Roosh V Forum
Living in a different country - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Living in a different country (/thread-25978.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Living in a different country - Tony.5678 - 07-16-2013

Alright guys, Well I know technically speaking this isn't a careers advice website or expat forum but I figured I could ask it here.

I'm 19 and about to start University in September on a 3 year course. I've always wanted to live in another country, and once I have completed University here in England I hope to move and get a job overseas for a long time (probably forever). I am not certain where my future lies and exactly what I want as a career in the future but perhaps something in sport (my uni course) or even something not to do with my university course.

What I'm looking for - I know it is hard to have everything I want but in an ideal world:
- Nice climate - fairly warm yet not boiling all year round (60-82 fahrenheit, 15-30 in celcius)
- Happy, friendly, warm, inviting, not stressed people
- Healthy lifestyle - healthy eating, sport etc
- Welcoming for foreigners
- Good job opportunities
- Simple lifestyle
- People understand at least basic English (minimum) - I am prepared to learn a new language but it does help if I can at least communicate a bit in English!

Since this is a forum for banging - good looking girls in the country would be a bonus. And without trying to sound beta, one day I would hope to get married there so good LTR material.

After researching pretty much every country out there, some good ones I found are below. I haven't checked how easy it is for me to move there, live and work etc. But some general countries that seem to fit my requirements:

Chile
Nicaragua
Sweden (Stockholm) or Denmark (Copenhagen)
Cambodia - Phnom Penh
Laos - Vientiane
Macedonia - Skopje
New Zealand - Auckland
Australia - Brisbane, Adelaide
US - San Diego, Colorado, Honolulu (Hawaii), Sacramento (Cali)
Philippines - Davao City, maybe Cebu

Living in a different country - iknowexactly - 07-16-2013

I live near Sacramento and I like it a lot, girls aren't that bitchy, climate is warm , hot in summer but dry, access to world class symphony/ballet etc 75minutes away in San Francisco, rents aren't bad-- but my understanding is you would need a visa to work legally, you only have UK citizenship?

Living in a different country - WanderingSoul - 07-16-2013

Hah, I'm from around Sacramento also. It is a good place to live, with great weather. I think there are many more exciting places you could move to besides Sac though.

Living in a different country - worldwidetraveler - 07-16-2013

Quote: (07-16-2013 07:25 AM)Tony.5678 Wrote:  

After researching pretty much every country out there, some good ones I found are below. I haven't checked how easy it is for me to move there, live and work etc. But some general countries that seem to fit my requirements:

Work visa's will probably be your deciding factor. You can't just go and move to another country and start working without one.

Look in to work holiday programs. I am thinking at the age of 19 that may be your only way of getting a work visa.

Living in a different country - rinestone - 07-16-2013

Even your small English requirements will nix half the names on that list. Nicaragua and chile??? Forget about it, you could be describing Colombia but you'll probably have to take some Spanish in those three years and use your move to ge all the way fluent. Also depends on what you mean by good job opportunities. If you consider teaching English good, then you're fine. If you want better then that, you may have to hook up with an English or American company with offices in another country or vice versa or focus on a guy where you can work remotely, which is rapidly becoming more and more common.

Living in a different country - thegmanifesto - 07-16-2013

Quote: (07-16-2013 07:25 AM)Tony.5678 Wrote:  

What I'm looking for - I know it is hard to have everything I want but in an ideal world:
- Nice climate - fairly warm yet not boiling all year round (60-82 fahrenheit, 15-30 in celcius)
- Happy, friendly, warm, inviting, not stressed people
- Healthy lifestyle - healthy eating, sport etc
- Welcoming for foreigners
- Good job opportunities
- Simple lifestyle
- People understand at least basic English (minimum) - I am prepared to learn a new language but it does help if I can at least communicate a bit in English!

I see your list and San Diego and Sydney immediately come to mind.

Living in a different country - worldwidetraveler - 07-16-2013

Quote: (07-16-2013 10:31 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I see your list and San Diego and Sydney immediately come to mind.

I think Australia has a working holiday visa.

Living in a different country - The Fantasist - 07-16-2013

There isn't much point answering the question since you won't be going for three years and by the time three years is up you will most likely have different needs and priorities but I'll humour you.

Georgia ( country not state ).

- Nice climate - fairly warm yet not boiling all year round (60-82 fahrenheit, 15-30 in celcius) - TICK
- Happy, friendly, warm, inviting, not stressed people - TICK x 1000
- Healthy lifestyle - healthy eating, sport etc - TICK
- Welcoming for foreigners - TICK TICK TICK
- Good job opportunities - Cannot comment.
- Simple lifestyle - TICK
- People understand at least basic English (minimum) - I am prepared to learn a new language but it does help if I can at least communicate a bit in English! - Half a tick. In Tbilisi you'll be ok.

