Roosh V Forum
Will I go bald? - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Will I go bald? (/thread-25003.html)

Pages: 1 2

Will I go bald? - The Beast1 - 06-19-2013

Not too particularly worried about going bald. I have a full head of hear.

But I've been trying to find some non-BS sources on baldness. Most of the stuff I have found online hasn't been particularly informational or worse, is just an annoying article on, "Hair does not make the man" blah.

Wikipedia has helped some what, but what do our "bro-scientists" here in the manosphere have to say about it?

Will I go bald? - presidentcarter - 06-19-2013

I'd be interested in some hard science on this as well. I've always heard that your "hair genes" come from your maternal side, but seems to be the opposite with me...so far.

Another thing I've wondered about...does buzzing your hair (~#1-3 guard) result in more rapid hair loss? What about shaving (not that I do that)?

Will I go bald? - MikeCF - 06-19-2013

Every man loses 50-100 hairs a day. Your hair will thin. That's why even older guys with a full hairline have thinner hair.

If you're worried about it, take Propecia. Just watch out for sexual side effects.

Will I go bald? - PoosyWrecker - 06-19-2013

There are 3 proven hair loss treatments:

Propecia / Finasteride
Rogaine / Minoxidil
Ketoconazole shampoo (only if scalp is itchy)

I use Rogaine with good results, while saving up for hair transplantation surgery as a permanent solution.

Will I go bald? - UgSlayer - 06-19-2013

Quote: (06-19-2013 06:35 PM)PoosyWrecker Wrote:  

Propecia / Finasteride
Rogaine / Minoxidil

I use Rogaine with good results, while saving up for hair transplantation surgery as a permanent solution.

I started using ketonazole shampoo after I got ringworm on my neck from wrestling and jiu jitsu back in high school. I have a full head of hair, but I noticed that it seemed thicker after a couple weeks of use.

I also read that ketonazole lowers testosterone, but I'd assume it's only if it is taken orally.

Will I go bald? - augen sehen - 06-19-2013

I took Propecia for some time and it made my dick wilt like a flower in the desert. I swore off that shit after a couple of weeks but it probably works for some people.

Some bodybuilders apparently take Propecia along with synthetic T to counter the effects of excessive DHT.

Will I go bald? - w00t - 06-20-2013

Quote: (06-19-2013 07:07 PM)augen sehen Wrote:  

I took Propecia for some time and it made my dick wilt like a flower in the desert. I swore off that shit after a couple of weeks but it probably works for some people.

Some bodybuilders apparently take Propecia along with synthetic T to counter the effects of excessive DHT.

Its shit like this that turns me off from propecia!
It sucks but Id rather go bald like Hunter Thompson.

Will I go bald? - Architekt - 06-20-2013

Quote: (06-20-2013 02:16 AM)w00t Wrote:  

It sucks but Id rather go bald like Hunter Thompson.

Why not go bald like Devin Townsend? Skullets all up in here

[Image: ngbbs4f3f73cf4a58c.jpg]

Will I go bald? - Frank Mackey - 06-20-2013

I'm taking propecia for more than 10 years and I don't have any complaint as far as sex goes... the pills are the only thing that is confirmed to work. Minoxidil also helps but you need to take the propecia pills also in order to have satisfactory results most of the times.

Will I go bald? - Therapsid - 06-20-2013

Minoxidil also causes impotence like propecia. According to the companies who make the stuff only a minority of men suffer sexual side-effects, but anecdotally it seems like most guys experience it.

If I take minoxidil I notice the effect on my sex drive literally the next day. It's not worth it if you notice this side effect, not unless you're going to work in North Dakota and are going to be away from the game for a long while.

Will I go bald? - w00t - 06-20-2013

The possible side-effects seem to be pretty heavy too, ranging from impotence, shrivelling dick, heavy depression to bitchtits.
Im a vain basterd but somehow I dont wanna take the gamble on it.

Will I go bald? - augen sehen - 06-20-2013

The problem is not the immediate effect of impotence which can actually be a good thing when you can't have release (such as in North Dakota) but rather that it can become permanent impotence if you notice it and keep taking the pills.

