Roosh V Forum
Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" (/thread-22521.html)

Pages: 1 2

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - bacon - 04-05-2013

Quote:Quote:

Some Target shoppers say a label that listed the color of a plus-size dress as "manatee gray" was insulting.

The label for the same dress in smaller sizes described it as "dark heather gray."
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/21888847/ta...size-dress

[Image: BG5kl7UCUAA2KoH.jpg]

[Image: jared-leto-laughing-o.gif]

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - JoyStick - 04-05-2013

this is pretty fucking funny.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Avarence - 04-05-2013

I posted this at the exact same time, but you included the pics, so you win.
Tuthmosis you can delete my thread.

And yes this is fucking funny. [Image: lol.gif]

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - RouteBackwards - 04-05-2013

Fashion designers were probably lulling away during the naming process.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Matt3B - 04-05-2013

Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha.

Fat people are even worse when they're whining about something.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Hannibal - 04-05-2013

That's an insult to manatees everywhere.

They actually have genetics to blame.

[Image: 800px-Manatee_at_Sea_World_Orlando_Mar_10.JPG]

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Handsome Creepy Eel - 04-05-2013

Hahahahahahaahhahahahaha!!! This is awesome!

I'm sure that the designers had only hide color in mind, not its size, but still... it's fascinating how fatties want designers clothes for fat people, yet don't want it ever acknowledged that they're for fat people.

I guess it's the manatee in the room.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Tuthmosis - 04-05-2013

Nobody likes fatties.

[Image: attachment.jpg10938]   

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Samseau - 04-05-2013

It really does look like a manatee though

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Teedub - 04-05-2013

I posted on IQVX's thread of the same discussion...fucking brilliant! Hahaha!

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Bronan the Barbarian! - 04-05-2013

I want to high five their web developer. Hilarious!

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Pacific - 04-05-2013

Why is the plus size $3 cheaper? Doesn't it use more fabrics?

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Tuthmosis - 04-05-2013

Quote: (04-05-2013 03:55 PM)Pacific Wrote:  

Less labor. They don't have to do any of the side-stitching that gives the garment a shape. It's basically just one large fabric sack with a neck hole in it.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - A War You Cannot Win - 04-05-2013

Sounds more like a poncho than a dress.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - WesternCancer - 04-05-2013

Quote: (04-05-2013 03:57 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (04-05-2013 03:55 PM)Pacific Wrote:  

Less labor. They don't have to do any of the side-stitching that gives the garment a shape. It's basically just one large fabric sack with a neck hole in it.

Do they explain to the kids in the sweatshops that they're making clothing for people who have so much food they chose to become disgustingly unhealthy? Or do they just say its for some zoo animals?

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - vinman - 04-05-2013

Hahahahaha!!!

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Aliblahba - 04-05-2013

Here's the new color line for spring:

1. Whale blue
2. Elephant eggshell
3. Polar bear pink
4. Walrus white
5. Tyrannosaurus teal
6. Gorilla grey
7. Manatee mauve

And for summmer:

1. Lard lavender
2. Margarine magenta
3. Ho-Ho hot pink
4. Twinkie teal
5. Slurpie sage
6. Potato chip polka dot

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - alphaspiraton - 04-05-2013

Haha fuck thats funny. I read this across WSJ today.

Now I'm going to add manatee in front of every color for fatties.

"Hey is that a manatee purple dress?"

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Ovid - 04-05-2013

Damn that's hilarious. I've been chuckling for the last 15 minutes.

Three theories. Maybe the factory in China or wherever they have their clothes made doesn't employ a fully-fluent English speaker in the marketing or distribution departments. I remember a small furor a couple of years ago when some big department store was selling a couch that was "Nigger Brown" for this reason. Or, perhaps some stupid Target marketing gal was trying to spread her care for the ocean's creatures to the whole world, since she failed in her childhood dream of becoming a marine biologist. Most likely, however, it was probably a dude, and he probably knew exactly what he was doing. It was probably his last day, and he wanted to do some IRL trolling of fatties.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - DLZ - 04-05-2013

Fucking classic.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - Kingsley Davis - 04-05-2013

The infernal Jizzbel had a write up on it yesterday but "Nigger Brown"? For our spring line we have Chinky Yellow, Cracka White and the increasingly popular Manatee Gray.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - NYJ - 04-05-2013

Don't like it? Lose some damn weight. Society truly needs more instances of these.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - ZeD9 - 04-20-2013

That is truly funny. Maybe it'll even shame a few lardasses into losing a few. But probably not...

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - NYJ - 04-20-2013

Quote: (04-20-2013 04:18 AM)ZeD9 Wrote:  

That is truly funny. Maybe it'll even shame a few lardasses into losing a few. But probably not...

It's going to take shaming of a far harsher level to accomplish that.

Target under fire for labeling plus sized dress "Manatee Grey" - liberman - 04-20-2013

That is absolutely hilarious made my day
[Image: attachment.jpg11273]