"Since this is a forum for banging - good looking girls in the country would be a bonus. And without trying to sound beta, one day I would hope to get married there so good LTR material."

Georgia is perfect for you in this regard. You won't bang a lot but you'll find a good LTR if you stay there.

Georgia is the most welcoming country in the world both on a personal level and governmental level IMO. We don't need visas and can stay 365 days a year with no problems. It's incredibly easy to open a business there ( not done it but read a lot of Georgian government sites about regulations ) for foreigners. Incredibly safe with just about the lowest crime rate in Europe ( http://www.justice.gov.ge/index.html?lang...sec_id=681 ) . Very cheap, very cheap! Can buy apartments in Tbilisi for $20,000. Direct flights to many European capitols. Tiblisi has undergone a regeneration and is a fine city now. Awesome food. Has beaches and mountains for outdoor pursuits. How much more do you want from a country?

If you don't like brunettes however don't bother.

Living in a different country - samsamsam - 07-16-2013

Quote: (07-16-2013 12:21 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

There isn't much point answering the question since you won't be going for three years and by the time three years is up you will most likely have different needs and priorities but I'll humour you.

Georgia ( country not state ).

- Nice climate - fairly warm yet not boiling all year round (60-82 fahrenheit, 15-30 in celcius) - TICK
- Happy, friendly, warm, inviting, not stressed people - TICK x 1000
- Healthy lifestyle - healthy eating, sport etc - TICK
- Welcoming for foreigners - TICK TICK TICK
- Good job opportunities - Cannot comment.
- Simple lifestyle - TICK
- People understand at least basic English (minimum) - I am prepared to learn a new language but it does help if I can at least communicate a bit in English! - Half a tick. In Tbilisi you'll be ok.

"Since this is a forum for banging - good looking girls in the country would be a bonus. And without trying to sound beta, one day I would hope to get married there so good LTR material."

Georgia is perfect for you in this regard. You won't bang a lot but you'll find a good LTR if you stay there.

Georgia is the most welcoming country in the world both on a personal level and governmental level IMO. We don't need visas and can stay 365 days a year with no problems. It's incredibly easy to open a business there ( not done it but read a lot of Georgian government sites about regulations ) for foreigners. Incredibly safe with just about the lowest crime rate in Europe ( http://www.justice.gov.ge/index.html?lang...sec_id=681 ) . Very cheap, very cheap! Can buy apartments in Tbilisi for $20,000. Direct flights to many European capitols. Tiblisi has undergone a regeneration and is a fine city now. Awesome food. Has beaches and mountains for outdoor pursuits. How much more do you want from a country?

If you don't like brunettes however don't bother.

Vorkuta, thanks as always for the info. What type of monthly bankroll would one need to live there? Incredible that apartments are that cheap!

For those interested - Georgia thread http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6073-page-2.html

Are things pretty stable now between Russia and Georgia?

+1000 on brunettes

-

It doesn't get colder than that?

Quote:Quote:

What does "ok" mean? You can order food, but a conversation you are f*cked?

What could you compare it to?

Do you need to speak Georgian or Russian to really get by?

We don't need visas and can stay 365 days a year with no problems.

Is this also true for Americans? Or just UK? (I have a UK passport also).

Has beaches and mountains for outdoor pursuits.

Which beach towns do you recommend so I can do some research?

It gets colder than that in Tbilisi and elevated areas but not on the coast IIRC. It certainly doesn't get typical EE winters.

Ok means younger generation are pretty decent speakers but older generation don't speak it. No foreigner speaks Georgian ( kind of ) and plenty get by there so you're good to go.

You have a UK passport?! Mind blown. It is true for Americans yes. Turn up spend a year, leave for a day and go back for another year.

Batumi is the big one. I have not been and have heard mixed reports. Videos make it look good but I've also heard it's over run with Turks.

Quote: (07-16-2013 12:38 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Vorkuta, thanks as always for the info. What type of monthly bankroll would one need to live there? Incredible that apartments are that cheap!

+1000 on brunettes

No probs.

Difficult to be precise since I've only been for short stays but I'd say that although you could probably do it on very little cash ( local wages are pretty shitty ), to have your own place and a good time you would want a €1000 a month. That's just my guess though. I take taxis everywhere, eat out all the time, drink a lot on nights out etc. others might be able to have a blast on €700? I think Prosal has been more than me and might be able to answer the question better.

