Roosh V Forum
The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet (/thread-29228.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - yellowfever - 05-07-2015

Luxy is "officially" reopening this weekend as Omni. They had a ladies night soft opening last night but I wasn't there. There's no photos up online but the vibe so far is that it's the exact same place with a different name, same owner and everything.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - atlant - 05-07-2015

To my knowledge the opening has been postponed to next week. Other than that yes it will be the same place.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - prosebeforehoes - 05-20-2015

Who's still here? Busy until Computex but my colleague (who's a RoK author) and I would love to meet up with some of you from the forum.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - atlant - 05-20-2015

We have a group here, PM me your Line.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Cscs - 05-21-2015

-In Tapei you do need to at least speak a little bit mandarin to get around the city
-Lots of taiwanese girls like foreigners especially white guys
-You could probably get ONS but its not common there
-The foods are great and the city is also quite clean
-Generally people are friendly and curious about foreigners. If you go to stores they would normally ask you "where r u from?" "Wht r u doing here?" "How long will you be here?" Etc
-In a nutshell, Taipei is great city to visit but for getting laid is not soo easy but very possible

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - SirSpanky - 05-24-2015

I went to Omni opening night on Friday. Was talking to a guy who worked there - Belgian - and he said the place has a new owner and has a new direction. I never went to Luxy but he said Omni is a lot more upper class, and it certainly felt that way. 1000NT for entry (Two drinks included, but still) Also he said there was a major change to the interior.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - atlant - 05-24-2015

There is certainly less dancefloor and more tables now. Moving the bar all the way to the back next to the toilets seems pretty dumb too. That space will just be cramped between people going to the bathroom and people getting drinks. Did not check the upstairs bit for long.

It feels much more generic now and Myst already has that pointless pretentious rich cliques thing covered. I am also pretty sure the owner is the same still.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - yellowfever - 05-27-2015

I'm there now, it's barely 12 and the police just came in. Music stopped, all lights are on. It's so tedious.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - SirSpanky - 05-29-2015

Quote: (05-27-2015 11:11 AM)yellowfever Wrote:  

I'm there now, it's barely 12 and the police just came in. Music stopped, all lights are on. It's so tedious.

Yep, same thing happened open night. A whole hour.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Lisandrino7 - 06-05-2015

Hey what's up guys?

Do you have a LINE group?
Would be awesome hang out with you

L

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - prosebeforehoes - 06-09-2015

Just finished with Computex and back from a quick trip home to North America. Not a rich man, but who's up for a Brass Monkey challenge on 6/11? It will involve predrinking at a 711/Fami, then arriving at around midnight for a who can close first contest. Winner gets... honor amongst thieves and/or chubby chasers.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Lisandrino7 - 06-10-2015

OMNI on Saturday night? Anyone down

L

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - oilydouchebag - 07-12-2015

If anyone is still in Taipei, send me a pm or Line id, I have been here for 8 years, been out of the game for awhile and want to get back in.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Stickman - 07-29-2015

I landed in Taipei last thursday after Tokyo for 2 weeks. After hearing a lot of hype regarding the quality of Taiwanese girls. I was in for a supprise. The talent I saw in the airport didn't really leave any impression, I can't judge yet but I didn't see anything that I had to double take.

Moving on. The first day I spend walking around taipei 101 and around the main shopping area. Again I thought to myself, what was the hype about? But still I can't judge yet. I have to hit up a club to really see the talent. I don't want to be one of those guys with a knee jerk reaction.

Friday while walking to the clubbing area. I got a bit lost so I asked some chick where Myst was. At first she wouldn't even look at me but I don't give a shit and kept on talking to her until she responded. She tells me where it is finally (still not looking at me) She's a 6 acting like a 10. I went to Wave. I intended to go to Myst but there was a long line at Wave so I went there instead. The crowd here is a young crowd and are pretty casual, some were in sneakers. The club is not packed dispite the line. They hold up the line to attract noobs. It worked. I saw maybe 2 7s all night. I'm on a dry spell after Japan so I'm not exactly picky. I got a few numbers. The best lead were a Thai girl. Still getting blown out pretty harshly by 6s. Interesting night but I still think I havnt seen the real talent yet. I must go to Myst. A high end club must have high end talent.

