Roosh V Forum
A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand (/thread-17312.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - vinman - 10-31-2012

This is something I found at Forbes online. A short read.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/201...mself-out/

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Brian - 10-31-2012

fortunately we only have 6 more days until he's voted out

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - ManAbout - 10-31-2012

Quote: (10-31-2012 08:55 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Not going to happen. Bipartisan "comforter in chief".

[Image: RTR39TZV.jpg]

VS

Bought $5000 worth of canned food from Walmart for the fake storm relief effort campaign event, so that I can pretend that I care, Mittens Rmoney.

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - tenderman100 - 10-31-2012

Quote: (10-31-2012 09:46 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

[Image: RTR39TZV.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal. . ."

[Image: 2281873_o.gif]

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - scorpion - 10-31-2012

Lol, I'm not sure how anyone can take Ayn Rand seriously.

No one with any background in philosophy can, that's for sure.

She's basically exactly what you would expect from a female philosopher.

She ignored the entire established canon of Western philosophy and constructed her own system based on absolutely nothing but her own warped view of the world.

Taken as a whole, her Objectivist system is full of contradictions and holes, which is pretty much exactly what you would expect from someone who invented a philosophy out of whole cloth without bothering to even understand, much less build off of the accrued philosophical wisdom of two-thousand years of previous thought.

But really that doesn't matter, because 99% of the people who bring her up only do so because they believe her Objectivist ethics add some intellectual heft to the "greed is good, every man for himself" libertarian dream they have, which is all they are concerned about.

Obama's new BFF, the darling of the right and Rmoney's number 1 surrogate, Chris Christie. He just can't stop praising Obama and saying what a good job he has done.

Christie knows Mittens is done, might as well get his credentials ready for 2016.

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Alpha Hunter Zero - 10-31-2012

Yep I think Obama's got this in the bag.

Christie is smart enough to know he has to pucker up and kiss the ring if he wants the egomaniac to stroke those Federal Aid checks. Its not like NJ's electoral votes are undecided so it really doesnt matter.

Mitt has FL and VA already locked up, and I think he takes OH. We shall see, it will certainly make for an interesting election day.

Quote: (10-31-2012 10:14 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Mitt has FL and VA already locked up, and I think he takes OH. We shall see, it will certainly make for an interesting election day.

Was there an election in FL and VA that we missed?

In all the states that Mitt NEEDS to win, he is either tied or within 1 or 2 points of Obama. Obama can win without FL, VA, Mittens can't.

Quote: (10-31-2012 10:20 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Was there an election in FL and VA that we missed?

In all the states that Mitt NEEDS to win, he is either tied or within 1 or 2 points of Obama. Obama can win without FL, VA, Mittens can't.

There wasnt an election in TX, NY, CA, or IL yet either but we know which way they're voting

There are an insane amount of polls out there now showing different results, but if you look at the samples the polls represent you will be able to tell which ones are worth a shit and which are liberal propaganda (hint - most). A lot of the ones that are favorable towards Oblamer assume Democrats will turn out in record numbers and Republicans will stay home and thats most likely reversed. Romney is also starting to run away with the independent vote in many of the battleground states. Things are a lot different now then they were in 2008 when Democrat turnout was high, Republican turnout was low and Independents overwhelmingly went towards hope and change

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - megatron - 10-31-2012

Both guys suck, but I think Mitt can squeeze this one out. All a swing voter has to do is ask "am I doing better or worse than 4 years ago?" for most Americans, the answer is "worse."

Plus, Mitt's more alpha than Obama. This guy is much more charismatic than old weirdo McCain.

Anyway, whoever wins, we're still well on the road to hell. I hope to emigrate out of here in 20 years or so.

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Sonsowey - 10-31-2012

Christie is smart enough to know he has to pucker up and kiss the ring if he wants the egomaniac to stroke those Federal Aid checks. Its not like NJ's electoral votes are undecided so it really doesnt matter.

Will put a bet on OH going to Obama.

Loser buys winner book of his choice on Amazon? Say, under $20

Quote: (10-31-2012 10:40 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I'll take that bet to make it interesting. Ohio's electoral votes, a book under $20 from Amazon - confirm on your end.

I'll check back tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Excelsior - 10-31-2012

Quote: (10-31-2012 10:35 PM)Brian Wrote:  

There wasnt an election in TX, NY, CA, or IL yet either but we know which way they're voting

Those aren't swing states.

VA and FL are in a dead heat right now. Neither candidate has anything approaching a "lock" in those states.

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Sonsowey - 11-01-2012

Quote: (10-31-2012 10:52 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Quote: (10-31-2012 10:40 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

I'll take that bet to make it interesting. Ohio's electoral votes, a book under $20 from Amazon - confirm on your end.

I'll check back tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

You have a bet

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Alpha Hunter Zero - 11-01-2012

^^^looking at the comments above. I swear this place is turning more into a gambling pit than a discussions forums [Image: smile.gif]

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Sonsowey - 11-01-2012

Quote: (11-01-2012 12:44 AM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

^^^looking at the comments above. I swear this place is turning more into a gambling pit than a discussions forums [Image: smile.gif]

A hands-on lesson in side hustles

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - porscheguy - 11-01-2012

Quote: (10-31-2012 09:55 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Lol, I'm not sure how anyone can take Ayn Rand seriously.

No one with any background in philosophy can, that's for sure.

She's basically exactly what you would expect from a female philosopher.

She ignored the entire established canon of Western philosophy and constructed her own system based on absolutely nothing but her own warped view of the world.

Taken as a whole, her Objectivist system is full of contradictions and holes, which is pretty much exactly what you would expect from someone who invented a philosophy out of whole cloth without bothering to even understand, much less build off of the accrued philosophical wisdom of two-thousand years of previous thought.

But really that doesn't matter, because 99% of the people who bring her up only do so because they believe her Objectivist ethics add some intellectual heft to the "greed is good, every man for himself" libertarian dream they have, which is all they are concerned about.
Post of the day.

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - speakeasy - 11-01-2012

Brian is like a Republican "Baghdad Bob":

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - ElJefe - 11-01-2012

I can't wait till this election's over to see who was totally off the mark. I've given up.

Whoever turns out to be wrong, I hope there's a regular massacre so their stupidity and its seed are wiped from the face of the earth and we don't have to go through all that trash again.

And Rand is horrible... agree with above poster. If you want intelligent conservatism, read Oakshott, Scruton and Tocqueville... perhaps also Burke.

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Zebra_Cakes - 11-01-2012

Obama leads VA by almost 5 points...

Obama leads in FL by 1 point...

And lastly, Obama leads in ALL state polls, outside Rasmussen in Ohio by about 5 points...

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - ManAbout - 11-01-2012

Bloomberg just endorsed Obama.

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - Kona - 11-01-2012

Quote: (11-01-2012 04:16 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Brian is like a Republican "Baghdad Bob":

Hey where's Brian been? This is the first political thread I've seen him in.

His grandpa, Tenderman, has been doing all the work.

Aloha!

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - speakeasy - 11-01-2012

Quote: (11-01-2012 02:19 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Bloomberg just endorsed Obama.

The Economist just did as well.

A response to Pres. Obama's swipe at Rand - ManAbout - 11-01-2012

Quote: (11-01-2012 03:51 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

The Economist just did as well.

But... but.. Romney is a big business man, he has made himself fabulously wealthy. He will be good for the economy. He knows how to trickle down stuff. How can they endorse Obama, who isn't qualified to be dog catcher, over one of the business titans of the century? [Image: huh.gif]