Roosh V Forum
Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota (/thread-15282.html)

Pages: 1 2

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - tomtud - 08-22-2012

This is not a typical trip report as I don't want to be rhetorical or repeating as there is a bunch of helpful information just by using the search function.

Before I continue I would like to pay an hommage to all who ventured here before and helped me with a running start. Too many names to mention, but you know who you are. Kudos to you all!

Ok my advice for any newb or anybody going to Colombia is:

1: Learn Spanish!!! you will only get so far with English or limited Spanish.....If you can flirt in Spanish as you can in English then you will enjoy the experience that much more. Granted, you can do well with limited Spanish but it will be pale in comparison if you can speak the language good....Mixx stressed this point and it is crucial.

2: Money. Well Colombia has a problem with fake currency notes. Expecially the 20 mil peso. Taxi cab drivers are notorious for giving you "falsas", so be weary when feeling the currency note. Ask a friend or a store clerk to "teach you" if you will about how to spot a fake currency note.....

3: Facebook and Blackberry...... I don't have facebook but this guy I met swears by it for Colombia.... He told me girls he met in Colombia have had their friends add him as a friend out of nowhere. So if you gonna have facebook just have one with an alias while down there and dont comment on photos or give likes/dislikes etc..... you don't want them to bust you if you actually are seeing one....Basically keep your status on super private.
As for blackberry, pick one up on a refurb store or buy one unlocked. The chicks will ask you "tienes pin"? so make this small investment.

4: Poblado and lleras: I didn't feel that I was in parque gringo in lleras. There are other parques within walking distance of this area where people congregate. Drinking on the street is legal here. I was quite surprised not to see too many gringos in lleras but when you saw them they stuck out big time in a bad way. Gringos if you are reading this,, dress stylish. Don't wear sandals or shorts to lleras!

5: Dating culture. Well I am not 100% certain but feel that both men and women are all cheating on eachother there. I made the mistake of deleting a bbm contact when I wasn't responded to too early. My buddy told me she was probably with her guy or was just busy..... Point is even if they read your message and don't respond let it go. She will come around.

6: OPEN YOUR MOUTH!!!! Talk to girls on the street in bars everywhere. Don't be shy. If you are shy you are toast. Go to FASE 2 and don't even bother.

7: Pipelining on Colombian Cupid. This does work. But the dimes aren't on the net. Good luck getting them, but a lot of cuties can be had.

8. Other barrios. I loved Belen, Laureles. Both these areas are relatively safe and not too many tourists.

9. Restaurants: Eating at J&C Delicias, El Corral etc well you will come across upper class Colombians. As the TodoTerreno at El Corral will cost you 20 mil ($10) approx for a single burger. But if you aren't on a budget you can chat up the servers. I frequented a J&Cs by my apartment and met girls there.

10. Clubs: Exactly like people mentioned. Groups and loud music. If your Spanish is not there, good luck hearing and listening to the chica talk a million miles a second. Ain't gonna happen. Mixed sets. However, if you speak decent Spanish you can crack a dent here.

11: Ultra feminine: These girls dress like women. They don't wear mens clothes at all. Look at a Colombianas nails. NONE of them bite their nails. NONE!!! their toes look proportionate (I hate ugly toes) and then compare them to girls in the English speaking world. YOu will see women who bite their nails and smoke like chimneys. Not many Colombianas smoke too. This is a plus for me.

Barrio Colomiba: seems desolate on Friday nights, but Saturdays are quite busy. I like the policy that a rock bar called Trilogia has. You cannot enter without females. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it helps avoid the cockfests that we are used to in N.America.

Estrada: Busy on weekends. Young crowd, but hotties everywhere.

Bars in neighbourhoods: ala Laureles 33 or 70 by estadio. Drinks are cheap and most places have no cover.

Fondas/bars: I swear, every Colombian knows the words to every song played. They sing and dance to every tune. Fonda La Tranca on 33, Fonda Al Altar in Lleras or Trilogia. They all know the tunes. I feel the atmospheres are good and warm. People are there to have a good time. There are some groups of all females at these places. Not just all mixed groups.

