Roosh V Forum
Peru or Colombia - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Peru or Colombia (/thread-23837.html)

Pages: 1 2

Peru or Colombia - bw220 - 05-13-2013

Hi guys! I'm kind of a newbie traveler and I just wanted to get some opinions on a trip I want to take this summer. Just for some background I'm a 21-year old American who has never been outside of the US and Canada, aside from a very brief trip to Panama a few years ago. I have a free flight I want to use to go on a 18-20 day trip during my summer break, and after looking up some old posts on here I'm trying to decide between Peru and Colombia.

I have pretty decent Spanish, but as a student I'll be on a tight budget. From what I've read it looks like Colombian girls are significantly more attractive, but that staying in Colombia would be more expensive. A big draw for Peru is that I've always wanted to see Machu Picchu. I was just wondering if anyone who has been to both countries could offer up any suggestions on which I should visit, and maybe on how big the gap between Colombian and Peruvian girls really is.

Peru or Colombia - InternationPlayboy - 05-13-2013

This really depends on what you're looking for. They are pretty damn close to the same price. to be honest, Peru may actually be more expensive. If you want to have fun going out and meeting girls, no question, it's simple, Colombia. If you want to see cool sights I'm guessing Peru, but I haven't even checked out the cool sights in either country, and don't sleep on Colombia for a cool trip outside of picking up, because I hear of some great places there as well.

You ask how big the gap between Colombian and Peruvian girls really is. FUCKING HUGE. It would be like comparing this girl...

[Image: attachment.jpg12053]   

to this girl...

[Image: attachment.jpg12055]   

There is no comparison. When it comes to women, Colombia wins by a long shot. Trust me, the prices are really close, and to be quite honest if anything I would say Peru is slightly more expensive. For sure cabs are more expensive in Peru. Plus in Peru they are always trying to rip off gringos. I never got that in Colombia.

This is all assuming you'll be staying in nice neighborhoods, which if you aren't, that's a pretty bad move on your part. It's almost the same price to stay in a nice neighborhood after taking taxis back and forth, plus taking into account safety.

Last thing, how good is your Spanish? If you aren't good at Spanish Peru is a better bet. I would imagine Colombia being very tough with no Spanish. If you speak decent, Colombians are very easy to understand. A big negative if you don't know Spanish in Peru is, even if you'll be able to talk to more people, the taxi drivers and many other people will try their hardest to rip you off and you won't be able to negotiate well. All cabs in Peru are negotiated before hand.

Peru or Colombia - Dulceácido - 05-13-2013

This is a complete no-brainer. If you want to see hot chicks, Colombia wins hands-down every single time. Of course, if you want to see Machu Pichu...

Quote: (05-13-2013 12:29 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

This is a complete no-brainer. If you want to see hot chicks, Colombia wins hands-down every single time. Of course, if you want to see Machu Pichu...

Yeah, I mean that's the best way to put it. There just really is no comparison. For people to say Peru has good girls is shocking to me. Shit, if you were going to ask me if you should visit Denver (Or pretty much any city I've been to in the US for that matter) or Peru in terms of women, I'd suggest Denver. Really, Peru is terrible for women. I mean obviously you will find nice ones here and there, but the average girl is ugly. To be honest, the girl I posted in the first picture above would be above average for Peruvian standards.

Quote: (05-13-2013 12:29 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Yeah I definitely want to see Machu Picchu sometime, but I guess it'll be there later. I want to take another longer trip through S.A. next summer, so maybe I could visit then. I had no clue the girls were that much better in Colombia.

Quote: (05-13-2013 12:41 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Yeah, I mean that's the best way to put it. There just really is no comparison. For people to say Peru has good girls is shocking to me. Shit, if you were going to ask me if you should visit Denver (Or pretty much any city I've been to in the US for that matter) or Peru in terms of women, I'd suggest Denver. Really, Peru is terrible for women. I mean obviously you will find nice ones here and there, but the average girl is ugly. To be honest, the girl I posted in the first picture above would be above average for Peruvian standards.
Yeah that Peruvian girl was pretty awful, I'd be disappointed if that's what the majority of the country was like. I'm thinking I'll go with Colombia this summer. Thanks for the advice.