Saturday night. I got to myst 11:30. Waited in line to get in. The 2 girls working the doors were hot but with extremely bitchy attitude but whatever, I'm not supprised. The talent level is looking up at least, awesome. Myst is a pretty large club. I like the layout. It has a sizable dance floor and a bar inside that's conductive to verbal game. That's if you find any decent talent to talk to. My disappointment continued. I saw about 4 or 5 7s and maybe 1 8s.

I think the time and place I spend here gives me a decent sample size to judge the quality of talent here and came away unimpressed. Did tokyo raise my standard to astronomical level? I doubt it. There are a couple of problems here. First there is fashion sense. Taiwanese girls have very little of that. Tacky is the word. Second, their bodies or lack thereof. Japanese girls are lacking in this department as well but make up for it in fashion and attitude.

Going to Myst again today, my opinion may change. Perhaps it was a flukey 2 nights. Will update.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - fucksong - 07-29-2015

They don't wear tiny booty shorts there? Somebody told me that awhile back.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Captain Carnage - 07-29-2015

From my experience Nightlife was pretty tame as well. Nice city ice people but nothing amazing to write about!

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Stickman - 07-29-2015

Tonight was much better. Ladies night on Wednesday is definately the day to go. They had dance shows with hot dancers that boosted the eye candies up. I saw some legit 9s and plenty of 8s. I couldn't say that before. My opinion hasn't sway yet. A lot of these girls seems paid to be there. There was a table full of hot girls that don't do anything but sit there and play with their phone and got a photog that only take pics of them and no one else. I think it's for website promotion. Still the overall talent is good.

I didn't do too well tonight. Was in a crappy mood from the get go. I was contemplating not even going in but I wanted to at least see if the last 2 night was the norm, it's not. Something notable. If you're Caucasian, you will do well here. I've yet to see a white guy get blown out so the girls here are definately open to foreigners.

@fucksong. They definately wear short shorts here. In fact that's club uniform it seems. Half the girl are In short shorts. Tacky as hell and shorts don't do you any favours when you have no ass to speak off.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - booshala - 08-24-2015

Finishing up my second SE Asian trip in 6 weeks and just wanted to chime in with my experiences in Taipei the past two days I was in town. I left this morning for Manila and it's bittersweet because I went 2/2 and I'm fairly confident that if I stayed a week, I would have had a legitimate shot at getting a ONS every night, perhaps even multiple a night, Fisto style. Still, Manila's got its own charms.

The best way that I can describe Taiwanese girls in 2015 is that they're like native girls in Korea in the early to mid 2000's: enough first world influence to really bump up the appearance of the women with a decidedly non-Western influence still in place when it comes to gender roles. If you've read my Seoul Datasheet, you'll know that 2004 Seoul was my "poosy paradise".

Anyway, I think a lot of factors contributed to my success, albeit from a limited time/sample size:

- Logistics: I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Taipei in Xinyi district right next to a lot of the clubs/bars in town and bounced a girl back on Sunday night from Babe18 which was a five minute walk from the hotel. Lots of other bars/clubs in the area (barcode, lava, myst) which make for a large critical mass of girls to choose from.

- Background: I'm Korean American and so it was pretty easy to ride the whole k-pop wave mixed with the laidback LA vibe, but I noticed lots of white faces in the crowd. Taiwanese girls seem to have quite the positive reaction when it comes to Western attributes as I witnessed noticeable changes in girls' body language and response when they realized I wasn't a local by my accent.

- Approach style: Whenever I try to channel "high energy game" I always think of my buddy and fellow RVFer DVY. Worked great here, especially on Sunday night at Babe 18 which is student night. As the OP noted, local guys kind of use the "amoeba approach" - which sorta creeped me out as well - and the whole "tap her on the shoulder and give a big smile as she turns around" routine worked great. I don't think I've ever had so many "girls I think I can take home" choices in my queue in one night as I did that Sunday, and I almost fucked it up by being indecisive.

- The culture: I should say that one of the two girls that I boned is a Taiwanese American girl that my business contacts set me up with as a sort of informal tour guide. She's got a degree from a prestigious Ivy league school and makes big money there. She's also in her early 30's and although a solid 7/10 on my scale, constantly complained how she was essentially invisible to local guys because of the huge surplus of hot 18-22 year olds who they can choose freely from. Very easy to game this girl as usual and there was absolutely no LMR when we went up to my hotel room. Coming from LA where women have an extremely entitled view of themselves, this was INCREDIBLY refreshing.