Lower strata barrios: Don't go at night unless you are with a local. I went to Buenas Aires at night, not the worst area, but felt dodgy to me when a chica I was with her brother wanted to buy something. YOu see guys standing with one hand crossed tucked in their left arm. Geez, I wonder what he's got. Just don't go.

I am sure I left out much more on Medellin. I don't want to repeat what was said on the forum before. Do a search and you will be fine.

Cali and Bogota: I just stayed there a weekend each. Both places are cool and awesome. Cali is hot, but felt more dangerous. Bogota is a city of 8 million people. Lots of things to do. Bad traffic, but felt safe all the time. Its the city of eternal autumn IMHO. if you like the fall/autumn you will love Bogota with its weather, pedestrian streets and people. Zona Rosa / Zona T are awesome!!!

Cali has beautiful women. If you dig the pocohontas look. This place is for you. It also has some hot black girls there too. I didn't see any black boys there from N America but the black chicks here are unbelievable.
In Cali, if you see a white guy with a black chick he is labelled a gringo automatcially. In San Andres is the opposite. You see the gringas always with the black boys with dread locks. There seems to be a non-mixing of races there regarding locals.

But if you don't care about that and have a thing for hot black chicks, ,,,,,, Cali and the coast are for you. If big breasts small waist and big hips with a nice full butt are your thing, Cali Cali Cali all the way. Medellin has zero hot black chicks from what I've seen.

In the airport (Bogota) flight got delayed.... typical coming from a latin country to be delayed. I started talking to a dude from Toronto. He's mid 20s and is heads over heals for a married 35 yo milf. He's like she's gonna leave her husband for her and come to Canada blah blah blah. I'm like dude you are crazy!!! that has passport hunter written all over it. But after recalling my conversations with guys who live there and dated these girls the word magic came to mind. These girls seem magical. As corny and stupid as it sounds, aside from all the negative things that come with latinas and Colombianas, they are magical. I don't know how to explain it so I apologize. Myself and my friends who have lived there for a few years pemanently feel more or less the same. Yes there can be some cunts but there is something about them. Maybe I am biased as I have a thing for latinas, but how they talk to you, act and LOOK all make that magic word work for me.

Being back in Toronto now before I go back to the closed society of Qatar in the middle east I am still unmotivated to really go out and club. Getting easier now, but being in Colombia seeing the countryside, mountains lush greenery makes it special. Colombia is a beautiful country IMHO. The people are warm and friendly that I came across and they are social especially when it comes to those Fonda bars. The women... WOW!!! Even the ugly ones seem cute too.... lol.... Its hard to get up and go out in Toronto when all you do is compare the girls to Colombia. All I know is that if given an opportunity to work down there I will SERIOUSLY consider it. Life is short........

Tomtud [Image: smile.gif]

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - Freddy_1 - 08-22-2012

Thanks for the info!..

Im having a hard time deciding between Medellin and Cali...From all the info i read Medellin def seems the better city to live in but the the description of the women in Cali is what i like!...

Decisions Decisions!!!

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - Bananaman711 - 08-22-2012

How much would be to rent 1 bdrm appartment/studio on a monthly basis in cali/medellin?

Any websites where locals would normally look for rental appartments?

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - intense - 08-22-2012

Here is one option for finding apartments. Furnished apartments in Medellin are not cheap. Most of them seem to be in Poblado or Laureles with a few in Envigado. I was paying 700 per month for a studio in Envigado. Poblado is much more expensive >1000.

http://colombia.es.craigslist.org/

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - chochemonger1 - 08-22-2012

Quote: (08-22-2012 05:00 AM)Freddy_1 Wrote:  

Thanks for the info!..

Im having a hard time deciding between Medellin and Cali...From all the info i read Medellin def seems the better city to live in but the the description of the women in Cali is what i like!...

Decisions Decisions!!!

In terms of banging I would go with Cali. The girls are less conservative, more direct and affectionate than paisas. They are a bit darker than paisas and you will see more black girls, since there are more african genes in the population. But I dont mind that at all. A hot girl is a hot girl and Cali has just as many as Medellin. Also, since there are less gringos you have more of the exotic factor in Cali. Though, your spanish better be conversational and you better not mind hot ass weather.

