Roosh V Forum
Hiring young women for startup - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Hiring young women for startup (/thread-21796.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hiring young women for startup - MrLemon - 03-16-2013

I have a tech startup, finally decided to hire some pretty smart college girl to be the spokesperson.

Quite simply, a smart girl will get me more success in the marketplace and with investors.

I'll pay her squat however. Maybe get a succession of smart young girls to visit major clients. Kind of like a high-tech pimp.

Hiring young women for startup - Vacancier Permanent - 03-16-2013

If you are located in the US/Canada, be very careful about hiring females. You're just one complaint (for no reason whatsoever as it's a feminist world out there) away form bankruptcy...
Tread very very carefully...

Quote: (03-16-2013 04:44 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

I have a tech startup, finally decided to hire some pretty smart college girl to be the spokesperson.

Quite simply, a smart girl will get me more success in the marketplace and with investors.

I'll pay her squat however. Maybe get a succession of smart young girls to visit major clients. Kind of like a high-tech pimp.

Hiring young women for startup - Aliblahba - 03-16-2013

The golden rule of business:

"The fastest way to shutdown a start up is to hire a woman".

Hiring young women for startup - Drazen - 03-16-2013

Well, not too different from pharmaceutical reps. I call them "openers" as they "open" the door for the horny male doctors out there.

However, most of the "smart" and agressive ones are pretty on the ball about getting screwed with commisions/pay/equity. They do love that mighty dollar and will end up closing you as a mark if you're not careful.

And "spokeperson" shouldn't be the word you use. You should use the term "Marketing coordinator". Its a low level ranking position and she will expect likewise. You need to protect your equity. She should also not be the "face" of the company to investors...its a terrible idea, especially since you are paying her so little...she could go to a competing startup and then you lose some of your branding if she is pitching in front of investors who have seen her before.

Hiring young women for startup - n0000 - 03-16-2013

Think about it this way. When you are starting up capital is tight. One lawsuit could wipe out your entire company. You have a much lower chance of a lawsuit if you hire only white guys at first because they are not considered a protected class. Hiring a woman/minority = increased chance of a lawsuit.

Hiring young women for startup - j r - 03-16-2013

Quote: (03-16-2013 05:50 PM)n0000 Wrote:  

Think about it this way. When you are starting up capital is tight. One lawsuit could wipe out your entire company. You have a much lower chance of a lawsuit if you hire only white guys at first because they are not considered a protected class. Hiring a woman/minority = increased chance of a lawsuit.

Citation?

Hiring young women for startup - Balkanite - 03-16-2013

Knee jerk reaction is to hire a stunning young piece of ass. But the smart move is to hire men. Women in the work place is a disaster in almost every way. The end game is all negative. Whether that be a harassment lawsuit, morale anchor with mood swings, dog shit performer, office slut, etc. Working with women makes me do a lot of this at my desk:

[Image: facepalm.png]

Hiring young women for startup - painter - 03-16-2013

Agreed, one gold digging cunt and you are out of business. I know one who who took an owner for $3 million, shut the company down and put a lot of people out of work.

Most chicks have advanced degrees in Sexual Harassment, especially the hot ones. Be smart, hire the hottest chicks you can find and treat them like your daughter or niece but go all out on their friends who have no attachment to your company. This will take discipline.

Hiring young women for startup - iknowexactly - 03-16-2013

Perhaps hiring chix as contractors, at least at first, gives you more severability and a chance to get a bigger behavior sample before you really trust her.

You can make the contract explicitly for one month at a time so if she gives you shit, you can just let it end at the end of month and there is no "showdown" with a firing for her to protest.
IF she's fucking up, and you think there's really no chance she can cut it, you don't have to even talk to her about it. Just let the contract run out.

With an employee you need to document their failures, give them a chance to improve, then document their failure to improve to really protect yourself. A lot of work.

