Roosh V Forum
Robbing Season - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Robbing Season (/thread-17087.html)

Pages: 1 2

Robbing Season - Kickb - 10-23-2012

It's robbing season fellas.

A guy tried to jack me in a Walmart parking lot last week. It was around midnight and I was getting into my car. This guy quickly approached me from behind and said

"Hey man hey man let me ask you a question."

I was talking to a friend on my phone. I turned around and looked at him and said "Nah man I gotta go"
and closed my door. The dude kept approaching me but he was too slow!

Also, my school sends out crime alert emails. There has been five armed robberies in the past two weeks.

Keep your wits about you.

Robbing Season - megatron - 10-23-2012

buy mace and carry it everywhere, man.

but good thinking in quickly getting into your car.

Robbing Season - Tuthmosis - 10-23-2012

Quote: (10-23-2012 07:39 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I was talking to a friend on my phone. I turned around and looked at him and said "Nah man I gotta go" and closed my door. The dude kept approaching me but he was too slow!

= Street Smarts. Period.

A lot of guys wouldn't think to act like that, especially that quickly.

It reminds me of an old bit Tommy Davidson used to do, except he did it in a white guy/black guy framework. It works with street smart/non-street-smart form too.

Paraphrasing: When a guy says [gesturing], "Come here, I gotta tell you something," a black guy knows what that means. "Say that shit from there. I heard the first part, what makes you think I won't hear the rest?" A white guy walks right into that shit. "What, man?", and gets popped in the face.

Robbing Season - el mechanico - 10-23-2012

Lucky bastard! Why doesn't that fun stuff happen to me??

Robbing Season - Parlay44 - 10-23-2012

Nobody ever pulls that shit with me. I'm too intimidating looking. Plus I have no problem cutting a motherfucker [Image: dodgy.gif]

Robbing Season - Chief - 10-23-2012

Quote: (10-23-2012 07:52 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (10-23-2012 07:39 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I was talking to a friend on my phone. I turned around and looked at him and said "Nah man I gotta go" and closed my door. The dude kept approaching me but he was too slow!

= Street Smarts. Period.

A lot of guys wouldn't think to act like that, especially that quickly.

It reminds me of an old bit Tommy Davidson used to do, except he did it in a white guy/black guy framework. It works with street smart/non-street-smart form too.

Paraphrasing: When a guy says [gesturing], "Come here, I gotta tell you something," a black guy knows what that means. "Say that shit from there. I heard the first part, what makes you think I won't hear the rest?" A white guy walks right into that shit. "What, man?", and gets popped in the face.

Yep white guys are all freaking idiots.

You have the biggest chip on your shoulder in regards to race. Its a shame because you come across as very intelligent in your posts.

Robbing Season - Kickb - 10-24-2012

I've always thought Mr.Mosis was white with a splash of brown

Robbing Season - Tuthmosis - 10-24-2012

Quote: (10-23-2012 10:43 PM)Chief Wrote:  

You have the biggest chip on your shoulder in regards to race. Its a shame because you come across as very intelligent in your posts.

You're obviously trolling, since I clearly explained that it was: 1. A stand-up routine done by a famous comedian; and 2. I went out of my way to say that we should shift the joke away from race, and apply it to smarts vs. non-street smarts.

This is the third time you've come after me on race-related discussions in your 32 posts. You seem to be some sort of reverse-race/WN troll.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-16305-...#pid277196

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-16621-...#pid283980

Robbing Season - Screwston - 10-24-2012

I deal with shit like this all the time. Its mainly bums and fiends creeping on me out of no where. Some guy just creeped on me at a Burger King drive thru and was rifht next to me asking for the time. Just gotta keep your eyes and ears open if youre in a big city.

Robbing Season - WesternCancer - 10-24-2012

I'm glad that shit doesn't happen in my area. I'm probably the scariest dude people will encounter. I always feel bad when I'm walking behind or towards a 100lb Asian dude or chick and they cross the street.

Kind of bad because my limited street smarts that I got from living in my hometown are fading and only flare up when I walk through the worst part of town.

This is ACTUAL footage of the guy who attempted to jack Kickboxer right before everything went down.

Robbing Season - Kickb - 10-24-2012

Quote: (10-24-2012 03:05 AM)houston Wrote:  

This is ACTUAL footage of the guy who attempted to jack Kickboxer right before everything went down.

That was actually pretty good.

Robbing Season - Menace - 10-24-2012

Woman had her purse snatched near metro center in dc about 6:30 pm. Street was busy with lots of after work people. I think they caught the guy and got her purse back. But this is def real with the holidays coming up.

Robbing Season - jerome - 10-24-2012

A rule of thumb:

when the sun goes down or if its near midnight...do not provide direction or help to strangers....period!!!!