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - Road_Less_Taken - 08-22-2012

What percentage of girls would have a blackberry? what is the popularity in comparison to iphones?

I can see the value in having bbm or something when girls never have or want to use credit on their phone.

I say this as its about time that I upgraded from by bar phone.

Airbnb.com is a good way to find rentals short term.

I did not see many iPhones though. In the middle east seems like everybody has both an iPhone and blackberry. Perhaps it's time I do the same. But in Medellin, it's blackberry all the way and Facebook. Get a fake account if you have to and start from there.

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - jergens007 - 08-22-2012

I been to medellin and Cali 3 times. Both places have equally beautiful women. but Calenas are more direct and less conservative than the Paisas. there is a saying, If you want to have marry a good wife, you marry a Paisa and if you want to find a mistress, you go to cali.

Why nobody talks abt Cartagena when talking abt colombia?its on the coast, have both black and white chicks+all different shades in between.

I have found an apartment for 275 usd in good suburb, cheap as

http://www.vivareal.net/apartment-33450780/

Well maybe not many have ventured there. Looking forward to reading your data sheet partner!

Quote: (08-22-2012 10:09 AM)intense Wrote:  

Here is one option for finding apartments. Furnished apartments in Medellin are not cheap. Most of them seem to be in Poblado or Laureles with a few in Envigado. I was paying 700 per month for a studio in Envigado. Poblado is much more expensive >1000.

http://colombia.es.craigslist.org/

These are some crazy prices to pay in 3rd world country where ppl work for 200 usd a month, are you sure you are not paying gringo prices?

Usually off the Internet is gringo prices. Everything on colombia is negotiable. Once down there make some friends, and I'm sure you can find a bargain. These people making $200 per month are living somewhere and some even live on decent areas. It's possible to find a bargain.

There are far cheaper options if you look at a shared apartment. But to have your own furnished apartment it is quite expensive where I have looked. Definitely prices are higher on the internet but it's not that easy to find something without the internet. If you can avoid going through a realty agency prices will be lower but not that much lower. People earning 200 per month live in the lowest stratus barrios and would probably be living with their family.

If you just want a room in a shared apartment there are plenty available for 200 and up per month.

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - PhilE - 08-22-2012

Quote: (08-22-2012 01:38 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

Usually off the Internet is gringo prices. Everything on colombia is negotiable. Once down there make some friends, and I'm sure you can find a bargain. These people making $200 per month are living somewhere and some even live on decent areas. It's possible to find a bargain.

Exactly, Because of the internet Columbians (and other 3rd world countries) feel as though they can get rich by trying to create "an American/European" look in a 3rd world country and bet on that you wont know the difference. But the local market determines the price...and I know its NO WHERE near 1000.00+/mo

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - PhilE - 08-22-2012

Quote: (08-22-2012 01:10 PM)Bananaman711 Wrote:  

Why nobody talks abt Cartagena when talking abt colombia?its on the coast, have both black and white chicks+all different shades in between.

That apartment looks to be about 275/day (the seller probably made a mistake and put per month) but if you look at the other ones above and below it they are all between 150-275/day.

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - Freddy_1 - 08-22-2012

Quote: (08-22-2012 11:11 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2012 05:00 AM)Freddy_1 Wrote:  

Thanks for the info!..

Decisions Decisions!!!

In terms of banging I would go with Cali. The girls are less conservative, more direct and affectionate than paisas. They are a bit darker than paisas and you will see more black girls, since there are more african genes in the population. But I dont mind that at all. A hot girl is a hot girl and Cali has just as many as Medellin. Also, since there are less gringos you have more of the exotic factor in Cali. Though, your spanish better be conversational and you better not mind hot ass weather.

Cool, yeh I'm leaning towards Cali and and am gonna start looking for apartments there... From what I've read Granda and Barrio Centenario seems the be best areas?... What do you guys think??

Granada is a safe area and not too far from the action.

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - scotian - 08-22-2012

Nice report Tomtud, sounds like you had a blast, I'm currently in Medellin and basically agree with everything that you wrote in your post.