Anyone else who wants to chime in please do so!

Seriously, I'm pretty sure anyone who's been to both countries would agree, and if not that person has very different taste than the average man.

Peru or Colombia - LostAwake - 05-13-2013

Good points by Playboy. Never been to Colombia so I'll leave it to the more experienced members.
In terms of Peru, I visited a ex-gf in Lima a few years back. Definitely not that cheap. If you want to hit up clubs/lounges and nice restaurants, they can be pricey. Avoid an area called Larcomar in Lima like the plague. In the voice of Admiral Akbar: It's a (tourist) trap! Prices of restaurants there are comparable to NYC, Boston, or Chicago.
Although my ex-gf is as hot as the Colombianas, girls with her looks are more rare. The majority of the Peruvian girls have "native" blood and look accordingly.
Also hooked up with a 1/4 japanese-Peruvian girl while there...on the second date. In my experience, Peruvian girls are shy and conservative in bed...the opposite of what I hear about Colombians.
So if you want to see the sights like machu picchu, go to Peru. You can probably hook up with hostel girls. It's also not cheap to go to machu picchu. If you want hotter girls that are good in bed, go to Colombia.

Yeah LostAwake, you do get a lot of those 1/4 asian Peruvian girls in Lima. Larco Mar actually has a couple good spots to be honest. And yes, also from my experience as well, Peruvian girls aren't great in bed. To be 100% honest, I was meeting better prospects at my hostel than I was seeing around town in Lima.

I would love to see Machu Pichu, but that endeavor can turn into a total shit-show:

My best friend and his wife went to see it and on their way there, there were heavy rains resulting in a mud slide that blocked the only path for them to return. Machu Pichu was closed due to the weather and they got stuck for 4 days in a tiny little mountain village along with all the other tourist in the tour buses. Had to stay there and wait for the road to be cleared. The place was overcrowded. They had no place to stay. No ATM's. His wife caught pneumonia... And they were only on a one week trip, so they barely made it back in time to catch their flight home. Never saw Machu Pichu. LOL!

I tried to go to Machu Pichu once and there was a terrorist attack on the route that day (this was probably 13 years ago) and the road was closed--not nearly the same magnitude of inconvenience as the story above, but I never saw Machu Pichu either.
I'm certainly not saying these things happen often, but I am saying if you only have a short period of time and you wanna have fun--Machu Pichu can go south real quick and you'd be regretting not gazing at some hot Colombianas while you're sitting in the freezing rain of Lima surrounded by chubby 2's/3's...

Quote: (05-13-2013 01:06 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I would love to see Machu Pichu, but that endeavor can turn into a total shit-show:

My best friend and his wife went to see it and on their way there, there were heavy rains resulting in a mud slide that blocked the only path for them to return. Machu Pichu was closed due to the weather and they got stuck for 4 days in a tiny little mountain village along with all the other tourist in the tour buses. Had to stay there and wait for the road to be cleared. The place was overcrowded. They had no place to stay. No ATM's. His wife caught pneumonia... And they were only on a one week trip, so they barely made it back in time to catch their flight home. Never saw Machu Pichu. LOL!

I tried to go to Machu Pichu once and there was a terrorist attack on the route that day (this was probably 13 years ago) and the road was closed--not nearly the same magnitude of inconvenience as the story above, but I never saw Machu Pichu either.
I'm certainly not saying these things happen often, but I am saying if you only have a short period of time and you wanna have fun--Machu Pichu can go south real quick and you'd be regretting not gazing at some hot Colombianas while you're sitting in the freezing rain of Lima surrounded by chubby 2's/3's...

Yep, this is part of the reason I didn't go. I was in Lima in Feb. which happens to be the rainiest month of the year. The inca trail is closed and it's a gamble whether or not you'd even be able to see the ruins if you did make it because of the clouds and storms. I guess it may have been worth it to see Cusco though. But I would have rather just chilled in Lima with my boy I don't get to see very often and have a good time.

