Roosh V Forum
Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] (/thread-22317.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - POHammer - 04-01-2013

I'm putting together a look that goes well. Post some pics of good styles for 2013.

Here are the type of shoes I wear:
[Image: black-shoes.jpg]

Black jeans and a tucked in dress shirt, sort of like this: [Image: ralph-lauren-red-blue-polo-classicfit-lo..._flex.jpeg]

Whats your style and recommendations for 2013?

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - Woodpecker - 04-01-2013

I am gonna be honest and have to say I am not feeling the shoes bro, not at all. They look too cheap and rounded, they look like what a 50 year old accountant whose wife shops for him at M&S wears to work.

If you're looking for what is 'in' or what women think is 'in' at the moment then no need to go further than;

Zara - mid cost
Massimo Dutti - mid to high mid cost
Urban Outfitters - mid to high mid cost

Alternatively you could just got to a decent gentlemans taylors and get yourself a few nice bright blazers with pocketsquares to match with anything (jeans, shorts, suit trousers) this summer.

In regards to shoes, in my opinion they should always be real leather (if leather). There are some pretty decent shoes you can pick up from between 75-200 EU online from sites like asos etc.

I see this is your second post and am hoping I was not trolled into writing all of this, hope you enjoy my advice

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - germanico - 04-01-2013

I like the shirt and jeans look.

Just change the shoes.

Thanks. I don't have a lot of big name stores in my area, but I'll check out those company's websites and see what is similar in stores around me.

I checked out that ASOS site and this pair looks good:

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS/A...1&clr=Navy

I'll check out zaras website too

@germanico. Can you post a link or pic of what would do well?

Asos is deffinately good for huge choice and some bargains, google for discount codes too bro [Image: smile.gif]

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - sixsix - 04-01-2013

To dress well in Europe, these shoes are way proper:

[Image: 33575_1.png]

And these are more smart casual:

[Image: vanlier13.jpg]

Besides the shoes (which will cost you about 150-175 euros)...

The jeans and shirt look fine. But not really Europe '13.

What crowd will you be mixing with?

Young people, party people? Mature and business? Professional or leisure?

Summer days, at the beach, in the city or at a festival, this comes to mind:

[Image: ss13_sneak_slide.jpg]

Or a big, knitted sweater with shorts. When sun is setting and you're in the park still enjoying yourselves, to add some warmth...

[Image: 624_thumb.jpg]

Or smart casual shoes, shorts (not cargo, not on or over the knee) plus a button down, and then add a sweater/vest.

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - lush1 - 04-01-2013

These are where I get a lot of my clobber. If you are looking to differentiate from the British stag parties then avoid wearing a check shirt, thats like their uniform.

http://www.nigelhallmenswear.com/

http://oliverspencer.co.uk/mens-designer-clothing

http://www.reiss.com/mens/

http://www.youmustcreate.com/products/menswear/

I can't ever bring myself to dress so hipster (as per the scotch and soda ad)

I prefer to keep a masculine closet that will last an eternity with everlasting style, still lose out points from silly young chicks but can make these up with other parts of your game [Image: wink.gif]

Some of that looks good, but some might be tough to pull off.
I'm mid 20s but more conservative in style. I'm trying to look younger and be bold fashion wise, but still need to be realistic and be congruent.

Knitted neon green sweater and short pants...I don't think I could wear that and feel hetero...I am not headed to Urban France or UK, I'm in for more conservative small city society.

maybe something like: [Image: 2012-FASHION-MEN-SHIRT-LONG-SLEEVE-CHECK...NG-1PC.jpg]

or

[Image: 2013_New_Fashion_Men_s_Down_Coat.jpg]

or I think this looks great:

[Image: Navy_Plaid_Cotton_Chambray_blazers_for_men.jpg]

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - lush1 - 04-01-2013

As I said, avoid check shirts if you want to stand out from the crowd. Was in a club in Hamburg the other week and 75% of the blokes were wearing checked shirts. Although in the UK denim shirt is beginning to take over as the new uniform of choice, along with red chinos.