I think they are stable. I first went last summer and even crossing into Abkhazia things were cool. I crossed into Ossetia this year on the newly opened Rus/Geo border crossing so that has to be a good sign. Lots of Russian tourists in Tbilisi too with visas abolished. I'd say you'd be ok.

Living in a different country - samsamsam - 07-16-2013

Quote: (07-16-2013 01:01 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

+1000 on brunettes

No probs.

Difficult to be precise since I've only been for short stays but I'd say that although you could probably do it on very little cash ( local wages are pretty shitty ), to have your own place and a good time you would want a €1000 a month. That's just my guess though. I take taxis everywhere, eat out all the time, drink a lot on nights out etc. others might be able to have a blast on €700? I think Prosal has been more than me and might be able to answer the question better.

I think they are stable. I first went last summer and even crossing into Abkhazia things were cool. I crossed into Ossetia this year on the newly opened Rus/Geo border crossing so that has to be a good sign. Lots of Russian tourists in Tbilisi too with visas abolished. I'd say you'd be ok.

Did you see any non-white tourists passing through? If there were, can you comment on any observations of their experiences? Hate to make race an issue but it matters in some places. Many thanks.

Living in a different country - Prosal - 07-16-2013

How much more do you want from a country?

Tbilisi would be the only place in the world where I'd really like to relocate. An enthralling culture, welcoming and honest people, fabulous food and wines, a very enjoyable old city with plenty of nice cafes and restaurants with outdoor terraces, wonderful villages like Sighnaghi not to too far, plenty of wineyards to visit, a nice coast at 300 km to relax and party, a good climate, ect.

Most people don't know that Tbilisi is the most well-preserved and architecturally significant major city of the FSU. It gorgeously lies between the mountains and the banks of the Kura River and the setting is truly superb. The demographics are diverse and historically it has been home to people from many different cultures, religions and ethnicities.Tbilisi is one of the few places in the world (with Sarajevo and Tashkent)where a synagogue, a church and a mosque are located next to each other. It is nicknamed "the Jewel of the Caucasus" and is undoubtedly the most attractive of that part of the world. Georgian architecture is a surprising mixture of different influences including Persian, Ottoman, Greek and Russian. Tbilissi is a great city of depth and character which has definitely an undeniable charm.

Also the girls in Georgia are something to behold. They are the result of generations and generations of mixing between Southeast Europeans, Persians, Russians, Turks, Tatars, and other indistinct ethnicities. The product is a sea of tall and thin white skinned jet-black haired brunettes with beautiful eyes and hot russian bodies. Absolutely exotic. And I agree with you those girls are perfect for LTR. Those Caucasus (georgian, armenian, chechen, dagestanese, ingush) societies are very marriage-orientated and family-orientated traditional societies, and women act accordingly. If I was seeking a wife, I'd choose one of this genealogy. They are passionate and loyal, and take pride in being a good woman, wife and mother.

Is there an expat scene there?

Anyone know anyone that has relocated there?

As an exemple, a cocktail at the (recently opened) Buddha-Bar costs between 5 and 7 €. It is the most expensive venue in town. At the Kiev branch, it's (I think) four times more expensive.

Quote: (07-16-2013 01:18 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Yeah I know a Brit who lived there and loved it to bits. He has told me some tales from the 'sexpat' scene there.

Prosal I found a house for sale in Signagi:

http://place.ge/en/ads/view/207453

$95,000 USD, 5 bedrooms, ideal place to convert to a bespoke guest house/restaurant. That is the sort of lifestyle project I would happily invest in.

Living in a different country - Hencredible Casanova - 07-16-2013

One of my homies is a black dude from LA out there right now. I actually wired some funds to his address there last week.

He said it's kinda wack. Batumi is better than Tbilis for nightlife but he also said the government is fucking everything up in Georgia. He recommended I check out Kiev or Vilnius.

For Georgia, it's very easy for Americans to visit. You can get a 360-day visa upon entry.

Just to confirm, I don't really care too much about history and stuff like that so it doesn't need to be a city full of history and museums etc.
Also I would prefer it if there is a large generation of young people in the area as opposed to many 50+ people.

As a side note, I find the georgian alphabet very elegant.

I tried to learn it, without success) ..... as a side note, what is fascinating in the Caucasus is that more than 50 ethnic groups still call the Caucasus home, and that people who live sometimes at only 40 kilometers from each other don't speak the same language, don't use the same alphabet, and understand each other just when they speak russian.

