Roosh V Forum
Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why (/thread-2964.html)

Pages: 1 2

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - spinaroonie - 11-09-2010

Bars and clubs were once venues in which women came to  actively seek and meet men. It was once socially acceptable and expected for men to approach women in this setting.

Lately, I've noticed the dynamic in bars and nightclubs shifting. Rather than the singles/meat markets of yore, bars and clubs are now becoming venues for groups of friends to celebrate some sort of group event - birthday parties, stagettes, "girls night out" etc. Blame cell phones, texting, Facebook, and social networking sites that make groups of friends connected to each other, yet form cliques and isolate themselves from the mainstream.

Additionally, the growing popularity of online dating means women no longer need to actively seek men - women can field multiple date requests from the comfort of their own homes. I believe this is why bars and clubs are increasingly becoming sausagefests - single women aren't going out as much today. They don't need to. They're staying home.

And therein lies the paradox of the broken bar/club scene today. Guys flood clubs in the vain hopes of attracting pvssy. Girls go to clubs to attention-***** and put up pictures on Facebook the next morning, and c*ckblock each other from hooking up. So the guys go home alone on yet another night. Sexually frustrated, they start fights with other guys.

And yet I live by a campus with a 2-to-1 girl-guy ratio. This is definitely not reflected in the sausagefest bars and clubs I frequent, where the ratio is flipped. So where are all the single girls? At home on a Friday night, watching Twilight for the 12th time. Not at the bars and clubs.

And here's the irony - I can't help think that there are still a lot of single, lonely girls out there. With women increasingly shunning bars and clubs, and online dating still carrying the stigma of a reserve for "desperate creepy guys", where is a girl to meet a quality man?

And where is a man to meet a quality girl?

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - Dash Global - 11-09-2010

each guy and town is diff.

in some places you can still go out and meet women and get ONS.

also its a place to mingle with the opposite sex and have some drinks with your friends.

i would get to bored if i never went out.

also, this is the opposite in latin clubs imo. real easy to meet and fuck girls.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - spinaroonie - 11-09-2010

The late 90s/early 2000s was a golden era in which when a lot of PUA material and the DJ Bible flowered. But the dynamics in bars and clubs back then were a lot different. Think of clubbing 10 years ago, circa 2000. No cell phones. No texting. No digital cameras. No Facebook. No MySpace. No online dating sites.

I imagine women back then were A LOT more receptive to cold approaches at bars and clubs, for all the reasons cited in the OP.

The GAME has CHANGED fellas, and game material hasn't evolved to catch up with the profound changes in communications technologies as it has affected social dynamics in recent years.

Would Mystery in his early days come up with the Mystery Method if he had to contend with ADD attention-*****s too preoccupied with texting their friends and taking pictures of themselves with digital cameras to put up on Facebook and calling all guys "creepers" instead of, like, having a real conversation? He likely would not have had the patience, grown frustrated, given up, and quit. There would be no PUA.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - Jack Frost - 11-09-2010

Spin, where are you from or what region at least? Wondering if its a regional difference we are seeing.

I see what youre getting at with the influx of cell phones and social media and it definitely makes less groups available to approach in a given setting but you just need to be slightly more selective before you just walk up to a group. Somewhat feel them out from afar.

Im on the west coast and dont really go to clubs so I cant speak to those but at bars I see plenty of the "girls night out crowds" taking a million pictures but I also see a ton of single groups of girls just hanging out and drinking who are more than receptive to being talked to.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - DonovanVC - 11-09-2010

Sort of depends where u r. I live in Chicago and this place is totally what Spin is talking about. Full of HUGE mixed groups everywhere, always celebrating shit. Hard to crack sometimes.

In L.A. where I grew up, a lot more groups of just girls (no guys) or even 2 sets and 3 sets of just girls. However clubs were more exclusive there so getting in was the issue (unlike in Chicago, can get in almost anywhere no problems)

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - speakeasy - 11-09-2010

If you live in a big and competitive city like Miami, LA or NYC I think you're only going to do good in clubs if you're either very good looking or have well above average game. If you have neither you'll probably end up one of those guys you see standing around staring at the dance floor.

