Roosh V Forum
Clubs suck - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Clubs suck (/thread-14700.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Clubs suck - Screwston - 07-29-2012

I haven't gone to a club in about 8 months. When I say club, I mean a night club that caters to young adults, plays trendy, shitty music, has a $10+ cover fee, dress code, crazy alcohol prices, etc. I used to like going to them when I was younger and loved getting wasted and dancing like this on girls [Image: banana.gif] I've pulled from clubs before and lost my virginity to a girl who chose me in one. I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but I can't do them anymore when I'm serious in my life about getting pussy and not flake numbers. The night pretty much reminded of everything we complain so much about with American girls.

My boy called me last night and wanted to go. I told him we should just go bar hopping, but he offered to pay for everything so I said fuck it. I counted about 4 groups of girls in 2. The rest were in groups of 4+. I tried talking to the groups of 2, but got rejected quick. It didn't even seem like they were there to talk to guys, just dance, take pictures and go back to their weak drinks. I watched them do it over and over to guys like it was on repeat.

I didn't even attempt to talk to the big groups of girls because I've never been able to and probably won't ever be able to. Call my game weak but that's not my style. I'm a lot better 1 on 1 or maybe 1 on 2. About 75% of the guys were in packs of 4+ and it seemed like most of them knew the groups of girls.

I had about 3 girls attempt to push me out of the way at the bar and sarcastically say "excuse me". I just looked at them crazy and they looked away real quick. I saw a few ugly ass guys buying bottles, inviting girls to sip with them and the girls disappearing when it was done. A girl told me to "MOVE" because I was in the way of a picture being taken [Image: dodgy.gif] I would of ended up getting kicked out if that happened a few years ago. I saw so many 5's and barely fuckable girls walking around like they were in our What Do You Consider a 10 Thread.

The whole night was just depressing and frustrating. I would of left after the first drink, but my homeboy loves getting teased, buying girls drinks and calling his baby momma on the way home. I'll never understand how guys can go to clubs weekend after weekend.

Clubs suck - El Rey - 07-29-2012

Yes sir. As you get older your tolerance for bullshit gets much, much lower. And you realize that clubs are one grand joke, a sad popularity contest, and an abundance of bullshit.

Rooftop bars, bars, pubs, happy hours, park/lake game (for where I reside at), and daygame are a better use of time for me. Clubs are still good for cats who are just starting out in the game. It's a bootcamp of game for them in that environment.

Clubs suck - Giovonny - 07-29-2012

Damn, Houston is getting old!!

Quote: (07-29-2012 01:44 PM)houston Wrote:  

and calling his baby momma on the way home.

haha!

Clubs suck - speakeasy - 07-29-2012

Houston, how old are you? I recently turned 36 and I can totally relate. Though I've been feeling the same way about clubs for awhile now.

Clubs suck - Aliblahba - 07-29-2012

Quote: (07-29-2012 03:04 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Houston, how old are you? I recently turned 36 and I can totally relate. Though I've been feeling the same way about clubs for awhile now.

Same here. I've never liked clubs but when we were 21 is was a different beast. The U.S. clubs held value and was easy to pull from. No idea when that changed.

Clubs suck - el mechanico - 07-29-2012

Quote: (07-29-2012 03:04 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

He's right unless you want to 1000x the work to get laid. Like I said before if it's the club to go to it's not the club to go to.

Clubs suck - Screwston - 07-29-2012

I just turned 25 but look about 19 so I'm already at a disadvantage when I'm surrounded by older looking guys. Actually, I had fun in clubs before cell phones, Facebook, all of that bullshit really started blowing up. I had a couple of years when I turned legal before that happened. I think that really fucked them up and made it damn near impossible to get a girl from one. That's when things started going downhill fast.

Clubs suck - kosko - 07-29-2012

Its not that your getting older the clubs are just getting more and more shitty.

Ive been bar hopping for 10 years now. Started when I was 16 with a Fake ID.

Its the people and the clubs whom cater to those folks that are fucked up. Back in the day the ego culture of phones, booths, vips were not mainstream. Back then bars just wanted to pack a place full as as many people and get them to buy drinks. Before cell culure and smoking bans evreybody went to the bar to hang out and actually be social.