So ask yourself: What's my motivation to travel to those countries? Would I rather see machu picchu or bang some hot colombianas? Which route would satisfy me more? Figure out your true motivation (be honest), weigh the pros and cons, then make your decision.

Colombia would actually be cheaper. Btw, what city will you be flying out of?

Quote: (05-13-2013 01:26 AM)LostAwake Wrote:  

So ask yourself: What's my motivation to travel to those countries? Would I rather see machu picchu or bang some hot colombianas? Which route would satisfy me more? Figure out your true motivation (be honest), weigh the pros and cons, then make your decision.

I'd be flying out of DC/Baltimore. What would you budget for a Colombia trip? I had assumed it'd by way more than Peru.

Quote: (05-13-2013 01:45 AM)bw220 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2013 01:26 AM)LostAwake Wrote:  

I'd be flying out of DC/Baltimore. What would you budget for a Colombia trip? I had assumed it'd by way more than Peru.

Well how long do you plan on staying? Obviously your budget depends on where you plan on staying (Hostel, hotel, apt.). Plus the plane tickets to Colombia is much cheaper. Colombia would definitely be a bit cheaper.

The cost would depend on your travel plans. How long you staying? Which city? Will you be staying in one city for your entire trip? Where will you live...hostel or rental apartment? I recommend airbnb if you want to bring girls back and you have the cash. I believe ticket prices are cheaper for Colombia than Peru...about $500 for Colombia. Check kayak to be sure. Will you be hitting the clubs and bars hard? Eating at nice restaurants? Seeing the sights?

Ok so I checked your first post. Free flight with 18-20 days...got it. First time out of the country. If I were you, don't make the rookie mistake of trying to hit all the major cities and sights. Stick to one or two cities. Get to know a city and its people. Build some friendships/social circle...you'll get invited to parties. Bogota is high above sea level so it can be chilly year round and jackets will be needed. Medellin, the city of the eternal spring, is subtropical in temperature...average annual temp of 72 degrees...range between 59 to 86. Cali is on the coast and humid and hot.
Biggest problem you'll probably encounter is pickpockets. Watch your shit!

Peru or Colombia - Nacirema - 05-13-2013

I've spent roughly a year between Colombia and Peru, in multiple cities.

If you took the average middle-class Peruvian from Lima and had them walk down the street in any middle-class part of Medellin, nobody would know the difference. And vice versa.

The cultural and physical differences between Colombians and Peruvians are much more pronounced at the lower rungs of society i.e. poorer urban dwellers, and people who live outside the cities.

Quote: (05-13-2013 02:21 AM)Nacirema Wrote:  

I've spent roughly a year between Colombia and Peru, in multiple cities.

If you took the average middle-class Peruvian from Lima and had them walk down the street in any middle-class part of Medellin, nobody would know the difference. And vice versa.

The cultural and physical differences between Colombians and Peruvians are much more pronounced at the lower rungs of society i.e. poorer urban dwellers, and people who live outside the cities.

I just can't agree here. Most middle class, and even a high number of upper class Peruvian girls are ugly. I know and met quite a few upper class Peruvian girls, and most of them are ugly. The difference between walking in Kennedy Park and Lleras Park is huge (Mira Flores/Poblado). Also, in Colombia you'll find many poor girls that are hot, in Peru not so much. I'm being 100% truthful when I say that I believe the women in just about any city in the US are better than Peru. I for sure could not say the same thing about Colombia. Maybe it's all taste and preference, but seriously, going from Colombia to Peru for me was like being in a whole other planet in terms of women, and you know I went right from one to the other (Only a week in between in Ecuador). I was just shocked at how even in the richer neighborhoods it was hard to find attractive girls in Lima. You know as well as I do, Lleras on a Friday night is PACKED with stunning broads. I just can't say the same thing about Parque Kennedy. I could do a lap Kennedy, which is 5 times the size of Lleras and not see a girl worth approaching. In Lleras, you'd see 10-20. The only way I could agree with this statement is if you were saying the hotest of hot peruvians could compare with the hotest of hot Colombians, yes, I agree. That could be said about any country on earth. Hell, there may be a girl in Bolivia that is hotter the the hottest girl in Colombia, but by percentages, there's no comparison. WAYYY more Colombian girls are good looking than Peruvian girls. Plus Colombian girls are cooler, even though they can be a headache. Peruvians girls are too conservative and don't seem to know how to have as much fun.

