Roosh V Forum
Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died (/thread-23510.html)

Pages: 1 2

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Bronan the Barbarian! - 05-02-2013

Slayer guitarist and founding member Jeff Hanneman died today of liver failure. Slayer was one of the first metal bands I ever got into and remain one of my favorites. Jeff wrote a majority of Slayer's best material and it's a sad day for the metal world. RIP

http://www.metalinsider.net/in-memoriam/...away-at-49

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Parlay44 - 05-02-2013

m/(~_~)m/

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Hotwheels - 05-02-2013

[Image: 92036971.jpg]

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - WesternCancer - 05-02-2013

Fuck

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Stun - 05-02-2013

Indeed.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - soup - 05-02-2013

He died of liver failure from what?

If it's drinking, then he had it coming to him.

I drink everyday.. stories like this give me pause

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - K Galt - 05-02-2013

Slayer was one of the first metal bands I ever got into and remain one of my favorites.

Damn, me too Bronan. I bought Reign In Blood when I was 13 years old.

Glad I got to see them in concert, when they came here for the Divine Intervention tour. Just wish I could have seen the original lineup with Dave Lombardo.

RIP Jeff

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Hades - 05-02-2013

I heard he died from a necrotic spider bite. His arm was infected badly enough to require amputation but his liver failed while in a medically induced coma. That's pretty metal.

RIP Jeff, Slayer's been one of my favorites for years.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Titan - 05-02-2013

Noooooooooooooo fuck that shit. Slayer introduced me to metal [Image: sad.gif]

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - K Galt - 05-02-2013

He died of liver failure from what?

Liver failure is most likely from two years of hardcore medications he had to take to survive flesh eating bacteria from a spider bite.

Jeff certainly drank his fair share during his time, but I doubt he was drinking for the past two years as the spider bite nearly killed him in 2011. He has been unable to tour or perform, and has been trying to recover from it since that time.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Screwston - 05-02-2013

Wow, that sucks. Slayer rule..

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - InternationPlayboy - 05-02-2013

I wasn't a huge Slayer fan but I did love this song:

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - mental - 05-02-2013

Damn! Angel of death finally came for him [Image: sad.gif]

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Bronan the Barbarian! - 05-02-2013

Quote: (05-02-2013 08:24 PM)K Galt Wrote:  

Slayer was one of the first metal bands I ever got into and remain one of my favorites.

Damn, me too Bronan. I bought Reign In Blood when I was 13 years old.

Glad I got to see them in concert, when they came here for the Divine Intervention tour. Just wish I could have seen the original lineup with Dave Lombardo.

RIP Jeff

I only saw them once in like 2006. Dave was back with them at that point but they all just kind of stood there. The mosh pit was insane.

One of my oldschool metalhead buddies saw them on the Reign in Blood tour and said it was insane. Wish I could've seen them in their heyday.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Wutang - 05-02-2013

I can still remember buying Seasons in the Abyss, my first Slayer album when I was still in middle school. I was a HUGE metalhead back in the day (still enjoy the music but not just as crazy about it as I was) and Slayer was one of favorite bands. Even today I still listen to them on the regular.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - EisenBarde - 05-02-2013

Now I feel old for shouting "PLAY SOME SLAYER" at every androgynous hipster acoustic bastard playing on a street corner.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Vicious - 05-03-2013

Damn shame. Still have CD albums by them, seen them live a couple of times. Definitely one of the most important bands in metal.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Screwston - 05-03-2013

Quote: (05-02-2013 10:33 PM)EisenBarde Wrote:  

Now I feel old for shouting "PLAY SOME SLAYER" at every androgynous hipster acoustic bastard playing on a street corner.
Do hipsters listen to metal? Is it ironic enough?

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Vitriol - 05-03-2013

This guy is up there with Iommi in terms of a few guys who wrote all that stuff that basically created heavy metal. I'm glad I got to see them live several times.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mo...mID=189480

This was the guy who put the influence of DRI, Verbal Abuse, Discharge, etc. into heavy metal to make it more extreme.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - EisenBarde - 05-03-2013

Quote: (05-03-2013 12:01 AM)houston Wrote:  

I don't even care. But I'm THAT guy who always shouts "PLAY SOME SLAYER" at just about any live musical act.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Vitriol - 05-03-2013

He wrote this one, watch the solo. One of my favorites.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - A War You Cannot Win - 05-03-2013

Hipsters single handly made Black Metal homoerotic to the core.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Bronan the Barbarian! - 05-03-2013

Quote: (05-03-2013 12:54 AM)Vitriol Wrote:  

He wrote this one, watch the solo. One of my favorites.

Great song, great solo.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Bronan the Barbarian! - 05-03-2013

Quote: (05-03-2013 01:04 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

Hipsters single handly made Black Metal homoerotic to the core.

Last time I saw Gwar the crowd was about 50% hipsters. Doom and black metal shows always have a ton of hipsters too. Luckily they tend to stay out of death and thrash shows, which are the ones I usually go to.

Sad day for metal - Slayer's Jeff Hanneman died - Spike - 05-03-2013

Quote: (05-02-2013 09:33 PM)mental Wrote:  

Damn! Angel of death finally came for him [Image: sad.gif]

I hope not. That song is about Joseph Mengele. The concentration camp doctor doing horrifying experiments on people.

I used to the a metal fan in my youth. Listened to Slayer all the time. He will be missed.