Roosh V Forum
Logistics in Japan - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Logistics in Japan (/thread-18381.html)

Pages: 1 2

Logistics in Japan - Expert Commander - 12-05-2012

Roosh and Naughty Nomad have recently written about the importance of logistics when traveling. If you don't have a good place to bring a girl back to (a single room that is not in a total shithole hotel) then you are seriously killing your chances.

I was wondering if anybody had experience in Japan (Tokyo in particular) with planning out logistics on a budget. Single hotel rooms are obviously expensive. This guy recommends love hotels as part of a clever plan to get laid in Tokyo:

http://www.penismightier.com/fenomas/laidguide.html

I have never used a love hotel. Should I stay in some cheap hostel/capsule hotel and use one of these places as the need arises or is it better to splurge and get a decent hotel room?

Logistics in Japan - Laner - 12-05-2012

Try air bnb for a place to stay. Or use the tourist office and get them to book you a business hotel. Usually about $80 a night. But yes, make sure you have the location locked down.

I would not rely on love hotels. They are often full, especially the ones around shibuya. They are good spots for afternoon fun or during the week, but weekends are nearly impossible to get into one in the nightlife areas.

Logistics in Japan - Expert Commander - 12-05-2012

Thanks Laner. Do you know what neighborhoods would be good for my purposes? I always hear about Rappongi but its hard to find anything reasonably priced around there.

Logistics in Japan - Laner - 12-06-2012

Roppongi can be good for sure. There are a higher number of english speaking women, but the culture can be pretty fucked. Having said that, it is the easiest place to pick up in Japan.

This place looks good.

The metro is amazing during the day, but it closes VERY early (around 1am) so its all about location.

Logistics in Japan - memcpy - 12-06-2012

A lot of people work here everyday and don't get much time off, work long hours.

Also the last train could mess up your logistics.

If you have a nice location it would be a good advantage.

Logistics in Japan - MountainLion - 12-06-2012

Has anyone tried Sakura house? I keep getting ads for it (probably cause I was searching for hotels in Tokyo) but they seem legit.

Quote: (12-06-2012 07:40 AM)MountainLion Wrote:  

Has anyone tried Sakura house? I keep getting ads for it (probably cause I was searching for hotels in Tokyo) but they seem legit.

They are places for foreigners to crash for a bit until they get sorted out with a real place. Or for those who are too lazy and cheap to pay "key money". I am sure some of them are OK, but I heave heard stories about paper walls,very weird roommates (Japan is a magnet for the weirdos) and such.

Logistics in Japan - enfuego - 12-06-2012

Shinjuku has a ton of business hotels and good access to nightlife as well. I've done very well at Champions Bar in Kabuki-cho, where all drinks are 500 yen. The place attracts a lot of girls interested in meeting western men and has karaoke. Decent business hotels nearby are the Best Western (very good value) and the Shinjuku Hotel Park Inn (cheaper). Near Rappongi, I found the housing options more limited but given that cabs are so freaking expensive, it may be worth paying up a bit more on accommodation to facilitate a quick close. The Ibis is the closest budget hotel to the action if I recall correctly, but isn't particularly cheap, especially on weekends.

Yeah Tokyo is a logistics cluster fuck isnt it.

I have never had much luck in Shinjuku, but at least its fairly close to Yoyogi park (one of the best day game places in the world on Sundays). And from there a quick walk to the day clubs of Shibuya.

But really, if you stay within the borders of Shinjuku - Harajuku (Shibuya) - Omotosando - Aoyama - Roppongi - Akasaka you will be fine. At night cabbing between cities is not too expensive and they are reasonably close.

That link that I put up for Air BnB is right in the middle of where you want to be. Trust me.

Logistics in Japan - Brodiaga - 12-22-2014

I'm going to Tokyo for 3 days, trying to choose a place to stay. I have some Starwood points, so one of the hotels I'm considering is the Westin Tokyo (near Meguro station). I don't mind staying at a cheaper hotel or an airbnb apartment and paying cash (maybe around $100/day or a little more) even if the place is small as long as it is conveniently located near good nightlife spots.