Obviously, I'm speaking from a highly specific individual perspective, but I think if you lock down tight logistics in Xinyi or another party area, you have high energy game and you're obviously Western in appearance or demeanor, you should have a pretty good go at bedding these Taiwanese girls without too much issue. The gender roles, unique 1st world/2nd world confluence and their positive reactions towards Western culture is a huge boon for US/Europe based guys.

I am definitely going back soon.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - fucksong - 08-24-2015

Quote: (08-24-2015 06:01 AM)booshala Wrote:  

Finishing up my second SE Asian trip in 6 weeks and just wanted to chime in with my experiences in Taipei the past two days I was in town. I left this morning for Manila and it's bittersweet because I went 2/2 and I'm fairly confident that if I stayed a week, I would have had a legitimate shot at getting a ONS every night, perhaps even multiple a night, Fisto style. Still, Manila's got its own charms.

The best way that I can describe Taiwanese girls in 2015 is that they're like native girls in Korea in the early to mid 2000's: enough first world influence to really bump up the appearance of the women with a decidedly non-Western influence still in place when it comes to gender roles. If you've read my Seoul Datasheet, you'll know that 2004 Seoul was my "poosy paradise".

Anyway, I think a lot of factors contributed to my success, albeit from a limited time/sample size:

- Logistics: I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Taipei in Xinyi district right next to a lot of the clubs/bars in town and bounced a girl back on Sunday night from Babe18 which was a five minute walk from the hotel. Lots of other bars/clubs in the area (barcode, lava, myst) which make for a large critical mass of girls to choose from.

- Background: I'm Korean American and so it was pretty easy to ride the whole k-pop wave mixed with the laidback LA vibe, but I noticed lots of white faces in the crowd. Taiwanese girls seem to have quite the positive reaction when it comes to Western attributes as I witnessed noticeable changes in girls' body language and response when they realized I wasn't a local by my accent.

- Approach style: Whenever I try to channel "high energy game" I always think of my buddy and fellow RVFer DVY. Worked great here, especially on Sunday night at Babe 18 which is student night. As the OP noted, local guys kind of use the "amoeba approach" - which sorta creeped me out as well - and the whole "tap her on the shoulder and give a big smile as she turns around" routine worked great. I don't think I've ever had so many "girls I think I can take home" choices in my queue in one night as I did that Sunday, and I almost fucked it up by being indecisive.

- The culture: I should say that one of the two girls that I boned is a Taiwanese American girl that my business contacts set me up with as a sort of informal tour guide. She's got a degree from a prestigious Ivy league school and makes big money there. She's also in her early 30's and although a solid 7/10 on my scale, constantly complained how she was essentially invisible to local guys because of the huge surplus of hot 18-22 year olds who they can choose freely from. Very easy to game this girl as usual and there was absolutely no LMR when we went up to my hotel room. Coming from LA where women have an extremely entitled view of themselves, this was INCREDIBLY refreshing.

Obviously, I'm speaking from a highly specific individual perspective, but I think if you lock down tight logistics in Xinyi or another party area, you have high energy game and you're obviously Western in appearance or demeanor, you should have a pretty good go at bedding these Taiwanese girls without too much issue. The gender roles, unique 1st world/2nd world confluence and their positive reactions towards Western culture is a huge boon for US/Europe based guys.

nice! thanks for sharing and props on the closes!

how would you compare the fashion style there to korean girls? Afternoons and evenings in Gangnam are a beautiful thing with maybe only Tokyo Shibuya comparable to it.

i also envy you were able to be in seoul back in 2004. ill check out that datasheet.

thanks again playa

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Holy(Muff)Diver - 08-25-2015

I understand LINE is the go-to app for people in Taiwan, similar to Japan. Is WeChat used there at all? Can you pull girls off of it there?

Also, is the metro system easy to navigate? Like as a Taiwan-newbie, would I easily be able to find my way from the airport to my hotel on the subway?