The friendly helpful guy is dead around midnite...

Robbing Season - caps - 10-24-2012

one of my buddies got jacked last week. 5 teenage hood rats circled around him as he was walking to his crib and started asking "what time is it - what time is it" trying to get him to whip out the phone. of course he has (had) an iphone 5. they jump in, throw some kicks/punches, jack that shit and run off.

street smarts > a can of mace.

Youre in Texas, not some liberal state. Get a little pistol from Academy or a used one on craiglist. I keep mine in my car when driving and bring it inside when I get home.

Robbing Season - Moma - 10-24-2012

Quote: (10-24-2012 07:52 PM)caps Wrote:  

one of my buddies got jacked last week. 5 teenage hood rats circled around him as he was walking to his crib and started asking "what time is it - what time is it" trying to get him to whip out the phone. of course he has (had) an iphone 5. they jump in, throw some kicks/punches, jack that shit and run off.

5 lizards?

[Image: popcorn2.gif]

Robbing Season - caps - 10-24-2012

Quote: (10-24-2012 08:22 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (10-24-2012 07:52 PM)caps Wrote:  

5 lizards?

no, they were male.

Robbing Season - Beyond Borders - 10-24-2012

Strange experience for me last night too. Pulled over in my truck on a dark part of the main strip to talk on the cell and there was some guy walking on the sidewalk. Not sure if he thought I was pulling over for him or what, but he stopped immediately and sat there staring at me while I'm talking to my brother. I rolled down passenger window and said, "I'm talking on the phone." He kept staring and staring. I stopped talking again and said, "What do you want, Man? I'm talking on the phone. Not fucking with you. Leave me alone."

He sat there for my entire conversation and then suddenly saw him walk all the way around my truck to the streetside to approach my driver's side door. Popped the lock down with my elbow and rolled my window down enough to talk to him but not enough to let him get his hands through, so I could assess the guy properly before exposing myself.

"You got a fucking problem, Man! What do you want?"

Expression on his face changed immediately when he saw the look on mine. "Nah man no problem."

"Well then get the fuck out of here. I'm talking on my phone."

He got lost. Maybe an overreaction but something wasn't right. Maybe he was going to ask for some change but he didn't exactly look homeless (a lot of dangerous homeless people causing problems around here right now).

Robbing Season - Gmac - 10-24-2012

Whenever I get booze from my local ghetto as fuck liquor store I roll up in slacks and a wifebeater or white tee leaving the rest of my dress clothes, wallet, phone, $1200 watch in the car behind tinted windows. Nobody even asks me for change. I watch randoms get harassed all the time. Not me.

Robbing Season - speakeasy - 10-24-2012

Quote: (10-24-2012 12:27 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (10-23-2012 10:43 PM)Chief Wrote:  

You're obviously trolling, since I clearly explained that it was: 1. A stand-up routine done by a famous comedian; and 2. I went out of my way to say that we should shift the joke away from race, and apply it to smarts vs. non-street smarts.

This is the third time you've come after me on race-related discussions in your 32 posts. You seem to be some sort of reverse-race/WN troll.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-16305-...#pid277196

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-16621-...#pid283980

I think it's time for a new forum meme. One similar to Godwin's Law:

If any discussion goes on for long enough, the chance of it turning into a race thread approaches 1.0.

Robbing Season - Bad Hussar - 10-25-2012

This is why I don't carry a lot of cash, wear an expensive watch, or use overpriced gadgets like an iphone. They only make you a target.

I think the two best approaches to avoid being targeted are:

1) As already mentioned dress down, and pretty much look like you have nothing of value on you.
2) Dress up and look extremely rich/prosperous. But also act like you own the place. Make any potential miscreant think (yes, believe it or not they do have some sort of brains) that targetting you would be a REALLY dumb move. That you are so rich and powerfull that the state (police) must do your bidding and find and rough up those who attack you. Or even worse some other intermediary other than the police would go after them.

I don't really fit either of these profiles well, and definitely do not have an intimidatory appearance. And yet I am very rarely hassled on the street (other than the usual geniune panhandling), despite being based in one of the "50 most dangerous cities in the world", and travelling to others on that list for business. Probably due to some sort of situational awareness. I don't live in fear, but am not cavalier about my safety either.

Robbing Season - jammer - 10-25-2012

Do the black guys here ever get harassed? For me as a tall black guy (though not big, just average build) it seems more likely that people move away from me than harass me. I'm guessing guys like don't really get targeted much.

Robbing Season - Moma - 10-25-2012

Quote: (10-25-2012 11:47 AM)jammer Wrote:  

Do the black guys here ever get harassed? For me as a tall black guy (though not big, just average build) it seems more likely that people move away from me than harass me. I'm guessing guys like me don't really get targeted much.

Where do you live?