-Is Westin good in terms of logistics?
-This is an old thread, so based on recent data, what hotels and/or neighborhoods would you guys recommend?

Logistics in Japan - DonovanVC - 12-22-2014

Try the Tokyu hotels in Shibuya or Harajuku.

Logistics in Japan - fucksong - 12-23-2014

I've used Sakura House several times over the last 10 years. They're solid but finding one right in the center of everything will be tough. Also depends on where you'll be hunting. Day game? Clubs? Both?

There are several love hotels in shibuya in this area known as dogenzaka which is right by many nightclubs. While I personally like to hunt on my own, if you'd feel more comfortable around foreigners, Roppongi is where you should stay.

Logistics in Japan - Phoenix - 12-23-2014

Sakura house has a 'notify them you are having a guest' policy + a surcharge therefore.

Tokyo is just friggin expensive for accommodation, accept you'll have to pay large. As you go down the city tiers from there, it isn't as bad. Also the size and the 'last train' make it brutal to get around. I've never walked so much in any city anywhere. If you're not central, it will hurt.

Love hotels are a complete bastard. They're frequently full, and they're tiered in price. Hence whenever you get there, there are only the rooms in the $130 region left, and you have no choice but to pay or lose the bang. Furthermore, sometimes they'll say "part time only", so you have a time limit placed on you to secure the bang. Secondly, you will not find them in Roppongi, or if they are they are well hidden. Hence if you are in Roppongi and you are pulling you'll have to go to Shibuya (and one of the more helpful black touts in roppongi explained this for me) to get a love hotel (be careful of last train!), and then you'll have to find one that isn't full. I fucking despise love hotels. Fuck Tokyo's logistics, seriously.

A lot of people used to get busy in Karaoke rooms too, just trying to find a place where they can fuck each other. And the Karaoke places countered this by putting a see-through window in the door, and making the door unlockable. It's like the city is saying "you may not fuck without great difficulty unless you are rich".

One more thing - go to her place. Check early on if she has her own place - many of them do. You will then know to suggest to go there later. Not just older girls either (although the odds rapidly increase) - I met some girls in their early 20s who had their own place.

Logistics in Japan - Carlos100 - 12-23-2014

Quote: (12-23-2014 03:31 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Sakura house has a 'notify them you are having a guest' policy + a surcharge therefore.

Tokyo is just friggin expensive for accommodation, accept you'll have to pay large. As you go down the city tiers from there, it isn't as bad. Also the size and the 'last train' make it brutal to get around. I've never walked so much in any city anywhere. If you're not central, it will hurt.

Love hotels are a complete bastard. They're frequently full, and they're tiered in price. Hence whenever you get there, there are only the rooms in the $130 region left, and you have no choice but to pay or lose the bang. Furthermore, sometimes they'll say "part time only", so you have a time limit placed on you to secure the bang. Secondly, you will not find them in Roppongi, or if they are they are well hidden. Hence if you are in Roppongi and you are pulling you'll have to go to Shibuya (and one of the more helpful black touts in roppongi explained this for me) to get a love hotel (be careful of last train!), and then you'll have to find one that isn't full. I fucking despise love hotels. Fuck Tokyo's logistics, seriously.

A lot of people used to get busy in Karaoke rooms too, just trying to find a place where they can fuck each other. And the Karaoke places countered this by putting a see-through window in the door, and making the door unlockable. It's like the city is saying "you may not fuck without great difficulty unless you are rich".

One more thing - go to her place. Check early on if she has her own place - many of them do. You will then know to suggest to go there later. Not just older girls either (although the odds rapidly increase) - I met some girls in their early 20s who had their own place.

There is one, count it ONE, love hotel in Roppongi for some reason. Want to hazard a guess as to if it fills up quickly on weekend nights?