Why not look into throwing parties of your own? If you can get a reputation for throwing good parties, you'll have the frame control. I think girls like parties more than they like clubs anyway and the logistics of getting a girl back to your room are obviously solved. I can say I've seen way more guys get random hookups and ONS from house parties than I ever have at a club or bar. I'll take a party over a club ANY day.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - exe - 11-09-2010

Quote: (11-09-2010 10:16 AM)spinaroonie Wrote:  

Bars and clubs were once venues in which women came to  actively seek and meet men. It was once socially acceptable and expected for men to approach women in this setting.

Lately, I've noticed the dynamic in bars and nightclubs shifting. Rather than the singles/meat markets of yore, bars and clubs are now becoming venues for groups of friends to celebrate some sort of group event - birthday parties, stagettes, "girls night out" etc. Blame cell phones, texting, Facebook, and social networking sites that make groups of friends connected to each other, yet form cliques and isolate themselves from the mainstream.

Additionally, the growing popularity of online dating means women no longer need to actively seek men - women can field multiple date requests from the comfort of their own homes. I believe this is why bars and clubs are increasingly becoming sausagefests - single women aren't going out as much today. They don't need to. They're staying home.

And therein lies the paradox of the broken bar/club scene today. Guys flood clubs in the vain hopes of attracting pvssy. Girls go to clubs to attention-***** and put up pictures on Facebook the next morning, and c*ckblock each other from hooking up. So the guys go home alone on yet another night. Sexually frustrated, they start fights with other guys.

And yet I live by a campus with a 2-to-1 girl-guy ratio. This is definitely not reflected in the sausagefest bars and clubs I frequent, where the ratio is flipped. So where are all the single girls? At home on a Friday night, watching Twilight for the 12th time. Not at the bars and clubs.

And here's the irony - I can't help think that there are still a lot of single, lonely girls out there. With women increasingly shunning bars and clubs, and online dating still carrying the stigma of a reserve for "desperate creepy guys", where is a girl to meet a quality man?

If a quality girl is one who is LTR material - I'd say abroad.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - InternationPlayboy - 11-10-2010

Quote: (11-09-2010 11:55 AM)spinaroonie Wrote:  

The late 90s/early 2000s was a golden era in which when a lot of PUA material and the DJ Bible flowered. But the dynamics in bars and clubs back then were a lot different. Think of clubbing 10 years ago, circa 2000. No cell phones. No texting. No digital cameras. No Facebook. No MySpace. No online dating sites.

I imagine women back then were A LOT more receptive to cold approaches at bars and clubs, for all the reasons cited in the OP.

The GAME has CHANGED fellas, and game material hasn't evolved to catch up with the profound changes in communications technologies as it has affected social dynamics in recent years.

Would Mystery in his early days come up with the Mystery Method if he had to contend with ADD attention-*****s too preoccupied with texting their friends and taking pictures of themselves with digital cameras to put up on Facebook and calling all guys "creepers" instead of, like, having a real conversation? He likely would not have had the patience, grown frustrated, given up, and quit. There would be no PUA.

No cell phones in 2000? What planet were you living in?

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - Mrs. Chocolate - 11-10-2010

I don't know, but the night scene in BR seems a bit different. There's the girl night out, however the girls group can be very welcoming to men. Maybe the narcissism that you talk about in the US culture increases the cockblocking action and the dismissing men posture...

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - bigbootyluvr - 11-17-2010

Quote: (11-09-2010 11:55 AM)spinaroonie Wrote:  

spinaroonie hit this one out of the park. As a bar/club owner i'll tell you guys first hand that myspace/facebook/texting changed the game drastically. RARELY do I see a one night stand hookup happen between strangers. Most new pickups seem to require a ton of social proof, and "seeds" planted, i.e. you add them on facebook and build interest and have a high value profile with lots of pictures/places you've been/career/family.

With all the cock blockers now, my favorite is to either text them on the spot or ask them what their facebook email is. Then I add them on the spot. THEN if the cockblocker wants to come up, too late! I already got her contact info, sucka!!!

I personally don't really fuck around with American women unless they give me an IOI first. I usually just ignore them and not give a fuck and day dream about my next SA trip....

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - InternationPlayboy - 11-17-2010

It's still easy to fuck girls that you meet in bars. Clubs tend to be a bit more tricky. It's also hard to run game when you can hardly hear the girl you are approaching.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - kerouac - 11-17-2010

I wonder what the Chairman of the Board has to say about this...