Three things killed clubs forever:

*Smoking bans

*Booth service/VIPs
-Letting nobodies feel special for a steep price. I am cool with real VIPs or people whom are connected getting special treatment but giving nobody's access to this shit is a wrong move and helped breed crazy egos.

*The youth credit boom of the mid-2000's(2003-2007)
-I am surprised people don't study this era and how it completely fucked up our generation. We all got debt and people especially women started buying high-end shit, Dudes were dropping 200$ on kicks every week,girls were buying bags and expensive clothes, etc.

Everybody was "balling" on a budget with the credit cards and bars took advantage; changing the format to suck money out of less people. Also with this, sleazy promoters got their hands on loans and opened up a crazy amount of bars. It was during this time Toronto famously had a "clubland" with nearly 300 bars that served 120K people per weekend. All the bars started loosing money since there were too many and almost all of them closed down except for maybe 50.

Smartphones
-no explanation needed. I remember girls having to write my number on their arm in lipstick. Not everybody had phones then as crazy as it sounds.

Clubs suck - Cincinnatus - 07-29-2012

Can the international RVF players please comment on the club scene around the world? I've only been out of the country once. I'm curious to hear whether or not the club scene is dope in places like S.E. Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe.

Clubs suck - pitt - 07-29-2012

I have been saying the same thing on here for months, if you are looking to pull consistently avoid clubs.

Last time i went to a club was about 3 weeks ago and i told myself again that this is not my thing. My home boys were more concerned in dancing, while i was trying to pull, they were tellling me that i need to stop focusing just in women, that i should dance too, i was thinking wtf, i didnt come here to dance, i came here to pull..i got this one girl on locked..i told my boys to move to their friends but they were being too slow..these girls ended up leaving with other guys.

In order to do well in clubs you need to roll with other guys that are as good as you..girls see 3 solid guys rolling together and they all want to get to know you. The legit crew that i used to roll with in clubs, we dont roll together anymore, but even then we pulled more from day game than from clubs.

I see many newbees focused in pulling from clubs and complaining about women, i guess they dont pull because they dont approach during the day. Fuck clubs, its all about day game.

Clubs suck - WesternCancer - 07-29-2012

I definitely feel you on this one. Every time I go to clubs its like a sideshow of the most retarded examples of either sex. To me it seems like clubs are better suited for really high energy and good looking dudes. Most of the time chicks are just there to dance and further every negative stereotype about their sex. Ive had some female friends of friends state they were going to the club to dance, get free drinks and be entitles bitches.

They are good if you roll in with a mixed group or as a date with a girl who's into clubbing.

Clubs suck - kosko - 07-29-2012

Having high energy and good looks can get you farther in other venues tho.

... Working in a bar tho still has DHV.

Clubs suck - Palo_alto - 07-29-2012

I tried talking to the groups of 2, but got rejected quick. It didn't even seem like they were there to talk to guys, just dance, take pictures and go back to their weak drinks. I watched them do it over and over to guys like it was on repeat.

That's the thing. When you go to loud nightclubs you don't talk to the ladies, you go crazy on the dance floor with them, get drunk, wear crazy clothes and basically are the party dude.

Club game is my main game. But I can totally understand you. If I am 100% sober and low energy, I don't want to be there, is just a hassle.

This is my formula for clubbing:

1. Get your logistics straight.
2. Pre-game.
3. High energy, I usually get an espresso and a blunt before getting in.
4. Bring a camera and wear birthday clothes or bachelor's party indumentaria.
5. GO CAVEMAN!

That's about it, I will have to say that 80% of my bangs comes from clubbing, having an after party at my apartment which is within walking distance from the club.

Quote: (07-29-2012 03:28 PM)pitt Wrote:  

I see many newbees focused in pulling from clubs and complaining about women, i guess they dont pull because they dont approach during the day. Fuck clubs, its all about day game.

For me day game is great for getting fuck buddies but for ONS clubbing is the easiest, at least for me.

