Roosh V Forum
Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat (/thread-22870.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Screwston - 04-15-2013

In your car [Image: popcorn3.gif]

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Kitsune - 04-15-2013

was this beta?

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Walderschmidt - 04-15-2013

If he had a gun, all he had to do was point at it at the marine. And tell him to run for his life.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - defguy - 04-15-2013

Too many legal implications. Guy did the right thing. Imagine a crazy ass marine who thinks your bluffing with a gun.... Not to mention youll be tried for assault with a deadly weapon.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Bad Hussar - 04-15-2013

In many cases you can just drive away. But absolutely, for the occasions were you cant you need some sort of weapon. A solid steel bar would work. If the road rager comes up to your window and seems about to go ballistic ram it through the closed window at his head. Forget about the cost of your window. Your life is more important. Someone at the apex of their road rage could definitely kill the person who pissed them off. In many cases they really are "temporarily insane".

There's another insane road rage video from Australia. Not sure whether it's been posted on the board before. Let me have a look for it.... OK, here's a short version:

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Pete - 04-15-2013

The guy in the first video did the right thing. He kept his cool.

The guys in the second video also did the right thing. Considering the crazy guy had a gun.

I remember. About a few years ago I had a girl and her EX started following me. I noticed a few times after I went to see her this white SUV followed me. Then I made the connection, the guy had that suv. One day I was driving and I saw the SUV again. I stopped my car and got out with a bat. Funny thing is he stopped and got off his car. But when he saw the bat he turned on his car and left. [Image: lol.gif]

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - MrXY - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 10:13 AM)defguy Wrote:  

Too many legal implications. Guy did the right thing. Imagine a crazy ass marine who thinks your bluffing with a gun.... Not to mention youll be tried for assault with a deadly weapon.

Not in Florida-you can use deadly force or the threat of it just as if someone was trying to attack you in your home

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - durangotang - 04-15-2013

You would be better off with a sword than a bat. If anyone manages to get a hold of your bat, it could end badly. Nobody can grab a sharp sword. A gun being superior to both.

Of course, the best course of action is to deescalate the situation even if you have to take a bruising to your ego.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Yano - 04-15-2013

He did the right thing. He just chilled and ignored the dude.

What are you gonna do? Shoot a man because he kicked your Dodge and banged on the windows?

I agree though about having some weapon in your car. My dad keeps a hammer under his seat and a machete in the trunk. However, I don't think this situation is serious enough to even threaten the guy.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Tuthmosis - 04-15-2013

When I was driving more regularly, I used to (legally) keep a can of pepper spray in my car. Never had to use it, but that Marine would have been sprayed and then brutalized with the various other blunt-force weapons I kept in my car. I bet I would have gotten a more genuine apology out of him.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Soma - 04-15-2013

How about a flamethrower instead?

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Walderschmidt - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 12:41 PM)Soma Wrote:  

How about a flamethrower instead?

Might be a bit too much.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - el mechanico - 04-15-2013

When someone tries to get you out of your car follow Emechs three step program to insure a trip to the ER

1. Keep your car in reverse with foot on brake and watch nobody's behind you

2. Roll down window just enough for him or her to stick inside to grab you. This is felony B/E on his part so all bets are off at this point.

3. In one motion bend and hold his arm down and roll window up to wedge (works with power better) and nail the gas. Drag the fucker as far as you can. After this leave or run him over a little.

I used this to steal nickle bags in the hood back in the day. It works.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - tjuan - 04-15-2013

I keep a pair of hiking boots with bear spray in the back seat. In Canada, it's illegal to carry mace or bear spray, basically it's illegal to carry anything to defend yourself. If I'm ever busted for having it, I forgot to unpack from my last hike. The boots act as a holster anyways, easy to reach around and get it.
I think elmachanico posted a while ago about turning your wheel to the right and backing up to swing out and hit him... maybe a combo with the arm in window maneuver.. having him reach in definitely works in your favour for self defense..
The guy in the original video probably did the right thing (I assume already waiting for police); I couldn't sit still while someone's fucking with my ride..