Chechens don't speak the same language as Dagestani, who don't speak the same language as Ingushs, who don't speak the same language as Georgians, who don't speak the same language as Azerbaijani, who don't speak the same language as Ossetians, ect ect ect (not even talking of the sub-groups in each language family -North Caucasian languages, Ibero-Caucasian languages, Turk-Caucasian languages, ect). Even in just one republic, it can exist several dozen ethnic groups and subgroups who speak different languages, like in Dagestan where there is Avars, Dargins, Kumyks, Azeri, Lezgins, Laks, ect.

Stalin has a lot to do with that situation, as he created those independant republics and states (Georgians, Armenians and Azeri are the only Caucasian people that have their own independent states, others have republics within the Russian Federation) under the principle "one people, one alphabet, one language, one nation". Soviet linguists even created specific alphabets for some ethnic groups that had a language but no alphabet, based on Cyrillic letters or a modified Latin alphabet.

"Imagine finding yourself in a predominantly mountainous region that is about the size of Spain. To your amazement, you discover dozens of different nations, each with its own language and alphabet. Why, in some places, people living in neighboring villages cannot understand one another! Medieval geographers must have felt similar amazement, for one described just such a region—the Caucasus—as “a mountain of tongues". Straddling the Caucasus Mountains between the Black and Caspian seas, this region’s location is at a crossroads of continents and civilizations, which has given it a long history and rich culture. Its people are known for their respect for older ones, their love of dance, and their warm hospitality. But many visitors find the most fascinating aspect of the Caucasus to be its wide variety of ethnic groups and languages—more languages, in fact, than are spoken in any other region of its size."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...en.svg.png

Sorry for the thread hijack Tony; [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (07-16-2013 01:31 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

One of my homies is a black dude from LA out there right now. I actually wired some funds to his address there last week.

He said it's kinda wack. Batumi is better than Tbilis for nightlife but he also said the government is fucking everything up in Georgia. He recommended I check out Kiev or Vilnius.

For Georgia, it's very easy for Americans to visit. You can get a 360-day visa upon entry.

Do you know why he said it was wack?

Living in a different country - Partizan - 07-16-2013

Quote: (07-16-2013 01:14 PM)Prosal Wrote:  

How much more do you want from a country?

Tbilisi would be the only place in the world where I'd really like to relocate. An enthralling culture, welcoming and honest people, fabulous food and wines, a very enjoyable old city with plenty of nice cafes and restaurants with outdoor terraces, wonderful villages like Sighnaghi not to too far, plenty of wineyards to visit, a nice coast at 300 km to relax and party, a good climate, ect.

Most people don't know that Tbilisi is the most well-preserved and architecturally significant major city of the FSU. It gorgeously lies between the mountains and the banks of the Kura River and the setting is truly superb. The demographics are diverse and historically it has been home to people from many different cultures, religions and ethnicities.Tbilisi is one of the few places in the world (with Sarajevo and Tashkent)where a synagogue, a church and a mosque are located next to each other. It is nicknamed "the Jewel of the Caucasus" and is undoubtedly the most attractive of that part of the world. Georgian architecture is a surprising mixture of different influences including Persian, Ottoman, Greek and Russian. Tbilissi is a great city of depth and character which has definitely an undeniable charm.

Also the girls in Georgia are something to behold. They are the result of generations and generations of mixing between Southeast Europeans, Persians, Russians, Turks, Tatars, and other indistinct ethnicities. The product is a sea of tall and thin white skinned jet-black haired brunettes with beautiful eyes and hot russian bodies. Absolutely exotic. And I agree with you those girls are perfect for LTR. Those Caucasus (georgian, armenian, chechen, dagestanese, ingush) societies are very marriage-orientated and family-orientated traditional societies, and women act accordingly. If I was seeking a wife, I'd choose one of this genealogy. They are passionate and loyal, and take pride in being a good woman, wife and mother.

Proper report. I have never been to Georgia but having met Georgians abroad and if their hospitality, food and wine is anything to go by, one will be completely blown away by the real thing in the home country. Georgia is on my to do list. Expats with a few shekels to spend should consider visiting the place and maybe do an English teaching gig there. One should check out Abkhazia as well. Good reports from there too.

Hmmm, now that gives me an idea.

Living in a different country - chinadawg - 07-16-2013

Ive always wanted to visit Georgia, now want to more. My Dad did business there during the Cold War and loved it.

My thread has gone really off track to a discussion about Georgia!

Living in a different country - Partizan - 07-16-2013

Quote: (07-16-2013 04:57 PM)Tony.5678 Wrote:  

My thread has gone really off track to a discussion about Georgia!

I think you should take the hint.