Roosh V Forum
The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Bitcoin (BTC) thread (/thread-21537.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - chyamor - 11-19-2013

I can easily say I am not worried about this sell off . 900 overnight to 550 now. Just wish the profit taking would stop already so this starts taking off again.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Jeans - 11-19-2013

Does anyone know of any upcoming news events that would predictably effect the price one way or another? As closely as I've been following this extraordinary rise over the past few weeks, I had no idea that there were scheduled gov't hearings on cryptocurrencies.

How do people here think the playing out of the Silk Road trial will affect things? I would think that a conviction would send the prices through the roof, another point in favor of distancing bitcoin from its reputation as a black market currency...on the other hand I think there's a pretty good chance this guy could beat the charges. If that came to pass, I am not exactly sure how the bitcoin market would take it. Could go either way.

Also, anyone here look into Ripple and their XRP unit? Since they're just starting out, they'll give you 500 free coins if you just spend 10$ or more. Seems like a no brainer to me.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Pyre - 11-19-2013

Fuck the government. They didn't invent this. They have no say in this shit. They can't even control their own fucking dollar. Good luck with this stuff!

Any more illegal contraband gets purchased every day in US Dollars than in any BitCoin or other currency

[Image: mexico-drug-money5.jpg]

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Pyre - 11-19-2013

Quote: (11-19-2013 07:25 PM)Jeans Wrote:  

How do people here think the playing out of the Silk Road trial will affect things? I would think that a conviction would send the prices through the roof, another point in favor of distancing bitcoin from its reputation as a black market currency...on the other hand I think there's a pretty good chance this guy could beat the charges. If that came to pass, I am not exactly sure how the bitcoin market would take it. Could go either way.

like el mech said, because of that bust the us govt now owns like 30,000 bitcoin.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - el mechanico - 11-19-2013

How much Iraq Dinar do they hold ( by choice) another sucker bet I took.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Bricks - 11-19-2013

Has anyone not based in the US successfully brought litecoin?

Looking for a website someone has used before...

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - JackDavey - 11-19-2013

Quote:Quote:

Also, anyone here look into Ripple and their XRP unit? Since they're just starting out, they'll give you 500 free coins if you just spend 10$ or more. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Opened a Ripple account today; it looks like a good service. Got a couple thousand XRP from a giveaway; can't figure out how to convert these into anything at all.

I've been trying all week to find a way to aquire bitcoin. Everywhere I turn, it seems, some kind of validation is required, and I haven't had any luck with that yet. OKPay tells me that they can't even validate anyone in the U.S. I'd like to get some, but just can't seem to figure out how.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Jeans - 11-19-2013

Try Coinbase

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Satoshi - 11-20-2013

Quote: (11-19-2013 01:32 PM)void Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2013 01:03 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I do whatever the forum tells me to do. ACV, yep Coconut oil, yep. Bitcoin yep.
The forum is literally a gold mine. My investment funds are currently frozen. It feels like the first years of the internet now, so much oppurtunity but too dumb and/or young to exploit it.

Anybody knows something of new and upcoming other digital currencies to make a early investment? By the time I have cash, its a bigger risk to invest. Because the prices might be way too high then.

Mastercoins sounds interesting on the paper I got myself some. Lets see what happends. Its built on top of bitcoins.

Quote: (11-19-2013 06:01 PM)void Wrote:  

How fast are BTC-Transactions executed, seconds or milli-seconds range? Are there currency exchange fees from USD <> BTC?

Seconds. But to be sure your transation happened you will need a few confermations, they take 10 minutes each. After three it's impossible to manipulate. However a manipulated transaction has never happened, as far as I know.
Quote: (11-19-2013 07:25 PM)Jeans Wrote:  

Does anyone know of any upcoming news events that would predictably effect the price one way or another? As closely as I've been following this extraordinary rise over the past few weeks, I had no idea that there were scheduled gov't hearings on cryptocurrencies.

No Silk Roads trail wont change a thing. Ripple is not decentralized.

JackDavey: Localbitcoins.com

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - JackDavey - 11-20-2013

Coinbase looks like the solution for me. I'm aware of Localbitcoins, but local, for me, still involves hours of driving. This is acceptable if I want to buy something on an infamous onion site, but over and above simply having some BTC to hold and/or play with, what I really want to do is sell services for bitcoins, and quickly convert a portion of each sale into USD (to cover the costs of providing the services). An account on one of the exchanges would be ideal for this, but for now Coinbase is letting me get set up without a ton of hassle. Thanks for the tips, everybody.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Duke Castile - 11-20-2013

I can buy a bitcoin on coinbase for about 630 but btc-e lists the current price for around 530. What's the deal?

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - el mechanico - 11-20-2013

Quote: (11-20-2013 01:52 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

I can buy a bitcoin on coinbase for about 630 but btc-e lists the current price for around 530. What's the deal?
It's a world wide average I think. China is high, Btc-e is low etc.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Pyre - 11-20-2013

I'm really regretting not taking the profits when they reached 800-900 and then buying again at 500.

Oh well, now I know for next time.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Lisitshko - 11-20-2013

What is the best trading platform for BitCoins? Preferably where you can put in stop-loss orders or thresholds for sales? I don't want to sit in front of my laptop all day and monitor the chart, and a text or email message might be way too late considering how fast the rate collapses or builds up sometimes. Which alternatives are you guys using?

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Emancipator - 11-20-2013

Where are you guys holding your coins? I still have my coins on the platform I bought them on. Trying to figure out how to store them. Mobile? Cold storage? Computer? Web?

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - el mechanico - 11-20-2013

Holding on btc-e. Sitting duck style

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Emancipator - 11-20-2013

Quote: (11-20-2013 07:38 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Your whole collection on btc-e? That's risky man.
With the amount of coins you have you should spread it out a bit.

[Image: 3phkor.jpg]

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - chyamor - 11-21-2013

bitcoin back to over $700 , profit taking finally done. Lets see this go to $1,000 so I can take my profit taking

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Tex Pro - 11-21-2013

Bitcoin really needs a derivatives market. Without it, there is no easy way to hedge risk in the bitcoin exchanges, and so there are massive price swings. This inhibits widespread adoption of bitcoin by retailers and other businesses since there is no way to guard against downside risk.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - Maciano - 11-21-2013

You're kidding.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - el mechanico - 11-21-2013

Quote: (11-21-2013 11:09 AM)Maciano Wrote:  

You're kidding.
Nope

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - yolo - 11-21-2013

How I guard against downside risk by putting in low ball orders, and if the market swings down, I scoop it up low right before it goes back up again. Need to see the order book to catch/predict the low points.

The Bitcoin (BTC) thread - el mechanico - 11-21-2013

I'm probably going to sell all of it tonight and buy back in the am. Depends on how drunk I get.

I hold most my coins on my own personal wallet via the MultiBit wallet. It's on a Mac, never a PC. I'm getting a new Mac just so I can use my old Mac as an offline wallet so it never touches the internet which adds extra layer of protection from hackers. I heard good things about Armory but haven't tried it yet.

Now that the volatility subdued from the senate hearing, I see it hitting 900-1000 (Bitstamp price) in a week or two. I am currently long 60% (in Bitcoins), and short 40% (in dollars). The dollars are there to scoop them up low if the price drops.