My experience is women have a bizarrely variable moral sense, whatever she feels is fair is fair and there is no arguing with it. And her chemical oscillations lead her to some bizarre and untenable conclusions in that area. The worst part about THAT is her female vanity will not allow her to apologize, so after even the most egregious affronts, sabotages and insults, she will act as if nothing happened, making it hard to for you to tolerate her later even when she's being nice.

Hiring young women for startup - iknowexactly - 03-16-2013

Quote: (03-16-2013 06:16 PM)painter Wrote:  

Agreed, one gold digging cunt and you are out of business. I know one who who took an owner for $3 million, shut the company down and put a lot of people out of work.

Wow, I'd like to hear the story of that disaster. What a cautionary tale.

Hiring young women for startup - Saladin - 03-17-2013

Hiring women is a liability. Sexual harassment lawsuits etc.

If you're hiring a full-time employee stick with men. The irony is that feminists have encouraged women to file lawsuits based on sexual harassment, which means that less women will be hired as companies will see them as liabilities. If a women can work better than a man, I would definitely hire her if not for the fact that she's a massive liability.

Hiring young women for startup - Lemmo - 03-17-2013

Unless it is a role where tits and ass are a necessity, and brains and collegiality are irrelevant - basically a role that involves catering to desperate horny old men - I wouldn't ever consider hiring a woman. Plenty of good male candidates in this market.

Hiring young women for startup - Rah - 03-17-2013

I think you guys are being way too paranoid, probably due to hanging out in Manosphere echo chambers where every other news item is about false rape, bogus sexual harassment, divorce rape, etc. In the right business, in the right position, a smart & sexy young female can be deadly. They can tear it up in industries like medicine, finance, IT, and the like that are heavily male dominated. Put them in a skirt and get them taking out middle aged balding herb decision makers. Your 24 y/o computer science nerd can't do that. Working in an ad agency catering to financial clients, I got to see this first hand.

Totally depends on the business though. If you're a one man web app startup for consumer internet, forget about it. Hire a talented male programmer or designer. If you work with medium to large size clients or partners in male dominated industries, hire a foxy co-ed for relationship management / sales / account rep / etc. If they don't work out, fire them and hire 2 more. Hire them as interns initially, pay them peanuts, make them prove themselves. The economy sucks and there's an endless supply of perky 22 year old sorority girls lining up for "fun" jobs.

Hiring young women for startup - Sebastian - 03-17-2013

I would hire smart, cute, innocent looking girl as a representative.

I know this sweet girl. I am sure everywhere she goes, people won't raise any guards.

If you send this kind of girl, it would be a lot easier to pass the front desk since they won't judge her as 'ah another sales man'
This innocent look can put you couple feet forward from the front door (compared to hiring professional looking young men) and it can make a huge difference.

I am not talking about hot looking blonde in a pencil skirt.
I would find a girl who looks harmless to everyone and smart.

Hiring young women for startup - Every10GivesMeA10 - 03-17-2013

If you own a clinic of some sort, it's much better to hire good looking, young females. So it's not all bad.

Hiring young women for startup - MrLemon - 03-17-2013

I know all about sexual harassment lawsuits. I was party to one. It was a disaster of monumental scope, the woman was a TOTAL FREAK and destroyed the company with absolute zero evidence. Unbelievable. The woman that filed the harassment lawsuit was one that I warned the founder about after she was 2 weeks on the job. I specifically told him she would be trouble, but he kept her anyway to please his wife. He was an idiot and was destroyed by it.

That being said, the truth is, it can be avoided. My chick radar is pretty accurate...I can tell an angry weirdo when I see one. In past hiring I've hired tons of young women and gotten fantastic results. As Rah said, a cute smart woman can tear it up, especially in IT where the buyers are idiot male techies.

And finally, my view is that staring a business, in general, is getting more hazardous all the time. There are a dozen ways that our insane society is waiting to destroy small entrepreneurs with lawsuits and whatever. I have to navigate those waters anyway. The trick is to get in and out quickly.

Hiring young women for startup - UrbanNerd - 03-17-2013

I think some of you guys have it wrong about women in the workplace.