[Image: 0019b91ec8260bf887c438.jpg]

ok. what about a tight a plain shirt and a black jacket

Quote: (04-01-2013 06:09 AM)Woodpecker Wrote:  

I can't ever bring myself to dress so hipster (as per the scotch and soda ad)

I prefer to keep a masculine closet that will last an eternity with everlasting style, still lose out points from silly young chicks but can make these up with other parts of your game [Image: wink.gif]

I agree completely with your assessment that it's quite feminine hipster fashion versus masculine style.

It's summer fashion and won't be in style in a year or two. But it's good for festivals and young girls. It's Europe '13 like the thread title. Masculine style is better for different scenarios, not when your doing molly in the sun dancing to electro.

Personally, I don't have the hipster look nor personality so it wouldn't work for me.

@POHammer, I can't say I like those styles. The first looks like a tacky Tokyo gangster and the other two like uninspired and uninspiring office workers.

What do you think about these instead:

[Image: tumblr_mj5hmzjwyA1rz9sedo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mg43neutiU1qzleu4o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8l2j6n1WH1r5jwlho1_400.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m9u8m1iFq51qdjijro1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mba7fkPDbb1rz9sedo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mdymh5nC2X1rz9sedo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mi9upoxfb91qzleu4o1_500.jpg]

Interesting. So more sweaters/jackets and less jeans.

Well, you have to admit they look both formal and bold. It's the style I have been looking at.

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - lovejoy - 04-01-2013

Quote: (04-01-2013 06:55 AM)sixsix Wrote:  

Well, you have to admit they look both formal and bold. It's the style I have been looking at.

I don't know how guys can live in layered up combo's in some of those images, you'd roast in most of Europe, Wearing a sports coat, vest, sweater and a shirt even around the Canadian/US border in mid April would be very uncomfortable.

What?

I think that the layers and textures principle of fashion needs to be explained to some people.

Also of course if you're wearing a 20eu plastic fibre shirt with a 40eu plastic fibre jumper and then a cheap coat on top you will sweat

go figure

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - _GQ_ - 04-01-2013

Look at the state of the shoes OP posted. Ghastly, wouldn't wish those onto the feet of my worst enemy.

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - lovejoy - 04-01-2013

Quote: (04-01-2013 08:13 AM)Woodpecker Wrote:  

What?

I think that the layers and textures principle of fashion needs to be explained to some people.

Also of course if you're wearing a 20eu plastic fibre shirt with a 40eu plastic fibre jumper and then a cheap coat on top you will sweat

go figure

there is nothing to explain, you'd be overheated wearing any fabric piled on in three or four layers much of the year. Just a sport coat and a button down shirt would have most panting in a packed club in ten minutes.

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - rudebwoy - 04-01-2013

Sixsix - those coloured desert boots are really nice looking!

How much would that set me back and more importantly where can I buy them?

Obviously dressing to go to a packed club is different to dressing for the Henley Regatta.

But when we say 'you would roast in most of Europe, most of the year'

we obviously mean in a packed club, obviously

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - Angry Beaver - 04-01-2013

Get your show basics over here, a must-read! http://www.kinowear.com/blog/a-simple-gu...ress-shoes

Quote: (04-01-2013 10:11 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Sixsix - those coloured desert boots are really nice looking!

How much would that set me back and more importantly where can I buy them?

They're from a Dutch brand called 'Van Lier' and cost around 150 euros.
Probably hard to get in Canada, but I would suggest Googling for it, or for a company that helps with shipping.

Dressin' Well in Europe '13[PICS] - LibertarianBootyHunter - 04-01-2013

It really depends on the following

- Where in Europe will you be traveling to : If you travel to Scandinavia, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Austria or the UK you can get away with something more weird/hipster-ish . That stuff might not fly in Mediterranean countries, the Balkans and Greece where men have a more conservative look.

- How old are you ? Assuming you are in your 20's i recommend Korean style which makes clothing which is not only stylish but with unbelievable fits.

On top of that you will stand out ( but not too much) with the slightly Asian twist to the clothing.

Check out some of these bro ...

Nice Korean wear!
We have similar stuff(Chinese) in the open air market here in town. I'll go and get some.