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - elgniak - 08-25-2015

I have been to korea ,japan and taiwan .
I think taiwanese girl is less sophisticated than korean girl in average but I find taiwanese girl more pretty naturally .

you should take the bus from the airport and go to taipei main station .
it s really cheap and it take one hour .
There is no MRT in airport .
i will be in taiwan in one month if someone want to meet

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - elcidcampeador - 08-25-2015

Quote: (08-25-2015 03:02 AM)Holy(Muff)Diver Wrote:  

I understand LINE is the go-to app for people in Taiwan, similar to Japan. Is WeChat used there at all? Can you pull girls off of it there?

Some use WeChat, although many don't use it I'm assuming because the Taiwanese have a fetish for everything that is Japanese (and in this case not PRC). Good luck pulling anything above a 5 off WeChat though.

I recommend using Skout in addition to Tinder. These are quite easy in Taipei as the competition is fairly low (same as Mainland essentially)

Quote: (08-25-2015 03:02 AM)Holy(Muff)Diver Wrote:  

Also, is the metro system easy to navigate? Like as a Taiwan-newbie, would I easily be able to find my way from the airport to my hotel on the subway?

Getting from the airport (TPE, TSA is located in the city center and has a fair number of flights to major Asian hubs) is pretty easy.

1. A taxi is usually around 1000 NT$, which is about $33 USD - the ride is quite long so it's fairly reasonable. Taxis in Taipei are a little bit more expensive than in Shanghai/Beijing, but not really.

2. An express bus which will cost you about 150 NT$. They have many routes that go to most of the major places of interest in the city. It will be quite easy to get a bus that will take you to an MRT station to get you closer to your hotel if it's in a non-central location.

3. Bus+Hi-speed rail combination. There is a shuttle bus that runs to the nearby hi-speed rail station to Taipei Main Station. The bus costs around 30 NT$ and the train costs 165 NT$. The time can be shorter than the bus if it's rush hour and the trains are nice (same as Mainland/Japan).

**Taipei's MRT Is their metro/subway, and it's very clean and user-friendly. No food allowed on it, and people are very respectful. One ride on the subway and you'll see why people in Taiwan refuse to believe that they are part of China. Taxis are also cheap and convenient. There's Uber too, but I've never had a problem with a Taipei cabbie before.

Also, Taiwanese girls are open to ONS (at least the ones you'll meet at the clubs and bars and online) and are quite interested in foreigners. They are also taller than Mainland girls while still having that obsession with weird cutesy Sino-Japanese fashion.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - Hedonistic Traveler - 08-26-2015

Are any of you guys ESL teachers?

I've been considering moving to Taiwan for a little to teach after Korea. I ended up staying to finish my contract even though Korea kinda blows. I'm traveling after but would probably try to move to Taiwan in February or March.

Is it a worthwhile place to spend 4 or 5 months? I don't want to do ESL for more than another year or so, so my plan is to check out two countries, for about half a year each. Is Taiwan a good candidate for one of them?

Other options are to head to Bangkok or Saigon. I have no real interest in China or Japan. I have to be in a biggish city cause of some school shit.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - booshala - 09-03-2015

Quote: (08-24-2015 07:22 PM)fucksong Wrote:  

Quote: (08-24-2015 06:01 AM)booshala Wrote:  

nice! thanks for sharing and props on the closes!

how would you compare the fashion style there to korean girls? Afternoons and evenings in Gangnam are a beautiful thing with maybe only Tokyo Shibuya comparable to it.

i also envy you were able to be in seoul back in 2004. ill check out that datasheet.

thanks again playa

Fashion-wise, I think Japan and Korea are one level above, but Taiwanese girls have cute style as well. TBH, some of the fashion-forward girls I've encountered in that industry seem like they're trying a little too hard, so I don't have a problem if a girl is just wearing something classic or universally attractive: e.g. cardigans, pencil skirts and my favorite: white body-con dresses.

The Ultimate Taipei, Taiwan Datasheet - DVY - 09-04-2015

Taipei is dope. Dress sharp. Be aggressive in approaching. High energy. Lots of smiles.

You'll clean shop.

I think I went 1/3 on the nights I went out, but I was having too much fun and just chilling and drinking. Jetlag didn't help.

I have all new fashion-forward gear from LA (rolled up sleeves, contrast lining) that will absolutely massacre it.

Last time I was rocking a blazer/slacks/loafers and girls came up to me to take pictures of ME. My girl was like WTF. Some chick basically threw herself at me in the club. Asian student girls were all eye-fking me. Its truly something else.

Only thing is what is up w/these crackdowns by police? Anybody know whats going on?