phone numbers.

Not to knock this thread, because I think it's definitely worthy of discussion, but, for the amount hate the word PUA gets around here, we often re-invent the wheel on a lot of topics that they already laid out years ago.

But, we diss them because of "fuzzy hats" etc.

That's a good point. Most guys at clubs getting into 'state' is a few drinks which is very effective for logical/analytical thinkers that are too inside there own head (myself)...it shuts up that inner monologue.

Ideally I'd like to quit being state dependant "i feel like shit (state) but I'm going to approach anyway" because I find myself and others often use it as an excuse not to approach. The hardest time for to get my game mode 'on' is def when I'm rolling solo....I'm a low energy mess.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Cyr - 11-05-2013

I definitely have a 'game' mode. At school I am a completely different guy than when going out, or even just meeting friends. Normally after I've been to school I can't bring myself to approach whereas at the weekend I'm really pumped/ horny.

Do you have a game "mode"? - XXL - 11-05-2013

I don't get it why someone has to be "on" to talk to a girl. What does it even mean to be "turned on" ??

Do you have a game "mode"? - Cyr - 11-05-2013

Quote: (11-05-2013 05:05 PM)XXL Wrote:  

I don't get it why someone has to be "on" to talk to a girl. What does it even mean to be "turned on" ??

If you've spent the whole day studying, I find the effect is similar to what people reportedly get from Modafinil. I get tunnel visionned, my mind is buzzing and I am not in a sociable mood. That is not a good state to be in socially, whether you are talking to girls, or your friends.
Compare that to if you've had a good nights sleep, went to the gym earlier and have nothing to worry about. The second person is likely to be friendlier, more sociable and more attractive.

Do you have a game "mode"? - XXL - 11-05-2013

Quote: (11-05-2013 05:18 PM)Cyr Wrote:  

Quote: (11-05-2013 05:05 PM)XXL Wrote:  

If you've spent the whole day studying, I find the effect is similar to what people reportedly get from Modafinil. I get tunnel visionned, my mind is buzzing and I am not in a sociable mood. That is not a good state to be in socially, whether you are talking to girls, or your friends.
Compare that to if you've had a good nights sleep, went to the gym earlier and have nothing to worry about. The second person is likely to be friendlier, more sociable and more attractive.
Valid points. However in my case the good mood or being talkative is something that develops with time as I'm talking to someone. In the beginning all I have to do is break the ice with something very simple like hi or i'm shy and follow through with very unimpressive and "lame" things to say like how your day's going or how do you know each other etc. Then some things about her that I can use to comment on/tease/make fun of/compliment/etc will show up and that's when the fun starts.

Do you have a game "mode"? - Hotwheels - 11-05-2013

I'm not normally sociable, so I do have to "turn it on".

Basically like the old saying; "Turn on the charm."

Watch some Mad Men to see this. Draper rarely smiles and does it when he's selling. I don't recall him ever smiling or laughing unless he was in selling mode.

Sterling actually commented on it in one episode.

He turns it on when he needs it. I'm kinda similar in that I actually mentally tell myself to do so, like flipping a switch.

Do you have a game "mode"? - WestIndianArchie - 11-05-2013

Quote: (11-05-2013 05:41 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

I'm not normally sociable, so I do have to "turn it on".

Basically like the old saying; "Turn on the charm."

Watch some Mad Men to see this. Draper rarely smiles and does it when he's selling. I don't recall him ever smiling or laughing unless he was in selling mode.

Sterling actually commented on it in one episode.

He turns it on when he needs it. I'm kinda similar in that I actually mentally tell myself to do so, like flipping a switch.

In your own example, Draper pulls ass w/o turning it on. He's not doing the carousel of life on any chick that crosses his path.

He's working with some good material, and just recognizes opportunities and takes advantage of them. He has a nose for hoes.

But when he falls in "love" with Italian Chick/Heart Surgeon's wife from last season, he turns it on, and she bounces. (And then he's smart enough to use his social pull to get her son into an easy military gig, and leverages that into some more trim)

After a while, just relating to women on that level becomes the norm, and you actively have to keep yourself in check, lest you end up in front of HR like the homie Nemecine above.

WIA

Do you have a game "mode"? - Hotwheels - 11-05-2013

Probably not the best example as I was pointing more towards how his personality changes when he is selling. Meaning clients with a new account or promoting an ad the client is ambivalent about. Clients and new acquaintances are the only time I remember him smiling on the show. He's warm and friendly in those situations. Otherwise he is stoic, aloof and direct.

In my case, I often do not really want to talk to anyone at all. I need to "turn myself on" and will vary my personality to suit the situation. I mentally do this. Not so much as an affirmation, but rather acting in a way.

Back when I was selling it wasn't necessary for me to turn it on as I was in that mode all day, every day at work so it just carried over. There is not nearly as much interaction with others, male or female, in the industry I am currently in so I am back to having to flip the switch.

Natural introvert.

Do you have a game "mode"? - kazushu - 11-05-2013

I'm originally from Melbourne then moved to Thailand and it took a while until I realized that I was coming across as too belligerent until my half Thai half Aussie mate informed me about some of the major differences. I wasn't gaming bargirls by the way but more like middle class girls who want to be seen as "hi-so" (high society). In any case, I had to consciously and deliberately turn down the volume on my communication/rapport (which took some effort) and after that I had a lot more success. TBH though I think that my connections here had more to do with my successes than anything else. Who you know seems to be a big part of picking up middle class and above in Thailand where as in Melbourne I could get by on game even while riding my mountain bike wearing and wife beater and sweating like a pig. It's one of the things I miss about Melbourne, as hipster, pretentious and feminist as the girls can be there a guy dressing like slob doesn't seem to affect the pick up.