One thing that anyone who travels here has to remember is to always have some form of ID on you at all times, I got pulled over by a bunch of cops in a taxi a couple of days ago in Barrio Antioqueno, they made us get out and searched the car and patted us down. I had an expired driver's license on me and the cops didn't give me much hassle.

I also had much better luck with the Calenas than I'm having with the Paisas, a girl I took out last night said that Gringos in Medellin have a rep as being dogs, never heard that anywhere else in Colombia.

Thanks Scotian. I am from Toronto and live until June in the middle east. I am used to working for the tail that I get and expected the same in Colombia. As for men being seen as dogs, well it's the gringos who believe that all they have to do is show up and act like kings and they have it all. Acting stupidly and dating down in status nd looks brought the gringo status lower and thus seen as dogs.

Cali, I found more of the folks speak English than in Medellin. Pocahontas look fr me ll the way. Close second are the blonde highlighted girls of Medellin. Wow!

Quote: (08-22-2012 04:30 PM)PhilE Wrote:  

Exactly, Because of the internet Columbians (and other 3rd world countries) feel as though they can get rich by trying to create "an American/European" look in a 3rd world country and bet on that you wont know the difference. But the local market determines the price...and I know its NO WHERE near 1000.00+/mo

I can assure you that to live in Poblado by yourself in a furnished apartment (modern, clean, security, possibly a swimming pool) will cost approx. $1000 per month. I have been looking for the past week. I would be grateful if you showed me something cheaper but I'm pretty confident that this is normal prices in this area. Other barrios of course are cheaper.

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - Sherman - 08-22-2012

I prefer Bogota because it is the capital city and attracts women from all over the country. You would have to travel all over Colombia to sample the same variety of women. I don't mind the cool weather and the rain. When I was there many years ago, a Colombian could get an apartment in a nice neighborhood for less than $400 a month, but you need a Colombian to co-sign your lease. This is a difficult requirement for foreigners and would be interested if anyone has figured out a way to get around this without paying gringo prices to some craiglist real estate agent.

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - chochemonger1 - 08-22-2012

No man, who knows Colombia well, would recommend Cartagena over other cities like Medellin, Cali or Manizales, etc. The girls are nice and easy,but not at the level of those other cities. But if you are coming from the US or England for the first time, it would definetely seem like a hot paradise city with alot of easy cute girls.

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - Bananaman711 - 08-23-2012

Quote: (08-22-2012 10:12 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

No man, who knows Colombia well, would recommend Cartagena over other cities like Medellin, Cali or Manizales, etc. The girls are nice and easy,but not at the level of those other cities. But if you are coming from the US or England for the first time, it would definetely seem like a hot paradise city with alot of easy cute girls.

Aparently Cartagena is full of prostitutes that even normal discos are infiltrated by freelancers/hookers/semi hookers.

That could be bc Cartagena is biggest port in Colombia so it attracts that kind of girls.

Heard Colombianas love money and everyone would sell their ass for $$

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - Bananaman711 - 08-23-2012

http://www.vivareal.net/apartment-35810654/

http://www.vivareal.net/apartment-35810542/

Are these prices per month?
220 usd a month for 3 bdrm app is good deal.Whats the catch?

Colombia July 2012 Medellin, Cali, Bogota - intense - 08-23-2012

Quote: (08-23-2012 04:57 AM)Bananaman711 Wrote:  

http://www.vivareal.net/apartment-35810654/

http://www.vivareal.net/apartment-35810542/

Are these prices per month?
220 usd a month for 3 bdrm app is good deal.Whats the catch?

There is no catch but you will have to buy furniture and probably a refrigerator. You will have to set up all the utilies (internet, phone, television) and pay the bills. You may have to commit to a longterm lease.

It's one reason the furnished gringo apartments seem expensive; they include all utilities and furniture. It is basically the price one must pay to show up and have everything setup and ready to go. This also gives you short term options without commitments. It's much less of a headache.

If you were staying for a long period of time you could save a lot of money renting an unfurnished apartment and buying your own furniture, setting up your utilities etc... There are plenty of very nice, new, modern unfurnished apartments for rent especially in medellin with all the new condominums being built.