Will I go bald? - metalhaze - 06-21-2013

I was insecure about going bald, but now not so much because
a) workout and chaning my bodycomposition fits well with a shaved head
b)am tall, very few can see what's up there
c) I like to wear stylish hats
d) when am on a date, I put some dermmatch and nanogen, NOBODY ever called me on it ;-)

the pills work but too many anecdotal experience point that it will affect the sex drive in some ppl.

btw not all women are against bald men, take note, and try to aim for the vin diesel look (btw he is not that tall)

Will I go bald? - Therapsid - 06-21-2013

One piece of advice I have is for guys starting to get receding hairlines - don't be too quick to shave it all off.

While the shaved head look can work well for some guys, sometimes men are too quick to jump the gun and lop it all off.

This is the result of the dread of being the guy with a comb-over. But frankly, I see plenty of guys who when you look closely have a receding hairline but that otherwise give the impression of having a full head of hair. It'd be asinine for guys like this to shave it off before their time.

And when you think about the number of girls you'll pick up at night it becomes even more obvious that you don't need to be too hyper-vigilent about this. In a bar or club a guy can pull off having a full head of hair even if he's receding. I suspect guys are more conscious about this sort of thing than girls are. And if you're aiming for same nights, who the hell cares what she thinks when she closely examines you in the full light of day?

TLDR: Don't shave your head until it's obviously receding even from a distance, unless you have the head shape and skin tone which makes a shaved head look good regardless.

Will I go bald? - Screwston - 06-21-2013

My 8th grade science teacher told our class that you get it inherit your hair genes or whatever it's called from your grandpa on your mom's side. Mine still has a lot of hair for being his age but I could care less since I buzz my head every couple of weeks.

Will I go bald? - Samseau - 06-21-2013

Quote: (06-20-2013 10:01 AM)Therapsid Wrote:  

Minoxidil also causes impotence like propecia. According to the companies who make the stuff only a minority of men suffer sexual side-effects, but anecdotally it seems like most guys experience it.

If I take minoxidil I notice the effect on my sex drive literally the next day. It's not worth it if you notice this side effect, not unless you're going to work in North Dakota and are going to be away from the game for a long while.

How does Minoxidil hurt your sex drive? Isn't it a topical substance?

[Image: huh.gif]

Will I go bald? - Brodiaga - 06-21-2013

I already have a little bit of gray hair (early 30s). If i go bold, I'll just shave my fucking head and save on haircuts.

Will I go bald? - Wayout - 06-21-2013

Why take pills or use weird shampoos when you can have a top of the line hair transplant surgery ( permanent solution as someone said) for under 10k! It's easier to make that much money. Go to Bangkok and you'll have a pick of good doctors!

Will I go bald? - bacon - 06-21-2013

Quote: (06-21-2013 07:13 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2013 10:01 AM)Therapsid Wrote:  

How does Minoxidil hurt your sex drive? Isn't it a topical substance?

[Image: huh.gif]

Well, I have baldness on bothsides of my parents family and thanks to minoxidol, which I have used every morning after the shower since freshman year college, I still have a full head of hair(my younger brother is basically bald and has never used it). I have never had any issues with it affecting my sex drive.[Image: banana.gif]

I have never used propecia or anything else besides minoxidiol.

Will I go bald? - Que enspastic - 06-21-2013

Quote: (06-19-2013 06:35 PM)PoosyWrecker Wrote:  

Propecia / Finasteride
Rogaine / Minoxidil

i'm using rogaine now. it has stopped my hairline from receding. i'm a level 3 on the hairloss index.

will cost me $8000 to get hair surgery in bangkok, according to quote i got last time i was there. don't have $8000 to put into my hair but by 26 i should have the amount needed.

money helps buy looks which help game.

Will I go bald? - babelfish669 - 06-22-2013

I've banged a lot more girls without hair than with. Spend the time, money, effort, and worry on staying in shape.

Will I go bald? - Que enspastic - 06-22-2013

already in shape.

doesn't take much time, effort or worry to get hairline restored.

just money.

Will I go bald? - MikeCF - 06-22-2013

KrauserPUA has the worst hair in the manosphere and he is murdering the game.

Losing your hair is a lot like most things. If you don't make a big deal out of it, neither will girls.

Will I go bald? - Aliblahba - 06-22-2013

Masturbate until your palms are hairy, then transplant that to your head.

Will I go bald? - jimukr104 - 06-22-2013

To be honest in the end most folks do not have enough grafts for a full set of hair. Basically you are paying to look like you are balding. You be better off getting a good hairpiece. In NYC a lot of business guys, model ,actors wear them. They look Better than the hair that non bald folks get.