Clubs suck - el mechanico - 07-29-2012

Quote: (07-29-2012 03:55 PM)Palo_alto Wrote:  

For me day game is great for getting fuck buddies but for ONS clubbing is the easiest, at least for me.
Who is that in your Avatar? And the thread should be called American clubs suck. Once you can navigate these Knight infested cockblock circuses the rest of them are a cakewalk.

Quote: (07-29-2012 03:59 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (07-29-2012 03:55 PM)Palo_alto Wrote:  

Who is that in your Avatar? And the thread should be called American clubs suck. Once you can navigate these Knight infested cockblock circuses the rest of them are a cakewalk.

Is the main character in the movie "kids"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113540/

Clubs suck - XXL - 07-29-2012

Palo_alto nailed it.

when i go out to nightclubs i know i need to let go and just do shit for the sake of adventure. it's not that bad if you are ok with getting a little stupid for few hours. clubs are all about fun fun fun, most girls there just want go nuts, pump their emotions and go home. however, in every nightclub there are few girls looking for a dick that night and they usually find you when you are the shiny object and source of fun there.

clubs KILL anxious guys who have 'target hunting' written all over them. it wouldn't be so bad if they could at least approach well and be normal.

Clubs suck - speakeasy - 07-29-2012

Quote: (07-29-2012 03:53 PM)Palo_alto Wrote:  

I tried talking to the groups of 2, but got rejected quick. It didn't even seem like they were there to talk to guys, just dance, take pictures and go back to their weak drinks. I watched them do it over and over to guys like it was on repeat.

That's the thing. When you go to loud nightclubs you don't talk to the ladies, you go crazy on the dance floor with them, get drunk, wear crazy clothes and basically are the party dude.

Club game is my main game. But I can totally understand you. If I am 100% sober and low energy, I don't want to be there, is just a hassle.

This is my formula for clubbing:

1. Get your logistics straight.
2. Pre-game.
3. High energy, I usually get an espresso and a blunt before getting in.
4. Bring a camera and wear birthday clothes or bachelor's party indumentaria.
5. GO CAVEMAN!

That's about it, I will have to say that 80% of my bangs comes from clubbing, having an after party at my apartment which is within walking distance from the club.

Your strategy sounds solid. I do think the club scene is great for a certain type of guy as you outlined above. More introverted, less-hyper type of dudes should probably avoid clubs unless they are taking a girl there on a date.

Clubs suck - Sargon of Akkad - 07-29-2012

Since the beginning of this year, I've switched from clubbing to daygame.

So much better...

- No drunken idiots
- No obnoxious, fake bitches with inflated egos.
- No loud, trashy, deafness-inducing music that makes talking impossible.
- No legions of drunken guys to compete with.
- No white knights or cockblocking friends.

Added benifits...

- larger variety of girls to choose from; smarter more laid back types; more Asians (they don't tend to visit clubs where I live).
- better lighting; you can see the girls' faces better, so you're not fooled into mistaking a 5 for a 7

Although in clubs a notch comes much faster (you don't have to go on dates), my closing rate is much higher during the day.

Clubs suck - LowerCaseG - 07-29-2012

I agree with all the club hating comments. Great Tully picture Palo Alto... Awesome movie, and Tully is an Alpha Male extraordinaire. Sadly, Casper is no longer with us.

Clubs suck - HiFlo - 07-29-2012

hahahahahahaha. EVERY single bar/club in my town is like this.

Welcome to the party.

Clubs suck - Basil Ransom - 07-29-2012

Quote: (07-29-2012 03:11 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

if it's the club to go to it's not the club to go to.

Lol, very well stated. There's always that certain breed of dude who's going, "YO GUYS! We gotta go here, it's poppin' man!!" Probably most guys who go out are like that. If you're dumb enough to roll with this dude, it's packed to the gills with people and macking is impossible. Guys love getting laid, but it's like they can't man up and admit it, and change their behavior accordingly. It always makes me feel weird - "Am I totally fucking missing something? Does no one else realize it's harder to get laid when the club is 'poppin?' In reality, nightlife is best at 40-70% capacity.