The problem with Japanese hotels (not love hotels) is that they charge by the person, not by the room. So, if they catch you bringing in a guest at night after you've checked in, they may raise a stink and ask you to do some additional paperwork, all while you're trying to get her to your room while she's still in the mood. Some hotel staff, however, will look the other way when you bring in a guest. How do you know which ones will and won't? Beats me. I've had experiences with both.

I think several of the regulars here have rented furnished condos in the nightlife areas which worked out for them. Please check the Bang! japan thread for more details. There are usually taxis all over Tokyo, so even if you're staying a little out of the way, like Meguro, you're still a few minutes drive away which should help with your logistics. You can also check the Japan Inn Group, which is an association of cheap, Japanese style hotels which caters to foreigners.

Logistics in Japan - Laner - 12-23-2014

Tokyo logistics never change, just the prime spots within locations will change.

For foreigners on a budget AirBnB is still the way to go. No hassles dealing with business hotels and guests, can be in some nice off the main road alleys that have a great vibe, some units are owned by well traveled and interesting people that are in a building of like minded people and being gaijin gives instant status.

Having said that, high level Japanese hotels are absolutely amazing. The service is bar none best in the world. Places like the Okura raise the standards for design, even though the place is 60 years old.
[Image: 574_ext_15_en_0.jpg]

Do not do Sakura House. Forget love hotels. Three days, drop a bit on either a good hotel with good logistics or AirBnB.

Logistics in Japan - Brodiaga - 12-23-2014

Thanks Laner. I'll probably get an Airbnb apartment. I know very, very little about Tokyo and haven't found any detailed data about logistics and accommodation in the city. To give you an example, for Manila, there are detailed descriptions and even maps available on RVF that tell you exactly which blocks and streets are good if you want to stay there. I'm not necessarily looking for that level of detail for Tokyo, but can somebody answer the following:

-What is the best area(s) to look for and AirBnb apartment if I am interested in sightseeing and nightlife? I don't mind taking public transport or taxi at night, but don't want to spend half an hour or more to get to the nightlife area.

-As of now, what areas (and venues) are good if I want to experience Tokyo nightlife and don't speak any Japanese? I'm not counting on getting laid there (that's what the first part of my trip is for, before I'm in Tokyo). However, I'd like to have some fun and understand what all the hype is about.

Edit: finished the post and found that I already got some answers above, awesome! Still would appreciate some additional info.

Logistics in Japan - AsiaBaller - 12-24-2014

Quote: (12-23-2014 07:35 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

-What is the best area(s) to look for and AirBnb apartment if I am interested in sightseeing and nightlife? I don't mind taking public transport or taxi at night, but don't want to spend half an hour or more to get to the nightlife area.

-As of now, what areas (and venues) are good if I want to experience Tokyo nightlife and don't speak any Japanese? I'm not counting on getting laid there (that's what the first part of my trip is for, before I'm in Tokyo). However, I'd like to have some fun and understand what all the hype is about.

As Laner said, you can't go wrong with "Shinjuku - Harajuku (Shibuya) - Omotosando - Aoyama - Roppongi - Akasaka".

I'd personally choose Roppongi due to night life proximity specifically geared towards non japanese speakers and you'll also most likely have about 10min walking time to your place from the clubs.

Shibuya is only better for the music, but if you want to get laid or can't speak japanese it's not the best place to be imo.

Taking a cab at night within the area mostly won't cost you more than 2000yen and take less than 15min.

Logistics in Japan - memcpy - 12-24-2014

Quote: (12-23-2014 07:35 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Thanks Laner. I'll probably get an Airbnb apartment. I know very, very little about Tokyo and haven't found any detailed data about logistics and accommodation in the city. To give you an example, for Manila, there are detailed descriptions and even maps available on RVF that tell you exactly which blocks and streets are good if you want to stay there. I'm not necessarily looking for that level of detail for Tokyo, but can somebody answer the following:

Edit: finished the post and found that I already got some answers above, awesome! Still would appreciate some additional info.