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - porscheguy - 04-15-2013

The guy's manic screaming was pretty fucking epic at 1:45. Your local police department is hiring as many of these assholes they can get their hands on.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Wadsworth - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 07:52 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

was this beta?

I agree with you guys that beta is a useful word. It pretty much means someone trying to validate their masculine identity through supplicating and offering provision (demonstrating their "usefulness"), even if they aren't appreciated for it. Personally, I think much the same can be said for guys engaged in behavior to validate their masculine identity through trying to be protectors of every minor thing. Being engaged in protector behavior for a society that doesn't value or appreciate you is pretty beta, or at least it's pretty stupid.

Provision and protection are both equally foolish behaviors for men to be engaged in at this point, mostly because the majority of men aren't making any kind of conscious choice to do so. I think this is something the MRA/PUA/MGTOW can all agree on. Call it beta if you like. I think that word works just fine. If you desire an outcome, i.e. sex, you can structure behavior suited to accomplishing that goal. You guys call it alpha. Fine by me.

To answer your question, no, this doesn't appear very beta, it just appears to be a madman who forgot to take his meds.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - InternationPlayboy - 04-15-2013

This one's great!

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - MikeCF - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 01:55 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

When someone tries to get you out of your car follow Emechs three step program to insure a trip to the ER

1. Keep your car in reverse with foot on brake and watch nobody's behind you

2. Roll down window just enough for him or her to stick inside to grab you. This is felony B/E on his part so all bets are off at this point.

3. In one motion bend and hold his arm down and roll window up to wedge (works with power better) and nail the gas. Drag the fucker as far as you can. After this leave or run him over a little.

I used this to steal nickle bags in the hood back in the day. It works.

Is having a man crush beta? #nohomo

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - speakeasy - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 04:56 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

This one's great!

That was awesome, but a part of me thinks it might be fake.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - MikeCF - 04-15-2013

My "road rage" story.

Some guy was sort of blocking the entrance to the 7/11. He has his clicker on and was supposed to be turning but was sort of lingering. I almost got hit by another car because I made a turn based on the assumption that he'd make his move. (Bad defensive driving on my part.)

I'm screaming in my car and ranting. But the windows are up and I didn't flip the guy off. I was more screaming at the world than anyone.

He drives off and I pull at the pump.

I'm sitting in my car when I hear tires screech. A guy starts screaming and I can see him approach from my rearview mirror.

I'm thinking, "I just moved here. I just avoided some serious trouble and need to stop with this shit. But I can't sit in the car and be a victim. I'll hop outside so he doesn't get the jump on me and then I'll be cool and talk it down."

I get out with my hands spread wide. I'm about to make an, "I'm sorry, bro" type of gesture. In hindsight it looked like a, "You got a fucking problem posture."

His pupils dilated. He stopped in his tracks. "Hey, man, be cool! Be cool!"

He turned around, scurried back to his car, peeled out, and yells, "Get a life!"

The guy must've been 5'8" or something and I was 220 at the time and also wearing a hooded sweatshirt and an Army jungle hat.

Poor guy thought his life was about to be over when I was actually going to just fall on my sword rather than risk an assault charge.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - Sombro - 04-15-2013

I always kept a broken-off guitar neck under my car seat. Lighter than a bat, but with the machine heads intact it would function well as a mace.

Never had to use it though.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - InternationPlayboy - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 05:14 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2013 04:56 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

This one's great!

That was awesome, but a part of me thinks it might be fake.

Yeah you know what, I thought so too for a while. I saw this for the first time years ago. Either way, it's pretty good.

Why it's a good idea to keep a gun or bat - speakeasy - 04-15-2013

Quote: (04-15-2013 05:46 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Yeah you know what, I thought so too for a while. I saw this for the first time years ago. Either way, it's pretty good.

The best road rage stuff is from Russia(of course). And you know that's authentic!

Quote: (04-15-2013 10:13 AM)defguy Wrote:  

You can shoot someone here if your life is threatened. It's pretty cool [Image: banana.gif]

I can't believe everyone is saying he did the right thing. I'm not that patient, especially if someone is denting and banging up my car right in front of me. He should of ran over his feet.