Roosh V Forum
Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! (/thread-20090.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Handsome Creepy Eel - 01-28-2013

With the large recent and upcoming influx of new members (and many quality posters too), I'd just like to point out that it's a bit hard to discern all the new folks from each other. It's a lot easier to remember who the person is if you have an image to connect with the post.

Go to your control panels and set up your sexy brand-new avatars - today!

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
http://www.google.com/search?q=picture&r...4QTGzoHwCw

(no posting needed in this thread)

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Roosh - 01-28-2013

I agree, especially for members who have similar names. I immediately identify a user's personality with their avatar.

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - bojangles - 01-28-2013

That's no good, considering who me and El Mech have as avatars...

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Walderschmidt - 01-28-2013

Quote: (01-28-2013 10:47 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

That's no good, considering who me and El Mech have as avatars...

Your avatars change over time - so people don't get too attached to them [Image: wink.gif]

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - el mechanico - 01-28-2013

I'm in the market for a new avatar any suggestions?

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Walderschmidt - 01-28-2013

Quote: (01-28-2013 10:55 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

A Pirate with a cutlass.

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - _GQ_ - 01-28-2013

Dat alpha wolf

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - bacan - 01-28-2013

I need to either do this very soon or just hope that bacon stops posting....

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Hades - 01-28-2013

I consider the avatar to be a bigger part of a poster's identity than their post count or rep points. So definitely pick a memorable one, newcomers!

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Nudge - 01-28-2013

Done

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - bojangles - 01-28-2013

whats this new one?

Not to sound like 'the teacher's pet', but Roosh's avatar is genius lol. Did he come up with that logo by himself? Should trademark it and make t-shirts.

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Parlay44 - 01-28-2013

Nice avatar el mechanico [Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (01-28-2013 11:16 AM)bacan Wrote:  

Yeah you two. I met either you or bacon at the happy hour. I don't even know.

Quote: (01-28-2013 11:41 AM)_GQ_ Wrote:  

Not to sound like 'the teacher's pet', but Roosh's avatar is genius lol. Did he come up with that logo by himself? Should trademark it and make t-shirts.

Actually the logo was for an Uncle Roosh t-shirt: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8064-post-118610.html

I didn't promote it well and it didn't sell. But I kept the logo for everything else. It was designed by a British guy.

Get El Mech to promote if. Ghetto FL bitches will have it on the back of their jeans in no time.

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - thatGuy - 01-28-2013

Maybe you could allow a little larger avatars? 200x300px?

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - WanderingSoul - 01-28-2013

I actually wanted to change my avatar. I didn't though because I always get confused when someone has the same avatar for so long and then they change it. It's like they are a whole different person. I don't even know them anymore.

I've had a few members tell me that they though that I was black. Most people probably assume I am because of my av. It's a powerful thing. Even had someone post a picture of The Rock in the "what do you think forum members look like?" thread, which is about polar opposites of how I actually look lol.

Quote: (01-28-2013 12:08 PM)thatGuy Wrote:  

Maybe you could allow a little larger avatars? 200x300px?
Would probably stretch the web page a bit. I think 100x100 is optimal for forums and viewing.

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Parlay44 - 01-28-2013

I would be happy if it could auto-resize any size pic to Avatar size.

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - bacon - 01-28-2013

Quote: (01-28-2013 11:16 AM)bacan Wrote:  

i browsed this forum for like a couple weeks before i became a poster. i never saw your screenname. shit if i did i would have picked something else. hopefully the pervert and mexican flag seperate our screennames enough.

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Cincinnatus - 01-28-2013

Quote: (01-28-2013 12:28 PM)bacon Wrote:  

hopefully the pervert and mexican flag seperate our screennames enough.

[Image: lol.gif]

I liked it when Ali and el mech both had bird avatars.

Reminder for new members: don't hesitate to have avatars! - Giovonny - 01-28-2013

Thanks for the reminder!

I never heard the word "avatar" until I joined this forum. I thought "Avatar" was a movie.

My avatar is that fact that I don't have one.

Should I get one or should I just remain the "no avatar guy"???

I think it might be time for a change!

May I suggest Blackbeard?

[Image: Blackbeard_concept_art_2.jpg]

Quote: (01-28-2013 11:31 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

whats this new one?

His current one with the girl wrapped around is actually a pic of me [Image: wink.gif]
Seriously.