I work in engineering and I.T. and trust me, there are some jobs that it is good to have women doing. Any male engineer worth his salt wants to build, design and implement. We do not want to documentation, user manuals or first-level testing. It's too risky to hire males for those tedious jobs because you will just have high turnover and never get a chance to do your main tasks because you have to always hire someone. Plus any male engineer doing tedious stuff is doing it ONLY UNTIL some engineering job with building/designing/implementing comes calling.

Women like those positions because they can have set times and it will be less pressure on them. Also those jobs pay less.

Hiring young women for startup - Pacific - 03-17-2013

MrLemon, care to share some of your insights on how to spot a chick who would be trouble?

Hiring young women for startup - defguy - 03-19-2013

I agree with most posters - dont hire an attractive woman; its almost always trouble. If your going to hire a woman for your company hire the meanest ugliest fat chick as a personal assistant - You know she will get shit done. But as a representative ie salesman do a marketing internship (full of hot dumb girls) and frame it in all paperwork as an educational internship that will NOT lead to a job. 1099 it if you can, but i doubt you can pull it off like that.

See those promotional girls giving you free shot samples at the bar? most likely marketing majors, offer them a "seasonal internship" and clearly specify when the internship will end.

Hiring young women for startup - thegmanifesto - 03-19-2013

Quote: (03-16-2013 04:44 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

Depends on the type of biz.

Is this "tech startup" some kind of brothel?

Hiring young women for startup - Lemmo - 03-20-2013

Quote: (03-19-2013 12:17 PM)defguy Wrote:  

I agree with most posters - dont hire an attractive woman; its almost always trouble. If your going to hire a woman for your company hire the meanest ugliest fat chick as a personal assistant - You know she will get shit done.

Not in the USA. Even the fat ugly girls I worked with there seemed to generally be useless. Where everyone is fat and ugly, no one is fat and ugly. In other words, fuglies in the US are so common they generally don't feel the need to compensate by being competent, pleasant, etc.

Hiring young women for startup - Rah - 03-20-2013

Quote: (03-19-2013 12:17 PM)defguy Wrote:  

I agree with most posters - dont hire an attractive woman; its almost always trouble. If your going to hire a woman for your company hire the meanest ugliest fat chick as a personal assistant - You know she will get shit done.

That's what I would call "worst of both worlds". The only jobs women excel at (more than men) are the ones where being attractive helps them. A woman can be good at anything, but doesn't have an innate advantage outside of the roles where a pretty face makes the difference. And that advantage is no joke.

But if it's not one of those roles, hire a man and keep life simple -- even clerical work. A bright young gun answering your phones can be groomed for much bigger things.

Hiring young women for startup - defguy - 03-20-2013

@ lemmo and Rah I think you guys are too pessimistic. I agree you have to set the bar low on females from the get go but they arent completely useless. A company 100% men would be a great company, but even the least ambitious men would aspire to rise above clerical work. If all she's doing is filing paperwork and sorting calls to keep the boss man from wasting time with solicitors, its not that hard to find competent, pleasant, etc.

Hiring young women for startup - VUBBS - 03-20-2013

Yeah, I made the mistake of hiring a girl starting up. You have to deal with permanent PMS, hysteria, bitching, unhappiness, disrespect, etc. Unless you have a pretty solid back and need some sexy girl for accounts, but still, it's better to be efficient.

I'd hire men, they are more loyal, respectful and testosterone will help get the energy levels up.

Hiring young women for startup - mistermister - 03-20-2013

makes total sense for a sales related function. that firecracker hot sales rep... she always goes to presidents club. she doesn't have to be the technically savvy that's why you bring out a subject matter expert/engineer to do the actual heavy lifting.

especially in male dominated industries were engineering is required. women sales reps clean up.

@mrlemmon - "The cost of the U.S. tort liability system as a percentage of GDP is more than double the average cost of any other industrialized nation."

the settlements are absolutely enormous in the states. we don't see that in Canada. it sounds like another cost of doing business and more insurance/paper work to protect your self.