Most of this is in the bang osaka thread. But basically, aim for getting a place in Shibuya / Shinjuku for nighlife or daygaming. The airbnb should say "5-10" min walk from Shibuya/Shinjuku station. I wouldn't get anything that is more than 10 mins away from the station. Google "love hotel hill shibuya" and that is were you will find clubs. Just ask some girls on the street where a good club is, and try to work from that angle. Street game doesn't have to get any harder than that.

If you want to mack on English speaking girls then go to Roppongi, but like Carlos said, there is only 1 or 2 love hotels there and they are always full. Like others said, if you're gonna book a business hotel get a 2-bedroom. They get pissed if you bring a guest to a single room.

Daygaming in Roppongi is fun, because there are less scouts and isn't a place known for nanpa. Likewise, Shibuya/Shinjuku are known for nanpa, and there are scouts, and other hustlers working the streets.

If you want to do the taxi game, write down the address of your apartment/hotel before hand and hand it to the driver.

As for sightseeing, just ask a girl on the street where a good place is. There are tons of girls walking around. どこ?(where?) and あんないしてくれる? (can you lead me there?) will be good phrases to know before landing. Some girls will probably wind up walking you there if they dig you. Don't sweat it if you don't speak Japanese yet, but knowing basic stuff like that will get you somewhere.

Logistics in Japan - Carlos100 - 12-24-2014

We probably should collectively put together a gaming logistics guide for Tokyo/Yokohama/Osaka/Kyoto. Sounds like, altogether, we could put out a good guide that would cover just about everything.

Logistics in Japan - Bushido - 12-28-2014

The Sakura house in Shibuya is pretty good. Well, it's shit but the location is great and it's quite cheap. Also the foreigners there seemed fairly OK so you'd have a social circle already.

Airbnb is gonna be super expensive in Tokyo, I wouldn't bother if your budget is limited.

Had a friend who stayed in that Shibuya Sakura before and he had a LOT of fun there! [Image: smile.gif]

Logistics in Japan - Brodiaga - 12-28-2014

Quote: (12-28-2014 08:57 PM)dreambig Wrote:  

Had a friend who stayed in that Shibuya Sakura before and he had a LOT of fun there! [Image: smile.gif]

Thanks... I checked my dates and it's fully booked though.

I see some pretty decent apartments in Roppongi, near Hinokicho park. Is this a good location to walk to/from clubs in Roppongi??

Logistics in Japan - Sargon of Akkad - 12-29-2014

Quote: (12-28-2014 10:16 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Quote: (12-28-2014 08:57 PM)dreambig Wrote:  

Thanks... I checked my dates and it's fully booked though.

I see some pretty decent apartments in Roppongi, near Hinokicho park. Is this a good location to walk to/from clubs in Roppongi??

I don't usually use love hotels, but two nights ago I met a Cambodian woman at a club whom I'd hooked up with the previous year (the exact same date, surprisingly). We left looking for a love hotel in Namba at about 3:30 am, but no matter where we looked, every single place we tried bad "満室"/"No vacancy" at that time. "What the fuck!?" we thought. "Should've done it in the girls' bathroom of the club," I thought (a clean place, with enough space and privacy, too, but noooo, she didn't want to). Eventually, after finding nothing, we simply opted for a Karaoke at Shinsaibashi-Suji, where we banged on the couch with the lights off, ignoring the security camera looming on the ceiling. Got a Chance to try out those extra thin 0.2 mm condoms.

Does anyone have experience with net-cafés? Do those places usually have cameras.