To OP, 18-20 days, I'll say take a good $1500 if you want to have a good time. I spent around 2500-3000 in a month. That was including my apartment.

Peru or Colombia - username - 05-13-2013

I've been to Peru and I agree with InternationPlayboy. Literally you can walk around all day and see maybe one attractive girl and most likely she is with her boyfriend. Hell, I spent like 3 or 4 hours visiting the zoo in Lima and I don't think I saw one attractive girl the whole time.

Peru or Colombia - WestCoast - 05-13-2013

Quote: (05-13-2013 02:46 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

To OP, 18-20 days, I'll say take a good $1500 if you want to have a good time. I spent around 2500-3000 in a month. That was including my apartment.

Damn. You've seriously swayed me to avoid Peru. One of the best short term flings I have had was Peruvian/German from miraflores... Must have been a fluke.

Where did you get your apartment btw? Seems cheap for a month.

Peru or Colombia - thegmanifesto - 05-13-2013

Isn't there some reasons to go to Peru VS Colombia?

Ie hanging out at the beach and surfing VS day gaming in f*cking malls and meeting girls on ColombianStupid.com ?

West coast, that 2500-3000 was in Colombia. I stayed at a hostel in Peru. I was in poblado. I ended up paying a little more than I should have because I didn't know the deal with airbnb so I originally booked 2 weeks instead of getting the deal for the month. Still it was maybe only $200 more. I would plan on spending about the same in Peru. You could definitely budget and make it cheaper, but I was on vacation and having fun, so I wasn't necessarily trying to budget.

G of course there's more reasons to go to Peru. It's not a bad place, I'm not saying I didn't like it, I had a great time. Alls I'm saying is the women are ugly. If op is looking for women it's a no brainer, Colombia. But even in terms of just having fun Colombia was better IMO. Peruvians definitely aren't as warm.

Quote: (05-13-2013 08:28 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Ie hanging out at the beach and surfing VS day gaming in f*cking malls and meeting girls on ColombianStupid.com ?

Another thing that you have to consider is July is full-blown winter in S. America. The weather in Lima is total shyte. Rainy, overcast, cold, and extra shitty. So, it's not like there are going to be a lot of people hanging out on the beach... Wouldn't surprise me if you ended up day gaming in a mall in Miraflores and hitting up latinamercanstupid.com.

Medellín, on the other hand, will be lovely.

Peru or Colombia - Tigre - 05-13-2013

Quote: (05-13-2013 08:28 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

You might get faster lays in Peru from night game*. Colombian nightlife is great fun - but then you often need a day 2 and a day 3 before you fuck.

*Disclaimer: My experience is only in Colombia and I haven't been to Peru #dashglobal. But everything I hear is about guys pulling girls for one nighters from the bars in Peru. In Colombia that is rare.

Peru or Colombia - WestCoast - 05-13-2013

Thanks InternationPlayboy

To clarify you're suggesting using airbnb for Colombia?

To answer the G's question, I would say Peruvian food is much better than Colombian paprika lacen rice food. But this is a player forum and apparently the women there are ugly.

Quote: (05-13-2013 10:33 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

West coast, that 2500-3000 was in Colombia. I stayed at a hostel in Peru. I was in poblado. I ended up paying a little more than I should have because I didn't know the deal with airbnb so I originally booked 2 weeks instead of getting the deal for the month. Still it was maybe only $200 more. I would plan on spending about the same in Peru. You could definitely budget and make it cheaper, but I was on vacation and having fun, so I wasn't necessarily trying to budget.

G of course there's more reasons to go to Peru. It's not a bad place, I'm not saying I didn't like it, I had a great time. Alls I'm saying is the women are ugly. If op is looking for women it's a no brainer, Colombia. But even in terms of just having fun Colombia was better IMO. Peruvians definitely aren't as warm.