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - HD668B - 11-19-2010

I still have SNL every weekends I got out in clubs... I don't even go out in bars.. I'm in my early 20s so I cannot compare with the previous decades, but I can say that you need to be much aggressive, ie: biting girls neck 5mins after you started dancing with her.

You talk about social networking that allows girls to stay home, and still be social, well I'm not sure the alphas makes up the majority on the internet... When a girl needs to be taken forcefully, no amount of "your beautiful" on her facebook profile will satisfy her...

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - metalhaze - 11-19-2010

"I still have SNL every weekends I got out in clubs..."

that's too braggart and pompous...what places do you hit up in Monty?

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - Neo - 11-19-2010

I agree, bars and clubs are becoming dead.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - InternationPlayboy - 11-19-2010

Quote: (11-19-2010 05:51 PM)LÉtranger Wrote:  

I still have SNL every weekends I got out in clubs...

I call bullshit. EVERY WEEKEND? Highly doubtful.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - raliv - 11-19-2010

Go out during the weeknights in order to game more receptive women. Go out earlier on the weekends before the crowds arrive.

This is all pretty common knowledge. I would agree with everyone that bars and clubs have become a more social circle setting.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - HD668B - 11-26-2010

Quote: (11-19-2010 08:30 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2010 05:51 PM)LÉtranger Wrote:  

I still have SNL every weekends I got out in clubs...

I call bullshit. EVERY WEEKEND? Highly doubtful.

I see this as a challenge hehe I'll PM you when I'm in Miami

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - cityhype - 11-30-2010

solid thread. I'm new here but I think fundamentally solid game will always give you a chance at a bar or club. Bottom line, there are single women everywhere and if you really want to be successful, don't rely solely on bars and clubs to meet them. Get involved in other community related activities and meet women through friends. Pick up a foreign language, go to dance lessons, check out museums, go to tourist spots, that type of shit. There's less of a "you're only trying to fuck me" frame attached than when you're at a bar. Plus it's fun to once in a while pick up a not completely wasted slut. Carry on, gentlemen. Carry on.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - Petrosius - 01-20-2014

definitely,going out at night is a fucking waste of time,first of all because its an artificial environment created by the nightlife entrepreneurs,and secondly,is a lack of explotation o the potential of a man...its much better grow in balls doing day game approaches instead of going to nightclubs,maybe its much more comfortable doing day game approaches,but it pays off [Image: wink.gif]

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - RockHard - 01-20-2014

Quote: (11-09-2010 10:16 AM)spinaroonie Wrote:  

Day game.

Though like someone else said on here, overseas for marriage. Except given the laws in the states, you should probably stay overseas if you want marriage.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - Checkmat - 01-20-2014

Quote: (11-09-2010 04:35 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

If you live in a big and competitive city like Miami, LA or NYC I think you're only going to do good in clubs if you're either very good looking or have well above average game. If you have neither you'll probably end up one of those guys you see standing around staring at the dance floor.

Why not look into throwing parties of your own? If you can get a reputation for throwing good parties, you'll have the frame control. I think girls like parties more than they like clubs anyway and the logistics of getting a girl back to your room are obviously solved. I can say I've seen way more guys get random hookups and ONS from house parties than I ever have at a club or bar. I'll take a party over a club ANY day.

Is there a thread on here on how to throw great parties? Search results showed nothing.

One problem I bet a lot of guys on here have is that we live in either studio or small 1BR apartments. Tough logistically to throw a good party in such a small space I think. Although I haven't personally ever thrown a party, my old roommates used to.

I'd love to be known as the guy that throws cool parties. Maybe when I move to my next city I'll get a bigger place just for the social possibilities.

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - CaliforniaSupreme - 01-20-2014

First three posters banned?
[Image: scottish-banhammer.jpg]

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - philly22 - 01-20-2014

Quote: (01-20-2014 03:10 PM)CaliforniaSupreme Wrote:  

Its 2- Post #3 was from guy #1

Fellas, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why - CaliforniaSupreme - 01-20-2014

Quote: (01-20-2014 07:39 PM)philly22 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-20-2014 03:10 PM)CaliforniaSupreme Wrote:  

Its 2- Post #3 was from guy #1

Haha nice eyes.