Logistics in Japan - Phoenix - 12-29-2014

Quote: (12-29-2014 12:21 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

I don't usually use love hotels, but two nights ago I met a Cambodian woman at a club whom I'd hooked up with the previous year (the exact same date, surprisingly). We left looking for a love hotel in Namba at about 3:30 am, but no matter where we looked, every single place we tried bad "満室"/"No vacancy" at that time. "What the fuck!?" we thought. "Should've done it in the girls' bathroom of the club," I thought (a clean place, with enough space and privacy, too, but noooo, she didn't want to). Eventually, after finding nothing, we simply opted for a Karaoke at Shinsaibashi-Suji, where we banged on the couch with the lights off, ignoring the security camera looming on the ceiling. Got a Chance to try out those extra thin 0.2 mm condoms.

Does anyone have experience with net-cafés? Do those places usually have cameras.

I have a new business idea!

As we know, Tokyo is a complete c#nt for logistics. Ever had a girl ready to go but you're stomping all over the city just trying to find a comfortable place to stick your dick in her? Well enter a new service: "AirBmB" for "Borrow my Bed"!

Tokyoites who want to make some extra cash can list their room and its precise lat-long-alt position + directions on AirBmB. Then, if two horny folks nearby are looking for a place to bang, they hit the "We sex now" button, which triggers cascading alarms on all AirBmB hosts closest to the couple.

The first AirBmB host to hit "Accept" gets the 'sale' of example 10,000yen for 2hours, places a plastic undersheet and a disposable oversheet on his bed, leaves his room when the horny couple arrive, and goes to a cafe with his laptop. As we know, Japanese people do not sleep anyway, so this should not inconvenience him [Image: smile.gif]

Suggested market test: (1) gather a list of phone numbers of people who would be willing to host this seedy business, for the right price, in their rooms. (2) Give your phone number on cards to popular love hotels and ask them to give them to any disappointed looking turn-aways. (3) Manually match-up over phone. Your job title during this market test would be "Bed Pimp" [Image: biggrin.gif].

Suggested problems: general seediness of the whole thing, it being done in Japan = guaranteed dudes renting out their room with hidden cameras, getting 'fluids' on other parts of your room etc.

Lol anyway, slightly OT.

Logistics in Japan - CJ_W - 01-12-2015

Quote: (12-29-2014 02:26 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Quote: (12-29-2014 12:21 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

I have a new business idea!

As we know, Tokyo is a complete c#nt for logistics. Ever had a girl ready to go but you're stomping all over the city just trying to find a comfortable place to stick your dick in her? Well enter a new service: "AirBmB" for "Borrow my Bed"!

That is Hilarious as hell dude that idea. Anyway

Sargon, It really depends on the cafe. The staff usually doesn't care unless you guys are being loud, but dudes bring their girls and fuck them there all the time.

Thing is, a LOT of the cafe's have the fucking lights on SUPER fucking bright. Kills the mood

The best ones have the lights super dim. The "Mambo" chain of net cafes has nice dark lighting. The branches of that chain are like are in Shinjuku near Kabukicho. Also if you're in Shibuya, the street between mark city and centergai ("basketball street nowadays but most people still call it Centergai) its like on the street that has the yoshinoya on it with the shitty starbucks clone coffee shop next to it) has a net cafe with super dim lights as well. Basically you gotta get the rooms with the mats and not the chairs - I forgot what the seats are called though, but you gotta just spend a few days and check out those places when you get a chance.

Logistics in Japan - Zerdame - 03-30-2015

Sorry to revive this thread but just had a few questions.

Since this is the logistics thread for Tokyo, are there any legit hotels/karaoke/izakayas that you guys have used that you can share the places and the names of these places? We all know Tokyo is a logistics shit hole so it would help everyone if we throw out some names.

I mentioned in the Bang Japan thread that a good Oshare(cool) restaurant you can bring girls to is the Han Fha Korean restaurant near the South exit of Shinjuku Station. If you need to google maps the place, the kanji is 韓花. Parcela(or however you spell it) has some outlets where the doors to the karaoke rooms are tinted so you can get some light action in there. I've only been to Karaoke Kan once and it was a complete transparent door. Wanted to curse out loud when I saw the door.

Any other places that you guys have been to and was pretty good?