I've always thought that in any seduction, success requires value and scarcity, together. She needs to feel like you are a cool dude, and that you are her best option at that moment and there isn't much else. In a crowded club where there are scads of attractive men literally an arm's length away, men are disposable. You can't make her feel that your cool dick is a scarce commodity, at that moment. You may be the coolest dude she's talked to all month, but she can tell you to fuck off and be talking to another cool dude within minutes, in the club. If you think otherwise, you're deluding yourself. Guys here may talk about nexting girls, but unless you're a celebrity, you'll never be nexting girls the way a cute girl in a club can next guys.

And girls don't compare guys in a logical way - say a chick met three dudes, A and B at the club on the same night, and C at a coffee shop. Maybe A was cooler than B, and B was cooler than C. C is a little lame. But dude B is going to come out looking the worst, because he was clearly beaten by another dude at the same time. If C can manage a date and a bang before A does, he might edge out A completely. Unless she's fat, girls don't like to settle for #2.

Also, this is why girls say stupid shit like "you'll never meet your husband at a bar." She would, but she'd ignore him for some guy who's hotter and cooler, who's willing to fuck her but not marry her. The guy who would be her husband is just not cool enough to get her in a bar, on a cold approach. And the guy who is can get a hotter girl.

Clubs suck - that guy - 07-29-2012

I've found my only success with clubs has been when I show up drunk as hell 2 hours before closing, and just go crazy dancing with any girl I can and try to escalate and leave as quickly as possible. After doing this for just a few years, I completely hate it. Hate waking up hung over the next day, hate getting rejected by girls who are lucky I am even talking to them, hate random dudes trying to fight me for no real reason whatsoever, hate bacherlorette parties, etc etc etc. But mostly it feels degrading as if I am some kind of entertainer pulling silly stunts to give some nasty cunt a little ego boost. Yes, I will occasionally fuck one of these deluded whores, though not nearly as often as I would like. But I feel that by continuing to go to these types of establishments I am contributing to the problem. It is like these types of clubs give ugly women who have nasty personalities an outlet to feel desired and empowered. They are saying, you are perfect the way you are, you don't need to improve yourself at all. Just look at the terrible outfits women wear to American clubs. Maybe I tolerated it before because my daygame wasn't where it should be, but as my daygame has improved, my hate of nightclubs has intensified.

Its like another world. I dress well (not gmanifesto style, but better than a large percentage of other guys), am in great shape (6 foot, 178 pounds, currently 8% body fat), but honestly I don't have great facial features. Which is probably why I focus so much on the things I can control, like fitness and style. Anyway, despite not having great facial features, come daytime I get a decent amount of looks and women occasionally approach me. At a nightclub? Practically never. I get rejected in nightclubs by women who drool over me in the daytime. The amount of work, preparation, and recovery time required for me to pull in a nightclub is just exponentially higher than daytime. And frankly, for me there is no thrill in the chase, only the end result. The sex is all that matters, I don't give a shit about anything that occurred leading up to it.

Like other members have stated, I can imagine better looking guys or guys with just a huge amount of energy doing just fine, but for me, I almost exclusively do daygame. 80% of the time I am awake is in the daytime, it would be maddening to focus so much effort on that slim 20%.

Clubs suck - Architekt - 07-29-2012

I don't mind the clubbing environment, 'cause I'm actually starting to enjoy the whole dancing part of it when I'm with friends. It's hard to legitimately game girls inside though - the smoking areas outside are often the best bet - the music is quieter, and people are more often alone so you can legitimately talk to women without a myriad of drunk dudes and bitchy girlfriends around to ruin everything. Personally, I prefer chatting to girls outside the clubs, between venues, etc. I find that not enough young girls actually go to bars without their boyfriends - they prefer to go to a club, pretend they are enjoying themselves, whilst getting angry that so many guys are hitting on them but secretly basking in the self esteem they are giving them.

Clubs suck - RawGod - 07-29-2012

I think the club is a kind of a shit test to see who can handle such a harsh environment. I realised it's not for me long ago.